Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo (5127 Views)

Musa Gowon Debuts New Look + Meet His Mother! / Buhari Receives Delegates From Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Limited In Abuja(pics) / Jonathan’s Refusal To Raise PDP Flag Cause Uproar In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by aloyemeka7: 9:29pm On Jan 19, 2010
[size=14pt]Automobile firm debuts in Ondo[/size]

EFFORTS by the Governor Olusegun Mimiko's administration to boost industrialisation through Public Private Partnership (PPP) has started to yield result following the ground breaking of an automobile plant at Bolorunduro in Ondo East Local Council.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jan/19/10.html

At the ceremony held along Ondo-Akure road, the governor expressed optimism that the BMG Automobile Plant, when completed, would provide employment opportunity for the youth and also boost the economy of the state.

According to a statement, the governor assured prospective industrialists of his administration's readiness to provide maximum support for their business to thrive, disclosing that the state government would have 10 per cent equity in the BMG Automobile Plant.

"What we are doing today is a landmark project that will boost the socio-economic landscape of our state. Be rest assured that your government will do everything possible to support you, and support others that are still coming," the governor said.

He added: "I congratulate our people. I can assure you that we shall give all the supports that will make this company survive so that the lives of our people can improve."

Mimiko, who was represented by the Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Mr. Akin Akingbesote, urged the people of the state to take advantage of the numerous windows of opportunity to improve their businesses.

In his speech, the Chairman of BMG Automobile Plant, Dr. Lanke Bademosi, disclosed that the plant would cost $300 million, adding that about $100 million would be expended before the end of this year.

He stated that about 3,000 youths would be engaged and the company's operation would be carried out with 100 per cent solar power.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by asha80(m): 9:34pm On Jan 19, 2010
Good news for once if it materializes
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by xterra2(m): 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2010
certainly good news
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by aloyemeka7: 1:46am On Jan 20, 2010
More refreshing than the usual Boko haram and Kalakato.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by r231(m): 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2010
gr8 cheesy
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by ReachRich(m): 1:01pm On Jan 20, 2010
Will it see the light of the day?
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by Pedekunle(m): 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2010
God bless your administration Gov. Mimiko.
We can hear of your good work and intention for our people. Pls keep it up.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by semid4lyfe(m): 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2010
Another elephant project that will be used as a means of embezzling money.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by semid4lyfe(m): 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2010
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by femi4love(m): 1:12pm On Jan 20, 2010
Can I please ask anyone who's not of Ondo origin to please not make any negative comments? Some people on Nairaland are known not to see anything good in whatever effort a governor is making, even if he's a "Fashola". Please keep your mouth shut if you haven't got any good thing to say and don't bring your usual "negative prophecy" into this matter. Thank you.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by oge4real(f): 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2010
Its so good to hear good news anytime anyday. Moreover I have faith in this project since it is a private sector initiative.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by sesman(m): 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
Good news, and i like the fact that it will be solar powered. grin
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by initiator(m): 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2010
How can you run an automobile plant on solar? This project seems like one of them elephants.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by ud4u: 1:52pm On Jan 20, 2010
Let it work out first
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by Redman44(m): 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
I'm following Governor Mimiko's progress. It seems the guy is serious about turning around the fortunes of Ondo State. He has been making a lot of good moves recently. He also seems to be an intellectual and has a lot of support from his people. Ondo State has the potential to develop rapidly in the hands of a focused governor. I'm watching Mimiko.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by sjeezy8: 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2010
Mimiko and Labor party has actually been working well for Ondo, just under the radar.
Kudos for ondo
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by bisiaet: 2:47pm On Jan 20, 2010
I'm impress at least so many unemploy people will get job, Mimiko keep it up.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by deliverus: 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2010
Well let's wait till it's up and running grin grin. You know in Nigeria we have gre8t ideas. cool cool
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by otawa: 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2010
Good Idea but are they ready for the sacrifice?

Can the Mimiko and his cabinet give-up their luxurious foreign cars and use those that would be locally made from this plant?
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by seeme2(f): 3:21pm On Jan 20, 2010
Never liked that Mimiko guy, UNTIL RECENTLY, hmmm, i think he's working hard! undecided
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by paddylo1(m): 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2010
FROM THE WEBSITE BELOW. . .
BMG International is a company whose main mission is to alleviate the problems of transportation in Africa. The company was established in May of 2000 with the astute vision of Dr. Adelanke Adebayo Bademosi and Engr. Andre Adetula Bademosi with their own private funds.

