Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

N-Power Lagos Thread - Jobs/Vacancies (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N-Power Lagos Thread (156113 Views)

Recent Job Vacancies In Lagos {thread} / Unannounced Vacancies In Lagos Thread- New Update / N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by Esther99(f): 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
I beg do something about 2017 applicants even if we are not resuming work immediately just let us know our faith before hand.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by npowerng: 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
Esther99:
I beg do something about 2017 applicants even if we are not resuming work immediately just let us know our faith before hand.

Okay Ma’am.
Communication would be made available soon.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
N-Power Permanency Struggle Takes Another Dimension As N-Teach Beneficiary Writes FG
A beneficiary from one of the components of N-POWER VOLUNTEERS PROGRAMME( N-TEACH) is hereby soliciting to the Govt. of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to retain them in civil service.
The N-power volunteers program is the only employment in Nigeria that was handled with transparency and merit oriented during the selection processes.
The programme was established in fulfilment of campaign promises made by President Muhammed Buhari in 2015 aimed at creation of jobs for the youths and poverty alleviation in the country.
This is a gigantic program that has in quontumly changed the lives of age-longed unemployed Nigerian graduates.
The program has sofar created footprint in economic recovery and growth plan lunched by PMB led Administration.
The success stories include….speedy recuperation of economy due to the engagement of greater proportion of the beneficiaries engaged in Agriculture that has showcased their intellectual capacity both in cultivation, production and in processing, And like wise N-HEAlTH which has also been proactive in assisting the senior health officers in discharging their statutory obligations in different health facilities across Nationwide.
However, it is worthy to establish the facts that N-TEACH as an Academia has made a tremendous impacts in revamping the Academic System within a couple of months. Let me state that it is tautological to say that Academic System is still in equilibrium in contrast to the past Administration. infact in explicit, one of the success stories were however applauded from the publication of 2017 West African Examination Council results that yielded excellent in students performance in contrast to the past years,
One can believe without any conviction that this is the product of N-TEACH.
THE AGONY Of N-POWER EXIT
In addition to the progress made sofar within a couple of months, the program has also reduced youths restiveness, agitations, militancy, crimes, insecurity and frustrations Nationwide.
Moreover, The Agony of N-POWER Exit may not be curtailed if over 500 000 teeming youths are disengaged taking into cognizance that an idle mind is the devil’s work shop.
We therefor soliciting to the Govt. of the Federal Republic of Nigeria led by PMB to start now to make concrete plan(s) on how to absorb us into civil service rather than thinking of our disengagement. We are tired of our carrier been politicised, merchandised, rubbished ,use and dumped by miscreants politicians.
Recall that SURE-P was once a federal government programme made to reduce sufferings from the youths.
Written by
ODAH NELSON
Enugu State Npower Volunteer

1 Like

Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
The Social Investment Programme (SIP) of the Federal Government has disowned new recruitment N-power jobs on its official portal at npower.gov.ng ,
“Please note that N-Power has not re-opened its website for new applications.”
It cautioned youths against being duped by scammers that are claiming they have jobs to offer through the N-Power programme.
“You will recall that N-Power just physically verified pre-selected applicants from the 2017 application season in Dec. 2017,” Senior Special Assistant to the President on Job Creation, Afolabi Imoukhuede, said in a disclaimer message.
He said that at no time of recent that the Federal Government re-opened the N-Power recruitment portal.
It urged Nigerian youths to disregard the false information by internet scammers and follow its authentic news channel.
The government cautioned applicants not to release their personal details like bank verification numbers (BVN) to unauthorized persons.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 5:49am On Mar 05, 2018
*Beneficiaries of the federal government N Power scheme yesterday 3rd March 2018 started an online campaign calling for the federal government to make them permant government workers. Here is an excerpt from their official statement.*
N Power volunteers call for permanency. Here's what we have to say.
We the beneficiaries of the Federal Government Social Investment Program under the umbrella of N Power use this medium to appreciate the President Muhammadu Buhari led administration for establishing this transparent program to address unemployment in the country, but we still call on this kind government to turn empowerment into employment for us as we have undoubtedly contributed immensely to the development of this country through our individual communities in health, agro, teach, tech etc. We call on all stakeholders concerned (human right activists, governmental and non governmental organizations, National dailies, blogs, etc) to intervene on our behalf and help reach out to the concerned authorities. We also call on the National Assemblies to review our situation with the aim of making us permanent government workers. We have impacted our communities even with the little stipend we are being given, please don't send us back into the streets as job seekers. (Help us pass the message across to the authorities. We promise to be peaceful in the process.)
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by fizzy4luv(m): 9:53am On Mar 05, 2018
This is actually one of the issues that comes with social palliatives; undue reliance on government for survival. The contractual obligation that comes with the program for beneficiaries (2 yrs) was not hidden albinitio, with the objective of ensuring skills acquisition and a stipend for support . Volunteers should be/have using/used this period to acquire germane skills related to their field for seeking employment into various industries. We have even heard stories of volunteers who have secured jobs during this program but some are busy hoping for permanency while not doing anything to improve their lot before the engagement ends.

