Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign (46779 Views)

Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex / US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian / A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Dehley(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
charles009:
Everything you are about to read is 100% real, I will try to make is snappy. It's exactly 4:10am and I still get sleep. Please see below.

I Recently got a top management role in a Nigerian fmcg company. The GMD always show this affection towards me barely few months into the new job and some employees keep asking how i won over an unusually difficult man. I was given a 2010 SUV upon resumption, one week later, he replaced the car with a 2015 SUV. Amazing ain't it?

Now hear this, Between 3am/4am, I slide into this unusual trance, as if someone is slowly whispering to me sleep, sleep, sleep son, I am always conscious of my background while this happens, then My boss appears, opens up a room filled with gold and riches, he says to me, all this will be yours, if only you heed to my request. What is his request, he wants my 11 month old son in exchange.

I shrugged this off initially as a one off, bad day or something, but guess what it has repeated in different scenarios more than 9times in my 3 months on the job.

Last week, I returned from Lagos, very happy, having brokered the biggest deal in the history of the brand, but this happened.
He brought me into a session, called my name and said, for personal reasons, I will relieve you. I was shell shocked, why I asked? Once again he said, it's unfortunate, but i want us to remain friends. He handed over a cheque to me, with my full year consolidated salary and entitlements. I thanked him and left. I Handed in my resignation letter, he accepted it, wished me well and even gave me an excellent recomendation letter, My last salary has since been paid in full.The cheque was personal between us.

I have accepted my situation with two hands and moved on. I refuse to let my head drop.

Till now, I still stare at the cheque every morning, I feel I should just forget about the money and move on. What do you guys think?

You haven't seen anything yet, your woes has just begun. I remember you very well. You got this very job through one of Debbie's post and you outrightly came here to share your testimony and everyone wished you well. Few months later, you came here and rubbished this same Debbie whose post earned you a living when she asked every nairalander to join her in celebrating her fifth wedding anniversary.

2 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Kobicove(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
Is the company a one-man business?

I can't imagine this kind of "Tales by moonlight" happening in a well structured company undecided

1 Like

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Boston001(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
Pure fake news go and get some help fool
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by bleedo44: 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
Take that cheque to Mountain of fire & miracle ministries
(MFM). Your former boss may be a demonic diviner. He may have seen all your prospects, hence the reason why he employed you.
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by ariesbull: 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2017
charles009:
Everything you are about to read is 100% real, I will try to make is snappy. It's exactly 4:10am and I still get sleep. Please see below.

I Recently got a top management role in a Nigerian fmcg company. The GMD always show this affection towards me barely few months into the new job and some employees keep asking how i won over an unusually difficult man. I was given a 2010 SUV upon resumption, one week later, he replaced the car with a 2015 SUV. Amazing ain't it?

Now hear this, Between 3am/4am, I slide into this unusual trance, as if someone is slowly whispering to me sleep, sleep, sleep son, I am always conscious of my background while this happens, then My boss appears, opens up a room filled with gold and riches, he says to me, all this will be yours, if only you heed to my request. What is his request, he wants my 11 month old son in exchange.

I shrugged this off initially as a one off, bad day or something, but guess what it has repeated in different scenarios more than 9times in my 3 months on the job.

Last week, I returned from Lagos, very happy, having brokered the biggest deal in the history of the brand, but this happened.
He brought me into a session, called my name and said, for personal reasons, I will relieve you. I was shell shocked, why I asked? Once again he said, it's unfortunate, but i want us to remain friends. He handed over a cheque to me, with my full year consolidated salary and entitlements. I thanked him and left. I Handed in my resignation letter, he accepted it, wished me well and even gave me an excellent recomendation letter, My last salary has since been paid in full.The cheque was personal between us.

I have accepted my situation with two hands and moved on. I refuse to let my head drop.

Till now, I still stare at the cheque every morning, I feel I should just forget about the money and move on. What do you guys think?

Don't worry....take the cheque....cash IG and move on. Its your sweat and entitlement.

You will be fine
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Werehkpe: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2017
O boy, your former boss must be into some kind of money making rituals. He probably wanted your child as a sacrifice to those evil spirits he serves.

