Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality (47824 Views)

There Is Nothing Like A Broke, Lazy Good Man / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Huge Man And His Pretty, Endowed Fiancée / There's Nothing Like "Broke Girl",The Term "Broke" Only Applies To Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:19am On Jun 20, 2017
kuchikau1:
spits on comment.

While you're at it, choke on it as well undecided

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Omoluabi16(m): 4:19am On Jun 20, 2017
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 20, 2017
permit:
.shatap, wat if we go by result of a act? *wat makes u breasts feed *wat make u los weight as a girl? I learnt this wen i was 15 that gals los weight for much sex * u wanna say som puna are naturaly wide? Wat a chines proverb? Com on gal!? Ok to make it short, ur breasts s sagged the way it is right now caus ur kid and oga has bein suckin that flat plate

Now listen you bastard. I don't have the patience or the time to deal with an illiterate with an extremely low IQ, so let that be they very last time you quote me

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by freshvine(f): 4:23am On Jun 20, 2017
Emdeejay:
Someone said that many women are sad because the OP sold women out. I am sad because the OP did not realize what gender equality entails. I'll tell you what it means to me. There was a time when women could not vote because they are considered substandard to men. Currently, with every $1 a man earns, a woman earn 83 cents while having the same qualifications. It is even worst in the medical field because the field comprises of the "big boys" and as a woman, it is hard to fit this. Information is rarely shared with me and I have to be assertive for my voice to be heard. Some women are not selected into certain residency because they might want to start a family and therefore at a disadvantage. And as a person in the medical field, I'll enlighten you about boobs. Breasts are mainly made up of fat and not muscle. If you lose weight (i.e fat), your breast will sag. As you age, the breast sags because the structural ligament loses its elasticity leading to sagging. Someone touching your breast doesn't make it sag. And sex does not make vagina loose. I'll go into that but I'm sure you're well read and can read scientific journals yourself. Gender equality is not how often I can have sex with someone, it is about being treated as an intelligent human that can achieve anything if I try.

Majority of you feel you're educated but lack comprehension.

Let me summarise for you please.

1. Op is saying that biological build of a man makes him stronger than a woman n literally.

If you become pregnant and your veegay sag after delivery, the man will be complete while you carry a loose veegay

If you brest feed, your boob is likely to sag, a man put you in that condition.

If you have multiple sex partners, the obvious is certainly the conditions of male contributors.

If you don't get involved with a man, definitely nature will deflower you in all attributes and that's leaves a body count but men nada.

We females tend to fight all logical conclusion with a pessimistic vibe and not until we're liberated from the unexplained vexation, we'll continue to fight against non existence inequality.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by charlesiyke95(m): 4:28am On Jun 20, 2017
Very dumb of u op. So because we are of different sexes means that one sex is greater than d oda? How can u place superiority on owning a joystick So because females can't impregnate their fellow females, it makes them inferior U as a man, do u have a womb to enable u carry a child for 9 months What good will ur ability to impregnate be if their is no one to impregnate Like a very sensible person commented, gender equality doesn't necessarily mean women dragging bragging rights with men, it simply means , women being able exercise their rights as normal humans,and not as an inferior minority, and also being accorded every respect given to men. This is not a difficult thing to do, i mean, how bad can it get really? Rather men behave like they are living in the fear of having women take charge. Funny enough, this is majorly a demented thinking of third world folks like u. U think just ur father's semen years ago, was enough to enable u come on nairaland today and make rubbish posts like this Where would u be now if not for ur mother So how difficult can it be for her to exercise her rights as normal as men would do U might have even made a better argument, if only u had come up with a better point or reason. Instead, u had to use ownership of a joystick. The fact that u seem to have ur brains between ur legs doesn't make u superior to anyone!!! Know that. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Mujtahida: 4:33am On Jun 20, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
Do you know that God is d most heartbroken being in the world? Look at what i mean... Just like God finds it hard to find an absolutely devoted Christian who dares to be different from the bandwagon around him, so do men find it difficult to find a devoted woman who dares to stay away from the general belief and influence of other women.

Some women will claim to love their husband but the bible never commanded them to love their man. I dont know what makes them think that its love he needs. Their command is to submit to and respect their man yet its the inverse that's happening in the world today..the man respects and almost submit to show his love for her which is fair and ok. But while he does that, she claims to love him. The question is did God ask you to love him? Submit he says.

