Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:55 AM

Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett (591 Views)

1 Million Cash Or Dinner With Dangote – Which Would You Choose? / Warren Buffett’s 5/25 Rule Will Help You Focus On The Things That Matter / I Can't Accept A Job Offer That Pays Below 100k/month ( Keke Rider) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett by Godson222: 6:23am On Jun 11, 2017
In an auction on eBay that was concluded friday, a man pledged $2.68 million, highest out of 41 bid, to a charity called Glide, in exchange for lunch with world’s second richest man, Warren Buffett, who is worth $76.2b.

Glide is a San Francisco charity that serves meals to the homeless, hosts support groups through its women’s center for abuse victims and provides treatment for drug addiction.

“Warren Buffett and the generous bidders enable us to provide a holistic array of high quality services that meet critical needs, improve lives and elevate the human spirit,” Glide’s co-founder Janice Mirikitani said.

Buffet, middle with Janice Mirikitani and Glide co-founder Rev Cecil Williams

The billionaire first wife volunteered for Glide and she died in 2004, and since then, Buffett’s auction efforts have brought in more than $26 million for the group since 2000.

The highest bidder will bring seven friends to dine with the billionaire at New York’s Smith & Wollensky steakhouse.

Other donations include; Ten dollars provides a fried-chicken lunch for two and $80 pays for a 40-minute legal consultation.

Last year top bid for lunch with Buffett was $3.46 million.

Mynd44

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/man-pays-2-68m-for-dinner-with-warren-buffett/#sthash.P1mm5Ka3.dpuf
Re: Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett by Kingdollar28(m): 6:27am On Jun 11, 2017
money is fúçking good.. if you don't have it, abeg go die
Re: Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett by Ayoemrys(m): 6:33am On Jun 11, 2017

Re: Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 11, 2017
Who get money go understand wetin the man do but who nor get go just come here dey find fault.
Re: Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett by osesology(m): 6:35am On Jun 11, 2017
Ok so the money goes to charity while he dines with Buffet, right? If l,m right, then op l must say that ur heading is misleading. You got me thinking he payed it directly to Buffet. I be don vex already!
Re: Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett by yemmit90: 6:46am On Jun 11, 2017
JasonScolari:
Who get money go understand wetin the man do but who nor get go just come here dey find fault.

He just made an huge investment. I can empty my account to have a lunch or dinner with Mr. Godwin Emefiele.
Re: Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett by Freethought(m): 6:47am On Jun 11, 2017
osesology:
Ok so the money goes to charity while he dines with Buffet, right? If l,m right, then op l must say that ur heading is misleading. You got me thinking he payed it directly to Buffet. I be don vex already!

Directly to buffet kwa!
Re: Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 11, 2017
yemmit90:

He just made an huge investment. I can empty my account to have a lunch or dinner with Mr. Godwin Emefiele.
Very correct bro, but trust those people with poor mentality, they'll always find fault.
Re: Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett by carzola(m): 6:56am On Jun 11, 2017
Chaiiii...

Chimo oo..

And am here begging a
Girl to go out with me
Ontop my own money..

Re: Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett by Majesticniyi(m): 7:00am On Jun 11, 2017
Extremely misleading topic. He donated money to charity not to Warren Buffet!
Re: Man Pays $2.68 Million To Have Dinner With Warren Buffett by AngelicDamsel(f): 7:01am On Jun 11, 2017
Na him money............... Meanwhile

(1) (Reply)

Help On The Cost Of Doing NIMN In Nigeria / School For The Rich / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.