Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,862 members, 7,798,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? (52283 Views)

My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor / When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) / "If My Boyfriend Is Broke, I Will Cheat On Him" - Nigerian Lady Explains Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
dame134:

I could be that broke guy you dated ooooo
if you are ,then I have nothing to say to you
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
mykel25:

So far no ring on that finger yet.... My dear he has not decided deeply within himself to marry you

Yes ure right... I guess d lady has so much years b4 marriage... She ll c things and her taste ll surely change.... It a normal thing.... Citing experience.... At Diz point of my life I don't even ask a girl I know she's not desperate for a serious relationship out.... Only at that point that she knows what she want... And if she say yes that's means she wants u... Ure okay to be a husband.... I don't date school gehs either cuz I know when she's ready.... She myt want higher taste.... So OP friend shd look keenly into d matter and go for what makes her happy.... Buh one thing is certain both guys can't marry her..... Enjoy your emotional excapades yl it last buh don't become a hoe for every Divk that's d most important thing
for what is worth, you could be that my ex grin
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by tolasosanya(m): 1:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
Dear,

Collect the phone, if your "steady" boy friend asks, you can tell him something else. He is still a boyfriend who might never end up as your husband so what's the worry about. Be SMART.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by dominique(f): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
BlaQWolf:
Dominique Dear , would love to hear your opinion on the subject matter

I've already posted, page (1) smiley
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
awonwerey:
Anybody who boils hot water should be ready to do EBA angry

Once she don collect the gadget, she should be ready to drop pant or get married to the dude undecided

Over and out

na only eba u de use hot water for?
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by lawkenoz(m): 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
2dugged:
you see,this is why I will not blame her if she accepts the phone, I had a nasty experience, so it will be better she knows where she stands with her bf before turning the toaster down,else it might turn out her bf was not even worth it in the first place, this I can boldly say from experience. Infact she might end up turning good men down and waste a good time of her prime and that her bf ends up messing her up,such school relationships have the tendency to end at "main gate" like uniben students will say

your comments are on point, but there's one aspect you guys seem to be forgetting........ they are both students and financially dependent on their parents. it has got nothing to do with being broke. they are dating as students and most likely won't end up getting married, so its a case of two kids dating and seeing where it leads.

if she has upright parents im sure she cant take a phone home without them asking her where she got it from.
my parents knew everything I had while I was growing up and dependent on them.....there where limits to what I could get with my pocket money. a nokia phone no problem, but come back home with an expensive phone you had a.lot of explaining to do.

your advice is more suited for after graduating and she becomes ready for marriage, she can avoid broke guys.

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by LeanonGOD(m): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
SMH. You and your friend must watch these movies title Indecent PROPOSAL, & Fatal ATTRACTION.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by ANNABERRY2017(f): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
She should collect it and give it to her broke boyfriend shikena.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Psoul(m): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
OP, I kw you already kw the right thing to tell your friend concerning this, though depending on your own moral standard.

But to help you more incase you don't kw the right thing to do. Do it this way. Let us switch positions. Assume that you are the guy nd your boyfriend is ur babe. How will u feel if he(she now) accepts the gift and come to tell you where it comes from.

Still confused? Let's take another one. Assuming ur boyfriend that u loves so much and who also loves you and u want to settle down with him. He is poor and you and ur family is not all that rich. He comes to u one day and tell u that there is this girl from a very rich family who has bn toasting him and that she want to help him secure a very nice apartment where she want him to pack into. Babe how will u feel?

See, my dear, if u girls think that making money is all that easy, why not go out there and make money, buy urslf all u need and leave broke men alone. You cant afford it, ur papa and mama join together cannot afford it and if your boyfriend cant afford it, u call him broke. What are u and ur parents...broken or break...abi

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by donhils: 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
He got the phone cos he noticed you are not on WhatsApp. So he gets the phone and now have every opportunity to chat sense out of you. Then the old boyfriend calls some times and u refuse to pick up, when he asks why u didn't pick your calls you'll remind him that he didn't buy phone for you. And similar things go on and on and on...

