Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,734 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Why Should I Praise God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should I Praise God? (3700 Views)

One Big Reason You Must Praise God Today. Picture. / Today is 22-12-2012 And The World Has Not Ended. Praise God. / Praise/worship Songs In Your Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should I Praise God? by eggcrown: 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2010
PRAISE: THE SICKLE FOR HARVEST
TEXT: PSALMS 67:5-6.
"Let the people praise thee, O God; Let all the people praise thee. Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our God, shall bless us".

"Praise" according to the dictionary is the act of expressing approval or admiration; commendation; laudation; the offering of grateful homage in words or song, as an act of worship (and in this content to the Almighty God). From the passage of the scripture above we are made to understand that when we praise God - I mean when we give God quality praise, two very important thing are going to happen:

1) The earth shall yield her increase: We can understand from the word of God in Psalms 67:6 that the very first thing that happens when we give God quality praise is that the earth will yield her increase. All the benefit that are due to us that the earth is holding unto itself shall be delivered into our hands; all our past labor/effort shall yield dividend to us. When the earth yields her increase, our lives will naturally experience a supernatural turn-around for better. Indeed, I can tell you that truly, praise - i mean only quality praise - the praise we offer to God in truth and in spirit is the most important and most effective sickle for harvest because according to this scriptural passage, every of our promotions, breakthroughs, testimonies e.t.c that is hanging shall be delivered into our hands. When we give God quality praise, and the earth yields her increase, then you can be rest assured that the answer to and manifestation of every of our prayer request(s) shall be delivered to our hands.

2) God shall bless us: Verse 6b of Psalms 67:6 says that "and God, even our own God, shall bless us". The beauty of giving God quality praise is that even after that the Lord God Almighty has made the earth to yield her increase, He Himself will still bless us - I believe that there is nothing that can be greater than the blessing of God because we can understand from scriptures that "he who God has bless, no man can curse. No wonder the psalmist declared that: I will bless that Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth (Psalms 34:1). David, the psalmist understood the mystery in praising God and we can see from his life that there can be nothing as rewarding as praising God because he (David) enjoyed the best of life here on earth because he gave God quality praise - continually. He understood that the key to the heart of God is praise and he made the best use of that to the extent that Almighty God called David "The man after my heart".

I believe this is a very important lesson for us to learn from David if we are to enjoy the best of God here on earth. If we are to enjoy the best of God in our lives, then we should know that: "from the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same (sun), the name of the Lord is to be praised".

My friends, there is nothing that can be better than giving God quality praise because He is the Almighty God, the Omnipotent God - the all powerful God. He is a gracious God, a magnificent God, a marvelous Father. He is a loving and caring Father. He is wonderful and marvelous. He is great and mighty; He is faithful, beautiful, powerful and He is the all sufficient God. He is the only wise God. He is the Lord of host and the only one that is bigger than the biggest, stronger that the strongest, mightier than the mightiest. He is crown in righteousness and clothe in majesty. He is the all knowing God. He is the only wise God. He is the only one that was, and is, and is to come. He is the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.He is my King and my Master, my Father and Lord, my Savior and Redeemer. He is the God our provider: He is a great provider - we call him Jehovah Jireh. He is the ALL IN ALL.

Glory! Glory!! Glory, honor and adoration be unto his Holy Name. Glory be to the name of the Almighty God, the Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, the only Living God of heaven and earth. Hallelujah!!!

So, I implore you my people: "magnify the Lord with me; and let us exact the name of the Lord together".

Shalom!
Re: Why Should I Praise God? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2010
in jesus name,may allah be praised for ever amin
Re: Why Should I Praise God? by Fhemmmy: 10:58pm On Jan 19, 2010
Cos He is greater than the greatest
Re: Why Should I Praise God? by MATEX30: 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
There are too any reasons why we should continually give God praise for his goodness and his mercies upon our lives, family and loved ones - see more reasons why you should be thankful to God here - http://www.gospelepistle.co.uk/why-we-should-give-god-praise-always/

(1) (Reply)

419 Oyedepo / The Occultation Of Venus By The Sun In The Year Of Lucifer Anno Lucis 5776 / to the haters of islam I will just keep smilin @ you from now till the last hour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.