Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? (8502 Views)

What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? / Toyin Saraki Speaks At United Nations Event... See Photos / Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2010
The trend here has always been about bashing the leaders in government for not putting up electricity, roads or whatever, but I think we need to pause a while and take a wider perspective. Why are all the black nations both in and outside africa complaining of lacking the basic necessities of life? Is this supposed to be a curse or what? The black colour sometimes expresses horror, saddness and evil, and the black skin corresponds to this. What really happened during creation of blacks?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Kenezi: 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2010
Nigeria isn't poor.

1 Like

Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by ElRazur: 8:35pm On Jan 20, 2010
Speak for yourself. I am not poor. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by otawa: 9:40pm On Jan 20, 2010
The black colour sometimes expresses horror, saddness and evil, and the black skin corresponds to this. What really happened during creation of blacks?

actually I have never seen anyone that is BLACK.

where did you see those?
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by chiketee(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2010
black people are still living in bondage. majority of us believe our destiny is in God's hands, not knowing God has given us more than everything to map out our own destiny ourselves. therefore we dont really fight for anything cos we believe it should be given to us on a platter of gold. PLUS our mentality really sucks big time, we are so shallow minded dat we leave no room for development. the most annoying thing is that black africans actually claim to be the most morally upright, we r the kind dat would hypocritically stone an aldulterer to death yet we r amongst the most corrupt ppl in world, look at 9ja for an example

2 Likes

Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by ElRazur: 9:49pm On Jan 20, 2010
otawa:

actually I have never seen anyone that is BLACK.

where did you see those?

Erm for the purpose of this debate and widely accepted classification. Black people exist. Jeez. grin
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by morpheus24: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2010
eina:

The trend here has always been about bashing the leaders in government for not putting up electricity, roads or whatever, but I think we need to pause a while and take a wider perspective. Why are all the black nations both in and outside africa complaining of lacking the basic necessities of life? Is this supposed to be a curse or what The black colour sometimes expresses horror, saddness and evil, and the black skin corresponds to this. What really happened during creation of blacks?

You shuld ask why they are poor now as compared to 1000 years ago maybe you'll get your answer there?

as far as black colour expressing anything. I think you are not very bright in making that statement.

Black is a symbol of mourning and bereavement in Western societies, especially at funerals and memorial services. In some traditional societies, within for example Greece and Italy, widows wear black for the rest of their lives. In contrast, across much of Africa and parts of Asia, white is a color of mourning and is worn during funerals.
In[b] English heraldry[/b], black means darkness, doubt, ignorance, and uncertainty.[4]
In the Maasai tribes of Kenya and Tanzania, the color black is associated with rain clouds, a symbol of life and prosperity.
Native Americans associated black with the life-giving soil.
The Hindu deity Krishna means "the black one".
The medieval Christian sect known as the Cathars viewed[b] black [/b] as a color of perfection.
The Rastafari movement sees black as beautiful.
In the Japanese culture, Black is associated with honor, not death with the white color being associated with death.
Economy

You really need to read more my bro!
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by strangleyo: 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
Because.

Culture is regressive.

It's a culture that worships foreign.

Foreign religions. Foreign goods. Foreign Languages. Etc.

Especially religion. Religion is mental slavery. In the south they are slaves to Jesus, in the north they are slaves to Mohammed.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by oderemo(m): 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2010
black people are still living in bondage

nolywood again. staring kate henshaw. emeka . crepy. richard. what a flick.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by chiketee(m): 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
ode remo:

nolywood again. staring kate henshaw. emeka . crepy. richard. what a flick.
ode remo. u be serious ode. cant u be serious grin
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by oderemo(m): 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2010
ode remo. u be serious ode. cant u be serious

cant take poster serious on such a sweeping generalisation on all black nation being poor. to start with poor in what sense , mentally, spiritually , economically or what. i don't think the poster knows about botswan, for example.
are they not black.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2010
@morpheus24. why was it difficult for you to note that I said "sometimes" or rather in some cases the black colour signifies horror and saddness especially in the view an artist. I never said it was a general definition of the black colour.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by morpheus24: 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2010
eina:

@morpheus24. why was it difficult for you to note that I said "sometimes" or rather in some cases the black colour signifies horror and saddness especially in the view an artist. I never said it was a general definition of the black colour.
@eina
but you were implying it by stating only its negative connotations.

