Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,776 members, 7,806,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment (31407 Views)

Inec Adhoc Staff Recruitment For 2019 Election - How To Apply And Register / Cleaner Lagos: LASG Set To Recruit 20,000 Workers / NDIC Begins Secret Staff Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by nurusystem(m): 8:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Hmmm, swallow your pride and help your life.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by dondo83(m): 8:10am On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=olujastro post=57371452]Not a bad idea. But why do we have to get the city dirty and start cleaning it every day? Europe wey clean, dem get 10 heads?
Metallic waste bins should be constructed and stationed at every bus stop, inside all buses, trains and at strategic places on the roads.
Nigerians should as well learn to use waste bins and not throw out rubbish on the roads, especially through the window when on a journey. I get disgusted when I see people doing that. Wait till you get to a nearby bin or take it home.
Cleanliness is next to godliness. [/quite. Who told you they don't clean in Europe? Lol they do sir. Major streets and high street is been swept everyday
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Teawhy2011: 8:19am On Jun 10, 2017
Hummm,I ws there yesterday as well,abt 75 percent of us were HND,Bsc,Masters holders. I was wondering since yesterday with this question in my mind ;do Nigerian graduates now turn to street sweepers? Anyway,I pray Ambode pays base on one's qualification. But they said is that the salary is above minimum wage of 18,500,but not specific yet!
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by omooje1(m): 8:28am On Jun 10, 2017
am short words myself, not knowing exactly what the job description entails which would have need for graduates. Meanwhile will they still be there today being saturday cos i have someone who is interested that arrived yesterday. cheers
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Mopolchi: 8:33am On Jun 10, 2017
princeofpeace22:
After 7years in university I will end up sweeping Lagos cry

grin

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by bimchuswhat(f): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2017
olujastro:
Not a bad idea. But why do we have to get the city dirty and start cleaning it every day? Europe wey clean, dem get 10 heads?
Metallic waste bins should be constructed and stationed at every bus stop, inside all buses, trains and at strategic places on the roads.
Nigerians should as well learn to use waste bins and not throw out rubbish on the roads, especially through the window when on a journey. I get disgusted when I see people doing that. Wait till you get to a nearby bin or take it home.

Cleanliness is next to godliness.

My husband taught me this....
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Slurity(m): 8:41am On Jun 10, 2017
olujastro:
Not a bad idea. But why do we have to get the city dirty and start cleaning it every day? Europe wey clean, dem get 10 heads?
Europe too has street cleaners. say only what you are sure of.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Slurity(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=princeofpeace22 post=57371469]After 7years in university I will end up sweeping Lagos . If sweeping Lagos will better you life for now why not? after all that is what many people do outside Nigeria
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by seguno2: 8:53am On Jun 10, 2017
obembet:
Bros u need help, I mean serious help. if all Governor can think and act like ambode, Nigeria go beta,... In addition, Lagos is the only state that get better Governor so far in this country...

Seriously ambode need to replace BUHARI...

Can you read?
Can you understand what you read?
Do you have a problem understanding the pivotal role of education in ensuring a clean environment with minimum coercion from government apart from other societal benefits?

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by no1madman(m): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2017
EternalTruth:
Afonjas don dirty Lagos finish. TUFIAKWA
U.k too. .dem dutty!
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Ayoguy(m): 8:57am On Jun 10, 2017
princeofpeace22:

BT if it was in UK or US yu wouldn't have any problem with it..Besides you are not forced to apply

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by brightgreat(m): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Who knows might even be my street and would just be saying hi NLder

princeofpeace22:

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by pagorino(m): 9:13am On Jun 10, 2017
I am surprised, what about those dat registered online? were they invited or u just have to go to agege stadium without invitation? cost dz Naija job palava e yaff taya me. undecided
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by osobase01(m): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2017
Teawhy2011:
Hummm,I ws there yesterday as well,abt 75 percent of us were HND,Bsc,Masters holders. I was wondering since yesterday with this question in my mind ;do Nigerian graduates now turn to street sweepers? Anyway,I pray Ambode pays base on one's qualification. But they said is that the salary is above minimum wage of 18,500,but not specific yet!