The issue of stipend not enough/ posted to non relevant section of the program are all lame reasons, the probability of permanency is zero, don't disturb yourselves, better still exert that vigor on self improvement because December is approaching fast and if by then you don't have a source of income elsewhere, it will be a pitiable situation.

Moreover graduates have been coping without the scheme, seeing the program as an opportunity to enter an over bloated civil service where salaries are still unpaid in some states for i know Fed. govt cannot absorb this size of workforce alone with the already budget deficit running in place. Don't also be deceived by some politicians raising your hope, election campaigns window will soon be opened and trust them, all sort of sweet words will flow.

Infact your cries for permanency might even raised a point in a post impact assessment of the program, with critics pointing out that the objective of empowering beneficiaries has not been realized and such the program executed on a strictly volunteering basis. NO STIPEND. Thus affecting subsequent beneficiaries to be absorbed. Please brothers and sisters, make use of this window to improve yourselves either by improving your skills or learning a worthwhile venture before that STIPEND stops rolling.

2 Likes

Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 8:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
"We cannot have primary education the way it is, we’ve got to teach young people, we’ve
got to introduce technology; you’ve got to have collaboration in education. We discovered, for instance, when we were doing the N-power – employment for young graduates, we discovered that it was also an opportunity to train the graduates. For the first time we were able to open a portal that has educational materials for graduates to just go in there. We also have devices for them to use. But one important advantage of what we are doing is that all of a sudden, you can now train tens of thousands of people without sitting them in one place. So technology is going to play a role. We are in a very interesting place in terms of education today because you can leverage a great deal on technology.
You can leverage a great deal on what is happening in other parts of the world. And we are trying to harness all of those resources and try to do something that will make a difference in our country. Here we are, in another 10 years we will be moving closer and closer to 2050 when we are going to be the 3rd largest population in the world. And there is almost a 70% youth population. We are not going to provide them with the number of classrooms that will be required, so we’ve got to really leverage on technology. We’ve got to leverage on verified trend that we see here and there." - Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo when addressing journalists and social media practitioners on Friday.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by Lorddominic(m): 3:36pm On Mar 07, 2018
I've neither received my January nor febuary stipends...has Npower crashed?

Autosbay abeg, wats d way forward?
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
it has not crashed search through my previous thread, it seems your payment is on hold
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by Lorddominic(m): 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
AutosBay:
it has not crashed search through my previous thread, it seems your payment is on hold