Its best you leave the place and DONT CASH THE MONEY. Its evil money. God will always bless your hussle as long as its clean and genuine. He that giveth you children and brought u into this world will ALWAYS provide for you. MOVE ON. AND CONGRATS ON YOUR FREEDOM from potential bondage
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by judedwriter(m): 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2017
That your boss's money is spiritually polluted...and it can be used to drain your glory...these things are strange but it happens a lot in our environment.
Take the money to a bonafide deliverance ministry for cleansing and use it charitably.
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by madridguy(m): 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
You just refresh my memory now with the Ayoola foods. One of my late friend worked with them before he passed on.

Ishilove:

So who was it? Boss of Cway group and Ayoola Foods?

Ayoola Foods grin
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by rafson37(m): 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
Afonjanightmare:

Enelamah Gbenga

GTb

Thanks bro, anticipating your response
u must be thinking from the kidney, I wonder why some people no use their brain. he only needs ur advise and prayer always.
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Osuman(m): 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
I advice to you women is that you get the cheque, or you dashed out the cheque to the very poor, not road or street beggar's, I mean the very poor that you known or better still, walk to any hospital and use the cheque to pay some sick people bill, I wonder why you have to accept such a gift? Those kind of people are very strong, I repeat it again very strong. Don't use a dame out of that money for yourself or love once , it just money it now or sooner but the Consequence's are enormous. Be careful.
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by yarimo(m): 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2017
TipsterK:

don't forget about the cash bro...I need just 30percent of it....u might b saving a life should I send my account number?
op please help someone here ooo .because is like his Village people don succeed in his case grin
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Osuman(m): 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2017
My advice to you women is that you give out the cheque, or you dashed out the cheque to the very poor, not road or street beggar's, I mean the very poor that you known or better still, walk to any hospital and use the cheque to pay some sick people bill, I wonder why you have to accept such a gift? Those kind of people are very strong, I repeat it again very strong. Don't use a dame out of that money for yourself or love once , it just money it now or sooner finish but the Consequence's are enormous. Be careful.
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by luminouz(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
Csami:
You should investigate as to why your boss would do such a thing to you.

Ask yourself
1. Is he doing you a favour by letting you go?

2. Is he under pressure by his own boss to let you go?

A man that replaced your 2010 SUV with a 2015 SUV won't just ask for your resignation letter except been pressured by someone or something.

Na this kind yeye advice dey vex me! Were u drunk when u read d post or what? What yeye questions do any sane being need to ask again on top blood ritual matter?? Don't u guys read what u post ni?

1 Like

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by ednut1(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
bullocks
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Josh44s(m): 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
charles009:

Your boss is an occultic person. My advice to you is take that cheque and give it to and orphanage home or church then fast and pray because you are under spiritual attack in a physical confrontation. One more thing, please tell me the name of the company lemme blacklist it. Make e nor come be say na me dem go employ next or somebody I know. Evil in this world is getting too much.

2 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by madjune(m): 8:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
Nigerians and nollywood story thinking.

Bro, let me ask you: Do you always dream during meetings?
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by madgoat(m): 8:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
charles009:

Plz PM me. I need the cash or at least some part of it to assist my needs at the moment cry
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by whitering: 8:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
If you love your son, don't cashed that money. This is more of spiritual. Remember This:
"then My boss appears, opens up a room filled with gold and riches, he says to me, all this will be yours, if only you heed to my request. What is his request, he wants my 11 month old son in exchange."

Your son might not make it if you use that money. Go and sow seed with the cheque & see the Glory of God.

1 Like

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Somatic(m): 8:16pm On Jun 07, 2017
My take. That's if your story's true

There's a probability that you did see what 'was' to come. However, you have something to thank God for. That your boss rather than give you this difficult request decides to let you go. His payment isn't some sort of string, it's what it is, a severance package. So you may spend it as you wish. God has done well for you.

On spending, I'd rather you don't start throwing the money gambling in so many businesses. When one is flush with cash, opportunities and their resemblances have a way of showing themselves. My advise, invest in a 90 day Treasury Bill with your bank. Use the interest therein to sort yourself out while you look for work or plan a business. Should you find work for yourself before the maturity period, do a rollover. It should become your 401k. If still searching for work or a business, rollover. However, If you have gotten a suitable venture within the period to invest in, upon maturity, liquidate and start your venture. God will do well for you. If you still cannot shrug off the destiny snatching thought, you may take Chief's advise and use a new account for this transaction.