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by mykel25(m): 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
2dugged:
for what is worth, you could be that my ex grin

Rushed to check profile..... Ex bawo? Che I ve similarities with ur ex ni
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Lules(f): 2:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:
There is this friend of mine, she's still a student, she has a steady boyfriend whom she loves but is broke, but there has been this persistent toaster on her case who is financially buoyant. My friend has not had a laptop and phone for quite a while cos hers was stolen a while ago, and these things are necessary to read with in her school. Her parents said they weren't getting any gadgets for her again cos the last laptop they bought was also stolen when raiders came to the reading rooms in her school. Her parents are also against her doing business in school as they think it would disrupt her studies?p.
She told this her steady boyfriend that she needs a phone and not an expensive one, i think she asked for a techno about five months ago, but her boyfriend kept telling her he would get with no show, he didn't give her a gift on valentine even though she got him one cos he forgot and didn't have money.
A month ago, her boyfriend moved to a new apartment. She feels he should be settled first before she reminds him about the phone.

Yesterday, she called me and told me that the persistent toaster just got her a phone. She doesn't know what type but he said he noticed she didnt have a phone and she wasnt on whatsapp. He said it was a gift for her with no strings attached.
Our question is this, should she collect the phone, even though she doesnt really like the guy? If she does and her boyfriend sees it should she say she got it from another guy? Wont it lead to issues in their relationship?
Would really appreciate your wise and helpful comments? No insults please?
don't accept the gift. it clearly has strings attached
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Izen: 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

The lady is broke and so is the dude, I could find many priorities in these guys lives that would be more important than a damn mobile phone ... Like getting a roof over your head, getting a JOB, getting 3 square meals a day, getting your life on track etc
Dating a guy and expecting to become a priority in his life that A) isn't yet in order and B) a life where you are still a guest (aka not even his wife) is the joke of the day.
We already know the deal, as soon as she would get the phone, then she will now start begging for a computer, and the begging will never stop. The only way to solve the issue is to help this lady get a JOB so she can buy herself what she desires, and finally stop begging.

sadly the issue is not really about money, it's the state of mind and lack of respect from a "supposedly" loving gf, the insult, the cheap nature and, most importantly the deluded dude who treat this babe like merchandise (by trying to buy her), not understanding that what you get with honey, you will equally lose with honey.... Aka the same way some richer dude will entice this cheap babe with bigger/better gifts (unless you are Dangote).

Sadly, I know your type of mentality, the type of dude who has absolutely nothing to offer a woman (in terms of character) thus need to entice them with the only thing that they are interested in.... Money. Poor is a man that only has money to offer.

Of course it can never end well, as the rich dude will simply throw cash in her face and she will do whatever he desires... You want the phone, come to my house, the phone is kept in the bedroom etc, then same shiit with a computer, and whatever else can impress her silly self.... Then when that dude has enough, he sets his mind on another prostitute babe and drop that foolish one like a bad rash. That's when she will run back to 1st dude and blame the demon for her actions.

Sadly, in a country where most are struggling financially, many prefer selling themselves to the highest bidding donkey than living up to their means.

BTW if a man buys a woman, then she should also Make sure she STFU (like the property that she is) or else she will become a punching bag.

Dude, you just repeated what I said. That's your mindset and it's fine. Joke of the century or not, it is not fair to the other person to date them if they're not priority in your life. Let them be on their own. It is deceitful. And I am not talking about a phone, I'm talking about the lady in the context of your comment. Anybody who feels he isn't ready to date should stay on his own.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by cheezy4real(m): 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
amokeme:
The "story" is even somehow. But let me go by it.
1. How will your parents(or her own, whichever one) be comfortable that their daughter is in school and doesn't have a phone and refuse to do nothing about it? How do they communicate then? And the laptop(not everyone in the university have a laptop, and they don't fail because of that)

2. I don't know about you(or her) I can't put my man in a situation where he will be ridiculed either silently or directly by other guys or toasters at that. Just because my parents can not get me a phone., your boyfriend is not mandated to buy you a phone because that's not his responsibility. But if he gets it for you, fine, but let it be out of the goodness of his heart and not because you feel you are entitled to it because you are dating him.