how will i go about dis problem? wy would dey put my payment on hold?
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 7:24am On Mar 08, 2018
THE BITTER TRUTH. Its really baffled me to see the way we are reacting toward a program that is tagged "Volunteer Npower program" One thing about volunteer or empowerment program is that it isn't a paid work, it is called volunteer, yet FG deem it fit to encourage us by given us 30k monthly stipends and I noticed some volunteers have abused this priviledge. Can we please ponder on the below questions. - If this administration didn't come up with this program, aren't we going to move on with our lives? - Have you ever ask yourself why you were selected for this program out of thousands that applied despite your grade at the University - Kindly recall that in 2016, when this program commenced, it was called "Social Intervention Program" from which Npower was carved out? - Why do you think this Administration set up committee for employment headed by Chris Ngige and put a stop to shabby employment processes? - Do you know that people retired from civil service work almost every month yet FG refused to employ? - Are we also aware that the same Federal Government that was insisting it is a voluntary program is now boasting to the world that they have given job to the youth through this program? - Why do you think Buhari rejected peace corps? - Have you also forgotten we are not even up to 200,000 again knowing fully well many have resigned and some evicted from this program? (Not POH volunteers). I think without saying much, the above questions have given us hope that something good will definitely surfaces after the expiration of this program. Now the question is "WHY AGITATING FOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM?" We have simply forgotten that permanency has even started, some states Government are already employing some "DILIGENT" volunteers into the civil service thereby helping Federal Government achieve their reason for establishing this program. For me, I don't think agitating for permanency is the way out when it is crystal clear that this program from the above will turn to permenent employment. Let me also remind you that everyone that make it through will receive Federal Government certificate, do you know what that means? Even if this administration want to employ, do you know that one of the major criteria is "NPOWER CERTIFICATE" For Nteach among us, didn't you know with that certificate alone, you are a superstar when it comes to employing teachers and same goes to other arms of this program and I hear some says "WE MUST AT ALL COST FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHT" Excuse me, what right are we talking about? Instead of working "WHOLE HEARTEDLY" for the state Government by showing them what you have acquired, you are there agitating for permanency from the almighty federal Government when the bulk of the permanency processes rest on the shoulder of the State Government that are even more closer to you. Please I am pleading with us, let's take things easy so that we don't spoil the future God has for us through this program. Also remember that Liberia has requested for 6000 teachers from Nigeria and some of us may be recommended for the job. A word is enough for the wise. Let's continue to make impact in our place of primary assignment and by so doing, permanency will locate you, you won't be the one pursuing after permenent employment after this program. copied

1 Like

Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by lizzy07(f): 8:56am On Mar 10, 2018
Good morning Autosbay please I got a message from Npower that I have been exited from the program due to payment on hold on my profile for 45 days. I have checked my profile no payment on hold and I wasnt paid January stipends I sent mail to support team and I was told they are working on it and yesternight I got the message please help me out , since the day I was posted to my PPA I have been carrying out my duties effectively with no regrets even though I spent 400# to and fro for transport I didn't complain and I go every day the principal and teachers can attest to this, so I don't know what leads to the message . Please help me out I don't know what is going on again
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
lizzy07:
Good morning Autosbay please I got a message from Npower that I have been exited from the program due to payment on hold on my profile for 45 days. I have checked my profile no payment on hold and I wasnt paid January stipends I sent mail to support team and I was told they are working on it and yesternight I got the message please help me out , since the day I was posted to my PPA I have been carrying out my duties effectively with no regrets even though I spent 400# to and fro for transport I didn't complain and I go every day the principal and teachers can attest to this, so I don't know what leads to the message . Please help me out I don't know what is going on again
locate the focal person of your state, it might have been an error between your ppa and the state focal person, few months ago they did an audit to know those who don't report to their place of primary assignment, just be courageous it will be resolved
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 11:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
N-Power Volunteer Network
Has FG handed over N-power to Gov. Rauf Aregbesola of Osun?

