Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. (2142 Views)

My Toyota Camry 2003 AC Blowing Hot At Driver Side But Cold On Passenger Side. / Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help / 2008 Camry Hybrid 2008 Tail Light Driver Side By DEPO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by Nyceguy92: 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
Please help.
Car is 1996 Camry 2.2l automatic making a clicking sound while driving.

The sound is like that of a new bicycle wheel turning - kick, kick, kick.

It occurs driving straight but gets louder if the wheel is turned slightly to the right. Clicks get slower or faster according to the car speed.

It is not the typical crack crack sound of a bad CV joint thst occurs mostly only while turning. shift fine and movement is good.

When the driver side wheel is jacked up in the neutral gear position and the wheel turned, the click click sound is heard in the region of the inner CV joint area.

Mechanic thought it was from the differential area because it was almost completely empty. Transmission fluid was put in but the sound is still there.

Please I need experts in the house to help figure out this problem for me.
Many thanks.
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by Nyceguy92: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
Do I take it that there are no more auto experts in the house. Or is this one a tough nut to crack?
Please do not disappoint me.
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by hayjayman(m): 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
Drive shift suspected!!!
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by mayor2013: 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2017
Where is the differential on a Camry 1996?
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by mayor2013: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nyceguy92:
Please help.

It occurs driving straight but gets louder if the wheel is turned slightly to the right. Clicks get slower or faster according to the car speed.

It is not the typical crack crack sound of a bad CV joint thst occurs mostly only while turning. shift fine and movement is good.

When the driver side wheel is jacked up in the neutral gear position and the wheel turned, the click click sound is heard in the region of the inner CV joint area.

Mechanic thought it was from the differential area because it was almost completely empty. Transmission fluid was put in but the sound is still there.

Many thanks.

Bring it to to the workshop for a free inspection. Address on my signature
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by Nyceguy92: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
mayor2013:

Bring it to to the workshop for a free inspection. Address on my signature

Thanks for the offer, but the vehicle location is far from you. Any idea what might be the problem?
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by Nyceguy92: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
mayor2013:
Where is the differential on a Camry 1996?

The differential is right inside the gear box as a separate unit. The oil refill hole is on the inderside of the gear box.
You need to jack car up and use a pump or syringe to pump in the oil.
Apart from checking the gear box oil, that one, too, needs to be checked from time to time.
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by Nyceguy92: 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
hayjayman:
Drive shift suspected!!!

What baffles me is that the noise is different from the typical bad drive shaft noise. But the fact that it is louder on turning to the right makes that a possibility.

I tend to think of issues in the inner CVS joint.
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by mayor2013: 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
You would not get that kind of sound from differential area. Have you thoroughly inspected your suspension parts. Best bet have the front tyres suspended. Engage transmission and listen carefully. Any vibration when driving? If am to take a guess check your wheel hubs
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by Nyceguy92: 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
mayor2013:
You would not get that kind of sound from differential area. Have you thoroughly inspected your suspension parts. Best bet have the front tyres suspended. Engage transmission and listen carefully. Any vibration when driving? If am to take a guess check your wheel hubs

Incidentally all the suspension parts were installed few months ago: shocks, suspension links, bars & bushings.

New tyre rods, ball joints, lower control arms, even a rear trailing arm. I do get what feels like occasional bounce in the front end. Tyres still have good threads.

Driver side wheel hub was changed few months ago.
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by hayjayman(m): 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
Guy carry your automobile go give correct auto mechanic and stop all this English language lectures....it's a minor problem...abi you wan make I tell you to service the gear again ?!!
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by mayor2013: 9:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nyceguy92:

Incidentally all the suspension parts were installed few months ago: shocks, suspension links, bars & bushings.

New tyre rods, ball joints, lower control arms, even a rear trailing arm. I do get what feels like occasional bounce in the front end. Tyres still have good threads.

Driver side wheel hub was changed few months ago.

Complete wheel hub or just the bearing? If bearing what method was used to install the bearing
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by ottawaboi: 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
Op,check your brake calipers, could be responsible for that annoying sound
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by Nyceguy92: 11:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
mayor2013:

Complete wheel hub or just the bearing? If bearing what method was used to install the bearing

It was a complete wheel hub assembly.
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by Nyceguy92: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2017
hayjayman:
Guy carry your automobile go give correct auto mechanic and stop all this English language lectures....it's a minor problem...abi you wan make I tell you to service the gear again ?!!

I am not the one that created this section and I am not the only one that has posted his/her car problems here.

If you have a car of your own and been to an auto shop, you will understand the importance of narrowing down your diagnoses before going in for repairs, especially when different shops make different diagnosis.

And if you find my use of English to be above your station, sorry there is nothing I can do about it.
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by hayjayman(m): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nyceguy92:

I am not the one that created this section and I am not the only one that has posted his/her car problems here.

If you have a car of your own and been to an auto shop, you will understand the importance of narrowing down your diagnoses before going in for repairs, especially when different shops make different diagnosis.

And if you find my use of English to be above your station, sorry there is nothing I can do about it.

Good one, watch out for d movie is about to start, response coming soon...lemme get ma dictionary!!!
Re: Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. by bizzibodi(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
Nyceguy92:
Please help.

Many thanks.

men!see autogrammer,d way u know names of auto parts like this u need to b a trained professional automechanic.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Car VIN Be Used To Cut A Key In Nigeria? / Car Tyre Text Fully Explained In Diagram / Between A Lexus Rx 300(2003),ml 350 (2003) And An Acura Mdx(2006) Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.