3. I think she is already getting carried away by the gifts the toaster is going to shower her with if she eventually starts dating him. Because now she is talking about her boyfriend not giving her valentine gift. Valentine that was since February o, she will has that in mind.

I don't want to say she has longer throat. But collecting something from a toaster she claims not to "really" like(that means she likes him small) that you can't afford or your parents can't get for you for reasons best know to them(because they should provide everything you need since they don't want you doing any business while in school) is clearly disrespecting yourself and your relationship and is not worth it if you truly love your boyfriend as you say. Because she is already asking for advise to lie or not.. and unfortunately, there will be trouble either way.

She knows the right thing to do, so she should try to overcome the longer throat and save herself from wahala and guilt

In addition, she called her friend to narrate all this bull shit, with which PHONE? Hoes are not loyal...
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Debeloved87(m): 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
Woww, seriously. You want your broke lover who is still studying and not yet working to get you something your parent can't get you, unhmmh. Just know that If you collect that stuff, you are sure gonna offer something in return, either your love, heart, body etc "give and it shall be given unto you" "collect and it shall be collected from you" bye.

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by crunchyg: 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
repogirl:
I can not see anything in you.
That's because there is nothing you can see with your eyes of materialism
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
Izen:

Dude, you just repeated what I said. That's your mindset and it's fine. Joke of the century or not, it is not fair to the other person to date them if they're not priority in your life. Let them be on their own. It is deceitful. And I am not talking about a phone, I'm talking about the lady in the context of your comment. Anybody who feels he isn't ready to date should stay on his own.

Nah, that is NOT what I am saying.... What I am trying to say is that there are better priorities in their lives, and a loving caring partner should "understand" that, instead of solely focussing on her life selfishly. This is the time when a man needs his woman the most (aka when he is down), and women who run at the 1st sign of struggle, DONT deserve this same man if/when he finally makes it.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
vicfuntop:
Honestly, I would reject the phone. My boss in my ppa offered me a ride home one day. I refused but he insisted so I entered. Through out the ride he kept saying girls like me dnt date guys like him. I didn't say anything, just wanted the ride to end. When he got to my gate and I was coming down from the car, he asked for a hug. I asked why and he was like I dropped you na. I brought out a thousand note and handed it over to him and got down from the car. Well he made service life hell for me, but I was happy I didn't give in to him. I mean do I look like I can't afford it. I dnt know why girls turn their boyfriends to their second father. I dnt even need to tell my boyfriend, I'll just reject the phone. Well I hate the feeling of owing. It makes me restless so I'll rather avoid the situation.
Bravo, very well said. How about your husband though? What if you expect certain financial obligations from him and he can't meet up, what would you do? Will you be ashamed of him?
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Burgerlomo: 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
StPete:
You obviously know that you're going to collect the phone. You're just looking for every means to justify it. I can already picture the guy fucking ur brains out...good luck

I called these type of people a pretender.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by bidexmat(m): 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
Your sense tight gan! I like blunt lads grin
awonwerey:

Once she don collect the gadget, she should be ready to drop pant or get married to the dude undecided

Over and out
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
mykel25:

Rushed to check profile..... Ex bawo? Che I ve similarities with ur ex ni
if he was a twin ,I would say you are his twin,anyway, I just hope the op puts herself first, there is no guarantee or indication that her bf is ready to walk down the aisle with her,so turning down other guys at her age, where she is in her prime may bite her in the ass,its just a risk, for some it turns out well,but for most ladies,it doesn't
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
lawkenoz:

your comments are on point, but there's one aspect you guys seem to be forgetting........ they are both students and financially dependent on their parents. it has got nothing to do with being broke. they are dating as students and most likely won't end up getting married, so its a case of two kids dating and seeing where it leads.

