Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Getting A Mortgage With Little Or Something. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Getting A Mortgage With Little Or Something. (1444 Views)

Planning A Home For Your Family? Take Advantage Of The NHF Mortgage Scheme / What Is Mortgage Closing Disclosure? What Happens After Closing Disclosure? / Best Mortgage Rates In Nigeria - Housing Loan Financing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Mortgage With Little Or Something. by Tinkybabe(f): 5:58am On Jun 08, 2017
I did not know exactly where to post this article but decided to post here after much deliberation.
Now, this is targeted mostly at people in diaspora, the United Kingdom to be precise as that is where my research is limited to.

Have you ever dreamed of owning a home but the mortgage is so ridiculous that there's hardly any
chance of getting on that property ladder? Well, good news! You don't have to worry too much as you might just be able to afford that dream house.

Gone are the days we have to wait till 40 to own a property. My philosophy is " start early and watch it grow". So for the youths and even the older ones , this is the time to seize this opportunity.

I understand that this information is not privy as it is readily accessible but you'll be surprised at how little people know.

Ok! Enough of the pep talk, let's get right into this. cheesy

If you're a first time home buyer, you could actually get a 20% loan from the UK government in a plan known as shared equity mortgage. which reduces your deposit to 5% and mortgage to 75%. The more interesting aspect is that the loan is payable at no interest if it is cleared within 5 years of receipt.

So for example, if the property of interest is valued at £200000. As long as you meet the eligibility criteria, you will be able to get a loan of £40000 from the government, your down-payment in this case would be £10000. This leaves you with a mortgage of £150000 to get from the bank /building society. If you are able to repay the government loan within 5 years, you only have to pay the 20 percent of the house value at the point of repayment

That in my opinion is a fantastic deal.

In addition to this, you can have a help to buy ISA which is savings account that allows you to save towards your first home and you get a 25% bonus on top of your savings at maturity. So for example. If you've been able to save £6000, the government will add 25% to this amount which is £1500. Therefore you end up with £7500 which can go towards your deposit.

Although, you can only get a bonus on a maximum of £12000 savings and can save a maximum of £200 in any given month except the first month when you can save up to £1200.

So there you have it guys.

Note, The Shared Equity Scheme has been on since 2013 and ends in 2021.

On a side note, Make your vote count today, go out and vote!

For more information visit

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/mortgages/hubs/first-time-buyers/shared-equity-schemes/

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/help-to-buy-homebuy-and-other-housing-schemes/amp

1 Like

Re: Getting A Mortgage With Little Or Something. by ecksplizit(m): 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nicely articulated
Re: Getting A Mortgage With Little Or Something. by davidblack007(m): 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
How do you look at savings? Very interesting, although I am sure that all bills and bills should be double-checked, but what is written will be true when a person sees 8 pencils as they usually do in a bank. When I contacted Mortgage Broker Doncaster, it never occurred to me how it worked. We used to live in Canada, then we moved to England and each time we faced the problem of buying a home on credit, although we had money, but we decided not to spend everything together. And if in the test you need to choose the right answer, then in practice it will be half correct, because always and everywhere banks are deceiving, it's like passing a traffic police test where the correct answers are only on paper and in life you act only according to the situation
Re: Getting A Mortgage With Little Or Something. by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:47am On Dec 18, 2020
davidblack007:
How do you look at savings? Very interesting, although I am sure that all bills and bills should be double-checked, but what is written will be true when a person sees 8 pencils as they usually do in a bank. When I contacted Mortgage Broker Doncaster, it never occurred to me how it worked. We used to live in Canada, then we moved to England and each time we faced the problem of buying a home on credit, although we had money, but we decided not to spend everything together. And if in the test you need to choose the right answer, then in practice it will be half correct, because always and everywhere banks are deceiving, it's like passing a traffic police test where the correct answers are only on paper and in life you act only according to the situation

Your post is very confusing. I can't make much out of what you said.

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed... Learn Their Strategy / Copytrading / My Chinese Shopping Experience, 1688, Taobao, Tmall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.