Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,196 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:29 AM

Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting (40683 Views)

Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) / El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by neolboy(m): 9:32am On Jun 08, 2017
A coalition of Northern Youth groups tagged, “The Kaduna Declaration”, which gave all Igbos residing in any part of North three months to relocate to their places of origin, has reversed the threat.

They had also directed northerners residing in the East to within three months relocate back to the North.

The spokesman of the group, AbdulAziz Suleiman while briefing newsmen said, “All northern civil society and pressure groups are by this declaration mandated to mobilize for sustained, coordinated campaigns at their respective State Government Houses, State Houses of Assembly, Local Government Council Secretariats and Traditional Palaces to mount pressure for steps to be taken to ensure enforcement of the directives contained herein.

“The North hereby openly calls on the authorities and other national and international stakeholders to acknowledge this declaration by taking steps to facilitate the final dissolution of this hopeless union that has never been convenient to any of the parties.

”From today, June 6, 2017, when this proclamation is signed, the North, a critical player in the Nigerian project, hereby declares that it will no longer be disposed to coexisting with the Igbos and shall take definite steps to end the partnership by pulling out of the current federal arrangement”

But in a u-turn on Wednesday, Comrade Yerima Shettima, President, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, and Isaac Balami, Arewa Consultative Forum Congress, appealed to Nigerians not to panic.

In a video footage, Balami said the Northern groups had observed how the issue was “being discussed globally”.
He said the groups will create a platform to discuss the outrage and condemnation trailing the eviction threat.

His words: “This is not the time for us to discuss separation. We need to come together. Arewa is know for peace.

“It is obvious that the initial approach was not the best. We need to work together as a nation
“I want to tell Nigerians living at home and in diaspora that there is hope. This nation is going no where.

“Shettima here wants to assure that everything that he has done was in good faith. This is one Nigeria and we are going nowhere.”

source :http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/08/quit-notice-igbos-arewa-youths-make-u-turn-call-peace-meeting-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfwvp1A_QL8
Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by absoluteSuccess: 9:34am On Jun 08, 2017
Right,

We will find hordes of reasons for what we want.

We will work this country up to a crescendo.

We will come face to face with our fear someday.

We will find hordes of reasons for what we want.

We will bear all the consequences of our actions.

May our desire for this country be granted.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Afam4eva(m): 9:35am On Jun 08, 2017
So, why's this at variance with the renewed order published earlier?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by IgboticGirl(f): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2017
Igbos should returen home biko

For me i think is a blessing in disguise

Kaa aku ruo unu umunnem biko nnu

178 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Bism(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2017
after the brantashy, and gum inhale don clear for their eye. Common Sense has done on them.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 08, 2017
Lol quit notice grin grin ipob Dan suffer
Igbos funny sha everything Dan settle, una fit talk now. grin grin they've started beating Thier empty chests again

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by IgboticGirl(f): 9:38am On Jun 08, 2017
Some times wen I look at how people behave lately I just shake my head

If u come to Enugu , ebonyi abia etc u will two or more communities own by Hausa u will even think is kano or sokoko state, but u can never hear Igbos shout or make noise asking people to live there land so as to other tribe in igbo land

But my point here is pls igbos vacate north and equally south west, kaa aku anyi ruo unu

165 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by BuariCopyPaste: 9:39am On Jun 08, 2017
Already late.......

My people are marching to the land of the rising sun where milk and honey flows....

We no be dem wey dey die before death come around.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by obialfa: 9:40am On Jun 08, 2017
“There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Devil and Miss Prym

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Sunnycliff(m): 9:40am On Jun 08, 2017
Let them not panic so that they will be taken aback abi!
...reverse psychology

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Dottore: 9:44am On Jun 08, 2017
Ok
Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by lastmessenger: 9:49am On Jun 08, 2017
I would have love to see arewa carry out their traits but unfortunately it seems they lack the will power knowing fully well that what they are calling for is a full blown war on Igbo's.
Time have changed, the biafrans have sympathisers both home and abroad and it Wiil be very easy to gather international support for Igbo's and again south south and south west this time around will just stay neutral in the matter.so it would have been Igbo vs arewa and even the north are also divided along religious lines.no northern Christian will fight against southern Christian. In the end it will be a war that will be so difficult for the so called arewa.
Let's wait and see the event unfold. I live in the north and am already preparing my self to exit kogi state within the next few weeks.

