Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,034 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:49 AM

5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour (40822 Views)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / 7 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Ladies Lose Shape After Marriage / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Ruggedfitness: 8:10am On Jun 06, 2017
Hello guys, it is your favorite health blogger

A lady once told me that one of her criteria for choosing a man is that he must smell really good.

"why such a requirement" I asked

"Because most Nigerian guys stink and I love a good smell" she blurted

Now, this is not what just one lady thinks but what almost everyone knows, that a lot of guys out there really stink of body odour.

My nose has witnessed it first hand and that is one of the reasons I am writing this article.

Sometimes it is not just their fault, as it takes a lot of work to smell good and even look good.

If you have not yet a part of 10,000 amazing members of my community, join here today.

5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour

1. They don't bathe well

Most Nigerian guys bathe like Fast and Furious. Sponge here and there and then pour the water on their body and that's it. They believe its only women that are meant to bathe for long and maybe bathe well too. A little scrub here and there will do. But this is just wrong.

Bathing is meant to remove dirt and odours, also reduce the amount of skin bacteria which leads to these odours, so if you think there is no need to scrub really hard and scrub very well then there is no reason for you to wonder why you smell so bad.

2. They don't bathe on weekends

Ladies!!, show me a Nigerian guy that bathes normally on weekends and I will treat you to dinner by the end of the day.

Especially for students and those who don't get to work on Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays). They might as well skip the morning bathe, skip the afternoon if still less busy and take a bathe around 4 to hang out with friends.

Even your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor was once among these guys.

Nigerian guys believe that since they do not have much doing on the weekend, then there is no reason to sponge up.

3. Too lazy to groom

Most Nigerian guys are too lazy to clean up themselves, their houses, kitchen, backyard, toilets, armpit hairs etc just reeks of their personality. They don't really give themselves that much time expect they are inviting a girl over, or trying to get a girl.

That's when you see them brushing like soldiers to kill mouth odour, bathing and scrubbing, cleaning their apartment as if the Health Inspector is coming over.

4. They don't admit it, but cover it up

Most Nigerian guys don't want to admit to themselves that they do have body odour. They take a sniff at their armpits and ugh!!! it reeks, but instead of doing the right thing to get a good scrubbing, they head straight into the market to get the best body spray to cover it up.

Even someone offers a body spray as a birthday gift, they start claiming that he/she is giving the impression that he has body odour (which he knows he has)

You would notice in some individuals that when the smell of the body spray begins to die down, they start smelling weird.

5. It is normal

I heard someone say this quite recently, that body odour is normal and you can never stop sweat. Well, I know that I smell good even when I sweat so I don't understand where this kind of lazy mindset is coming from.

Body odour is a sign that you are not cleaning up properly, if you are saying that body odour is normal and men don't have to work themselves to smell good, that is saying that Vaginal odour is normal and women should worry about it.

There may be many more reasons why Nigerian guys have body odour, but from my experience, this is why most of them have it. Today also, the 4 secrets to killing body odour without deodorant post is coming up. Don't worry you wouldn't have to spend a dime to smell good.

Remember you deserve to look good, let no one tell you different.

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

Source: http://newsphases..com.ng/2017/06/5-reasons-why-most-nigerian-guys-have.html

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Gmasterp(m): 8:12am On Jun 06, 2017
Good to know grin

#sniffs armpit

I'm in the clear grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Ruggedfitness: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2017
Gmasterp:
Good to know grin

#sniffs armpit

I'm in the clear grin

Most likely another story when you begin to sweat

Remember guys to join me on my blog for more updates, for all your FREE EBOOKS AND HEALTH ARTICLES you can subscribe here https://page.co/v9dY

I remain Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor, your favorite health blogger
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Gmasterp(m): 8:16am On Jun 06, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

Most likely another story when you begin to sweat

Nahhh

I think not...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Kondomatic(m): 8:16am On Jun 06, 2017
Goan and tell the lady who told you that most Nigeria guys stink to go and change her weavon/hairdo and give her hair a proper wash. That's obviously where the odour is coming from

147 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Ruggedfitness: 8:18am On Jun 06, 2017
Gmasterp:

Nahhh

I think not...

Not easy to see a well groomed man these days, you deserve an applause

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 06, 2017
I don't understand how people live with being unhygienic

My toiletries, defo untop my list

Can't run out

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by dahunsy(f): 8:45am On Jun 06, 2017
Coughs**clears throat# I will start invoking THUNDER!!!!on some fellow on this forum
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by starlingbawa(m): 8:53am On Jun 06, 2017
Ruggedfitness:
Hello guys, it is your favorite health blogger

A lady once told me that one of her criteria for choosing a man is that he must smell really good.

"why such a requirement" I asked

"Because most Nigerian guys stink and I love a good smell" she blurted

Now, this is not what just one lady thinks but what almost everyone knows, that a lot of guys out there really stink of body odour.

My nose has witnessed it first hand and that is one of the reasons I am writing this article.

Sometimes it is not just their fault, as it takes a lot of work to smell good and even look good.

If you have not yet a part of 10,000 amazing members of my community, join here today.

5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour

1. They don't bathe well

Most Nigerian guys bathe like Fast and Furious. Sponge here and there and then pour the water on their body and that's it. They believe its only women that are meant to bathe for long and maybe bathe well too. A little scrub here and there will do. But this is just wrong.

