Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Learn A Skill, Then Earn - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Learn A Skill, Then Earn (956 Views)

My Interview Experience-you Might Learn A Thing Or Two. / Are You Active On Social Media, Then Earn Some Cash. / Learn A Skill Attend Graphic Design Master Class Online Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn A Skill, Then Earn by Shalomdee(f): 7:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
In this age of standardized living there are many things one can do to earn money even without a University degree. I think formal education kind of makes one lazy, everyone wants to have an office work and climb the corporate ladder. Not everyone has to do that, the world is full of so many needs, get creative and make new products people may need or develop on the already existing ones that people use.
You don't need to wait till you are broke or out of school, a skill can be very useful now. Learn one, develop it and start using it. You can even start by offering your services or goods for free to get people to notice you and take interest in what you can do then monetize the skill and start smiling to the bank.

Skills can be acquired in seminars or from people who are already into that particular thing. In this article I will be briefly giving you some examples of skills that are marketable:

1. Phone or Computer repairs
I can bet $50 that this skill will never be a waste. Everyone's system or phone may develop a fault at one point or the other and almost everyone I know either has a phone, a laptop or a desktop computer. Imagine how much you could be earning a day just by repairing all these stuffs. If you have in interest in phones and computer gadgets, love fixing up things then you can learn this skill and start using it.

http://passionconnector..com.ng/2017/06/learn-skill-then-earn.html#more

Re: Learn A Skill, Then Earn by emmaokw(m): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
they are there in Ikeja computer village wit nothing to do
Re: Learn A Skill, Then Earn by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
Not everyone will learn a skill. Why are people making it seem like learning a skill is the holy grail that will miraculously pull you out of poverty?The market is already over-saturated as it is, with only few customers who would rather stick with the vendor they already know than try someone else so where's the hope for the new ones you keep advising to learn a skill?Am not faulting your writeup but while pushing people to spend a fortune learning skills tell them the truth that learning skills wont magically make them rich or better off than those who dont go that route.

2 Likes

Re: Learn A Skill, Then Earn by Emmaesty(f): 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
Henryyy:
Not everyone will learn a skill. Why are people making it seem like learning a skill is the holy grail that will miraculously pull you out of poverty?The market is already over-saturated as it is, with only few customers who would rather stick with the vendor they already know than try someone else so where's the hope for the new ones you keep advising to learn a skill?Am not faulting your writeup but while pushing people to spend a fortune learning skills tell them the truth that learning skills wont magically make them rich or better off than those who dont go that route.
My dear, everybody needs to learn a skill. It's either soft skills i.e Communication, interpersonal, strategic thinking, etc. Or the hard skills like small business, certifications and the likes.

All in all, we need to learn skills whether we are in the corporate world or the entrepreneurial world(small businesses)

Re: Learn A Skill, Then Earn by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
Emmaesty:
My dear, everybody needs to learn a skill. It's either soft skills i.e Communication, interpersonal, strategic thinking, etc. Or the hard skills like small business, certifications and the likes.

All in all, we need to learn skills whether we are in the corporate world or the entrepreneurial world(small businesses)
My comment is in line with d op's post. He's clearly not refering to corporate sklls but vocational.
Re: Learn A Skill, Then Earn by kelvainoij: 8:53am On Jun 11, 2017
Shalomdee:
In this age of standardized living there are many things one can do to earn money even without a University degree. I think formal education kind of makes one lazy, everyone wants to have an office work and climb the corporate ladder. Not everyone has to do that, the world is full of so many needs, get creative and make new products people may need or develop on the already existing ones that people use.
You don't need to wait till you are broke or out of school, a skill can be very useful now. Learn one, develop it and start using it. You can even start by offering your services or goods for free to get people to notice you and take interest in what you can do then monetize the skill and start smiling to the bank.

Skills can be acquired in seminars or from people who are already into that particular thing. In this article I will be briefly giving you some examples of skills that are marketable:

1. Phone or Computer repairs
I can bet $50 that this skill will never be a waste. Everyone's system or phone may develop a fault at one point or the other and almost everyone I know either has a phone, a laptop or a desktop computer. Imagine how much you could be earning a day just by repairing all these stuffs. If you have in interest in phones and computer gadgets, love fixing up things then you can learn this skill and start using it.

http://passionconnector..com.ng/2017/06/learn-skill-then-earn.html#more

Please am interested in learning this skill.. If there is any other with accommodation better
Re: Learn A Skill, Then Earn by ECBDigital: 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
I feel the skill is too manual. people want something freer.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Plant Maintenance And Engineering / HVAC Guys! Duct Fabrication/insulation/arc Welders/engineers In General / 7 Most Popular Jobs Nigerians Do Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.