Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police (87004 Views)

Imo Police Kill Martins Nwoke, Dismissed Sergeant In Gun Battle Over Kidnapping / He Only Pretended To Be Dead - Police Reacts To Report Of Killing Bus Driver / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Coolgent(m): 9:17am On Jun 10, 2017
What a brave officer!
From what i have observed the robbers were they to rob the people that are in honda accord which entered the bank before the robbers.
Look closely one of the robbers has came out with only ak47 and went to the direction of the said honda and came back with Viva polythene bag.
This video should serve as a lesson to all will be robbers,
Imagine they didnt even check on their fallen brother.

7 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Bondesniger(m): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2017
that police guy was brave
he most have being playing video games
THE SECRET SERVICE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by VocalWalls: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I watched this video last night and was saddened.

To LEO's on the forum, this is a good training video.

It shows a detail that was too casual and not at alert. Why were all three armed LEOs sitting inside and trapped in the security post? One or two preferably should always be outside, visible and patrolling.

But it's elating to see one of the robbers claim a head shot that severed his spinal chord. A very nice shot coming from an archaic and unreliable rifle, you lot should invest in pistols but not sure if you can procure your own firearm.

You're very much right.

All security agents should not be at one spot at any point in time.

6 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by imam07: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2017
Am I the only one here that do not believe the report from the police? So u nairalanders expect the police to bring the mopo into the public to see or to put him on national news so that those remaining armed robbers will trace and kill him.
I believe he is not dead and is been protected and this should be the normal thing to do by the nigerian police. I pray for him wherever he is.
This kind thing normally happen in movies where a top cop will be framed as been dead. All his identity changed and he start living a new live in another location. This is an intelligent process.

21 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by DivneFavour(m): 9:19am On Jun 10, 2017
RIP man. Thank God for that guy that left the security post just before the robbers arrived. I hope the man that walked into the bank premise before the robbers arrived was not killed or injured. Looking at the video, it seems the robbers were waiting for their victim outside the bank premise, cos the moment they drove in the robbers reversed and drove in too and the first guy ran straight to their victim. Based on Information.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by akpamuomenka: 9:20am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
he could have saved his own life and they would still be able to track the others through the dead robbers phone because he was still in that room when he killed the dead robber. so the point you make is kinda dead on arrival but i see what the logic is which is , look at the good in any bad situation. i wouda preferred if he had preserved his own life though. but eh, GOD knows best

Well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
my question is why did he leave the vantage point and cover of that room he was where he had an advantage ? he is brave but he is stupid also. RIP tho. he had the advantage when he was in that room and he had cover but he chose to run out and then got shot.

when he was in that room anyone who walks up to the room is at a disadvantage as you saw when the robber walked up to the room and got shot and killed by him.

1) His job is not to cower inside a room but to protect the citizens of Owerri who might be conducting business at the bank. He needs to go out and challenge the robbers.

2) He recognized that the security post was a trap.

They were already disadvantaged because their situational awareness was diminished. They entered the melee at a disadvantage.

5 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by rozayx5(m): 9:21am On Jun 10, 2017
VocalWalls:

That room has no other exit, all hell would have been let loose on that room. The robbers would have finished every living and non living thing in there, because he had killed one of their own.

nope

the robbers were in worse position than him, holed up in a car, A well trained cop would have taken out at least 3 people, cause the ride was not even armored for that matter, shooting the doors and glasses wud kill the occupants

after he had already downed one of the robbers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by YaksonFCA(m): 9:21am On Jun 10, 2017
RIP
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by EternalTruth: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2017
damoneymag:
that's why i dislike the force.. Be it the army or police. His lovely wife (if married) has become a widow.. R.I.P
please do you have any idea where the man's wife is? Want to go and offer her consolation on her husband's death
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by hedonistic: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2017
Being caught unawares is a terrible thing. It's difficult to coordinate yourself and make the right decision when you have only a split second to think and act.

Hindsight makes everyone wise.

He could have fared better if he stayed back in the security post, or even if he had run in the opposite direction (towards/outside the gate),, which would give given him room to manoeuvre. But running inwards the bank put him in clear line of fire of the idiot in the back seat. Terrible decision it was.

9 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by YorubaMod(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2017
Onyochejohn:
op is a lier, the man return fire till those baastard left, if not op should back it up with pix evidence . Our prayers are with that police man, I wish him well not dearth Pls
Having a gunshot wound doesn't mean you will die immediately, it depends where the bullet hits you..i know that when given a headshot you are gone immediately but other body parts can take you some minutes or hours depending on ur body..
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Coolgent(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
my question is why did he leave the vantage point and cover of that room he was where he had an advantage ? he is brave but he is stupid also. RIP tho. he had the advantage when he was in that room and he had cover but he chose to run out and then got shot.

when he was in that room anyone who walks up to the room is at a disadvantage as you saw when the robber walked up to the room and got shot and killed by him.
Bro. The fear of enclosed room! That what prompted him to came out otherwise he will remain inside and keep firing.
the odd of his survival inside the room is 70%.
Anyway he really tried

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by jtwest(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2017
angry angry what do they mean by they don't know his age and his hometown? undecidedwhich kyn naija be this sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by seguno2: 9:25am On Jun 10, 2017
masada:
Sure
though the armed robbers been caught alredi
hope the family ll be compensated by the force
and he is recognized too

A classroom in the police training college should be named after him to remind the fresh recruits of the honour in their jobs.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by emmalexabl(m): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2017
Am greatly saddened by this news. ..

He was in ICU for a whole 2 months.

Was he given the best medical care ??