tee why did u apply online

and when were u shortlisted too
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by osobase01(m): 9:19am On Jun 10, 2017
pagorino:
I am surprised, what about those dat registered online? were they invited or u just have to go to agege stadium without invitation? cost dz Naija job palava e yaff taya me. undecided

an surprised too
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by AlwaysUltraPad: 9:20am On Jun 10, 2017
princeofpeace22:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by natznext(m): 9:21am On Jun 10, 2017
seguno2:

That is where education comes in, right?
Education for all children in the state.
Ambode and his predecessors have been total failures in this regard, not so?
I disagree with you slightly, Education was top priority for BRF and Adebisi Sosan then, kids were taken off the streets from hawking and put in schools, schools got heavy renovation, several competition was organized to encourage learning, Quality of education skyrocketed, community service started, waste baskets were everywhere . Something fit don happen since Sosan didn't come as deputy for second term sha.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by pagorino(m): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2017
osobase01:

an surprised too
do u know whether those present @ agege stadium were invited via msgs or mails?
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by segebase(m): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by seguno2: 9:34am On Jun 10, 2017
natznext:
I disagree with you slightly, Education was top priority for BRF and Adebisi Sosan then, kids were taken off the streets from hawking and put in schools, schools got heavy renovation, several competition was organized to encourage learning, Quality of education skyrocketed, community service started, waste baskets were everywhere . Something fit don happen since Sosan didn't come as deputy for second term sha.

Let us assume that you said the truth about Fashola's first term.
That is four years out of 18 years i.e. 22%, which is overall failure, right?
Moreover, what is the use of an initiative that is good but not sustained?
Do you know?
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Relixy2k: 9:57am On Jun 10, 2017
Teawhy2011:
Kai. Its a good development but masters holders too on sweeping lagos. Na real war ohhhhh. Without job one has to do it. If I am not employed, I would have applied too. The Nation is messed up.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by distilledwalex(m): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2017
Not a 3 day exercise. .. Its been on since Monday in Agege stadium. . Weve done other location like Epe.. And its gona last for 20days.. Try and get infor right before posting.

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Teawhy2011: 10:17am On Jun 10, 2017
osobase01:

tee why did u apply online

and when were u shortlisted too

osobase01:

an surprised too
osobase01:

an surprised too

Yes!,everybody applied online,and I got d screening SMS message on wednesday evening,some got theirs on Monday,those that got their sms messages on Monday did their screening on Tuesday,some did on Wednesday,sm on Thursday and Friday.if u dnt get the sms mesg,it means u ar not short listed
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Teawhy2011: 10:22am On Jun 10, 2017
pagorino:

Everybody applied online,and u can only enter agege stadium wt d sms invitation,if u dnt receive d invitation sms,it means u ar nt short listed!
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by AlphaT1(m): 10:26am On Jun 10, 2017
olujastro:
Nigerians love throwing trash indiscriminately. You need to use an 'iron rod' to compel them to use the trash cans (waste bins). I remember back then in school (A.B.U. Zaria) when Prof Mahadi was the V.C, he provided waste bins at short-intervals all over the campus and empowered the security personnels to do the enforcement. You dare not be caught throwing 'pure' water satchet or other wastes 'anyhow', you could be suspended. You dare not cross the flowers or pass through 'unapproved routes' in d name of shortcut, wetin security go carry you do, you will live to remember forever! This is d only kind of 'language' Nigerians respect/understand.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Teawhy2011: 10:36am On Jun 10, 2017
distilledwalex:
Not a 3 day exercise. .. Its been on since Monday in Agege stadium. . Weve done other location like Epe.. And its gona last for 20days.. Try and get infor right before posting.

