Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,248 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) (2408 Views)

Messi More Important Than Ronaldo ā€“ La Liga President / Leo Or Cristiano? Supercomputer Thinks Messi Is 'much Better' Than Ronaldo / Messi Earns More Than Ronaldo In Europe - L'equipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by lonikit: 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
do you judge player based on goal alone. I'm not a ronaldo or messi fan but the fact is that at the moment judging by their honors, messi is better. despite the fact dat ronaldo is older, messi still has won more trophies dan ronaldo, messi only went trophiless in 2007 since 2005 that he joined the senior team while ronaldo has gone trophiless five seasons since 2002. he was trophiless in 2003, 2005, 2010, 2013 and 2015.
currently, messi won the highest balloon Dior (5) though it is obvious that ronaldo will win this year and equal him. going by trophies won by the two players, I think presently messi is still ahead, he has won about 32 trophies since 2005 while ronaldo won 25since 2002. either you like it not, messi is still ahead. I am not saying ronaldo is not good but messi is better based on trophies won.

2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by lonikit: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
2017 laliga and champions league made ronaldo total trophies won 25.

mod pls help forward to the promise land, let see what their fans have to say

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by lonikit: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
ronaldo is good but messi is better. messi is very versatile, not easy to fall, not selfish with goals.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by joe4real12: 8:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
Messi is a dribbler, team player, scorer, wonderkid and the best footballer.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by lonikit: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
joe4real12:
Messi is a dribbler, team player, scorer, wonderkid and the best footballer.

I don't knw why pole are condemning the guy oo, this is somebody who only went trophiless in one season since 2005 ooo, 32 trophies and still they say he is not good

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by blackboy(m): 8:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
OP, are these statistics facts or hearsay

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
Messi still reigns supreme over any footballer.
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by lonikit: 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
blackboy:
OP, are these statistics facts or hearsay

facts sir, u can always confirm.
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by divinehand2003(m): 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
C. Ronaldo has won Champions league back to back, and this is a rare feat for only the greatest footballers to achieve. If messi can do that to prove a point before he retires, then can he join C. Ronaldo at the top. Till then, Ronaldo remains number 1 unchallenged and undisputed.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by hkidola00(m): 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
pele once sed messi should win 3 world cup b4 he can still have a chance to be compared with him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by lonikit: 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
divinehand2003:
C. Ronaldo has won Champions league back to back, and this is a rare feat for only the greatest footballers to achieve. If messi can do that to prove a point before he retires, then can he join C. Ronaldo at the top. Till then, Ronaldo remains number 1 unchallenged and undisputed.

Milan won it back to back in 89 and 90.
have you forgotten that messi won balloon Dior 4 times on a roll which has never happened bfor

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by divinehand2003(m): 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
lonikit:

Milan won it back to back in 89 and 90.
have you forgotten that messi won balloon Dior 4 times on a roll which has never happened bfor

Ballon D'or became political at a point. Messi didn't deserve one of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by lonikit: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
divinehand2003:

it has always bn like that. they will only nominate players based on their performance, then voting comes on the D-day. they voted him that year (2010)
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by divinehand2003(m): 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
lonikit:

it has always bn like that. they will only nominate players based on their performance, then voting comes on the D-day. they voted him that year (2010)

I have always known that Ballon D'or is not a good yardstick to compare great players. Messi is more talented, but C Ronaldo keeps breaking personal records that are mind blowing particularly on the European stage. He is my kind of player anytime anyday.
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by Kx: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
We can discuss when Messi wins a gold medal with his national team, wins ucl back to back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
Kx:
We can discuss when Messi wins a gold medal with his national team, wins ucl back to back.
Eder
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by Mathkid007: 11:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
divinehand2003:
Ronaldo at his best couldn't score 73 goals in a season and 91 goals in a calendar year. When he does that, wake me up and tell me CR7 is d best
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by lonikit: 11:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
divinehand2003:

when ronaldo wins 4 balloon Dior on a roll and when he equals messi in the number of trophies, wake me up. for nw messi has won 32 trophies in 12 yrs and ronaldo 26 in 15yrs plus the recent UCL and LA liga won. so till then, messi is the oga at the top
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by spencerlouis(m): 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
stupid!!! messi is jst progressing under barca!!! did he win d trophies by playin alone?? let him switch club lets see! mind u he is shiit! wit Argentina!!!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by OVA200(m): 12:15am On Jun 05, 2017
Guy please let stop this argument because many of us don't know the yardstick for tipping someone as the best and we often miss being the best and being the greatest together, and most time we let our love for either of them to be cloud us, most people will be saying Messi can dribble, he is not selfish, he is a team player and another will be saying Ronaldo can score at anywhere, he got great positioning, he can score with all his body and that'sā€‹ not all what it takes to be the greatest but you can use those attributes to be the best.

MY OWN OPINION ON WHO IS THE BEST:
Messi is a better player between the two because he seems to understand football better he can influence and win match alone, he hardly disappoint on big occasions and doesn't rely on anybody to prove his own mark any day and if you are watching Messi play you will think football is so easy to play but Ronaldo can't influence game alone anymore but can win it, he can't dribble anymore but that's not his fault though due to age and height it is normal (can Ibrahimovic, crouch, carroll dribble with their age? NO) but if you are watching Ronaldo you won't be overwhelm but seeing his stat you will be like wow, so I think Messi is better (you might oppose though)

MY OPINION ON WHO IS THE GREATEST
Concerning the greatest between them as of today (we can't say what will happen tomorrow) I will go with Ronaldo because when considering the greatest they put your attributes aside and look at what you have achieved (valuable achievement) and concerning achievement Ronaldo achieved something that is very valuable like highest goal scorer in Europe all time, over 100 goals in Europe premier competition, 600 career goals, win everything in different countries etc these achievements are very interesting and appalling, am not saying Messi did not achieved tangible thing o but in term of tangible achievement he is a step behind Ronaldo.
If you don't agreed let just imagine Ronaldo winning his 5th balon d'or and 2018 world cup and Messi remain the same way he is, don't let deceive ourselves the debate of being the greatest will be gone, so people won't consider the way you gather your achievement anymore but what exactly is the achievement in particular, remember people are no more talking about how Maradona and Pele sum up their records but people are talking about the achievement as a whole, so for me Ronaldo is the greatest as of today ( you can also oppose it though)

Coming from a Chelsea fan and also Ronaldo fanboy but also Messi admirer.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by lonikit: 12:18am On Jun 05, 2017
spencerlouis:
stupid!!! messi is jst progressing under barca!!! did he win d trophies by playin alone?? let him switch club lets see! mind u he is shiit! wit Argentina!!!

he Won u 20 world cup wit Argentina, 3times copa america runner up, 1 time world cup runner up, winner of olympic 2008 all these between 2004-2017(13 yrs). ronaldo won 1 euro cup wit Portugal, 1time euro runner up. these two between 2001-2017 (16yrs) so who is more shit wit the national team oga?
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by OVA200(m): 12:23am On Jun 05, 2017
lonikit:

he Won u 20 world cup wit Argentina, 3times copa america runner up, 1 time world cup runner up, winner of olympic 2008 all these between 2004-2017(13 yrs). ronaldo won 1 euro cup wit Portugal, 1time euro runner up. these two between (2001-2017) so who is more shit wit the national team oga?
Is runner up a title? Juventus lost 5 consecutive champions league final and 6 final lose in total but they won maybe 2 Barca won 5 and lost maybe 1 or 2 now tell me which is a better side?

And moreover u20 and Olympic is not considered a major international trophy.

By the way please read my lengthy epistle of both of them above.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by lonikit: 12:57am On Jun 05, 2017
[quote author=OVA200 post=57201178]Is runner up a title? Juventus lost 5 consecutive champions league final and 6 final lose in total but they won maybe 2 Barca won 5 and lost maybe 1 or 2 now tell me which is a better side?

