Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. (56786 Views)

Is It Wrong For This Young Lady To Have Accepted Lunch Before Being Interviewed? / A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook / He Was Interviewed In The Morning, Company Saw This On His Twitter Page Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 07, 2017
Its obvious that life is a cycle.
There was this job vacancy in my place of work and 8 people did apply for it which they were to be interviewed yesterday.

By privilege as an Admin/Acct Officer I was authorized by my HR who was engaged in a crucial meeting to conduct the interview on his behalf so far I know what the company requires.

Lo and behold among them was my secondary school Teacher who did teaching practice (TP) when I was in SS1.

We were both shocked when we saw each other, looking at each other, I smiled and said Sir kindly have a seat.

We gist for 30mnts then I used 5mnts to ask him where he worked before now, that's all.

Meanwhile, I recommended him OK for the job and asked him to come and start work tomorrow.

It is good to live peacefully with all men as you may not know where your turning table will stop next.
The question is, was that a dishonesty for me to have picked him as there were 2 people who had professional certification ahead of him?

Nairalanders over to you!

484 Likes 27 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by galax1: 11:20am On Jun 07, 2017
DAT was divine arrangement 4 him it breaks protocol. rem u were not d person dat should have done d interview but Gods plan made u act as his helper

1248 Likes 74 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by fabregas04(m): 11:52am On Jun 07, 2017
You did great bro, Kudos. Proffesional certification is merely added advantage, provided he had d minimum required qualification and he's trainable. Like we used to say in our Sec school days "seniority is not for ever"

395 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 07, 2017
fabregas04:
You did great bro, Kudos. Proffesional certification is merely added advantage, provided he had d minimum required qualification and he's trainable. Like we used to say in our Sec school days "seniority is not for ever"

So on point sir, thnx

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by emmayayodeji(m): 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2017
wonderful naso person dey make am

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by goldennugget: 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
Divine intervention

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by yemi2plus(m): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
Very unprofessional. You don't bring emotion into things like this.

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by anthney87: 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
God has used u. It is now left for him to go about testifying.

Bone that guy up dere telling you it is unprofessional. It is very professional my brother. Imagine someone who did teaching practice wen u were in sec school. Bro now you are a graduate and he is still struggling to get a good job.

Fear God brother. You did the right thing. Even me that graduated 7 years ago and still don't have a job yet was almost frustrated until I decided to go into agriculture.

Imagine that guy own scenario and someone here is saying it is unprofessional. Male I no swear give u o.

338 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
yemi2plus:
if u wer to conduct a job interview for ur relation,wld u b sentimental or not?

280 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by ramzylipi(m): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
It pays to be good always, if I interview some of my teachers I will personally walk them out of the office . Some of them behave as if there is no tomorrow

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Krystalzkris(f): 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
There are some kinds of secondary school teachers you can't do this for grin

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Mustay(m): 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
yemi2plus:

Supported. Where you realise that you have a conflict, simply step aside or have someone else do this.

We all know we have biases and I totally understand the moral part the OP is trying to make but what OP does not realise is that, this is NEPOTISM. Nepotism is also a form of CORRUPTION.

Just to emphasise, nepotism is "the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs".

The irony or negative consequences of such actions is that the candidate's future performance or character can rub off on you or affect productivity later.

Nigerians compromise truth using religions and the likes but the truth remains the truth no matter whose ox is gored. Like UDF will say

"Conscience is an open wound, only the truth can heal it” - Uthman Dan Fodio

89 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by MaziOmenuko: 2:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
If Buhari did the same thing you did now, you will be shouting foul play, together with all those supporting you.

You spent 10mins gisting with him and 5 min to ask basic questions; more like a paddy-paddy gist.

So unprofessional. You too will need to climb up the ladder one day and wouldn't hope that those who hold the key to your ladder would favor their siblings and friends ahead of you.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by MistadeRegal(m): 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
yemi2plus:

You're right.
Professionally, it's not right to do such.
But on the other hand, what I see there is 'Divine Intervention'.
So in cases like this, I let others comment.

14 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Xxpress(m): 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
To those shouting UNPROFESSIONAL, NEPOTISM AND CORRUPTION; if you were in the shoes of the teacher, you wouldn't be saying such and many of your will do the same as the OP.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by amuokuko: 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
Most people here spiting saliva would do same if it was their relations @ the other end of the table...

Worst is that most of them working got the job through Man-know-man...

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
Please I have a question. Who can one use as a referee on CV.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Seyitosino(m): 3:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
galax1:
DAT was divine arrangement 4 him it breaks protocol. rem u were not d person dat should have done d interview but Gods plan made u act as his helper
so fitly spoken.

