Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,573 members, 7,801,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. (40509 Views)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by DY20: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2017
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

Let me use 5 out of million of scenario to define my case.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

4. He talks every seconds when he is in the house or when anyone is with him.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.

231 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2017
Cover his mouth with an adhesive!!

or

Fart whenever he is talking. He will surely run for cover.

202 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Evablizin(f): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2017
Sorry dear you can't do anything about it one day you will have your own house and leave the house for him but make sure you are not carrying his gene of talking too much which will manifest later lols

159 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by MDsambo: 10:05am On Jun 10, 2017
Duct tape him

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by rheether(f): 10:06am On Jun 10, 2017
Your mum is the solution to his problem. Ask her to turn into a nag and I promise you, your dad will stop talking.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by electroilorin(m): 10:06am On Jun 10, 2017
My guy there is nothing u can do about it ... just keep ur very personal affairs far away from home..... and live you life when you are in school, work or outside ... what i do at situations like that is "try get the slightest befitting excuse to walk out... and run til later....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Theyveedo(m): 10:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Chris Talker

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2017
Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

You'll be in a body bag! grin

564 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by electroilorin(m): 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

When he starts to talk just say "Dad?"....when he answers , you now yell." CAN YOU PLEASE!! FOR ONCE!! SHUT...THE....FVCK....UP..FOR JUST 5 MINUTES!!... PLEASE!! CAN YOU DO THAT?!!!".

now there are 2 outcomes to this, he's either shocked and keeps quiet for days ...or

more likely be in the body bag....

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by feelgoodInc: 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
your dad is getting old and is giving up on life,
Try to buy him a newspaper or buy him a radio to keep him company, sometimes he just needs someone to talk to, so do the needful and stop staring at the phone ask him what the problem is.

377 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by feelgoodInc: 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Op do exactly as I say.

I'm not sure you had a father when you were growing up, that's because your a joke, and a lowlife
fnnk the mods.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
feelgoodInc:

I'm not sure you had a father when you were growing up, that's because your mama was a joke, you're a low life B. A. S. T. A. R. D
fnnk the mods.

You no go die better death

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2017
feelgoodInc:

your mama was a joke, your papa was a rolling Stone, you now is advising someone when you never had a paparazzi.
just imagine yourself giving someone advise to tell his father to shut the hell up. like son like mama. I can tell a lot about you but I'll just keep quiet. Your son will never, I repeat never have a father. Even if you're alive.

If you can't get the joke in my comment then you're more miserable than I thought. Insulent bastard...you and your generations unborn will continue to suffer for this ill mannered comments of yours. Just watch.

Get off my mentions you worm.

260 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by feelgoodInc: 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

If you can't get the joke in my comment then you're more miserable than I thought. Insulent bastard...you and your generations unborn will continue to suffer for this ill mannered comments of yours. Just watch.

Get off my mentions you worm.
your real dad.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Ishilove: 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
I don't see what the problem is... He's your father. If you are not used to him by now then when will you be used to him? Is it when he has gone to a place where you can't reach him?

If you feel embarrassed about how he relates with your friends then keep them away from your home. Simple.

Some have shoes, but have no legs, some have legs, but have no shoes. Meanwhile those that have legs and shoes are complaining about the shoes.

Enjoy him while you can because there are many out there who will give almost anything to have a father.

409 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sisisioge: 6:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

I understand. But he still sounds darling. Biko love him for all of who he is. He's there for you and the rest of the fam right now...appreciate him dude.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by auntysimbiat(f): 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
Lol
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Kingjags: 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
What do u want us to do?, Kidnap him?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by NwaAmaikpe: 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
angry
Put spiders in your dad's food

They will spin webs in his throat and he won't be able to talk much.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by emmy4lov(m): 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
old age is telling on your dad...

just like my dad, he can advise for africa and my granny, she sleeps at any time even on phone calls.

there's nothing we can do about it but just keep on helping them not embarrassing them. .

you can talk to your dad directly or through your mum. say dad do you notice you talk a lot, jokingly and politely

then when ever he is at it again, just say "daddy! !!" , he'll code and stop.

Samsung note 4 for sale
whatsapp:07065173203
location- lagos

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by officialteemi(m): 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
is that a problem.?? chisos
as in while e was struggling for u to survive,u did not observe e talks too much abi?? no worry .Another man food is Another poison..

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
My maternal grandfather too is like that and my mum and her siblings always dread his visit. Even I as the grand daughter don't enjoy the home during his visit. Cook beans for him(wahala), cook rice (wahala), prepare amala(problem).. Give him pounced yam(u are the best). He would tell everyone when he returns home how you prepared rice for him instead of pounded yam(he can eat it 3 times daily for the rest of his life). He can travel from one state to another to visit another child and relate the story of how u cooked rice for him. One of his daughter in law made a big mistake by preparing bread nd tea, I swear if he's a journalist it would be all over the newspapers.
Secrecy is not in his dictionary... He would tell everyone how the husband of his daughter hasn't bought a car for her.... Nonsense all through Sha.

He's not even caring... Whenever he's coming to to visit, he would keep a small cane in his bag incase my siblings misbehave(can u imagine)

But grandma is a total opposite of him(the best grandma in the world)

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by mazizitonene(m): 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
ya dad is broke...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
Duck tape.
Cello tape.
Black tape.
White tape.
Super glue.
Araldite.
Strong eba.
Strong fufu.
Cement.

Choose any of the option. They have been known to work effectively for holding things together, Human lips included.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by medolab90(m): 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
just go find a padlock
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by baby124: 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
I run away from such people because it's tiring. Sometimes you just want peace and quiet.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by chiefolododo(m): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
Soro niyen
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by omoadeleye(m): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
grin grin your papa needs a factory reset

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by rosalieene(f): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by samuelson06(m): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
I don't think there's any medicine to cure him from talking too much. Your mum married him that way and she's cool with him. So why worry yourself as the son? One thing I know is that if it is something that is inherent and not cause by some external factors, trying to stop him from talking like that may get him depressed because he's not going to be free. If there's any problem pushing him to talking too much, help him sort it out else leave him alone. Talking may be what makes him happy.

31 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Can You Do When You Notice Your Wife Is Cheating? / Adorable Photos Of A Kenyan Lady With Her Oyinbo Husband & Their Cute Son / Lady Who Died After Delivery Of Triplets Buried Amidst Tears In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.