The only function of black and brown hues on the skin of human beings is based on the amount of melanis they produce as nature' selection. It has nothing to do with anything else.

There is no coincidence why dark people come from the hottest and most tropical regions of the world.

If you want to discuss poverty in Africa please leave the color of any human being skin out ofthe discussion. it only skews the matter
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by oderemo(m): 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
If you want to discuss poverty in Africa please leave the color of any human being skin out ofthe discussion. it only skews the matter

GBAM. GBAM. cool cool cool
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Sunofgod(m): 10:32pm On Jan 20, 2010
Poor in what way?

Most 'white countries' are morally bankrupt - FACT.

Most 'white countries' are also financially bankrupt - FACT

Most 'white countries' are also culturally bankrupt - FACT

Compare the national debt of some of these so called rich white nations - In the UK its hundreds of billions and in the US its in the trillions (Thousands of billions)

How many western countries faced economoc collapse last year? How many were bailed out by their governments or more accurately the tax payers (citizens) of the countries who had no choice but to accept what was imposed on them.

They have accepted slavery (repayment of the debts through taxation) - And are yet to know it because most are 'dim' and dont understand they are the collateral for the debts incurred by their governments.

Nigeria does not have such debts - our external debts are miniscule when compared.

Asking such a question is without knowing the answer is an expression of ignorance.

I wouldn't swap with them for anything - We are much better of despite what you think.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by strangleyo: 10:43pm On Jan 20, 2010
Sun of god:

Poor in what way?

Most 'white countries' are morally bankrupt - FACT.

Most 'white countries' are also financially bankrupt - FACT

Most 'white countries' are also culturally bankrupt - FACT

Compare the national debt of some of these so called rich white nations - In the UK its hundreds of billions and in the US its in the trillions (Thousands of billions)

How many western countries faced economoc collapse last year? How many were bailed out by their governments or more accurately the tax payers (citizens) of the countries who had no choice but to accept what was imposed on them.

They have accepted slavery (repayment of the debts through taxation) - And are yet to know it because most are 'dim' and dont understand they are the collateral for the debts incurred by their governments.

Nigeria does not have such debts - our external debts are miniscule when compared.

Asking such a question is without knowing the answer is an expression of ignorance.

I wouldn't swap with them for anything - We are much better of despite what you think.

Don't pretend like we're morally superior to them.

When was the last time 200 British or Americans were killed because of secterian clashes?

Typical Nigerian idioticy.

Trying to deflect the question.

White countries bankrupt?

Even poor ass Russia has running water and a proper sewage system.

Leaders skimming 90% of the money isn't morally bakrupt?

Selling women to slavery isn't morally bankrupt?
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by otawa: 10:52pm On Jan 20, 2010
Erm for the purpose of this debate and widely accepted classification. Black people exist. Jeez.

may be in your head, black people exist, surely not in this world.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Sunofgod(m): 10:56pm On Jan 20, 2010
strangleyo (Coconut)

How many Nigerian soldiers are butchered daily in foreign lands?

Russia's infrastructure was put in place over decades and under communist rule - When communism fell wide spread corruption followed and 'oligarchs' emerged. When you compare the coutries natural resources with there growth then its fair to say they have achieved little - equality does not exists in Russia. How many of them have fled to the UK, and US in fear of their government (mafia men like putin)

As for skimming 90% of the money - that same money is normally deposited in the west and without it the west would have crumbled decades ago.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Tsiya(m): 10:56pm On Jan 20, 2010
I think, I am not sure, the poster is trying to point towards the fact that most countries populated by black people have very low standard of living, lack basic health care and sanitation in comparison to other countries populated by non black people.

Let us not be over reactionary here but rather look at his comments in a rational way
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 20, 2010
You can't prosper with bad government set-up.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by MandingoII(m): 11:11pm On Jan 20, 2010
Because

Black countries and MANY other countries around the globe are USED to produce RAW goods on the cheap for the Wealthy Countries.

FACT!

This planet needs a MAJOR catastrophe in the European and American Continents to CHANGE this phenomena

They (the whites) are NOT about to give it up.  They are VERY VERY GREEDY.

All I can tell you is to FIND some place on this fugged up planet where you can live happy and in peace.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by olabukola: 11:17pm On Jan 20, 2010
ElRazur:

Speak for yourself. I am not poor. smiley
Are u a black nation? why can't you think b4 writting.