Do u mean Agege stadium is nt only screening centre? 20 days? Do u mean those that didn't get sms invitation still av hope of invitation?
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by seguno2: 10:36am On Jun 10, 2017
AlphaT1:

Nigerians love throwing trash indiscriminately. You need to use an 'iron rod' to compel them to use the trash cans (waste bins). I remember back then in school (A.B.U. Zaria) when Prof Mahadi was the V.C, he provided waste bins at short-intervals all over the campus and empowered the security personnels to do the enforcement. You dare not be caught throwing 'pure' water satchet or other wastes 'anyhow', you could be suspended. You dare not cross the flowers or pass through 'unapproved routes' in d name of shortcut, wetin security go carry you do, you will live to remember forever! This is d only kind of 'language' Nigerians respect/understand.

Are you a Nigerian?
Do you love throwing trash indiscriminately?
Do you need an iron rod to compel you to use publicly and permanently available trash cans?
Can you not understand and respect lessons on personal and collective hygiene and sanitation that is backed up with adequate amenities and facilities that are always available?
Even after spending money and time in a university?
Or what are you saying exactly?
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Ofemmanu1: 10:38am On Jun 10, 2017
Nkemakonam62:
No fewer than 5000 job seekers in Lagos State besieged the Agege Stadium yesterday to apply for job as Community Sanitation Workers (CSW) under the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Cleaner Lagos Initiative (CLI).

The three-day exercise which commenced yesterday, is expected to end on Monday. The initiative being undertaken under the Governor Akinwunmi Ambode’s administration is aimed at effecting cleaner, safer and healthier environment in the state.

One of the recruitment officials, Mr. Ibrahim Fearon said those that will be employed will not be just street sweepers, but an employee of the state government. He said contrary to what was in place under the Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA), where the street sweepers were casuals, employed by Private Service Providers, who were paid by the government, there is a career part in the new initiative.

“We want to put some dignity into it. They don’t only get tax free monthly pay, they are also pensionable.” He added there is going to be an accident insurance and to avoid spending money on transportation by the workers.
Under the new initiative, Fearon said those employed would also enjoy life insurance and health insurance. One of the applicants, Mary Emmanuel, a BSC holder in Mathematics ‎from Ekiti State University said she filled the form online to apply for employment.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/06/cleaner-lagos-initiative-begins-staff.html

OP, your a lying basterd from the pit of hell.
I reside on the same street as Agege stadium, there was nothing like that recently.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Emeritusseun(m): 10:46am On Jun 10, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

OP, your a lying basterd from the pit of hell.
I reside on the same street as Agege stadium, there was nothing like that recently.

egbon,,.take it easy on d op na...u dnt av to cal d op,BASTARD...thats too harsh!
What about if the story turns out to be true?. This is a faceless forum, u shudnt take things personally.
Back to u,OP,,are u sure about your info?
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Ofemmanu1: 10:52am On Jun 10, 2017
Emeritusseun:

egbon,,.take it easy on d op na...u dnt av to cal d op,BASTARD...thats too harsh!
What about if the story turns out to be true?. This is a faceless forum, u shudnt take things personally.
Back to u,OP,,are u sure about your info?
Aburo, I live on Ositelu street- same as Agege Stadium and there was nothing like it.
Those angry bloggers are from the pit of hell.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by Emeritusseun(m): 11:02am On Jun 10, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

Aburo, I live on Ositelu street- same as Agege Stadium and there was nothing like it.
Those angry bloggers are from the pit of hell.

but not only the blogger,,,..,someone, distilledwalex, here also testified dat he was there for the training,,.so the OP might not be far from the truth!..
Just trying to clear the air
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment by distilledwalex(m): 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
Teawhy2011:

Do u mean Agege stadium is nt only screening centre? 20 days? Do u mean those that didn't get sms invitation still av hope of invitation?
Yes .. Am very certain of that... Those that have not seen the message should still expect it till ending of the month.. We use a screening centre per time.. The first was Epe. Now its Agege.. We should be moving to oshodi next.. But cos of the recent fracas there we might be staying here longer than expected. .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. / As A Graduate Can You Do This? .... / My First Major Job Interview In Germany (true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.