Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa (32934 Views)

I Prepared Jollof Rice For New Year / African Jollof Rice / African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Reward Announced For Best Cook In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by makydebbie(f): 9:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
HauteReel:
Makydebbie ...come and cook jollof rice. I'll give you moral support and we'll share the prize money.... 50-50. You in? grin
No. Cheat! I can give myself moral support. undecided
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by jaysG(m): 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2017
technicallyrich:
How can I context please.
I will simply go to the bathroom and wash my juicy puisy and use the water to cook the rice.it will be so so sweet.then when I win I will use the 5k dollars to open a bussiness and use my fame go into acting,music or follow big boys that will pay me millions to even see my pant.
o baje
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by davidif: 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
Celcius:

http://thenationonlineng.net/5000-prize-best-jollof-rice-cook-africa/

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo Awesome. Why didn't anyone think of this before instead of fighting online with the Ghaniains why not just settle it in the kitchen. Heck this should be a tv about what African country has the best cooks or dishes.

In addition to that, why not create a cooking competition between the states or different ethnic groups in Nigeria about who has the best traditional dishes (and they must be unique to your tribe). That would be something i will like to watch.
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 10, 2017
I swear Africans annoy me sometimes. So we don't have bigger problems than to fight over jollof? undecided
Any well educated logical thinking person would know that it is silly to attribute the "best jollof" to one country because it will obviously taste different (bad, average Or good) depending on the cook! Even in Nigeria alone, the recipe varies between different people. By this dumb logic, if I go to America and buy fries that taste too salty, it's safe to say American fries are salty? Come on people! Open your eyes, jollof rice is not our problem. Hian
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 10, 2017
makydebbie:
No. Cheat! I can give myself moral support. undecided

Everyone needs moral support sometime. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 10, 2017
trustyshoess:
I swear Africans annoy me sometimes. So we don't have bigger problems than to fight over jollof? undecided
Any well educated logical thinking person would know that it is silly to attribute the "best jollof" to one country because it will obviously taste different (bad, average Or good) depending on the cook! Even in Nigeria alone, the recipe varies between different people. By this dumb logic, if I go to America and buy fries that taste too salty, it's safe to say American fries are salty? Come on people! Open your eyes, jollof rice is not our problem. Hian

We get your point, but you made it seem like you're Einstein while every other african is goofy. So jollof rice is not our problem? Who could have thought! All these years of blaming our woes on jollof rice. We really need to apologize to jollof rice. Perhaps we should bow to jollof rice while we're at it? Smh
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by ewa26: 12:31am On Jun 10, 2017
IGBO YORUBA JOULOF RICE WAT DIFFERENCE PLEASE
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by ewa26: 12:31am On Jun 10, 2017
trustyshoess:
ok how do people prepare joulof rice differently in Nigeria, way tribe will cook it best and worst
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by yehmy(m): 1:21am On Jun 10, 2017
trustyshoess:
the energy you have in you, we can actually use it for a good cause.
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by LordCzar202: 7:28am On Jun 10, 2017
Empredboy:
either you show us a picture of a step by step preparation of your prepared jollof rice or your boyfriend confirms it
Well, you better believe it... her jollof not just gives my taste buds orgasmic sensations... it results in assgasm that is always my money's worth.

1 Like

Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by joeharris10: 7:44am On Jun 10, 2017
Hope d are starting today cos am interested grin
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Empredboy(m): 7:47am On Jun 10, 2017
LordCzar202:

Well, you better believe it... her jollof not just gives my taste buds orgasmic sensations... it results in assgasm that is always my money's worth.
you no well grin
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by chrisseun(m): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 10, 2017
HauteReel:

We get your point, but you made it seem like you're Einstein while every other african is goofy. So jollof rice is not our problem? Who could have thought! All these years of blaming our woes on jollof rice. We really need to apologize to jollof rice. Perhaps we should bow to jollof rice while we're at it? Smh
Lol if you think logical thinking is Einstein then that's your problem. If you go on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, you'll see west Africans especially Nigerians and Ghanaians insulting themselves bitterly over what? Jollof rice? I'm tired of it! If you don't think it's silly then maybe you're just as ridiculous as the rest of them
kind
"Einstein"
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 10, 2017
yehmy:

the energy you have in you, we can actually use it for a good cause.
You nko? Which good cause have you used yours for? Abi Na only me get energy abi?
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 10, 2017
ewa26:
ok how do people prepare joulof rice differently in Nigeria, way tribe will cook it best and worst
Obviously there is a general recipe. I know some people use curry, some don't. Some people use bay leaves, some don't. In my house, we use bell peppers, some people dont. It varies from place to place and from cook to cook. It would be unfair for a Ghanaian to visit and taste poorly made jollof from a bad cook in Nigeria and then conclude that Nigerian jollof tastes bad.
The whole argument is just silly
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by yehmy(m): 10:30am On Jun 10, 2017
trustyshoess:

You nko? Which good cause have you used yours for? Abi Na only me get energy abi?
Sighz was reading this with a harsh tone. it's all good.
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2017
yehmy:
Sighz was reading this with a harsh tone. it's all good.
It wasn't written in a harsh tone lol. I usually don't check monikers before I reply to mentions. If I feel like someone is coming at me rudely, I talk right back. I used the same tone as you did
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Aleora(f): 10:44am On Jun 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin

No naija girl can win this...

