Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,517 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime (4711 Views)

Kingdom Anime/manga. / One Piece (anime/manga) / Most Powerful Anime Or Manga Character Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by Seun(m): 11:52am On Feb 01, 2007
The Death Note Manga, written by Miss Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Mr. Takeshi Obata is one of the best mangas ever published in Japan. Some have referred to it as the "thinking man's manga". The story is a mature and engaging story that would be interesting even in the form of a novel.

Light Yagami is a brilliant but bored 17-year old student. When he finds the Death Note dropped in the human world by Ryuk, a Shinigami, he decides to use it to kill all criminals, his ultimate goal being to cleanse the world of evil to create a utopia and to be the God of this new world - Kira. L is the detective ired to stop him.

You're going to love it so much that after a few chapters yu'll declare it as the best mange ever! Download at:
http://www.stoptazmo.com/death_note/

The Anime, based on the manga, also seems to be on air at this time. Search Youtube for that one.
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by marhoatumu(m): 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2007
Seun:

The Death Note Manga, written by Miss Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Mr. Takeshi Obata is one of the best mangas ever published in Japan. Some have referred to it as the "thinking man's manga". The story is a mature and engaging story that would be interesting even in the form of a novel.

Light Yagami is a brilliant but bored 17-year old student. When he finds the Death Note dropped in the human world by Ryuk, a Shinigami, he decides to use it to kill all criminals, his ultimate goal being to cleanse the world of evil to create a utopia and to be the God of this new world - Kira. L is the detective ired to stop him.

You're going to love it so much that after a few chapters yu'll declare it as the best mange ever! Download at:
http://www.stoptazmo.com/death_note/

The Anime, based on the manga, also seems to be on air at this time. Search Youtube for that one.
man i feel you on that topic. i just started watching it like last wwek and it has already taken my top spot as no 1 anime from gundam seed. to me the tightest part is when he gets that fbi agent to write down all the names of his fellow agents, in the proess killing them all. you can download the anime also at www.deathnote.tv

i reccomend it for all those people who say that cartoons are for children, it should change their minds for them
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by echowords(m): 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2007
Glad to see more and more people are familiar with DN anime. good. cheesy
Check this sites out.
www.death-notes.com
www.deathnoteanime.com

@marhoatumu
I am currently on 16, A lot of things going on but i wouldnt spoil it for u.
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by Gamine(f): 7:43pm On Feb 03, 2007
yeah i heard its really tite
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by freddie1(m): 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2007
Can't wait!
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by Gamine(f): 8:56pm On Feb 05, 2007
Deathnote is the best manga ever
naruto is highly overrated
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by camara(f): 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2007
yeah it's a pretty cool anime.
but i gotta ask is light evil??
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by Seun(m): 10:22am On Feb 06, 2007
Of course.
- Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
- Death is not an appropriate punishment for every crime.
- Someone who kills innocent people for standing in his way is simply a murderer!

Read it to the end. There are some good explanations of why Light is evil in the last few chapters.
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by echowords(m): 12:12am On Feb 08, 2007
I suppose you can say his a bit on the darkside.
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by marhoatumu(m): 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2007
i recently heard rumours that the anime of deathnote will be stopping at episode 16 and that the rest will be coming out on dvd. is it true or am i hearing things
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by akx(m): 8:44pm On Feb 09, 2007
Its really cool. L's gonna get Light sooner or later.
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by echowords(m): 9:42pm On Feb 09, 2007
I am downloading episode 17 now. just came out yesterday. cool
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by echowords(m): 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2007
(SPOILER ALERT EPISODE 26)

I can't believe it, why did "L" have to die.
cry cry cry cry cry

NOOOOOOOoooooooooo

"N" is so going to whoop Light's ass
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by echowords(m): 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2007
Just imagine two episodes to go, 36 37 and viz media (deathnote producers) is threatening all sites
and fansub groups of closure unless they drop anything that has to do with death note from their sites.
best to grap all you can now before its too late. hopefully i will be able to download the last manga chapters.
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by mikkyphp(m): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2007
I have the best of Animes in 2 formats viz .AVI and .RMVB. The following is a list of Animes in my collection:

Title [Episodes]
12 Kingdoms [45 /45]
3x3 Eyes [7 / 7]
Afro Samurai [5/5]
Air TV [14 / 14]
Ai Yori Aoshi [37 / 37]
Akira [MOVIE]
Apple Seed [MOVIE]
Aria [30 / 39]
Avatar - The last Air Bender [Season 1,2 & 3]
Ayakashi Ayashi [25/25]
Ayashi no Ceres [24 /24]
Basilisk [23 / 24]
Battle Arena Toshinden [MOVIE]
Berserk [25 / 25]
Betterman [26 / 26]
Black Blood Brothers [12 / 12]
Blackjack [34 /34]
Black Lagoon [24 / 24]
Bleach [151 / 151]STILL ON
Blood+ [50 / 50]
Blood- The Last Vampire [MOVIE]
Busou Renkin [26 / 26]
Chobits [27 / 27]
Claymore [26 / 26]
Code Geass [25 / 25]
Cowboy Bebop [26 / 26]
Da Capo II [7 / 13 On]
Darker than BLACK [25 /25]
D.C. Da Capo [53 / 53]
DearS [13 / 12 ]
Death Note [37 / 37]
Demonbane [12 / 12]
Devil May Cry [12 / 12]
D.Gray-man [60 / 60]
Dragonaut - The Resonance [7 / 10 On]
Ergo Proxy [22 /22]
Escaflown [MOVIE]
Eureka Seven [50 / 50]
Fatal Fury [MOVIE]
Fate/stay night [24 / 24]
Flame of Recca [42 / 42]
Final Fantasy 7 [MOVIE]
Furi Kuri / FLCL [6 / 6]
Gakuen Alice [26 / 26]
Ghost Hunt [25 / 25]
Ghost in the Shell [51 / 51]
Ghost in the Shell [MOVIE]
Ginban Kaleidoscope [12 / 12]
Gintama [42 / 59]
Great Teacher Onizuka [43 / 43]
Gundam 00 [9 / 9]
Gundam Seed [50 / 50]
Gundam Wing [49 / 49]
Gundam Wing [MOVIE]
GunGrave [26 / 26]
GUNxSWORD [26 / 26]
.hack//Roots [22 / 22]
.hack//SIGN [28 / 28]
Hellsing [13 / 13]
Heroic Age [26 / 26]
Hikaru no Go [74 / 75]
Hunter X Hunter [62 / 62]
Initial D [38 /38]
Inuyasha [161 / 167]
Kanon [25 / 25]
Kekkaishi [35 / 18]
Kenichi [50 / 50]
Kiba [51 / 42 ]
Last Exile [26 / 26]
Love Hina [28 / 28]
Lovely Complex [24 / 24 ]
Lucky Star [24 /24]
Mai Hime [26 / 26]
Mai Otome [26 / 26]
Monster [74 / 74 ]
Murder Princess [6 / 6]
NANA [45 / 45]
Naruto [220 / 220]
Naruto: Shippuuden [38 / 38](STILL ON)
Ninja Scroll [MOVIE]
Noeim [24/24]
Onegai Teacher [13 / 13]
Onegai Twins [12 / 12]
One Piece [MOVIE]
Ouran High School Host Club [26 / 26]
Outlaw Star [26 / 26]
Paranoia Agent [13 / 13]
Pita Ten [26 / 26]
Planetes [26 / 26]
Prince of Tennis [NOT COMPLETE YET]
Ranma 1/2 [NOT COMPLETE YET]
Read or Die [25 /25]
Rozen Maiden [24 / 24]
Rurouni Kenshin (AKA Samurai X) [95 / 95]
Rurouni Kenshin (AKA Samurai X) [OVA 1-6]
Saiunkoku Monogatari [39 / 39]
Samurai 7 [26 / 26]
Samurai Champloo [26 / 26]
Samurai Deeper Kyo [26 / 26]
Scryed [26 / 26]
Serial Experiments Lain [13 / 13]
Shakugan no Shana [27 /27]
Shaman King [64 / 64]
Shuffle [24/24]
Suzuka [26/26]
Tekken [MOVIE]
Tenjou Tenge [24 / 24]
Tenjou Tenge [OVA 1 & 2]
The Law of Ueki [51 / 51]
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [14 / 14]
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho To [14 / 14]
Trigun [26 / 26 ]
Trinity Blood [24 / 24 ]
Uninhabited Planet Survive [52 / 52]
Ulysses [26/26]
Vampire Hunter D [MOVIE]
Vandread [26 / 26]
Vision of Escaflowne [26 / 26]
Welcome to the NHK [24 / 24]
Witch Blade [24/24]
Witch Blade [MOVIE]
Witch Hunter Robin [26 / 26]
Wolf's Rain [30 / 30]
X [MOVIE]
Xenosaga the Animation [12 / 12]
YU-GI-OH [MOVIE]
Zombie-Loan [11 / 11 Episodes]
interested individuals should contact:

