Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? (712 Views)

Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? / What Do Men Want? / Can You Trust A Wife Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by ayrulez(m): 5:59am On Jun 08, 2017
This practice in Nigeria and other African countries isn't limited to Muslims alone any longer. you see young men marry more than a wife. some even marry two at a time. what could be their reason for this act? could it be that they are tired of their first wife, they no longer find her attractive? she isn't as sexually active as they thought? she isn't willing to bear plenty fruit? hide under religion? maybe hes too wealthy? probably because men are polygamous in nature?she doesn't have a particular gender of child? maybe their are note women than men and he want to reduce the number of single ladies? she is tired and needs a helper? she is barren? I don't think any of these reason can justify why men should marry more than a wife.
Re: Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by Saintsammurai(m): 6:11am On Jun 08, 2017
I personally disgust the idea of man marrying more than one wife..
Though some men get married to more than one wife because they have the money to spend..
some might be looking for male child which the first wife has failed to Provide, hence their patience has run out..
some do it because they don't want to cheat on their wives so they bring their side chic in..
some do it if the first wife deny or is too busy to sexually satisfy him..
some do it for more children..
some do it because their first wife is getting old so they need young ladies to keep them alive on bed..
some do it if the first wife nags a lot..
so op these are the reasons, though i don't support it but some of their reasons are justified.
Re: Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 08, 2017
Because they can

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by michiyke2003(m): 6:29am On Jun 08, 2017
Because one Puyaya can't upgrade the lifespan of a man
Re: Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by CIOSYLVA(m): 6:45am On Jun 08, 2017
There are so many reason to marry more than a wife..
Is only a man that wore a shoe that knows where it pains him.
Re: Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 08, 2017
Nawa. Women dey endure for Africa o. Well As for me, the more humble a woman is, the more I see her worth being my only wife. I don't know about other guys but I do know that the rash misbehaviours of some women makes the men see them as just a thing they should have in the house and shd have many of it...they are seen as play things Not worth too much devotion. Its a pity.
Re: Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 08, 2017
Sexual Gratification. angry
Re: Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by ayrulez(m): 9:55am On Jun 08, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
Nawa. Women dey endure for Africa o. Well As for me, the more humble a woman is, the more I see her worth being my only wife. I don't know about other guys but I do know that the rash misbehaviours of some women makes the men see them as just a thing they should have in the house and shd have many of it...they are seen as play things Not worth too much devotion. Its a pity.
well, a woman is more than a thing no matter how rash her behaviour is. if u marry all two, three or four, and they behave similarly, will you continue to marry?
Re: Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 08, 2017
ayrulez:

well, a woman is more than a thing no matter how rash her behaviour is. if u marry all two, three or four, and they behave similarly, will you continue to marry?
You just restated my point in another way.
Re: Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by yvesboss(m): 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
Are you sure that practice still happens in this present day economy cuz i strongly doubt it
Re: Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
It was cultural becasuse women fended for themselves and the more they were, the more the family wealth. Nowadays its the opposite. Nothing like nature. That's just an excuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Marry More Than A Wife? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
Many reasons. Inability to procreate, ill health, desire to support a widow and her children, imbalance in sexual desire between the partners, to permit a widow/ divorcee to have a moral sexual life. Different people marry multiple wives for different reasons. Some even do so out of sheer lechery, or desire to show off their wealth.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Real Happiness? / Couple Sees Jesus Christ In Their Daughter’s Ultrasound Photo / A Nairalander Younger Brother Birthday Is Today. Let Us Celebrate Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.