Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,944 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) (3472 Views)

The Basics And Beyond The Basics Of Web Dev (Updated) / Reasons To Choose Python As Your Next Web Project / Need A Web Developer To Handle Your Next Web Project? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
kanayoNickel:
Danielthe geek, are you still in the meeting with the gods? cool

The meeting is over bro... lol
Re: Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) by orimion(m): 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
chigozie391:
how did do this

HTML, CSS and JS (react)

1 Like

Re: Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) by chigozie391(m): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2017
orimion:

HTML, CSS and JS (react)
am still new to Javascript.. .. Wonder if I will be able to do that
Re: Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) by rayyspark(m): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
chigozie391:

time will tell, keep pushing n u will get there
Re: Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) by orimion(m): 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
chigozie391:
you definitely will, just keep calm and code
Re: Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) by Craigston: 12:24am On Jul 04, 2017
rayyspark:

you can never build that even in 24hrs....dont be too mouthed it might look simple but consider its functionality...mind u, its from scratch...api trying
If only you knew how many abominations I have implemented from scratch. This one is simple na.
Re: Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) by chigozie391(m): 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
orimion:
practice app

https://simeon979.github.io/towers_of_hanoi

its an Interactive Tower of Hanoi Solver (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Hanoi)
how were u able to host it on Github
Re: Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) by orimion(m): 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
chigozie391:
how were u able to host it on Github
github pages

https://pages.github.com

1 Like

Re: Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) by agwaisrael(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2017
rayyspark:

you can never build that even in 24hrs....dont be too mouthed it might look simple but consider its functionality...mind u, its from scratch...api trying

Sorry to burst your hot air balloon, but that is easily implemented within less than 22hrs.

There is nothing fancy there. You don't accept vCard or arbitrary data formats, do you?

All there is :
Create "2" tables ONLY, for user data and phonebook data.
Create classes for user, upload and a viewer. (this is over the edge, but I love oop).
The rest is...

You should remember that the time spent in development is in ideation and not really "type writing".

You probably don't have protection against csrf et al.

Infact, xampp has an example app that does just this.

So what I'm saying is that it's possible to even create a desktop client (thanks to Nwjs) and deploy this site within less than 22hrs.

I could even create a framework for this on the first run n write a shell script to remake as make as I want with different color themes.

It's called INNOVATION!

It's ok to love what you do, but believe you can be better.

DISCLAIMER:
[center]I really didn't login or register, because that is a major deterrent for me on websites. Besides, your domain name is free and you are probably hosting for free. This makes me consider your site as an avenue to get numbers for bulk spamming [/center]
Re: Learnt Web Development, What Next? (web-dev challenge) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
All competitors should mail me, sorry for taking this long to post, I created this message a while ago but never knew it wasn't posted.

I decided to help all of you secure your domains. PM only.
Thanks,
Daniel.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Learn Python Together / Creating Scratch Card Application / Andela, Udacity And Google Team Up To Teach Nigerians Android Development 4 Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.