Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi (3346 Views)

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi 2023 Youth Project's Relief Material (Photo) / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Arrives Lagos - VOA Journalist, Saleh Shehu Ahmed / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi by chynie: 10:05am On Jun 05, 2017
mikolo80:
Since we all insult ourselves why una carry am for head

man up and take ur lumps like the rest of us

as long as you say things like forget about the oyel you will continue spinning in circles

the oyel is the koko
I would have love to continue this debate buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttt
am busy chasing money u know how we igbos love business wink
But if u love Nigeria as u claim, I think u would have been be very happy to hear we are leaving
who wants to share what they love dearly

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi by LadyTochie(f): 10:16am On Jun 05, 2017
, cry

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi by abumeinben(m): 10:20am On Jun 05, 2017
peddy231:

This na 1999 article, Herdsmen and Bokoharam never get mouth for this period.

True bro, true. However, not all events were covered in the conventional media back in the days

Thank God for social media.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi by mikolo80: 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
chynie:

I would have love to continue this debate buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttt
am busy chasing money u know how we igbos love business wink
But if u love Nigeria as u claim, I think u would have been be very happy to hear we are leaving
who wants to share what they love dearly
i don't think u thought this statement out well. I love Nigeria. Wouldn't be Nigeria if you lot left now wud it?
Besides i get flenty flenty ibo girlfriend and homeboys

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi by mikolo80: 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
ztapi:

36, 46, 727 or whatever, so long the people would have the greater say
they do
they just don't exercise it
in the running of their immediate needs, it is welcomed and thats how it should be, not this "one man in abuja" show.
i take it u believe there's a difference in 1 man enugu show or awka show or onitsha show. You refuse to hold ur governors senators reps asseblymen,chairmen, ministers, civil servants accouinytable.is it nnamdi kanu or obior okorocha you will hold as igbo president?

We the ppl not the system is what is wrong
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi by gaetano: 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
mikolo80:
i don't think u thought this statement out well. I love Nigeria. Wouldn't be Nigeria if you lot left now wud it?
Besides i get flenty flenty ibo girlfriend and homeboys

Unity is not forced, it's an agreement
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
mikolo80:

they do
they just don't exercise it
i take it u believe there's a difference in 1 man enugu show or awka show or onitsha show. You refuse to hold ur governors senators reps asseblymen,chairmen, ministers, civil servants accouinytable.is it nnamdi kanu or obior okorocha you will hold as igbo president?

We the ppl not the system is what is wrong
the prob with the system as it is now is gov and those in abuja are too powerful and they control too much "budgets", the lgc who are closer to the people are nothing more than the govs house boys whom he can sack and appoint care taker committee at any time, he controls their finances cum activities remotely which should not be, in effect decision making is far from the masses hence they are easily discouraged when it comes to holding their officials accountable, besides from his excess budget the gov may decide to carry out some makeover meaningless projects like we have in most cases to "appease" the people...and the worse part, the finances come from crude oil mostly not from income tax so no one actually feels like he is been cheated by those in govt.
Remove crude oil and what you get?the various govt would be forced to look inwards and key into ways that actually grow the economy and stimulate job creation in order to get tax returns for projects, instead of sitting lazily waiting for monthly allocation they didnt work for, and the tax functions as the incentive to hold those to whom tax is given accountable, so everyone gets truly concerned.
the lgc being in direct contact with the people would bear the bulk of the burden of ensuring a business thriving environment by ensuring adequate security, available credit facilities at friendly interest rates, a healthy environment and adequate skilled man power tailored to the needs of the society/economy, the state gov could assist in coordinating the affairs of the lgc and maintaining standards, while the fg is pry involved in protecting the borders and international relations as well as assisting states where necessary. thats how i think things should work. btw im not from the se
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi by DanseMacabre(m): 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
I didn't read this post for three reasons:

1. Whatever SLS has to say is irrelevant because his hands aren't clean either.

2. Reading it won't change the status quo ante - a group of serial killers are holding the country by the jugular and she's already kicking in her death throes.

3. I'm out of fvcks to give.
Re: Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi by bowee4u: 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
While the north east and north west are the solution ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Osinbajo Should Meet Nnamdi Kanu, Agitators Not Political Elites – Peter / The True Version Of Umahi's Statement On Grazing Locations For Herdsmen / Why Was There No Jubilation When APC Won Ekiti State Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.