Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,706 members, 7,802,101 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Incompatibility Destroyed My Marriage Not My Career- Ini Edo - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Incompatibility Destroyed My Marriage Not My Career- Ini Edo (592 Views)

Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! / How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Incompatibility Destroyed My Marriage Not My Career- Ini Edo by Niftyrules(m): 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
NOLLYWOOD actress, Ini Edo, has opened up about her marriage, saying she has no regret breaking up with her husband of six years.

Ini Edo got married to an American-based Nigerian businessman, Phillip Ehiagwina in 2008. She walked out of the marriage in September 2014, following accusations of domestic violence and cheating.

The 35-year-old actress married her estranged husband in a glamorous ceremony in 2008. She allegedly suffered three miscarriages and several issues before she called it quits.

Actress Ini Edo has opened up about her failed marriage in a recent interview with on Rubbing Minds

When asked to address insinuations that her marriage crashed because she picked her career over family and refused to move to the US where her ex-resided, Ini Edo said;

“First of all, I got married early because I wanted to have a family so anybody wouldn’t think that I would want to choose career over a family in as much as my career is also very important. Basically, there would never be a particular reason. You know how these things work. It's like I said, differences. I mean, incompatibility. Not being able to reach certain compromises or finding common ground.
You know when you’re with someone, even your work partner, if you cannot find common ground or agree on certain things….sighs “she said

When asked if she was too young to get married, Ini said

“No I don’t think I married too soon. I was pretty much of age. Maybe a little in a hurry. I don’t think I married too soon” she said.

Asked whether distance ruined their marriage, she said

Also read this: #WhereIsBuhari: Nigerians demand to see the president
“Being together actually helps in understanding. It creates more platform to understand each other more. Maybe it would have helped. Distance plays a very important role in a relationship, no matter the difference or incompatibility, if you are together a lot, you can find a way to work things out’she said

Asked if her ex-husband ever complained about her job, a hesitant Ini Edo said

“He met me an actor so I want to believe he was okay with it. Naturally, I mean. Of course. My work takes my time. It does take my time. It appears” she said Asked if she regrets her crashed marriage, she said “I try not to regret my actions so I will say it has been an experience which I have learnt a lot from. It’s made me a stronger person, it’s made me wiser and I think it has actually made me more matured. So I won’t say that I regret anything; I’ll say that I have learnt my lesson” she said.

http:///2sjrZRA

Re: Incompatibility Destroyed My Marriage Not My Career- Ini Edo by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
Marriage is the greatest career. It is built by God and matured and consenting couple.
Re: Incompatibility Destroyed My Marriage Not My Career- Ini Edo by Theyveedo(m): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
I

(1) (Reply)

Biomedical Engineer Interview / School For The Rich / Fresh Science Graduates For Well Testing Trainees Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.