Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,382 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria (19957 Views)

Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? / The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate / 7 “downsides” Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
ireneidiva:

Rubbish. Pity party.

OK...good afternoon ma.
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Oluwapresley(m): 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
ghat
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2017
9jakohai:
OP:

The main issue is the neglect of technical education in Nigeria.....and the way and manner people look down on them in this country.

Everyone wants to be a university grad. As a result...we have too many university grads for too few white collar jobs. And you have to skill up to even have a chance of getting a job.

Meanwhile...we don't have enough technical people.

I like your post...but who do we blame ..The society or parents..The truth is that so many Nigerian youth have been brain washed...They thought having degree is going to bring them money because of the campaign from parents..Nigerian government also neglected and never embrace technical schools...Have you ever thought of it,why the Japanese,Germans and so many western countries economies are doing good...simply because they value technical education than white collar jobs..

Someone who studied Industrial chemistry or micro biology in Nigeria or even psychology tell me what do u wanna do with it in that kinda society ...?

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by cooltola(m): 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2017
Education is key.Stop complaining, boss up and face reality. When life get tough, get tougher. Everyone starts from somewhere , it was not suppose to be easy.

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2017
generalbush:
Hi, I am just a graduate in Nigeria. I will come back to what my name is; but right now, I type with so much anger. I guess you must have read;

http://topwritersden.com/open-letter-of-a-working-graduate-to-his-jobless-past/

I thought to be a graduate was great and the best thing that could happen to anyone, but was I right? I look back and wonder what the average life of a graduate in Nigeria is all about.

I guess we all heard “Go to school, graduate, get a good job and live the life of your dreams.” My mom always reminded me of that every morning just before I headed to the school bus that took me to my primary school back then.

I always thought that going to school was the best thing that happened to me as a kid, but I guess it wasn’t all about going to school. All my days in school, I always read hard just because I wanted to create a bright future for myself. I topped the class in brilliantly and felt that all those who performed poorly were all gonna be failures in life.

I passed my entire primary school exam and found myself entering the secondary school in style. I faced a battle of never failing in secondary school, or else I would fail out of the most prestigious school in the city. I struggled and passed all my papers, after which my only hurdle was the WAEC exam and the JAMB exam. I told myself that the good life that mom promised me if I could pass my WAEC and enter the university was getting closer, and all I needed was the focus. I motivated myself and I cleared the exam.

I kept awake all night preparing for my jamb exam, and I never allowed the midnight candle die down. I finally made it to the university; let us say a private university. I couldn’t make it to the federal or state universities, so I had to settle for something bigger.

“If you don’t graduate you will become a failure in life” was the anthem always played by our lecturers in school. I never allowed my GPA to go less than a Second Class Upper. Not because I wanted to be the best, but I just wanted to get that dream job the moment I set my feet outside the school campus.

I finally graduated, went for the National Youth Service, under the rain, and in the sun, with dedication and selflessness, I served Nigeria.

Just when I was done with my national youth service, I had neglected every call to add a skill to my life. I picked up my expensive suit, shoe, tie and a Gucci bag to compliment my dressing. Just as I was about to set out, I was reminded by someone that there are over 2 million graduates searching for the same job I wanted to set out to search for.

With my mouth agape and my eyes widely open, all I could ask was “Are they also graduates like me?”

Sorry I forgot to introduce myself; “I am just a second class upper Engineering average graduate in Nigeria”

I am so sorry that my title is long; it is only replacing the long salary I anticipated as an Engineering Graduate in Nigeria. I will be right back to right more, but I need to search the internet for new job vacancies.

Keep in Touch for my Next Article titled “The Scam Called; Education in Nigeria”

You'll be right back to "right" more and you're still whinning about your jobless status.Quit complaining and try to discover your potentials.