Definitely NO, and that will never happen, but Npower Nigeria now has an attribute similar to the administration of Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State: late payment of workers’ salary.
Mr. Aregbesolas government is synonymous with half salary (which is known as hafusa among residents of the state).
In Osun State, workers receive salary of a previous month at least 15 days into another month, a trend that has turned the state workers to debtors in their neighborhood.
N-power Nigeria on the other hand started on a good note, salaries were paid regularly, sometimes three or four days before the end of the month. It was getting kudos from Nigerians, even opposition praised the programme.
NpowerNG has now gained an inspiration from Osun State government led by Rauf. We’re not particularly surprised if that happens.
Research conducted revealed that N-power volunteers got their December 2017 salary by 22.
But it seems that has changed in 2018. Federal Government released their January salary on February 15, while February salary is yet to be paid, report we got from some of the beneficiaries say.
NpowerNG-FG attributed the late payment of January stipend to some challenges and pleaded to the beneficiaries to be patient in a terse communiqué on its social media channel in February.
“Your stipend is your right for work done, and we wish to reassure you that we don’t not take you for granted.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are working assiduously to fix this, N-power said.
But at the time of publishing this article (March 7, 2018) beneficiaries of the programme are yet to receive their February stipend.
The delay has instigated volunteers to take to the social media channels again calling on the government to release their N30, 000 monthly stipend.
This time, the management of the job initiative programme is yet to react to why February salary is still being delayed, several chats directed to them on twitter and Facebook have been neglected.
N-power has rather diverted its attention to the distribution of working tools and kits to N-Build beneficiaries.
“I only get angry when things are done the wrong way. Dearest Npower team, must the volunteers consult the Chief priest (Ifa priest etc) and beg you people (N-power) before you pay them at the end of each month?
Does it mean the month of February has not ended in your calendar? one of the volunteers asked.”
With the continuous delay of monthly stipend of NpowerNG volunteers, one might likened N-power Nigeria mode to salary payment to Osun State Government, which is notorious for its half and salary payment at will.
N-power programme is one of the biggest achievements of the current administration led by All progressive party, APC.
The 2017 preselected final list is still pending, which made one of the applicants to ask if N-power has crashed.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2018
POH UNJUSTLY EVICTED
I remembered the last time I updated the house on the issue, I said the focal person is doing everything possible to address the situation. The good news is that we have contacted Mr. Afolabi in this regard and he promptly replied and he is willing to help address this issue. So pls let's be patient till tomorrow, the focal person will direct us on what to do and together we will resolved this issue.
Thanks.
copied Npower Lagos
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 1:54pm On Mar 11, 2018
Those of you that received a text message to go for another physical verification: Make sure you don't miss it. They might have come across a discrepancy that might lead to disqualification, hence the need to summon you people.
No cause for alarm, Npower is only trying to minimise damages this time around.
Good morning
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by achorladey: 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2018
@AutosBay
Urgent!!! Urgent!!! Urgent
How can I, a volunteer get the npower app and its content back on my device? The device I was given initially goes bad and replaced with another device but not having the npower app and its content. * ORLG device under consideration here.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 5:53am On Mar 12, 2018
achorladey:
@AutosBay
Urgent!!! Urgent!!! Urgent
How can I, a volunteer get the npower app and its content back on my device? The device I was given initially goes bad and replaced with another device but not having the npower app and its content. * ORLG device under consideration here.
use Xender to collect the app from a friend that has it
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by achorladey: 11:34am On Mar 12, 2018
AutosBay:
use Xender to collect the app from a friend that has it
Thanks for your response. I followed the method you gave but I am unable to access the content of the app........such as home, prepare, deliver, learn e.t.c.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by endtime1(m): 12:06pm On Mar 12, 2018
lizzy07:

how far were you at Alausa today I heard people that have same issue went to Alausa today
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 4:32pm On Mar 12, 2018
Good evening everyone,

It is quite unfortunate that some volunteers found themselves in state of dilemma which came as a result of poor handling of officers at various Ministries in charge of posting who last year unknowingly submitted names of genuine volunteers as absconded/yet to report and resulted to eviction of these set of volunteers.

*In line with the above, we pleaded with Mr. Afolabi on behalf of these volunteers and he is willing to assist those genuinely working to resolve this issue in order to be reinstated to Npower program.* _We met with the focal person today 12th March 2018 and we have therefore concluded with the following;_

1. Those abscondees that resolved their issue last year at their various LG's are not involved in the exercise below, we already have their list, hence no need to report to LGA to meet your rep

2. You have been genuinely working but didn't receive January stipend, it means your name was part those mistakenly sent to support as absconded and some volunteers attested to that when they met with the FP today. Furthermore, to resolve the above kindly report to your REP on Tuesday 13th 2018 or get in touch with their reps with the following;

- Your attestation letter signed and stamped by the head of your PPA
- Your three month attendance also signed and stamped by the head of your PPA

Please note that point two must be resolved and submitted latest Wednesday by 12noon.