Its d woman who needs love, the man needs submission...God knows what he made.

When a woman says she loves her man, sincerely it means nothing to d man, he just accepts it as his wife's manner of expression. But when she respects him, then he knows she loves him.

Op you're thinking properly and it will favour you greatly if you keep to it. Weldone! Women like you are scarce.
Please stop spreading the wrong teaching that the Bible never commanded women to love their husbands. I have heard this teaching and I know it is false. I guess it was one Pastor that came up with this teaching and then other Pastors and church people like you have sheepishly regurgitated it just like the teaching that since God gave wife to Adam and it thereafter brought trouble into the world God has stopped giving wives to men. Read this :

Titus 2:3-5 New International Version (NIV)
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. THEN THEY CAN URGE THE YOUNGER WOMEN TO LOVE THEIR HUSBANDS AND CHILDREN, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

When your Bible commands you guys to love one another like in 1st John 4:7 and where Jesus said the greatest Commandment is to love God, then your neighbour as yourself shey women are excluded from doing so when they find themselves in marriage?

Mind you I have no objection to any other thing you've written there regarding respect and submission but have you ever considered that a woman will most likely submit easily to a man she loves?

Abeg go and delete that heresy from your write up Ladies will read it now and use it to justify all kinds of unimaginable things because a lot of women don't really have things thought out for themselves especially in spiritual matters, they just follow. I know because that's what a married woman I know says to justify her misbehaviour - the Bible doesn't command me to love my husband
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 4:33am On Jun 20, 2017
freshvine:

Gender equality and feminism is an attribute of insecurity. Until you've logical approach to issues, you've already set precedent for being inferior.

The OP is intelligent, smart and her submission are concise, apt and delivered with fluidity. She's already seen herself as a HUMAN BEING before being a female gender but majority of female posters here see themselves as females before being a human being... Very very pathetic orientation.

Stop "fighting" and start being logical

Thank you for this!

"Genders" are created "DIFFERENT" because they are supposed to be COMPLIMENTARY ....so, the issue of "EQUALITY or BEING EQUAL", does not even arise!

As a Man, l can as well marry another Man, if l think he would compliment me (to provide that which l lack, while l provide that which 'he' lacks, for a better Union) in a Marriage but that is "distasteful, pervert and not possible" because we are of EQUAL and SAME GENDER.

So, l marry a Woman instead, because she will COMPLIMENT ME (and we become complimentary to each other) in a Marriage.
And for all intent and purposes, my life would never be this "beautiful", without the complimentary effect of my own wife! Ditto her own life too.

Some Women should get out of this "combative and inferiority mentality" and see/appreciate how important they are, as a WOMAN, a female GENDER, very DIFFERENT and therefore NOT EQUAL but UNIQUE, from that of the MALE GENDER.

Women are just as important as the Men. Both need each other for "Optimal living and Life".

But they are still different and unequal.

There is no superiority Fight.

When it comes to marriage, where they both agree to marry (for mutual benefit), then the WIFE MUST be respectful and Submissive to the Husband, while the HUSBAND in-turn, MUST LOVE his WIFE, 'as' an object to be treasured, cared for and protected at all cost, even to his life!

So, looking at it from that angle, it is a win-win situation for both Man and Woman, that requires no "aggression and the kind of fight" that all these feminazzi are trying to force on everyone.

I salute those Women who have sen the Wisdom of being "Women" and the foolishness of trying to be Men or what they are not!

4 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by sarrki(m): 4:37am On Jun 20, 2017
lovelygurl:

Now listen you bastard. I don't have the patience or the time to deal with an illiterate with an extremely low IQ, so let that be they very last time you quote me

Too harsh Madame

Its a forum

Keep it cool and simple

Pass your message without insult

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Mujtahida: 4:48am On Jun 20, 2017
Rukkydelta:

How can one be submissive to someone she don't love?
It's totally impossible unless the submission will comes from fear or cos of money
And it is stated in the Bible that women should love their husbands although it isn't much emphasis is not place on it unlike men should love their wives cos it's mainly the men's duty to show care and God knows that woman desires naturally to be pampered(not spoilt)and men desires respect

Titus 2:4-5
And so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
Thank you. They keep spreading that teaching from God knows where

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by MrIcredible: 4:49am On Jun 20, 2017
sexybbstar:
I saw a thread earlier on (why do guy thinks girls are whores?) I think this is my own view.