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by dayus12(f): 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2017
Iloveafrica:
THIS HARDSHIP NO BE JOKE O!
See a recent application letter from a friend..
No.3 ekpetu street
P.o.Box 172,
Ijola,Lagos,
Nigeria.
9th may,2017.
Dear Sir,
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
I refer to the recent death of the accountant at your office and hereby apply for the job as a replacement of the dead accountant.
Each time I apply for employment, I get a reply that there is no vacancy but in this case, I have caught you red handed and you have no excuse because while I was in my hometown for holidays I heard the good news about his death so i quickly rushed back to attend the funeral to be sure that he was truly dead before applying.
Attached to my letter is a copy of my CV and his obituary sticker,his obituary T shirt,his death certificate,his obituary poster and the picture of his coffin as proof of vacancy.
You can't lie to me this time. GIVE ME THE JOB.
Thank you,
Yours faithfully,
Chukwuebuka Ayo Umar

Lolz

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Yteflon(m): 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2017
Evathyst:
I'm completely speechless! Maybe the person below me has something reasonable to say sha.

Meanwhile, can anyone tell me who farted in the picture below? Correct answer will attract a 'blow*job' from me. tongue
the woman with beret
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by livinbygrace: 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
Nothing special about being a graduate now in Nigeria.Just go to school get your certificate and if you Your surname does not have weight or you dont have any backup ,start learning any trade,skill or enter street to join the hursling.

1 Like

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by JSmart4u(m): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
[quote author=Wiseandtrue post=57348375]
[ undecidedquote] author=generalbush post=57344288]Hi, I am just a graduate in Nigeria. I will come back to what my name is;
I topped the class in brilliantly brilliancy and felt that all those who performed poorly were all gonna be failures in life.

I will be right back to right write more, but I need to search the internet for new job vacancies.

Keep in Touch for my Next Article titled “The Scam Called; Education in Nigeria”

Abeg you too,stop your informal gloating of being more enlightened or should i say educated. understand the writer's point before correcting all his mispelt words,he could be using the auto correction features which are relatively common.

Being a graduate isn't a guarantee for wealth,especially in a country such as Nigeria. I'm sure that's his point exactly. Many of us are guilty of such notion,that you'll be wealthy when you become a graduate,thereby neglecting other opportunities whenever they may arise. You can't learn from others,when you always find fault in whatever they stipulate. Always look at the positive side of a story,most of us aren't dumb not to see the few errors,but the wise one tries to understand the full picture before making insinuations.
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by hernandson(m): 1:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
Evathyst:
I'm completely speechless! Maybe the person below me has something reasonable to say sha.

Meanwhile, can anyone tell me who farted in the picture below? Correct answer will attract a 'blow*job' from me. tongue
em pishure of you giving one before or idonbliv you
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Student125(m): 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
First we need to change our orientation in this country
Secondly, our problem in this country is selfishness.
Orientation about many things ranging from
1) discovering what you hav passion for
2) university is not for everybody(mainly for researchers)
3) government cannot provide everything
4) everything is not all about money
5) invest and give the investment time to mature bfre expecting great fortune
6) support partnership, sole proprietorship kills business after the death of the owner.
7) Add urs cuz they are enormous.
Selfishness cuz many people will advice you to learn something and they still want to get free services from you.
goto graphics section and you will c lots of pple looking for free services for their business. imagine looking for free service from someone's business to promote ur business that you want to get profit from.
in fact that's wickedness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by HeGeMon(m): 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
Come to think abt it, Hw fa d Mouth Gig na wink
Evathyst:

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by hernandson(m): 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
am still an undergraduate and am planning how to be an entrepreneur in fishery....education is the key to many things, buh in Nigeria the government have changed the padlock

1 Like

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
[quote author=JSmart4u post=57349661][/quote]
Who thief you bread

My dear I am not finding faults with you, only making you come to terms with reality shocked shocked

You better learn from people who have better things to say and stop confusing yourself undecided

The poster above for instance is making a sense!
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by pahen1991: 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
there is no work
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by anselm791(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
please is practicing medicine not a skill? why are they still jobless?
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by casspersteve: 2:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
gurunlocker:
Posts I see on here these days makes me have doubt of furthering my education....
as if u they my mind....i just weak

1 Like

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by JSmart4u(m): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Who thief you bread

My dear I am not finding faults with you, only making you come to terms with reality shocked shocked

You better learn from people who have better things to say and stop confusing yourself undecided

The poster above for instance is making a sense!