Bathing is meant to remove dirt and odours, also reduce the amount of skin bacteria which leads to these odours, so if you think there is no need to scrub really hard and scrub very well then there is no reason for you to wonder why you smell so bad.

2. They don't bathe on weekends

Ladies!!, show me a Nigerian guy that bathes normally on weekends and I will treat you to dinner by the end of the day.

Especially for students and those who don't get to work on Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays). They might as well skip the morning bathe, skip the afternoon if still less busy and take a bathe around 4 to hang out with friends.

Even your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor was once among these guys.

Nigerian guys believe that since they do not have much doing on the weekend, then there is no reason to sponge up.

3. Too lazy to groom

Most Nigerian guys are too lazy to clean up themselves, their houses, kitchen, backyard, toilets, armpit hairs etc just reeks of their personality. They don't really give themselves that much time expect they are inviting a girl over, or trying to get a girl.

That's when you see them brushing like soldiers to kill mouth odour, bathing and scrubbing, cleaning their apartment as if the Health Inspector is coming over.

4. They don't admit it, but cover it up

Most Nigerian guys don't want to admit to themselves that they do have body odour. They take a sniff at their armpits and ugh!!! it reeks, but instead of doing the right thing to get a good scrubbing, they head straight into the market to get the best body spray to cover it up.

Even someone offers a body spray as a birthday gift, they start claiming that he/she is giving the impression that he has body odour (which he knows he has)

You would notice in some individuals that when the smell of the body spray begins to die down, they start smelling weird.

5. It is normal

I heard someone say this quite recently, that body odour is normal and you can never stop sweat. Well, I know that I smell good even when I sweat so I don't understand where this kind of lazy mindset is coming from.

Body odour is a sign that you are not cleaning up properly, if you are saying that body odour is normal and men don't have to work themselves to smell good, that is saying that Vaginal odour is normal and women should worry about it.

There may be many more reasons why Nigerian guys have body odour, but from my experience, this is why most of them have it. Today also, the 4 secrets to killing body odour without deodorant post is coming up. Don't worry you wouldn't have to spend a dime to smell good.

Remember you deserve to look good, let no one tell you different.

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

Source: http://newsphases..com.ng/2017/06/5-reasons-why-most-nigerian-guys-have.html

cc; Lalasticlala

Nigeria is a country of over 160 Million people and counting... So when you say 'MOST', i tend to wonder just how many men you were able to carry out a research on before arriving at this 'VAGUE' submission

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Ruggedfitness: 8:56am On Jun 06, 2017
starlingbawa:

Nigeria is a country of over 160 Million people and counting... So when you say 'MOST', i tend to wonder just how many men you were able to carry out a research on before arriving at this 'VAGUE' submission

The question is.. Do you have body odour?

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by starlingbawa(m): 9:20am On Jun 06, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

The question is.. Do you have body odour?

On the contrary, I don't!

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Ruggedfitness: 9:30am On Jun 06, 2017
starlingbawa:

On the contrary, I don't!

Then,

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by starlingbawa(m): 9:33am On Jun 06, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

Then,

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

I wish you the same. Have a great day!

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Garrirevenge(f): 10:00am On Jun 06, 2017
hmmm, i am here to read the comments.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 06, 2017
Hahahaha grin cheesy grin

They wee nor like this. tongue

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by simplyhonest(m): 10:13am On Jun 06, 2017
this is so untrue ....you could have made sense if you cited scientific facts to back up your feminist claims....

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 06, 2017
So, only guys smell?

And who said you're my favourite health blogger? undecided

42 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by CharlieMaria(m): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2017
Most Nigerian Guys? Body Odour

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by peter1994(m): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2017
On top everything, you now wrote "it is normal"]

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by chimah3(m): 11:13am On Jun 06, 2017
But compared to girls, i think guys odour is a joke undecided

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Oyindidi(f): 11:13am On Jun 06, 2017
Robosky02 no dey bath at all
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Bigsteveg(m): 11:13am On Jun 06, 2017
How can the lady based her conclusion on that just because her male siblings have body odour. How many Nigerian men has she come in contact with? She should just speak for her family members alone biko.

19 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 06, 2017
Nah wah ooo
Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Slimzjoe(m): 11:14am On Jun 06, 2017

Op I'm a Nigerian guy and I always bathe on schedule on weekends.

Where's my dinner?? Hunger they

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by curvilicious: 11:14am On Jun 06, 2017
Now i get my dem boyz always oozing bad

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by tgmservice: 11:14am On Jun 06, 2017
OP you are a useless health blogger with low IQ any naija guy that stinks are the dirty ones or miscreants.

But no matter how dirty guys are it cannot be compared to the rotten stick coming out of most girls(95%) kitty kat who claim they are neat.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 06, 2017
Body odour is natural. Every human being has a colony of bacteria living in their armpits. When one sweats, the sweat and the bacteria turn into odour makers.

This is the reason why everyone must manage their odours by using deodorants. Whoever said majority of Nigerian men have body odours may have been dealing with with motor park touts and conductors for them to have come to that conclusion. In my office of more than forty men, everyone smells good all the time.

I am so not feeling this Mr Health-Blogger, he is so full of himself and talks down on his audience. He obviously has a long way to go.

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Raise N10.2m For Baby With Hole In His Heart In Less Than 24hrs (Pics) / How Many Days Should A Guy Wear Boxers Before Washing? / Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.