You had better stop comparing, if God wants equal rights for us all, he would have created everyone with p.enis or va.gina. But the difference in our private organ and body build shows that what is good for one may not be good for the other.

If a male child should become wayward, believe me if he repents, not a sign of it will be on his body but if a female child becomes wayward, I won't lie to you, let her become a pastor. There will still be signs to show for it like sagged breasts, wide va.gina, etc.Tell me can a man have a deformed organ as a result of being promiscuous.? obviously no!

Don't compare the two together.A lady that compare herself with a man is playing a dangerous game. U sure know that when he have sex with u without protection, u would get pregnant and u will receive the blame. Yet u allowed him, don't blame anyone for your misfortune because u are aware that the lady takes the blame.

Man and woman are two different words with different attributes. A man who lives like a woman won't find it easy and vice versa. Even two ladies are not the same not to talk of a man and a woman.

You want gender equality, ladies. Can you impregnate a fellow lady? Even those of us who transgendered to become a man still have so many manly activities they can't do.

Learn to appreciate your gender and bring out the best from it.
@ bolded, you are wrong!
Do you research and thank me later.

I prostitute can have a very firm body and a promiscuous guy would have a wrinkled penis skin and...
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Reference(m): 4:52am On Jun 20, 2017
Gender wahala. One of the great debates of our time. But one with a lot of misconceptions and this is yet another. Terminologies such as equal, different, better are often used improperly in trying to convey certain perspectives. I like to use practical examples in trying to paint my views. So here I go:

I will like to exemplify man and woman to be the currencies United States dollar and British pound respectively (or the other way round if you suddenly become sentimental). Both are currencies of trade, commerce and exchange the same way the man and woman are human beings. Both intermingle on currency markets everyday in the billions the same way men and women interact. There the similarities or relationships end.

Can we say one is superior to the other. If so, what makes it. Can we say they are equal to each other. If so what makes them. For most folks out there make the mistake of direct comparison but the facts are clear. The pound is the pound, the dollar is the dollar and if you are to be a successful international teader you need both. One cannot exist without intermingling with the other. What gives the dollar or pound its value like man or woman thus lies intrinsically.

Today the nominal value of the pound is higher than the dollar, but the American economy which the dollar underpins is larger than the British so will you rather live in America or Britain. Most will prefer America, but a lot will say they prefer the quiet orderliness of Britain because not everything in life amounts to money and the argument goes on and on. So there is never going to be a sound argument that will favour one over the other or cause one to desire to be the other. And because of these 'merits' and 'demerits' occuring almost equally I rhink God is his wisdom created man and woman to be 'equal' but distinctly 'different'.

Why then should Britain aspire to be like America or America aspire to have its dollar equal the pound when they have distinct qualities that simply cannot be shared. Man and woman have so, so many distinct qualities that simply cannot be shared, physically, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually and on and on. And in such a balanced manner that it makes no one gender 'significantly better' than the other.

So I see equality between man and woman as complimentary not as competitively because the issues of life are often not as simple, straight forward and predictable. I mean I have never seen a carpenter go to work with a hammer alone, or a farmer with a hoe alone or seamstress with a needle alone. It takes a whole lot of tools to get things done, all distinct from one another, all complimentary, none superior. This is what God thought in creating man and woman to do his work. A hammer will never want to be a saw. It cannot do the job, simple, but the job cannot be done without a hammer.

We should quit these senseless arguments. Feminism and masculinity are just symptomatic of failed thinking. Man and woman are equal, just different.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by repogirl(f): 5:05am On Jun 20, 2017
sexybbstar:
I saw a thread earlier on (why do guy thinks girls are whores?) I think this is my own view.

You had better stop comparing, if God wants equal rights for us all, he would have created everyone with p.enis or va.gina. But the difference in our private organ and body build shows that what is good for one may not be good for the other.

If a male child should become wayward, believe me if he repents, not a sign of it will be on his body but if a female child becomes wayward, I won't lie to you, let her become a pastor. There will still be signs to show for it like sagged breasts, wide va.gina, etc.Tell me can a man have a deformed organ as a result of being promiscuous.? obviously no!

Don't compare the two together.A lady that compare herself with a man is playing a dangerous game. U sure know that when he have sex with u without protection, u would get pregnant and u will receive the blame. Yet u allowed him, don't blame anyone for your misfortune because u are aware that the lady takes the blame.

