Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? (494 Views)

Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? by plappville(f): 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
Concrete answer with proof.

Thank you.
Re: Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? by impossible27(m): 11:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
you can as well ask if daddy and mummy in Christ is in the bible.

Hippocrates everywhere.

seun pls close this trend, the op just want to accomplish a mission, but no one will answer the mofoo
Re: Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? by lepasharon(f): 12:58am On Jun 06, 2017
aunty, tell us now. You are a catholic tongue
Re: Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? by Xsem(m): 3:44am On Jun 06, 2017
Yes. It started from Peter.And from the story of transfiguration,Jesus made a solemn vow to Peter by telling him that he cephas,upon this rock he would build his church and the gate of hell shall not prevail it, he went further to tell him that whatsoever he binds on earth that it has been bound in heaven and whatsoever he unbinds on earth would be unbound in heaven. Jesus Christ gave him power to lead his sheep, when He asked him whether he loved him *3,prior to His ascension.That is why we have the Saint Peters basilica.
Re: Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? by plappville(f): 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
impossible27:
you can as well ask if daddy and mummy in Christ is in the bible.

Hippocrates everywhere.

seun pls close this trend, the op just want to accomplish a mission, but no one will answer the mofoo

I am not here to accomplish the mission you are insinuating in your head. It seems my question is too crucial for you.

I am not one of those daddy and mummy Christians. I even rebuke them for doing so.

This thread will continue. Walk away if you have no answer to give. Thanks.
Re: Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? by plappville(f): 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
lepasharon:
aunty, tell us now. You are a catholic tongue

I am a Christ Follower. Chistian as it was named in the bible.
Re: Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? by plappville(f): 1:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
Xsem:
Yes. It started from Peter.And from the story of transfiguration,Jesus made a solemn vow to Peter by telling him that he cephas,upon this rock he would build his church and the gate of hell shall not prevail it, he went further to tell him that whatsoever he binds on earth that it has been bound in heaven and whatsoever he unbinds on earth would be unbound in heaven. Jesus Christ gave him power to lead his sheep, when He asked him whether he loved him *3,prior to His ascension.That is why we have the Saint Peters basilica.

Show me where in the bible where Peter Build a church in Rome. We learn everyday. smiley

I will not debate you on Jesus giving His church to Peter. I know thats a Catholic teaching.
I respect. smiley
Re: Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? by Onemilo(m): 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
plappville:

I am a Christ Follower. Chistian as it was named in the bible.

Yes, after Jesus had left.

And who named it Christianity in the bible?
Re: Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? by plappville(f): 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
Onemilo:

Yes, after Jesus had left.

And who named it Christianity in the bible?

Are you a child to ask such Question?
Re: Is The Pope Biblically Mentioned ? by kkins25(m): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
I for one think the pope is the anti christ. Historical records plus the idolatry practiced.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Suleiman Settle A Marriage Dispute In Public / RCCG: Beware Of The Hands That Touch Your Head / Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.