By the way please read my lengthy epistle of both of them above.[/quote

u made some reasonable points in the epistle u wrote but I disagree with some too.

if u claimed that Olympic and FIFA u 20 are not considered as international trophies, is euro dat ronaldo won considered one?? don't forget that euro is like Africa cup of nation limited to Europe alone. FIFA u20 and Olympic is not limited to a particular continent o.
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by lonikit: 12:59am On Jun 05, 2017
OVA200:
Is runner up a title? Juventus lost 5 consecutive champions league final and 6 final lose in total but they won maybe 2 Barca won 5 and lost maybe 1 or 2 now tell me which is a better side?

By the way please read my lengthy epistle of both of them above.

u made some reasonable points in the epistle u wrote but I disagree with some too.

if u claimed that Olympic and FIFA u 20 are not considered as international trophies, is euro dat ronaldo won considered one?? don't forget that euro is like Africa cup of nation limited to Europe alone. FIFA u20 and Olympic is not limited to a particular continent o.
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by OVA200(m): 1:06am On Jun 05, 2017
lonikit:

Bro I think you need Google, a MAJOR international trophy is a trophy you win with the national team not under 17 or 20 or 23 because you can still play for another country after making under 17 or 20 appearance.

Olympic is also restricted to some age group that why it can't be consider MAJOR international trophy.

Euro is a major trophy because you win it with the national team not under 17 or 20 or 23.

Africa cup of nation is also a major international trophy.

You can do your finding bro, that's why Messi himself is desperate to win the copa America or world cup because they are major international trophies.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by obo389(m): 1:42am On Jun 05, 2017
You guys should forget all this talk of who is better or the best and all these shit.
Just simply put;
Messi- the definition of pure talent.
Ronaldo- the definition of hard work.
Finish!!! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by uselessIDIOT(m): 1:42am On Jun 05, 2017
divinehand2003:

your love for Ronaldo is not making you say the truth. I have been watching both Players(Messi and Ronaldo), I will keep saying that Messi is better. He plays better, he is a dribbler, a playmaker, he is a true leader, he is not selfish, not after personal glory like scoring goals, unlike Ronaldo that has turned into a Box 18 player. Ronaldo is a good and hardworking player, better than so many but not as good as Messi.

Ronaldo no longer dribbles, he is not a playmaker, he doesn't care about anybody, he is only interested in goals and personal glory. Though he is a very lucky player to have won so many awards with little or no effort. Against Juventus, He was not really in the game, it was Marcelo, Kroos, Modric and Casemiro that did more work.

I think Marcelo deserves an apology, He has been the backbone of Real Madrid team, yet no one has ever appreciated his effort.

No doubt, C.Ronaldo is a good player but Messi is better.
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by divinehand2003(m): 5:48am On Jun 05, 2017
uselessIDIOT:

your love for Ronaldo is not making you say the truth. I have been watching both Players(Messi and Ronaldo), I will keep saying that Messi is better. He plays better, he is a dribbler, a playmaker, he is a true leader, he is not selfish, not after personal glory like scoring goals, unlike Ronaldo that has turned into a Box 18 player. Ronaldo is a good and hardworking player, better than so many but not as good as Messi.

Ronaldo no longer dribbles, he is not a playmaker, he doesn't care about anybody, he is only interested in goals and personal glory. Though he is a very lucky player to have won so many awards with little or no effort. Against Juventus, He was not really in the game, it was Marcelo, Kroos, Modric and Casemiro that did more work.

I think Marcelo deserves an apology, He has been the backbone of Real Madrid team, yet no one has ever appreciated his effort.

No doubt, C.Ronaldo is a good player but Messi is better.