In all, I wish you luck
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by luminouz(m): 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
chukxy:
Op, I think you are the cause of your own problem. Your problem started when you started seeing your then boss in your dreams demanding for your 11 months old son. I bet after those dreams, your attitude towards your boss unconsciously changed. The poor guy would be wondering in his mind what has he done wrong for your attitude's change.

For the cheque, you can give it to me to keep the money for you. After one year, I give it back to you with interest.

Can I advise you to stop believing in these things that keep us in stone age?

Wee u shut d fvck up

1 Like

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by mayoor15(m): 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
do4luv14:
Blood is ticker than water....... That's a fact,

what does he needs ur son for, should be the question to solve, and it first happen as if in a trance hmmm

don't know whether you are a XTAIN or not,
pick ur bible and pray about it, then see ur pastor
Take this advice, not sure the battle is over yet
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
Lord always shield me from evil men looking for people's star to exchange.
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by PotatoSalad(m): 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
Chop your money clean mouth abeg. Nigerians and spiritual stuff. na why una no wan develop.
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Bgorgeous: 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
Bros it's ue earning do t be afraid to cash it . just take the 10% personally to the alter and leave it tbere

1 Like

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Dfinex(f): 8:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
Suprnov3r:
Bros....

1. Pray and fast

2. Buy treasury bills to with the money so it goes to Federal Government

3. Take your 17% interest and chop

4. After the tenor of the TBILLS has expired collect your money and chop

Any jazz he does will be on the head of FG (BUHARI)

Lol ....like seriously?
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2017
Ishilove:

So who was it? Boss of Cway group and Ayoola Foods?

Ayoola Foods grin
we are coming for you grin . We like beautiful women too

1 Like

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by shumuel(m): 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2017
charles009:

First of all, the spiritual realm is real and a very powerful force it is.

But... I don't think your case is spiritual.

Why am I so sure ? Well you only broke a rule, which is ''Never outshine your Boss'' which you did, big time,, so he simply sent you away, the same thing happened between David & Saw, so no be today he start.

Another point is that, he gave you a cheque and not cash, so why are you affaid ? If it had been cash, then it could had been laced with charms, so you see, you have nothing to fear except he wants to frame you up with the cheque, if not, go cash out your money and start a good business jaare! , and stop worrying over a dream.

Oh yes, and if you still feel skeptical about the money just please send it to me grin

Have a wonderful life and don't forget to enjoy wink

1 Like

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by chukxy: 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
luminouz:

Wee u shut d fvck up

Hey Mr man, I have noticed you. Can you do me a favour and find your square root?
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Marvelous101: 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
Just cash the money out, bring to my church and pay ur tithe, God has done it
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by luminouz(m): 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
chukxy:

Hey Mr man, I have noticed you. Can you do me a favour and find your square root?
Oh DAT? I just calculated it...here is ur final answer...

1 Like

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by hardbody: 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
charles009:

Thank you..I feel better today..

Guy if this true, you need no advise. At some level if you are unjustly exited, you are paid a lump sum calculated in multiples of your salary for a certain duration. Sometimes your official car and driver are given to you as a soft landing. Your health care benefit is also allowed to run for about a year. If you are loved, you may be given additional cheque payment as a handshake. It's all yours. You did not seek to exit, you were exited so they owe you all that. Take what belongs to you, put the experience behind you and start a new venture whether it's your personal business or a job hunt.
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by charles009(m): 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
Mixty:
This story is pure fabrication. Anyone who knows how corporate organizational structures and processes work will not believe this story for a minute.

A top management staff in an FCMG will suddenly approve a 2010 SUV and change in to 2015 SUV Are there not processes and procedures guiding remuneration and allowances No financial controls in place? No HR or audit to approve such?

Same man will suddenly ask you to tender your registration when it is not a one-man business? Your boss can not suddenly terminate your employment in any corporate organization, even if you err. It has to go through laid down disciplinary or terminal processes.

The story is complete fabrication.
It's not OK, it's real, very real...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? / Female Graduate Hawks Food In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.