Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Must I Pay 350k For A .com.ng Domain - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Must I Pay 350k For A .com.ng Domain (4592 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Register .edu.ng Domain / Free .com.ng Domain Name Offer! / How To Get a .NG Domain Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must I Pay 350k For A .com.ng Domain by Afam(m): 10:15am On Mar 18, 2010
I refused to become a pioneer registrar when NIRA asked me to because I understand what they see .ng domain names to mean - avenue to make money even if service delivery is horrible.

Simply register a .com domain name and move on. I don't see why you should even negotiate with them at all, it doesn't make any sense.

This sort of thing happens offline too.

I started with www.lagosetores.com as a domain name and when I wanted to register the name with CAC I was informed by my lawyer that someone had reserved the name and that Lagos State sees the name as one that benefits from the name of the State.

When asked what next to do I asked him not to bother as I was going to drop the name and even drop the domain name. That same day I registered www.justwebservices.com and after updating the information on business cards, contacts everything became normal again.

It is not about the name, it is about the quality of service. Who would have thought that names like amazon, google, yahoo, facebook etc would have been linked with successful online businesses?

Drop the name, move on and focus on your business and when the registrant does not see anyone negotiating for reduction they will face reality and sit up.

Normally there are always restricted names but it is the duty of NIRA and/or the registrants to ensure that no one is allowed to register such names without knowing the cost or without paying the fee. It is wrong to inform clients after they must have registered such names that they must part with thousands of naira to keep such names.

Good luck.
Re: Must I Pay 350k For A .com.ng Domain by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 18, 2010
@abhost, you are wrong.

Nira wants to defraud you, they already got a buyer for that domain name and wants to scare u from it.
Re: Must I Pay 350k For A .com.ng Domain by splashbaby(m): 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2010
BizBooks:

@ Dokki,

I think you are right. In fact some years ago, Microsoft forgot to renew one of their sites, Passport.com . A good samaritan renewed it and handed it back to Microsoft. Read the story here: http://www.out-law.com/page-4049
Domain business na fraud.
Re: Must I Pay 350k For A .com.ng Domain by txxxed(m): 8:00pm On Mar 20, 2010
I have been online for years and been involved in the domaining industry, i have never heard such rubbish. if you have so much money, i would advice you to look for a super dotcom name and buy.
let's face it, 350k converted to $ would be at least $2300. that sum would buy you a very nice premium dotcom domain.
what's in it for a .com.ng shit anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Access Blocked Websites / Those Who Design Cheap Website And Those Who Think Web Design Is Cheap... / I Will Help You Create Quality Backlinks For your Site For Free!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.