1 Like

Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Sunofgod(m): 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2010
A major 'catastrophe' will kill blacks as well as whites - so that's not an option.

However, this if this global warming scam could actually be brought into such a reality where upon people of white skin due to their skins weakness against Ultra Violet radiation naturally become extinct from this earth.

This could theoretically happen through cancers etc as their skin lacks melanin and therefore a natural defence against the effects of Ultra Viloet light?
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Tsiya(m): 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2010
Sun of god:

A major 'catastrophe' will kill blacks as well as whites - so that's not an option.

However, this if this global warming scam could actually be brought into such a reality where upon people of white skin due to their skins weakness against Ultra Violet radiation naturally become extinct from this earth.

This could theoretically happen through cancers etc as their skin lacks melanin and therefore a natural defence against the effects of Ultra Viloet light?

But you know those devils will invent some vaccine to jab themselves with melanine at the birth. They can do that.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Abagworo(m): 12:26am On Jan 21, 2010
i'm rich

i'm rich

i'm filthy f*****king rich

f**k all dem white a*******

i'm richer than bill gates

in spirit lol!
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by strangleyo: 12:43am On Jan 21, 2010
Sun of god:

strangleyo (Coconut)

How many Nigerian soldiers are butchered daily in foreign lands?

Russia's infrastructure was put in place over decades and under communist rule - When communism fell wide spread corruption followed and 'oligarchs' emerged. When you compare the coutries natural resources with there growth then its fair to say they have achieved little - equality does not exists in Russia. How many of them have fled to the UK, and US in fear of their government (mafia men like putin)

As for skimming 90% of the money - that same money is normally deposited in the west and without it the west would have crumbled decades ago.

Lets be honest. We bleeped up ourselves and we must work to get out of this conundrum.

If the Japs and the Chinese could get out of it, we can too.

But right now we're culturally messed up.

Just look at Jos, you can't tell me that Jos happened because of the West.

1 Like

Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 21, 2010
not all black nations are poor though many are.

Why are all the black nations both in and outside africa complaining of lacking the basic necessities of life?

because they complain more, thats all. Nigerians especially.

There are non-black nations that lack basic necessities of life, but you dont hear about them because they dont complain as much.

as per the rest of your post- <<shrugs>>
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 21, 2010
it's easy to continue with the same trash when you find yourself in good company. That's the problem of black nations; there aren't many profile builders or role models.
This doesn't say anything about black being poor; it says much more about finding causality in trend and status quo which is an attribute of reason (Kant).
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by ChinenyeN(m): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2010
"Poor" is relative. . . but to answer you're question, I'll ask you this: why are white nations on the earth generally rich?
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by tpia99: 6:21am On Jan 03, 2015
Oloun lo mo.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by MrAkata: 11:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
Black people have been "conditioned " through colonialisn and slavery to compete with one another. We were punished for collaborating with one another. This mental disease exist in all black people scattered around the world. We will step on a black man to get closer to whiteness which we've been c conditioned to believe is the epitome of success.

No other race does this

The Indian will always choose to work with Indians

The Chinese will always steal from the white man for the betterment of china

The Jew will always seek out other Jews

Blacks will sell blacks for trinkets from the oyinbo in order to seek the white mans approval

1 Like

Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Litmus: 12:40am On Aug 19, 2020
In the 80's or 90's US was in the market for lobsters, Nigeria gave them lobsters, loads of the stuff and, shortly, US and other producers bulked at the competition from Nigeria. Next, it was declared that Nigerian lobsters were polluted, and that was the end of that for Nigeria. Similar happened with wheat, if memory serves me well, this was in the late 80's, i was young, and so I rather caught the news in the peripheries of my young awareness of life outside fun. I believe US threatened Nigeria, something to do with, balance of trade, i.e. US stated Nigeria wasn’t buying as much from the US as the US was buying from Nigeria.

I guess I’m stating that world trade somewhat sanctions Africa, which is why Fair Trade products came to be. Some of this accounts for Africa’s relative poverty.

Read up on Politics of Hunger where you will learn how in Agriculture, for instance, by EU, America, Asia and South America sanctioning what African nations can sell in the international market, African nations find themselves growing a narrow range of stuff. Since the range is narrow, many African nations grow the same or similar produce that then creates a glut, driving down prices for thire goods.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attackers Kill 9 Construction Workers’ In Maiduguri / Ambode Attends German-african Business Summit In Kenya (photos) / Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.