What are you even saying?? I never said you are making faults what what i'm saying,rather i'm staying stop correcting the poster with the notion that you know better than him. We all saw few errors made by the poster,but we chose to be silent. I supported the poster's ideology,that being a graduate doesn't mean you'll be wealthy,not bashing him the way you did.
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Gwan2(m): 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
Remix10:
why are engineering guys usually jobless? or most of them in banks?
They were engineered to be employees rather than employers..

1 Like

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by bosstony(m): 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hmm
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Actuarydeji(m): 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2017
alaricsaltzman:
Learn a skill, develop yourself and employers will be looking for you!!
Like seriously
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by JSmart4u(m): 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2017
alaricsaltzman:
Learn a skill, develop yourself and employers will be looking for you!!

They'll employ you alright,but be ready to recieve peanuts without a proper qualification
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by sekem: 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
Shame on you

You are a graduate of Engineering and you are still complaining of inadequate power supply in the country

Sorry OP

I wasn't talking to you

I am actually talking to myself

You see, I too, I am a Nigerian graduate of Engineering

Electrical Engineering to be precise

3 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Celsony: 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2017
Evathyst:

So na you dey give BJ ba. grin grin cheesy grin shocked
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by VickyRotex(f): 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
Nigeria can be better. We are rich enough to be better...But the cowardice of you youths is just too much. Too foolish and too docile.

Why can't you fools organise a massive protest and demand for a good life..No, cowards.

One nairaland created a unique topic "9ja has killed me or something like that"...a perfect opportunity for youths to join hands and take over their country...what did you fools do, you started begging like beggars.

Tuface attempted the same thing, but what happened, the spirit of cowardice raised its ugly head again.

Unemployment is skyrocketing, there is hunger everywhere..frustrations everywhere...95% of Ngraduates are either unemployed or underemployed...and you active youths are there behaving like goats and gambling away your futures. Pigs!

You know you can actually give your advise neatly, without name calling or insults?

3 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by jayjay00(m): 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
Evathyst:

The Bros behind the guy on pink
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
Evathyst:

the lady at the middle front roll because 1 she is a lady 2 she acted too scary to divert the suspicion of others.now my Mouth Action,am waiting
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by joyAA(f): 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2017
So you even had Gucci shoe before you started working cheesy cheesy
naaa, where is that my whistle?? grin grin grin grin
tongue tongue undecided
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by Aromas: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:
Eyah

The problem is that Nigerians especially the youth can't/don't think, Everybody is busy going to school because they want to graduate and FIND A JOB and that's mental slavery on its own..we have more bankers than banks,more teachers than school and so on

Find something you're passionate about then get educated about that thing....that's all you need to survive,we need to start producing leaders( creative thinkers) and not followers( job seekers carrying cv from one office to another)

Shikena!

Nice comment, permitted to copy?
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by patosky3310(m): 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
God has been good to me. I never stayed at home for up to two months before I landed my first job after NYSC. Though I started small with a small private school. Today, I am with a big boarding school. I made a CGPA of 3.42 in my first degree.
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by dlondonbadboy: 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2017
VickyRotex:

You know you can actually give your advise neatly, without name calling or insults?

If you don't insult Nigerians..they won't move..

Experience taught me that..
Re: The Life Of An Average Graduate In Nigeria by UnimkeAk(m): 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:
Eyah

The problem is that Nigerians especially the youth can't/don't think, Everybody is busy going to school because they want to graduate and FIND A JOB and that's mental slavery on its own..we have more bankers than banks,more teachers than school and so on

Find something you're passionate about then get educated about that thing....that's all you need to survive,we need to start producing leaders( creative thinkers) and not followers( job seekers carrying cv from one office to another)

Shikena!
Who told u that a person cannot get an education, a passion or skill at the same time.

U guys should stop blaming education for ur lack of foresight to see that the world has evolved.

Having an education, a technical and needed skill (not just any kind of skill) in ur choosen field is the best thing that can happen to any engineering grad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2016 Npower Beneficiaries To Be Enhanced - Npower / N-power Agro Assessment Test Ends August 1, Teach Starts August 2 / 774,000 Jobs: PDP Lawmakers Reject 30 Slots Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.