Man and woman are two different words with different attributes. A man who lives like a woman won't find it easy and vice versa. Even two ladies are not the same not to talk of a man and a woman.

You want gender equality, ladies. Can you impregnate a fellow lady? Even those of us who transgendered to become a man still have so many manly activities they can't do.

you need to read up what gender equality really means, not this crap you wrote here.

Years ago women were not allowed to vote, they were​ not allowed education and were not given access to lots of things you and I now enjoy today. If no one raised the awareness for equal rights for women, you wouldn't have access to lots of things you do now. You probably wouldn't even be able to read/ write, talk more of type nonsense from a phone.

BTW promiscuity doesnt slack the breast, there are virgins with slacked breasts, neither does it widen the vagina. If a woman can push out the size of a baby and the vagina remains fine, what lasting damage can a pénis do?

Please go and read some more and be sure of what exactly you want to talk about, before you open a t
thread reeking of ignorance and backwardness.

Condemn promiscuity in both sexes if thats what you want to do. Sex is symbiotic, both parties enjoy it together and both will share its consequences together.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by adimsmt: 5:06am On Jun 20, 2017
sexybbstar:

I concur with some of what you are saying but my understanding about gender equality discussions in Nigeria is a large population of our people is yet to understand the real meaning of what gender equality debate is all about.
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Richydos(m): 5:07am On Jun 20, 2017
Rukkydelta:

How can one be submissive to someone she don't love?
It's totally impossible unless the submission will comes from fear or cos of money
And it is stated in the Bible that women should love their husbands although it isn't much emphasis is not place on it unlike men should love their wives cos it's mainly the men's duty to show care and God knows that woman desires naturally to be pampered(not spoilt)and men desires respect

Titus 2:4-5
And so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
So who will train these young women... Is it the men also

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 5:09am On Jun 20, 2017
Mujtahida:

Please stop spreading the wrong teaching that the Bible never commanded women to love their husbands. I have heard this teaching and I know it is false. I guess it was one Pastor that came up with this teaching and then others have sheepishly regurgitated it just like the teaching that since God gave wife to Adam and it thereafter brought trouble into the world God has stopped giving wives to men. Read this :

Titus 2:3-5 New International Version (NIV)
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. THEN THEY CAN URGE THE YOUNGER WOMEN TO LOVE THEIR HUSBANDS AND CHILDREN, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

When your Bible commands you guys to love one another like in 1st John 4:7 and where Jesus said the greatest Commandment is to love God, then your neighbour as yourself shey women are excluded from doing so when they find themselves in marriage?

Abeg go and delete that heresy from your write up Ladies will read it now and use it to justify all kinds of unimaginable things because a lot of women don't really have things thought out for themselves especially in spiritual matters, they just follow. I know because that's what a married woman I know says to justify her misbehaviour - the Bible doesn't command me to love my husband

You are so mixed-up!
To every statement, there is what is called CONTEXT.
It is the "context", that gives "actual meaning", to a statement.

For clarity, let me use a common example:
My friend who is Caucasian, can call me a "Nigga" while we are having a banter, and l would not take offence ...simply because of the "context" (banter)
Now, if another Caucasian person gets annoyed and calls me the same "Nigga", l will take offence......... because of the difference in "context".

The Context of your biblical Quotes above, are different from that of which we are talking about here.
Also, an "Admonition" is different from a "Command".

An "admonition" is only "obligatory" in performance. you dont commit an offence, when you dont obey or follow it. It is only given for your own good.

A "Command" on the other hand is MANDATORY in performance, you MUST OBEY it and you commit an offence, if you dont perform it.

Finally, "Commands" like LAWS, take precedence over "Admonitions", because they are "Mandatory" while admonitions are only "Obligatory".

Now, back to your Biblical quotes, WIVES are "COMMANDED" to be "Submissive to and Respectful of" their Husbands.
That is a Command and it is Mandatory. It is not obligatory!

Let me quickly point out here that this "command" does not apply to ALL WOMEN!
It applies ONLY to Women who have elected to be the "WIFE" to a certain man called their HUSBAND.
This implies that "as a woman" (or Female gender), you are not under any command to be "submissive and respectful" to any Man, unless you have elected him to be your Husband, and you his wife, by that "solemn act of marriage".
This "command" applies ONLY within the institution of Marriage.