3. If you have not been paid at all since inception of this program, the list and the reason you are not paid has been sent from Abuja. We will therefore paste it on various platform and how to resolve it will be communicated to you soon.

4. Those that applied for redeployment (Nteach) can now go their district to check their new place of primary assignment starting from Wednesday 14th March 2018.

5. 2017 volunteers who missed the last verification exercise and have now receive another SMS can now visit their various NOA office their LG for their verification exercise starting from 14th - 24th Friday 2018

We sincerely appreciate all Lagos State Npower Volunteers that are working assiduously to showcase the excellence in our Lagos, and we assure all you that issues regarding Npower Lagos will be a thing of the past and together, we shall reap the fruit of our labour. Aameen.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2018
N-power Lagos
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Please if you know you received sms last year to come for verification for the new in take and you or you know someone that got the text message & missed the verification exercise, kindly be at NOA office for your verification
Date: Wednesday 14th - Friday 24th March 2018
Venue: National Orientation Agency Oba Akinjobi street old towards Old Seacretariat GRA Ikeja Lagos
Time: 9am daily.
Kindly endeavour to be there as this is the last opprotunity
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by Windflower(f): 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2018
Hello Autosbay,my payment was on hold since DEC,of which I submitted the attestation and photocopies of attendance to my state focal person through the representative. This was done January ending.
I sent support mail and they said my state focal person. has not gotten in contact with them over my issue. I got a text saying I had been evicted on Friday.
I never absconded,its was an error from the LGEA and was still going to my ppa from DEC till last week Friday.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by lunacol(m): 5:37pm On Mar 12, 2018
Windflower:
Hello Autosbay,my payment was on hold since DEC,of which I submitted the attestation and photocopies of attendance to my state focal person through the representative. This was done January ending.
I sent support mail and they said my state focal person. has not gotten in contact with them over my issue. I got a text saying I had been evicted on Friday.
I never absconded,its was an error from the LGEA and was still going to my ppa from DEC till last week Friday.
Contact your state focal person asap.He has the upper hand here to resolve the issue.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by endtime1(m): 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2018
please autosbay what should be the format of attestation letter and how do I get it across to nteach rep for alimosho
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
If you are a 2017 pre-selected applicant and you received a message to go for physical verification over the weekend and you were already verified in December, please IGNORE it.
The message is just for those who were absent at the Physical Verification in December.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2018
February stipend ongoing
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2018
endtime1:
please autosbay what should be the format of attestation letter and how do I get it across to nteach rep for alimosho
call this number 08035199414 he is the overall Lagos representative he might have alimosho number or you call Odoh +234 703 109 1912 although she is the representative for amuwo but definitely she will have alimoshos rep number , most of Lagos representative work together
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 5:17pm On Mar 13, 2018
BREAKING;

Recommendation of Npower teachers by the HM of all primary schools in Lagos has commenced. A circular was passed this morning to all HM of Lagos state primary to school to send the list of functioning volunteers and attached with recommendation and subject taught by these volunteers to SUBEB latest today.

The process is ongoing as at the time of getting this information. Please let's continue to be diligent in our place of primary assignment. I have said it before and I will continue to say it, bulk of permanency rest on the shoulder of state Government because we are directly working for them and it has started in Lagos without agitation. For Npower secondary teachers, good news is also coming your way. We will update everyone as we receive more information on this.

Thanks and God bless all Npower Lagos volunteers
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
N-power Lagos
Good Morning,
Concerning the new list of Nteach (Not posted, redeployment and just resolved NOA volunteers) on the list, we were initially misinformed that the list has been sent to the district. We apologise on the earlier information sent.
We will update you guys as soon as we get the information on the above.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2018
URGENT INFORMATION:

I am directed to inform dear N-Power volunteers (N-Teach) of Education District V who have challenge of stipend or exit from the N-Power programme, to report as a matter of urgency to the District with records of attendance and recommendation letter from the Principal or Vice Principal.

Announcer:
AGBABIAKA
N-Power Rep. Education District V.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (59) (Reply)

Jobs In Nigeria | Vacancies / Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) August 2013 / PH Based Oil Companies, Their Addresses, Phone Numbers & Websites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.