Why wasn't our hero flown abroad or is it because he isn't a politician

R. I. P gallant hero..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by starwar(m): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:

I thought the same way too,but we never can tell how many bullets he has in his gun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by VocalWalls: 9:28am On Jun 10, 2017
rozayx5:

nope

the robbers were in worse position than him, holed up in a car, A well trained cop would have taken out at least 3 people, cause the ride was not even armored for that matter, shooting the doors and glasses wud kill the occupants

after he had already downed one of the robbers

The risk is higher. Would have been better if they had support from another end

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by imstrong1: 9:29am On Jun 10, 2017
Very rare display of bravery! Watched the video, a mixture of both defense and survival, by putting himself on the disadvantage he saved the lifes of the two security men and others , he distracted and put the robbers off balance by gunning down the daring robber. Initially many thought he survived(sincerely wished it was an action film where the lead actor rarely dies) but it was out of sentiment, he was repeatedly shot at as he ran obviously outnumbered or running out of bullets! He deserves a post hummus honor his family should be compensated, this has restored some confidence in the police force.. There are still brave daring officers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by crackhouse(m): 9:29am On Jun 10, 2017
ruggedtimi:
so sad...bravest nigerian caught on tape, nigeria police havnt arrested the robbers yet with the cctv evidence ...trust NYPD to be at the robbers doorstep after watching that video
i learnt they have been arrested. That's why the video was released to the public. Watch the driver's face and that of the arrested guy shot on the leg.
Below is their pic.

3 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by durasome(m): 9:30am On Jun 10, 2017
madridguy:
Well, I guess the NPF intentional declared the gallant officer dead for security reasons because from the video so far the officer escaped unhurt.

Anyhow, may the peace of thy Lord be with him.
.I disagree that he made it because from the footage after he shot that one down the other robber followed him at close distance.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by dtrend(m): 9:32am On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=OneHead post=57368520]The robbery attack actually was made in Febuary 2017,and the Brave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is Dead already.

Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko, The brave policeman, who was fast and smart enough to gun down one of the armed robbers before taking cover to protect his life and and commendably life of others is reportedly dead since April

Brave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is DeadBrave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is Dead after clip shows he was shot here

Soldier Shoots Fellow Hausa Brother For Packing Sand.

The viral footage which was clearly as a CCTV record from the bank may have been seized all the while for security and investigative reasons, Naaija.com gathered

The video which clearly showed every movement within its reach showed a black car come in first, only to be followed by a black Hyundai Elantra, some seconds later making the gate unable to be locked with the way it parked, Four men then emerged from the vehicle, with three holding weapons, which looked like AK47 rifles.

WATCH VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oToI-YQImUQ

RIP
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Cinderella5(f): 9:32am On Jun 10, 2017
Onyochejohn:
op is a lier, the man return fire till those baastard left, if not op should back it up with pix evidence . Our prayers are with that police man, I wish him well not dearth Pls
watch the video you will see one of the robbers shooting back at the mopol, several shots for that matter.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 10, 2017
Brave officer with poor tactical training, he should have remain in the position and aim @ the entrance just like he gunned down that first robber but it was tension that made him ran out. E for sweet die if he gun down dat driver

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by SAMAYODELE(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2017
Seriously, these people lack the required knowledge of combat. Though l salute the police man's bravery, but sincerely there are ways he could have done that without been shot at. Imagine escaping into an open space giving the robbers a good ground to fire at you without missing.
And the dead robber's stupidity is legendary. What was he thinking?? ;DSeriously, these people lack the required knowledge of combat. Though l salute the police man's bravery, but sincerely there are ways he could have done that without been shot at. Imagine escaping into an open space giving the robbers a good ground to fire at you without missing.
And the dead robber's stupidity is legendary. What was he thinking??
RIP brave man
I pray your family is compensated

Modified
Might be that the policeman was out of bullets

4 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Pavarottii(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2017
That guy did not die, cos his gunshots chased dat guy away.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by InvertedHammer: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2017
Evidently the officer has no combat training.

He should have engaged the AK47 in a rapid fire mode while running (suppression fire) instead of backing away from a gun-wielding assailant. They mowed him down.

Take a look at the lackadaisical attitude of the security man. He does not seem to be security conscious at all for someone working in a dangerous place like a bank.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by doctokwus: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:

He didn't av any advantage staying in that room any longer after shooting that robber dead.
He wud av been outgunned and "outbulletted"(pardon my English) in a confined space as that.
D guy sitted at d back of d car that shot him was either a former military/policeman or a very experienced robber because if u play back u wud notice 2 things:
(1)He was d one that used his gun butt to shatter d glass to create a wide and good view to fire from.
(2)D same guy soon as he saw shots ring out from d police post didn't panick or rush out,as his dead colleague, but just laid almost flat on d backseat to avoid any bullet & being sited,waiting for d right moment,as if he knew d mopol wud come out.It takes an experienced person in d gun battle biz to be that calculative and calm,even wen u see ur fellow robber gunned down.
So mopol Igboko was right to leave that almost suicidal security room,dont forget also he cudnt av known it was just one other robber and an experienced one at that,that was confronting him,hence his sporadic shots just to create a cover.I assume he assumed they were more than one in d car blazing with guns so he had to find an escape route which was d best choice he felt he had in that life or death scenario.

19 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by endeedike(m): 9:37am On Jun 10, 2017
I live in owerri.. He died

madridguy:
Well, I guess the NPF intentional declared the gallant officer dead for security reasons because from the video so far the officer escaped unhurt.

Anyhow, may the peace of thy Lord be with him.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Unimaginable123: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2017
masada:

He was a brave soldier
and a hero

RIP to the galant Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko
police, not soldier

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos) / US Catholic School Teacher Seduced Student Aged 15, Had Sex With Him In Her Car / Lady Found Pictures Of Herself In A Bottle In Her Friend's Closet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.