8 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Idydarling(f): 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
You did well op, no mind that oversabi man up there

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by BlueRayDick: 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
What sort of job pays you 48k even with professional certification and/or work experience ? I mean what sector of the 4cking economy is this said job? choi! Things don pass fall apart in this obodo Nigeria o.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
All this unprofessional people here thunder fire all of unah finish .

This same set of people will still pray to get favour were ever they go and wen its another person they begin to lament.

If u say favour is bad may it not come ur way.

Op I call that grace.. When your break through reach ntn can stop it.. It was very easy for your HR to conduct it but because Gods word has to be fulfilled then it has to happen this way.

Go to USA visa section and see miracle. Read there transcript and see how most VO just ask one question and they grant you visa. The next person the VO will drill you wella or even deny you wen your even correct with everything..

God dey jare

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by chiscodedon(m): 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
Seeing no nepotism here..one is he was qualified for the job,he's open to have the job..the probability of him being chosen among others is same with others.had it been,he wasn't qualified for the job and u gave it to him,would have been different.
Even God himself would have been angry with u if u didn't give him that job...he's prayers turned the situation of the interview to be like that.this is literally meaning of help and favour

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by BanevsJoker(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
If Buhari did the same thing you did now, you will be shouting foul play, together with all those supporting you.

You spent 10mins gisting with him and 5 min to ask basic questions; more like a paddy-paddy gist.

So unprofessional. You too will need to climb up the ladder one day and wouldn't hope that those who hold the key to your ladder would favor their siblings and friends ahead of you.
Actually, that's exactly what Buhari did. It got to a point, Northerners started changing their surname to Daura in order to get appointments.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by CrownHomes(m): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
Such is life, what goes around comes around. I think you've done right. It's simply a pay back time, positive pay back.

9 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by eduevolutionnow(m): 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2017
galax1:
Break protocol untop 48k job, HAHA! Guy u must be sleeping.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by eduevolutionnow(m): 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2017
anthney87:
God has used u. It is now left for him to go about testifying.

Bone that guy up dere telling you it is unprofessional. It is very professional my brother. Imagine someone who did teaching practice wen u were in sec school. Bro now you are a graduate and he is still struggling to get a good job.

Fear God brother. You did the right thing. Even me that graduated 7 years ago and still don't have a job yet was almost frustrated until I decided to go into agriculture.

Imagine that guy own scenario and someone here is saying it is unprofessional. Male I no swear give u o.
Emotion over logic. What he did wasn't right. Simple

8 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Mustay(m): 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
chiscodedon:
Seeing no nepotism here..one is he was qualified for the job,he's open to have the job..the probability of him being chosen among others is same with others.had it been,he wasn't qualified for the job and u gave it to him,would have been different.
Even God himself would have been angry with u if u didn't give him that job...he's prayers turned the situation of the interview to be like that.this is literally meaning of help and favour

See this:

manson5011:

The question is, was that a dishonesty for me to have picked him as there were 2 people who had professional certification ahead of him?

If the professional certification was NOT a necessary requirement/standard for the post, no problem. Nonetheless, there is still a bias by the OP as he spent 30 minutes chatting and 5 minutes doing the actual work which is why it is better to avoid such situations - you won't treat them objectively because of your bias.

In such threads, I am not perturbed by those who (and this is not referring to you chiscodedon) insult you or tell you that "na baba God", "who professionalism epp", "u fit do am if na your bro?", "get rich or die poor" and the likes. Recently, someone's incident has shown us how even criminals will pose with exotic items generated from fraudulent income and still say "Baba God, u don do am for your boys".

What you are seeing here is a SOCIETY THAT HAS COME TO ACCEPT CORRUPTION AS NORMAL. Religion and other bases are just the manipulative thoughts to justify the wrong. Ironically, these people will blame politicians and leaders alike for favoring their lot while they cannot avoid what they condemn. Like they say, it is easy to throw stones when you are outside the glass house.

I am putting this out there so that some people (especially younger ones) are not misguided and really, I am not even moved or disturbed by differences in opinions - SAYING IT AS IT IS. He has given a context and provided basis for his decision. Imagine the other guys reading this and in their minds, like NL job seekers, they believe nothing works in Nigeria because they are qualified for certain jobs but are never picked as a result of favoritism.

We all have different moral codes and let yours guide you - to each his own. Good luck manson5011

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by FromZeroToHero(m): 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
Ties're nothing wrong in what you did. When God's favour is with a man, all human protocols are broken. He was highly favoured.

6 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by DoctorNyash(m): 4:27pm On Jun 07, 2017
yemi2plus:
You don baff sad

8 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by galax1: 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
one mans food is another mans poison use UR head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees) / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.