How can a man who has won the champions league back to back by leading the team on each occasion be a lucky player?
How can a man who netted the goal twice in a champions league final against a team acclaimed to have had the best defence, that even Messi could not outdo in 180minutes of full time, be a lucky player?
How can a man who scored several hat tricks en route to the finals in Cardiff be a lucky player?
Besides, how can a lucky player lead a team to not only winning the European cup in 2016, but also surprise the modern age by doing the impossible through winning a second consecutive champions league trophy after 2016?
You are not being fair to C Ronaldo.
I want to reiterate my earlier stand, if the talented Messi can perform these remarkable feats that I have just mentioned by winning a world cup, nations cup or champions league back to back, then will I acclaim him as the greatest footballer that has ever been born.
Until then, Ronaldo remains my lucky NUMBER 1.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by divinehand2003(m): 5:49am On Jun 05, 2017
obo389:
You guys should forget all this talk of who is better or the best and all these shit.
Just simply put;
Messi- the definition of pure talent.
Ronaldo- the definition of hard work.
Finish!!! wink

True talk.
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by gabinogem(m): 7:09am On Jun 05, 2017
Ronaldo dominated England & now Spain. U people should just stop this stupid comparison.
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by divinehand2003(m): 7:13am On Jun 05, 2017
OVA200:
Guy please let stop this argument because many of us don't know the yardstick for tipping someone as the best and we often miss being the best and being the greatest together, and most time we let our love for either of them to be cloud us, most people will be saying Messi can dribble, he is not selfish, he is a team player and another will be saying Ronaldo can score at anywhere, he got great positioning, he can score with all his body and that'sā€‹ not all what it takes to be the greatest but you can use those attributes to be the best.

MY OWN OPINION ON WHO IS THE BEST:
Messi is a better player between the two because he seems to understand football better he can influence and win match alone, he hardly disappoint on big occasions and doesn't rely on anybody to prove his own mark any day and if you are watching Messi play you will think football is so easy to play but Ronaldo can't influence game alone anymore but can win it, he can't dribble anymore but that's not his fault though due to age and height it is normal (can Ibrahimovic, crouch, carroll dribble with their age? NO) but if you are watching Ronaldo you won't be overwhelm but seeing his stat you will be like wow, so I think Messi is better (you might oppose though)

MY OPINION ON WHO IS THE GREATEST
Concerning the greatest between them as of today (we can't say what will happen tomorrow) I will go with Ronaldo because when considering the greatest they put your attributes aside and look at what you have achieved (valuable achievement) and concerning achievement Ronaldo achieved something that is very valuable like highest goal scorer in Europe all time, over 100 goals in Europe premier competition, 600 career goals, win everything in different countries etc these achievements are very interesting and appalling, am not saying Messi did not achieved tangible thing o but in term of tangible achievement he is a step behind Ronaldo.
If you don't agreed let just imagine Ronaldo winning his 5th balon d'or and 2018 world cup and Messi remain the same way he is, don't let deceive ourselves the debate of being the greatest will be gone, so people won't consider the way you gather your achievement anymore but what exactly is the achievement in particular, remember people are no more talking about how Maradona and Pele sum up their records but people are talking about the achievement as a whole, so for me Ronaldo is the greatest as of today ( you can also oppose it though)

Coming from a Chelsea fan and also Ronaldo fanboy but also Messi admirer.

I love your very engaging and highly intelligent analysis. You have said it all. In summary, I agree with your statement, '' Messi is the better player while C Ronaldo is the greatest player for now."
Re: Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) by Rapahel1116: 8:44am On Jun 05, 2017
Ronaldo dominated Spain with one laliga best player ..Nd messi has 7laliga best player?yea he dominated Spain?with only 2laliga titles in/9yrs
gabinogem:
Ronaldo dominated England & now Spain. U people should just stop this stupid comparison.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFCON Round Of 16 : Nigeria Vs Cameroon Sat. July 6 / FCB Vs Las Palmas-suarez Tears Own Shirt And Storms Off Pitch During Match / Chelsea Coach Carried A Pack Of Cigarette Throughout The Game Against Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.