All they can cook is Indomie
you mean your sisters dont know how to cook?chai atleast thy tried their best feeding you with indomie......
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
trustyshoess:

Lol if you think logical thinking is Einstein then that's your problem. If you go on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, you'll see west Africans especially Nigerians and Ghanaians insulting themselves bitterly over what? Jollof rice? I'm tired of it! If you don't think it's silly then maybe you're just as ridiculous as the rest of them
kind
"Einstein"

Yeah, he was eccentric at times but he proved E=mc^2. What can be more logical than that?

I know africans waste so much time discussing trivialities like jollof rice, BBN, baby mamas' etc...and I'm just as passionate about Africa getting on her feet as you are; but ranting is not the way to go about it. Personally, I have plans for Africa. Do you? Think about that.
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2017
HauteReel:

Yeah, he was eccentric at times but he proved E=mc^2. What can be more logical than that?

I know africans waste so much time discussing trivialities like jollof rice, BBN, baby mamas' etc...and I'm just as passionate about Africa getting on her feet as you are; but ranting is not the way to go about it. Personally, I have plans for Africa. Do you? Think about that.
And how do you know that I don't have plans for Africa huh? While you're judging me for my so called rant, why don't you use your precious time to put your plans to fruition. You're doing the exact same thing. I shared my opinion without mentioning anyone for a reason. The comment section does not run out, so state your opinion like I stated mine without mentioning me. Thanks
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
trustyshoess:

And how do you know that I don't have plans for Africa huh? While you're judging me for my so called rant, why don't you use your precious time to put your plans to fruition. You're doing the exact same thing. I shared my opinion without mentioning anyone for a reason. The comment section does not run out, so state your opinion like I stated mine without mentioning me. Thanks

Just in case you forgot, this is a public forum. Smh!
I wasn't just mentioning you, I was defending Africa from an "aggressor". And that, I will always do. So you best get used to it. tongue
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
HauteReel:

Just in case you forgot, this is a public forum. Smh!
I wasn't just mentioning you, I was defending Africa from an "aggressor". And that, I will always do. So you best get used to it. tongue
Defending Africa indeed. So telling people to stop this stupid jollof argument makes me an aggressor? I can see you're just trynna be as annoying as possible. You've succeeded. Don't mention me again.
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
trustyshoess:

Defending Africa indeed. So telling people to stop this stupid jollof argument makes me an aggressor? I can see you're just trynna be as annoying as possible. You've succeeded. Don't mention me again.

Lol...so I'm the bad guy now? Nah. Okay, be good. And I hope to see you discussing your plans for Africa on satellite television in the near future; else I'll find you, and I'll mention you. angry
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
HauteReel:

Lol...so I'm the bad guy now? Nah. Okay, be good. And I hope to see you discussing your plans for Africa on satellite television in the near future; else I'll find you, and I'll mention you. angry
Please tell me what channel to watch where I can see you duscussing YOUR plans for Africa. Otherwise shut up
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by yehmy(m): 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2017
trustyshoess:

It wasn't written in a harsh tone lol. I usually don't check monikers before I reply to mentions. If I feel like someone is coming at me rudely, I talk right back. I used the same tone as you did
well i meant good with my previous post didn't knew it will sound rude or offensive to you.
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
trustyshoess:

Please tell me what channel to watch where I can see you duscussing YOUR plans for Africa. Otherwise shut up

This isn't funny anymore. Please stop quoting me until you've learnt some manners. Smh! Crazy girl.
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
HauteReel:

This isn't funny anymore. Please stop quoting me until you've learnt some manners. Smh! Crazy girl.
Practice what you preach and get some manners. Nonsense
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 11, 2017
trustyshoess:

Practice what you preach and get some manners. Nonsense

Lol...go and channel your anger into martial arts or something. Phew!
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 11, 2017
HauteReel:

Lol...go and channel your anger into martial arts or something. Phew!
Nope not angry just irritated. You're like a persistent pest that won't go away
How bout you grow tf up
Re: African Jollof Rice Challenge: $5000 Prize For Best Jollof Rice Cook In Africa by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
trustyshoess:

Nope not angry just irritated. You're like a persistent pest that won't go away
How bout you grow tf up

Grow tf up? Says the ranting girl. Very funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eat Healthy! How I Prepare Delicious Nigerian Vegetable Salad, (photos,video) / Oyinbo Woman Drinks Hot Garri For The First Time (Video) / Reasons Why You Should Eat Dinner Early

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.