95 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by deedeedee1: 9:50am On Jun 08, 2017
This does not mean that nigeria will not separate. Yorubas, igbos, and hausas should live in three separate countries.
That will be better

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by chemicalDisease: 9:50am On Jun 08, 2017
Cowards

October 1

We are waiting.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by amc: 9:50am On Jun 08, 2017
IgboticGirl:

If u come to Enugu , ebonyi abia etc u will two or more communities own by Hausa u will even think is kano or sokoko state, but u can never hear Igbos shout or make noise asking people to live there land so as to other tribe in igbo land

But my point here is pls igbos vacate north and equally south west, kaa aku anyi ruo unu

Maybe you didn't hear Nnamdi Kanu in one of his videos say Islam will not be allowed in Biafra?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by chemicalDisease: 9:52am On Jun 08, 2017
Cowards

October 1

We are waiting.

24 Likes

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:53am On Jun 08, 2017
Well weather they like it or not, it's too late for Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by EmeeNaka: 9:53am On Jun 08, 2017
There is no such thing as U-Turn or K-Turn, to us from East, Nigeria is expired and it will continue to stink

53 Likes

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by FKO81(m): 9:54am On Jun 08, 2017
Viergeachar:
It is now evident that flatiyeasterners are the true slaves/indians of the nation, Nigeria, and cannot do without it. grin

Kudos to the arewa youths for demystifying the flatiyeasterners. cool

Now, they'll all keep quiet and enjoy their 3rd class citizenship status in Nigeria which they know is still far better than 1 class citizenship in Biaffr... smiley
Real slavery

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by raker300: 9:55am On Jun 08, 2017
I saw some hausas in the parks today with their loads running away!!!...

They should know no one has monopoly of violence

13 Likes

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by deedeedee1: 9:57am On Jun 08, 2017
Let the three majority ethnic yoruba, hausa, and igbos live apart. They are better on their own. Each have a population of 35 million. This is even larger than most countries in Europe and very close to south korea's population.
Yoruba form Oodua Republic
Igbos form Biafra Republic
Hausa form Arewa Republic
This will be better for us all

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Young03(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2017
I knew they cannot do anything

I haved lived in d north n they are afraid of an Igbo man

kwue nonsense kam jiri ogwu meruo GI aru

26 Likes

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Nightwolf1: 10:03am On Jun 08, 2017
I dont even know why they are making a u-turn now. They shud go ahead with their threat first October this year or remain silent forever. Useless bastards.

No man has two heads.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Danishguy(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2017
Igbos please come back... Why they backed out was simply because they finally looked into the data, and discovered that the north would lose more, if the Igbos decides to leave their stupid deserts. If the threats were issued to the Yerobas, they wouldn't have backed out.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by AntiIPOOP(m): 10:07am On Jun 08, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Already late.......

My people are marching to the land of the rising sun where milk and honey flows....

We no be dem wey dey die before death come around.
If South yEast is full of milk and honey , then why are igbos everywhere in the North? They don't want you guys there, what's so difficult

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by seunmsg(m): 10:12am On Jun 08, 2017
IgboticGirl:

Below is a statement credited to the leader of the ibo race, Nnamdi Kanu. I keep shaking my head anytime I see how people like you continue to praise and support kanu for his dirty utterances against the rest of the country.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Okoroawusa: 10:13am On Jun 08, 2017
too much talk n no action.one group talk another go react like chemical,2mr another group go talk another group go counter react.
shior!
make una divide make we see...for where!
igbo,hausa,yoruba una no serious.
make anybody no come here talk rubbish again!
all of una no get liver!

5 Likes

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by vantage001: 10:22am On Jun 08, 2017
idiots

2 Likes

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by hucienda: 10:24am On Jun 08, 2017
lol @ "discussed globally". How wouldn't it be discussed globally? Do you think this is the 15th century?

2 Likes

Re: Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting by Chimourinho(m): 10:24am On Jun 08, 2017
deedeedee1:
Let the three majority ethnic yoruba, hausa, and igbos live apart. They are better on their own. Each have a population of 35 million. This is even larger than most countries in Europe and very close to south korea's population.
Yoruba form Oodua Republic
Igbos form Biafra Republic
Hausa form Arewa Republic
This will be better for us all

what happens to the other minority groups? Say ijaw, ibibio n idoma, clearly they won't want to join any of those tribes.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Warns Kukah Not To Divide Nigeria / EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Dike Chidiebere Who Is On FBI Wanted-List In Enugu / Tinubu Did Not Disrespect Buhari - Bayo Onanuga (Media Director)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.