Michael - 08027578539 or
Shadrach - 08054644529
PS- Its Not FREE! grin
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by grafikdon: 12:50am On Dec 12, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked I've seen all the 37 episodes. Never before have I been glued to the screen watching animation! I couldn't let go until I watched the entire episodes! Very engaging and thought provoking. It felt like of Sherlock Holmes in the 21st century. I used to watch the episodes on totalvid.com but they only had up to the 34th episode. . . I was so hooked I started searching for the last three episodes and look what I found!!!!!

http://www.deathnote.tv/ grin grin

Deathnote makes Naruto look like Narushit.

I've been scouting for the DVd but unfortunately, there's no complete box set anywhere. If anyone's got a link where I can purchase all the 37 episodes on DVD, drop it here, no bootleg links pls.
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by mikkyphp(m): 10:11am On Dec 12, 2007
grafikdon:

shocked shocked shocked shocked I've seen all the 37 episodes. Never before have I been glued to the screen watching animation! I couldn't let go until I watched the entire episodes! Very engaging and thought provoking. It felt like of Sherlock Holmes in the 21st century. I used to watch the episodes on totalvid.com but they only had up to the 34th episode. . . I was so hooked I started searching for the last three episodes and look what I found!!!!!

http://www.deathnote.tv/ grin grin

Deathnote makes Naruto look like Narushit.

I've been scouting for the DVd but unfortunately, there's no complete box set anywhere. If anyone's got a link where I can purchase all the 37 episodes on DVD, drop it here, no bootleg links please.

Graphikdon i was quite impressed by your appraisal of deathnote. but c'mon man, Naroshit i beg you to take dat back immediately. Anyway, i'm on hand to provide you with the DVD on demand. PLs call Shadrach on 08054644529, bukkassoh@yahoo.com, michael 08027578539 michaeloia@yahoo.co.uk

i love to put smiles on the faces of people!!
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by grafikdon: 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2007
@mikkyphp, I was in no way implying that Naruto is sh$t. I am not a fan of Naruto(Not at all) but that does not give me the right to crap on it. It is a great masterpiece but it isn't pulling me in at all. Just not my cup of tea. But when you pair it with Deathnote. . . it becomes Narushit. My opinion, no disrespect. Man pass man o, my brother grin

For the DVd, I only want a link to any store that sells originals (brand new/shrink wrapped, not used). My search yielded some results but they looked similar to stuff I bought from Malaysia/China some years ago. . . boy was I punked! The Ninja Scroll DVD they sold me looked so real until I saw a friend with the original unadulterated DVD. shocked shocked

For that, I will be buying the DVD from a US based dealer only, if it ain't on Amazon or Ebay.
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by Gamine(f): 8:48am On Dec 15, 2007
Yes oo

I cant stand Naruto

Deathnote is just IT

Even my 13yr old sister is completely taken by it!

