Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria (35194 Views)

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mayflowa:

hahaha. Omg! You can visit if you want to. Naija won't bite you. I see you are so curious. That is the spirit of a tourist.

Some day tongue I heard it's very hot though. A friend of mine visited with her man about 3 years ago & she said the humidity was too much, it was unbearable. Which time of the year isn't too hot?
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lekan1o1: 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

How long was your stay last time? And what do you miss the most about the place? Any stashed up exes you wanna rekindle something with? tongue grin

Hmm.. i smell somethin.
Well do let me know wen u ar comming.
Also gat stuffs to tell u. smiley

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by do4luv14(m): 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Hey do4luv14

Thanks for the advice. Maybe you're right, I haven't had any leads on jobberman yet.
Which online recruiters are based in VI?
Is PWC one of the online recruiters?

Many thanks

yes and you won't get from them unless you are a premium member,

am sorry have forgotten their addresses, it was posted in the job section of nairaland some times ago, just visit the section, you will sure get some grounds there

furthermore, don't mind those who says its easy to do biz in Nigeria, particularly Lagos,

allsame welcome to Nigeria cool
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Mayflowa(m): 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Hey Mayflowa,

I've lived in a Naija actually. Hahah. I know Naija no go bite me, at all

I know that dear. I was actually referring to ZarZar that kept prodding you. I guess you know she is your South African sister. By the way, you Don sabi the pidgin english, which is delightful.

Anyway, one way to get a job is through linkedin. There are lots of vacancies on the webpage. The good part is you can connect to the people concerned. Goodluck in your search.

4 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Futureberry: 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
Kudos to the mods and when,nice job@ front page

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 7:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
do4luv14:

yes and you won't get from them unless you are a premium member,

am sorry have forgotten their addresses, it was posted in the job section of nairaland some times ago, just visit the section, you will sure get some grounds there

furthermore, don't mind those who says its easy to do biz in Nigeria, particularly Lagos,

allsame welcome to Nigeria cool

Will sure do, do4luv14

I'll certainly post here once I get a solid offer.
Thank you
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by madjune(m): 7:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
Go to Mtn.

Na your people. They will employ you.

6 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 7:53pm On Jun 05, 2017
madjune:
Go to Mtn.

Na your people. They will employ you.

Haha Madjune.

I dey try oo, but no luck.
I get this feeling that SA'ns already in Nigeria don't want to help their country folk. So sad

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by do4luv14(m): 7:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
as always welcome on board, hope you are a sweet darling though grin

afrikanbabe:

Will sure do, do4luv14

I'll certainly post here once I get a solid offer.
Thank you

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by madjune(m): 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Haha Madjune.

I dey try oo, but no luck.
I get this feeling that SA'ns already in Nigeria don't want to help their country folk. So sad

You can't be serious.
Used to think S.A. people abroad fraternize amongst themselves healthily.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mayflowa:

My dear Mayflowa,

I dey try, small small

I overstand now. Didn't know ZarZar from South.
Thank you for the well wishes. God bless you sister.
Also doing a lot of inviting and personal messaging on LinkedIn. Something will soon give. In God we trust

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Mayflowa(m): 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

Some day tongue I heard it's very hot though. A friend of mine visited with her man about 3 years ago & she said the humidity was too much, it was unbearable. Which time of the year isn't too hot?

The raining season isn't that hot. That should be from April to September. You can as well enjoy the evening and night life which is cool. One thing is certain. Nigerians just love foreigners. Everyone would fight over pleasing and defending you.

In the day, the average to rich folks move around air-conditioned rooms, office and cars. That is what I do when I am in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
madjune:

You can't be serious.
Used to think S.A. people abroad fraternize amongst themselves healthily.

Madjune,

I don't know actually. I guess it all depends on who you know

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mayflowa:

The raining season isn't that hot. That should be from April to September. You can as well enjoy the evening and night life which is cool. One thing is certain. Nigerians just love foreigners. Everyone would fight over pleasing and defending you.

In the day, the average to rich folks move around air-conditioned rooms, office and cars. That is what I do when I am in Nigeria

Interesting. Thanks smiley

4 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mayflowa:

I know that dear. I was actually referring to ZarZar that kept prodding you. I guess you know she is your South African sister. By the way, you Don sabi the pidgin english, which is delightful.

Anyway, one way to get a job is through linkedin. There are lots of vacancies on the webpage. The good part is you can connect to the people concerned. Goodluck in your search.

My dear Mayflowa,

I dey try, small small

Also doing a lot of inviting and personal messaging on LinkedIn. Something will soon give. In God we trust

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by lexy2014: 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Hey there lexy2014,

I have to agree with you. The average SA'n does not want to get outside their country, let alone travel up on the continent. If anything, it's maybe our close neighboring countries then maybe the US or Europe (for those with the cash moolah). But there's a special few who are really interested in visiting countries such as Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Benin Republic, São Tomé... I could go on.
but in your case u ain't visiting u are relocating. Y??
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

My dear Mayflowa,

I dey try, small small

Where are you from in SA, you brave soul you? tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
lexy2014:
but in your case u ain't visiting u are relocating. Y??

Please go through the thread dear. I touched on this
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by NinaMiliano: 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am a South African woman very interested in relocating to Lagos, Nigeria. I've lived in the country before so I'm quite familiar with the people, food and culture. I love the energy in Nigeria despite the hardships.
I would like to find out how South Africans living in Nigeria get their jobs, via international recruiters or friends or how? Also, how easy is it to organize the right papers? I am not looking to marry for green card oo... unless genuine love is concerned.