The company’s headquarter is in Lagos, Nigeria. We plan to establish a gated state of the art showroom in Victoria Island Lagos, Nigeria. As a fast growing company in the realm of automobile business our products are environmentally friendly and boast to meet any current requirement from departments of transportation while ensuring good air quality. We strongly realize the threat that global warming placed on the continent of Africa and the world at large. We have partnership with several eminent automobile companies in Asia to ensure adequate training of our staff and engineers.

BMG is the future of Africa transportation with goal of manufacturing precision aided automobiles and our products are the best in fuel economy. Strict quality assurance, guarantee our products as the top-seller and highest rating in customer satisfaction. Our assembly plant which shall be located in Ondo State of Nigeria will be capable of producing about 50,000 vehicles per year by the time we completed the final phase. This project is estimated to cost about 75-100 million USD and will provide employment opportunity to over 3000 people. As part of our leadership ambition, plans are in effect to incorporate hybrid cars and also to introduce electric vehicles in the nearest future.
PROPOSED BMG AUTO FACTORY

PRODUCTS

AVAILABLE IN 2 X 4WD AND 4 X 4WD SPECIFICATIONS
WITH 3 ENGINE MODELS
1. 491Q TOYOTA TECHNOLOGY.
2. 4G64S4M MADE BY MITSUBISHI JOINT-STOCK MANUFACTURE.
3. 4JB1 ISUZU DIESEL TECHNOLOGY.

FEATURES

1. 220MM MINIMUM GROUND CLEARANCE
2. MANUAL 5- GEAR TRANSMISSION
3. RECIRCULATING BALL TYPE HYDRAULIC POWER STEERING
4. REMOTE CONTROL CENTRAL LOCK
5. MECHANICAL KNOB CONTROL MIRROR
6. HIGH BACK RECLINING CLOTH SEATS
7. HIGH LEVEL BRAKE LAMP
8. ALUMINUM WHEEL/215 TYRE
10. MANUAL REAR VIEW MIRROR
11. ENERGY ABSORBING BUMPER
12. FRONT DUAL CROSS MEMBER INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION
13. REAR ELLIPTIC LEAF SPRING
14. COMPACT TYING HOOK
15. CENTER OPENING BACK DOOR

http://www.bmgauto.com/home.html

This is for real guys,i wish the ondo state govt well. . .and nigeria success
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by tunnytox(m): 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2010
semid4lyfe:

If you call this a white elephant project what will you call Akala's 4.9 Billion naira to r[b]enovate[/b] hospitals? i beg the success or otherwise of this project is easier to verify than Akala's 4.9 billion project, so if this governor is lying or looking for way of siphoning fund it will be obvious for eveyone to see that the project is another ajaokuta grin grin
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by Redman44(m): 3:42pm On Jan 20, 2010
@ paddy lo

Thanks for the information. God bless you. Cheers.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by aloyemeka7: 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2010

Their truck above looks like chevy Avalanche

Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by aloyemeka7: 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2010
tunnytox:

If you call this a white elephant project what will you call Akala's 4.9 Billion naira to r[b]enovate[/b] hospitals? i beg the success or otherwise of this project is easier to verify than Akala's 4.9 billion project, so if this governor is lying or looking for way of siphoning fund it will be obvious for eveyone to see that the project is another ajaokuta grin grin

Akala's renovation project is also important for adequate healthcare as long as he gives a detailed description on what he renovated. I don't see it as a white elephant project at all.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by Apollonio: 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2010
Not surprising that Gov. Mimiko is on the list of progressive Nigerian Governors under my radar.
Well done Govenor,but I am still watching.
The verdict is not out yet.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by Kx: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2010
Another sweet news from the south.

What do we hear from the north,muttalab,boko haram,jos crises (part 2),etc
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by oluking: 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2010
Great news, a great man in the making.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by An0nimus: 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2010
Great plan.Nigerians are watching.
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by otawa: 4:58pm On Jan 20, 2010
Change of my mind, when I look at those pictures, then this is nothing but 419!

They cant produce such Car in Nigeria at this moment, there is even no 'eletricity' to produce spoons!

And importing the part and assemblying it cant survive against used cars from Europe!

grin cheesy grin
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by sjeezy8: 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2010
otawa:

Change of my mind, when I look at those pictures, then this is nothing but 419!

They cant produce such Car in Nigeria at this moment, there is even no 'eletricity' to produce spoons!

And importing the part and assemblying it cant survive against used cars from Europe!

grin cheesy grin

hater and a clown
Re: Automobile Firm Debuts In Ondo by SwtzMinx(f): 5:12pm On Jan 20, 2010
.n0 c0mment¤

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Seal Off Ogun State Governor’s Office, Assembly ! / 135 Foreign Firms Jostle For Lekki Free Trade Zone / Nta Turns Down Shekarau Tv Commercial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.