Its a great story!
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by icezik1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2007
Deathnote is great but Naruto is better by just a little bit. Afterall, Naruto is competing with top series like Heroes and Lost. Avatar: the last airbender is the only cartoon that is better than Naruto in my humble opinion.
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by grafikdon: 3:53am On Dec 21, 2007
Somebody looks at Naruto and belives it is BETTER than Death Note? say what? Oh well, I guess we all have our preferences. . .heck, Samurai 7 is better than Naruto and Death Note beats both Naruto and Samurai 7. Btw, Anyone seen Samurai 7? Wow! I watched the entire 26 episodes in just three days shocked shocked shocked and that was another eye popper. I didn't pay much attention to it since i am easily turned off by mech and giant robot stuff but the moment I watched a couple of episodes. . .wow! I have never seen a perfect blend of humour, action and romance. . . wow! Still like Death Note more though grin
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by icezik1(m): 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2007
I've watched Samurai 7 and it was interesting in the begining but eventually became boring. Naruto has been on TV for over 5 years and is still rocking. How many people have heard of Deathnote and then how many have heard of Naruto? You can't compare!
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by echowords(m): 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2007
i've seen 3 episodes of samurai 7 though i have a few more i've not had time for.
deathnote is the best anime i've ever seen followed by samurai champloo and maybe full metal alchemist.
most useless anime now is kiba (i' have 57 episodes of this anime but couldn't stand it just after 3 episodes so i quit watching). anyone seen basilisk great stuff, naruto is trash but funny sha!

off topic- anyone heard of the new resident evil CGI movie coming out next year? it's so going to kill FF7 (graphic that is!!)
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by grafikdon: 1:08am On Dec 27, 2007
Resident Evil in 3D shocked shocked shocked shocked I gotta check it out!
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2008
yeaah i watched death note, amaazing anime loved every bit of it! cheesy
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by echowords(m): 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2008
(bored shitless) undecided

About time we start talking about other animes except naruto bleach and DN.
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by grafikdon: 12:39am On Jan 05, 2008
But the thread is about DN grin grin

There's always Kiddie Grade and Samurai 7. Watched the first Episode of Afro Samurai but it didn't do it for me. Maybe I should just suck it up and see about three more episodes before I jump to any conclusion, but honestly speaking, the first episode just didn't do it for me. After it was over my only expression was "WTF?".
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by echowords(m): 11:29pm On Mar 02, 2008
wow, different strokes for different folks. anyway i started from episode 2 from there i downloaded the rest.
i never start an anime from the first episode. it's usually dull. what's up no ones talking about devil may cry anime any more
was it that wacked.
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by HRhotness(f): 11:38pm On Mar 02, 2008
Anyone seen Full Metal Alchemist

@mikkyphp
I'm surprised its not on ur list
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by grafikdon: 2:31am On Mar 03, 2008
HR.hotness:

Anyone seen Full Metal Alchemist

@mikkyphp
I'm surprised its not on your list

Full Metal Alchemist is one of the best anime out there. I discovered that by accident because I wasn't really drawn in by the first episode. Out of curiosity I took a peek at more episodes and by the time I got to episode 4, they got me hooked like like a crackpot - - - took me a couple of days to go through the entire episodes and it was worth the wait.

Another one would recommend is 'Rumbling Hearts'. I must say I never believed there'd come a day when I would actually sit down and watch a lovey-dovey-Mills-and-boom horse shyte- - - grin They got me good with that one and I can't deny it.

Samurai 7
Rumbling Hearts
Rouroni Kenshin (aka Samurai X)
Full Metal Alchemist (wow, wow, WOOOWWWW)
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by pein(m): 6:11am On Mar 03, 2008
echowords:

wow, different strokes for different folks. anyway i started from episode 2 from there i downloaded the rest.
i never start an anime from the first episode. it's usually dull. what's up no ones talking about devil may cry anime any more
was it that wacked.

yep!devil may cry was wack no matter what ppl might say cuz of the love for the game.i am a fan of the games,even playing DMC4 now but man the anime was terrible cry 12or 13 episodes of full out wack.God! can't believe I put myself thru this Fcukery!an thats coming from someone who's been watching animes for the better part of 15 years
Re: Death Note: Excellent Manga And Anime by grafikdon: 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2008
pein:

yes!devil may cry was wack no matter what people might say because of the love for the game.i am a fan of the games,even playing DMC4 now but man the anime was terrible cry 12or 13 episodes of full out wack.[b]God! can't believe I put myself through this Fcukery![/b]an thats coming from someone who's been watching animes for the better part of 15 years

grin grin grin Chei!!! That anime musta sucked like 50 cent dancing ballet in Times Square- - -

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sleepy Hollow Fan Page / How To Get Away With Murder (htgawm) Fan Page - Season 3 Is Out / 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.