if she has upright parents im sure she cant take a phone home without them asking her where she got it from.
my parents knew everything I had while I was growing up and dependent on them.....there where limits to what I could get with my pocket money. a nokia phone no problem, but come back home with an expensive phone you had a.lot of explaining to do.

your advice is more suited for after graduating and she becomes ready for marriage, she can avoid broke guys.
actually, its suitable for both, most youths especially dependent guys use relationship as an excuse for steady sex, the blunt truth is student or not ,a guy doesn't need a decade to consult his ancestors if he should marry a lady or not ,so I don't quite agree with the " let's see how it goes " slogan, its just a technique to waste time. Trust me, her bf already knows if he will marry her or not, that's the fact.The worse part is he cound just be making do with her until he is financially stable to go for his specs

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by skedy1(m): 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
firstking01:
Well, let her inform her bf about the phone first before collecting it...

If the bf insist that she shouldn't collect it then he should be ready to get her a new phone asap, but even at this i 've not seen anywhere it is written that a guy "must" replace his gf's phone when she misplaced it.

After all the both of them are students and are still solely dependent on their parents financially.
See me see wahala o!!!
They seem not to know the difference between a boyfriend and a father!

These our girls....SMH!
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by annyronnie(m): 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
I like asking people 4 what I can afford for myself she claims she loves the guy then every other suitor should not be given attention
Truth of d matter is she's making a move already its better she tells d guy rather than beating about the bush I'm just sick n tired of being in love cos d will use ur impediment as an excuse gals of nowadays wants everything to happen now d old ones rushed 4 iphone4 did things dat took their life not knowing iphone7 is coming you're a student he's a student judge him based on he has it n he does not want to gv u than u going out simply because he did not get u what u can't get 4 urself

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Ikville(m): 3:59pm On Jun 06, 2017
Confam YES! She can collect stuff from a toaster who knows dat d easiest way to open her legs is to entice her wit Trojan gifts. Then d toaster can fvck her even more senseless. Then d broke ass boyfriend can eitha stay for a while to enjoy d bounty before he goes to his real woman. Or he can dump d dumb biatch rite away. Then after a couple of week, she will gets busted by d toaster's real girlfriend, then she realizes dat she was just a weekend pvssy.

No suitor will be looking to park his truck in anotha man's garrage
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Wolfbrother(m): 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
awonwerey:

Over and out

This reply needs to be framed cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Izen: 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Nah, that is NOT what I am saying.... What I am trying to say is that there are better priorities in their lives, and a loving caring partner should "understand" that, instead of solely focussing on her life selfishly. This is the time when a man needs his woman the most (aka when he is down), and women who run at the 1st sign of struggle, DONT deserve this same man if/when he finally makes it.

Y'all act like women don't have their struggles too or something they're running after. Would you feel the same way if the situation was reversed? That's how one bobo was telling me not to be too ambitious because he felt I didn't have enough time for him. So Mr, while your comment is idealistic, would the same excuse be tenable if a woman gave it for not placing priority on you in her life. Because I've noticed it's the same men who comment like this that who insult ladies who say they cannot be cooking and cleaning and doing all shorts for their boyfriends. Same men who say they're not women's fathers are the same ones who want girlfriends who would care for them like their mothers. I'm not pro ask men for money, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy here.

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
j

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by TheEminentLaity: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
Honey is that you? shocked Got to follow that booty kiss
Raine80:
She loves her boyfriend but she loves nice things more. It's clear to see who is going to be the focus of her attention and it's not her soon to be ex-boyfriend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When You Have Different Men Giving You Money / She Just Wanted My Body! God Why? What Do I Do? / Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.