Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast (36914 Views)

Team Muslim Players Vs Team Christian Players: Who Will Win? / NFF Denies Owing Rohr And Denneby Three Months Salary / Picture Of Super Eagles Coach, Rohr And Beautiful Lady Has Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by EdificationBoss: 10:29am On Jun 05, 2017
The muslim players in the senior national team of Nigeria are currently at loggerheads with coach Gernot Rohr over their plans to observe Ramadan Fast on the day of the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers against South Africa.

Rohr allowed Ahmed Musa and Shehu Abdullahi to observe the mandatory ramadan fast in the friendly game against Togo, and even though the players broke their fast during the half time break as it was time to, the coach still hauled them off after the break.

Ahead of the game against South Africa, the coach has reached out to the duo and want them not to observe the fast on matchday against South Africa, as they are very pivotal to his plans.

The players are yet to give in to his demand, with Musa particularly not keen on skipping the fast which forbids them from eating from dusk till dawn citing his being used to the practice right from his days in Nigeria.

Same goes for Abdullahi, but Alhassan Ibrahim the other muslim in the squad need not worry much because the chances of him getting his competitive debut in the game is very slim judging by the options available to the coach in his role.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/06/rohr-and-eagles-muslim-players-disagree.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by IgboticGirl(f): 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
I have noting to say tongue tongue tongue

BUT y do Muslims eat as early as 5am in the morning and still say they are fasting

is just a question pls don't be offended

We are one

214 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by IhateAfonjas(m): 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2017

Business first

We have Muslim players in Real Madrid who played the champions league finals even though they were in Ramadan

Religion is the biggest scam in the history of mankind

You want to disobey your boss to obey your God ??

They don't deserve to play for Nigeria again

Paul Pogba will never act like that even though he's a Muslim

Mesut ozil who is a Muslim will never act like that

If you can't do what your coach tells you, you can employ yourself and do as you like

Buhari will not disobey his doctors if they tell him to eat every minute of the day during Ramadan

156 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Papiikush: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
lol, you say you are fasting but you eat first thing in the morning and once it's 7pm you rush to the kitchen. Na only lunch you no chop but you go still complain say fasting tough grin

Abeg who is fooling who? grin

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Moreoffaith(m): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
henhen
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
sselhceeps ma i
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
Amazing disagreement
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by neutrotoba(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
Drop them both.... Musa ain't that good

11 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by slawomir: 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
common!!!
the match is important than fasting na
they can fast a hundred times in their life time
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by okonja(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
nICE ONE
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by calibet(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
Well they ready need to support the coach
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Teewhy2: 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
The media officer of the team Toyin ibitoye clarify this on etisalat mega sport this morning and said it is just media speculations and that the players fasting and the coach had strike a balance on their training schedule and that nobody is denying the players their right of fasting as it is their religious obligation.
The super eagles will resume camping today in uyo for the match against south Africa.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Afam4eva(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
I think the Muslim players that want to observe the fast should be excused from the national team till after Ramadan.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by DropShot: 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
Why must the coach compel them not to fast?

Afam4eva:
I think the muslim players that want to observe the fast should be excused till after Ramadan.
I'm sure they won't mind. Why he has to force them not to fast is what should baffle sane mind.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by herkeym001(m): 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
Ayam looking forward to the comment of the commenter that will be below me.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Emmaus12: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
How does this Headline correlate with the storyline. He has requested if they can and they have not decided to agree. How does it become a disgreement. Fockin bloggers

11 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by olaezebala: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
bench dem
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by YelloweWest: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
Are they the only ones that can play??

Na wa o
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by shumuel(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
Trouble in the camp ? I no trust SA, dem fit jazz us make dem fit win grin
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Mustoph1(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
Open dem mouth put food now. Yeye man

3 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by heykims(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
Their faith should be respected

12 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Ahmadgani(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
I dont think fasting will affect their performances

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Adeoba10(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Business first

We have Muslim players in Real Madrid who played the champions league finals even though they were in Ramadan
What time was the match?

22 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Sultanchidi(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
Then use other players and let them observe their fast, they are not the only players available
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by maxwelltennyson(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
make i fry beans i come

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by maxwelltennyson(m): 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
make i fry beans i de come

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
Abeg put non mallams joor
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by jegz25(m): 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
he has no right to asked dem not to perform their religious rights

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Frank Lampard Pays Tribute To Drogba As He Retires, Calls Him "Monster" / Chelsea Star Eden Hazard Twerks In Wild Europa League Win Celebrations (Photos) / 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup Award: Full List Of Award Winners Spain Lift Trophy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.