Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? (16760 Views)

Help. My Nigerian Boyfriend's Mother Hates Me Because I'm Not Nigerian? / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / Man Whose Wife Ran Away After 2 Weeks Wants Repayment (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Nofuckgiven: 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
Categories of men I dread to marry:
a. Mummy's pet
b. Last son(also mummy's pet most of the time)
c. First son(too much responsibility)
d. Only son(with many sisters makes it worse) undecided
In summary,I can't marry a man whose mother doesn't accept me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by lepasharon(f): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
Nofuckgiven:
a. Mummy's pet
In summary,I can't marry a man whose MIL doesn't accept me.

Lol true sha, but what's wrong with only son? I feel he also goes under the mummy's pet category
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by fippycbk(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
kamkechi:
gerarahia no be insult?

In that context, Nah
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Nofuckgiven: 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
lepasharon:

Lol true sha, but what's wrong with only son? I feel he also goes under the mummy's pet category
Yea,most of the time grin
Everybody go face you as only daughter in law na wink
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by stuffs4me(m): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
nkemdi89:

Mumu what do you know about life?

Olodo wey no get single sense.

Who on this earth believes what happens in the movies.
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by gwama: 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
All stepmothers hate their stepdaughters grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by sisisioge: 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
I won't dare...not with open hostility like that. However, I will be happy to marry one whose mother pretends to like me. It's not like there's love lost between MILs and DILs before cool

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by MmmS(f): 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
OchoL:
No matter how good or bad your MIL is, be assured that she won't live forever. Focus on your own home.
auntie are you from Edo?
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by skressed1: 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
No. I'm personally going through a situation, where the mother of mine has even gone to the extent of evil just to get rid of me. Unless the man can draw the line between you and his mother, there is no point. You'll just be signing up for a lifetime of misery and a troubled marriage. No one should have to deal with that.
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by skressed1: 9:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
No lol. When you marry someone, you are marrying into their family also, so they will be around regardless.
begwong:
Why not?
You are marrying the man and not his mum!
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2018
Only desperate for marriage will tie that knot
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by azelab: 11:55am On Jan 06, 2018
even if i love the lady very much, i wl never ane ever marry her if my mother dislike her.
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by ImaIma1(f): 3:36am On Jan 07, 2018
She will learn to keep her hatred to herself because i won't send her. I didn't beg her son to love me. If we are genuinely in love and she cannot be happy for her son and show support,it is her loss. She doesn't own him.

Those kind of mothers inlaw will hate every girl their sons bring. The guy has to get a hold of his life and not allow mummy control it.
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by ImaIma1(f): 3:55am On Jan 07, 2018
Nofuckgiven:
a. Mummy's pet
In summary,I can't marry a man whose mother doesn't accept me.

It really applies. However, it depends on individuals and the family.
A relative of mine married a first born/son that has four younger sisters. Her life was easy because they are awesome and always helping her. Infact she became like their second mum. Even with the way the husband carries her, no one can treat her anyhow.
Now one of these sisters married a first son too with 3 sisters. The sisters are not nice at all...to the point that they show open dislike. The husband is beginning to align with his sisters.
Men have a lot to do in creating a balance and being able to protect his wife and putting her in a place where she is untouchable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / Should Wife Give Her Inheritance To Her Husband? / How Long Does Your Cooking Gas Last.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.