So any advice or leads, I'd really appreciate. Thank you folks

GLAD U LOVE NIGERIA.
HAVING A JOB AS A FOREIGNER IS EASY.
I'LL SUGGEST U TRY UP SOME N.G.O.s
ICRC, MSN, ADAM SMITH, FHI 360, PFD, NEI, TSHIP, UNICEF..

OR ALTERNATIVELY U CUD MAKE DO WITH MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE...

JUST WALK INTO ANY OF THESE NIGERIAN BASED SOUTH AFRICAN FIRMS, PRESENT UR CASE, AM SO VERY SURE U WILL BE INSTANTLY CONNECTED.

NIGERIANS ARE WARM AND WELCOMING AND WE ALL LOVE FOREIGNERS SO U WILL BE HIGHLY CONSIDERED..

U CAN START BY MAKING A SIMPLE CONTACT BEFORE HAND .

GETTING YOUR IMMIGRATION PAPERS IS QUITE EASY AND DIRECT..... BUT JUST DONT FALL INTO WRONG HANDS ELSE U WILL REGRET TAKING THIS DECISION.

ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK ALL UR CONTACTS. AND THREAD WITH CAUTION.

BUT IF ITS A JOB, AM SO SURE U WILL EASILY FIND ONE.

LAGOS IS A SWEET-BUSY TOWN AND DIA ARE JOBS ON THE GO.

I WUDNT NO UR PROFESSION, QUALIFICATION, SKILL AND EXPERTISE ELSE I WUD HAVE GIVEN U SPECIFIC INFORMATION.

MEANWHILE, IF U WANNA BE IN THE CAPITAL CITY OF ABUJA I CAN REFER YOU TO AN AGENCY THAT CAN PUT U TRUE, I DONT NO MUCH OF LAGOS.

ABOVE ALL, PRAY TO GOD FOR DIRECTION, SINCE U HAVE DESIRED IT, IT WILL SURELY COME TO PASS SO EASILY.
................GRACIAS

3 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2017
NinaMiliano:

GLAD U LOVE NIGERIA.
HAVING A JOB AS A FOREIGNER IS EASY.
I'LL SUGGEST U TRY UP SOME N.G.O.s
ICRC, MSN, ADAM SMITH, FHI 360, PFD, NEI, TSHIP, UNICEF..

OR ALTERNATIVELY U CUD MAKE DO WITH MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE...

JUST WALK INTO ANY OF THESE NIGERIAN BASED SOUTH AFRICAN FIRMS, PRESENT UR CASE, AM SO VERY SURE U WILL BE INSTANTLY CONNECTED.

NIGERIANS ARE WARM AND WELCOMING AND WE ALL LOVE FOREIGNERS SO U WILL BE HIGHLY CONSIDERED..

U CAN START BY MAKING A SIMPLE CONTACT BEFORE HAND .

GETTING YOUR IMMIGRATION PAPERS IS QUITE EASY AND DIRECT..... BUT JUST DONT FALL INTO WRONG HANDS ELSE U WILL REGRET TAKING THIS DECISION.

ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK ALL UR CONTACTS. AND THREAD WITH CAUTION.

BUT IF ITS A JOB, AM SO SURE U WILL EASILY FIND ONE.

LAGOS IS A SWEET-BUSY TOWN AND DIA ARE JOBS ON THE GO.

I WUDNT NO UR PROFESSION, QUALIFICATION, SKILL AND EXPERTISE ELSE I WUD HAVE GIVEN U SPECIFIC INFORMATION.

MEANWHILE, IF U WANNA BE IN THE CAPITAL CITY OF ABUJA I CAN REFER YOU TO AN AGENCY THAT CAN PUT U TRUE, I DONT NO MUCH OF LAGOS.

ABOVE ALL, PRAY TO GOD FOR DIRECTION, SINCE U HAVE DESIRED IT, IT WILL SURELY COME TO PASS SO EASILY.
................GRACIAS

Hello dear,

Thanks so much for this. I will surely look up. I prefer to be based in Lagos rather. Also, my field is in media and communications.

Bless you

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by morpheus24: 8:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
@ africanbabe

You can live and work in Nigeria if that is where your heart is. I have met a couple of South Africans who feel the same way you do and after lengthy discussions with them kinda understand the reasons for it.

I would presume that you like the hustle and bustle of the city life in Lagos and have fallen in love with the culture of Nigeria.

Some others like you I have come across have also intimated to me that there is a sense of freedom they feel being in an "all black country" and a sense of "racial pride" and communism they feel when they are in Nigeria albeit of course other issues like electricity problems, infrastructure and somewhat casual arrogance of the average Nigerian. Something they say is absent in South Africa at least in their personal experiences.

I say go for it, you have absolutely nothing to loose. I know a South African lady who works in Abuja now as an interior decorator and in the past five years I have known her, she has only been back to South Africa twice on short visits.

3 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by NinaMiliano: 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Hello dear,

Thanks so much for this. I will surely look up. I prefer to be based in Lagos rather. Also, my field is in media and communications.

Bless you

CONTACT LINDA IKEJI MEDIA GROUP.

SHE CAN HOOK U UP.

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Amberon11: 8:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe

Pls take the advice of this person i quoted. Much tax isnt paid in Nigeria. I would advice you to start up a buisness if you have the capital.
Ademat7:

Why not create job if there is none for u in Nigeria yet?
Business registration is easy too
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by sleeveless: 8:39pm On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

I guess u wud b surprise that Nigerian' s hasn't been hostile to her. yes that is how we row, very accommodating even wen we tend to act mean. all na wash. don't judge Nigerian' s with wat u see on social media

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Passengers From Owerri To Onitsha Involved In Accident, 5 Dead (Graphic Photos) / Lagos Traffic- Life Inside The World's Worst Traffic Jam / Toyota Sienna Crashes Into A Bush In Delta, Many Injured (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.