Let us be very clear on this.

To "LOVE" one another or Love your "Husband and children"..... so that the word of God will not be maligned, is an "admonishment" for a particular purpose, as evident in the phrase you quoted.

The kind of Love being implied here is a "general type" of love (CONTEXTUAL) and yo can see that Kids, God, Neighbours and all others are "blanketly-included" within the phrase.

These is why l said "context" is very important here.

Same reason why l said "submission and being respectful of" your husband is a 'command', taking precedence over the "Loving your husband", ... which is an admonition, taking 'second place' and only effective ....when the 'command' is obeyed first
You cant disobey a "command" while claiming to obey an "admonition"!
. undecided

How can you even "love" your husband, if you are not initially submissive and respectful of him or to put it in the 'corollary', ....if you are "aggressive with, and disrespectful, of him"?

Any "wife" that is "submissive and respectful" of her Husband, is already "loving" the husband!
"Love for the husband" is already "subsumed" in that phrase ..........."be Submissive and respectful" of your husband.

Dont rush, just meditate properly on what l have written...before you comment about it further.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Reference(m): 5:09am On Jun 20, 2017
Daboomb:

Thank you for this!

"Genders" are created "DIFFERENT" because they are supposed to be COMPLIMENTARY ....so, the issue of "EQUALITY or BEING EQUAL", does not even arise!

As a Man, l can as well marry another Man, if l think he would compliment me (to provide that which l lack, while l provide that which 'he' lacks, for a better Union) in a Marriage but that is "distasteful, pervert and not possible" because we are of EQUAL and SAME GENDER.

So, l marry a Woman instead, because she will COMPLIMENT ME (and we become complimentary to each other) in a Marriage.
And for all intent and purposes, my life would never be this "beautiful", without the complimentary effect of my own wife! Ditto her own life too.

Some Women should get out of this "combative and inferiority mentality" and see/appreciate how important they are, as a WOMAN, a female GENDER, very DIFFERENT and therefore NOT EQUAL but UNIQUE, from that of the MALE GENDER.

Women are just as important as the Men. Both need each other for "Optimal living and Life".

But they are still different and unequal.

There is no superiority Fight.

When it comes to marriage, where they both agree to marry (for mutual benefit), then the WIFE MUST be respectful and Submissive to the Husband, while the HUSBAND in-turn, MUST LOVE his WIFE, 'as' an object to be treasured, cared for and protected at all cost, even to his life!

So, looking at it from that angle, it is a win-win situation for both Man and Woman, that requires no "aggression and the kind of fight" that all these feminazzi are trying to force on everyone.

I salute those Women who have sen the Wisdom of being "Women" and the foolishness of trying to be Men or what they are not!

You are partly wrong. They donot universally have an inferiority mentality. The facts are often clear in black and white. What I think they desire amongst many things is to be treated equally at work, in the home, etc. In terms of opportunity, equal pay for equal work, discrimination based on gender and on and on. There are real empirical stats to back up claims that women are not given a fair deal in many instances globally. This is absolutely true and absolutely wrong. Returning to my example. If for instance you feel women are complimentary and necessary tools to getting the 'tasks' of life done will you as a carpenter treat your hammer differently from your saw. I mean will you spend more on one than the other, will you treat one with respect and ignore the other. After the day's work will you clean, polish and carefully store one and leave the other lying in the mud... will you accomplish your task that way. I think the attitude we have to the roles and responsibilities of both sexes will go along way in determining our future accomplishments and prosperity. No wonder Africa remains behind.

While other countries maximise the potentials God has given both sexes we are like a 4 cylinder engine having two blown plugs. How can you possibly keep up in the race of life.

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by MidasTouche01(m): 5:11am On Jun 20, 2017
Say no to Equality...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by ezteem(m): 5:13am On Jun 20, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
Do you know that God is d most heartbroken being in the world? Look at what i mean... Just like God finds it hard to find an absolutely devoted Christian who dares to be different from the bandwagon around him, so do men find it difficult to find a devoted woman who dares to stay away from the general belief and influence of other women.

Some women will claim to love their husband but the bible never commanded them to love their man. I dont know what makes them think that its love he needs. Their command is to submit to and respect their man yet its the inverse that's happening in the world today..the man respects and almost submit to show his love for her which is fair and ok. But while he does that, she claims to love him. The question is did God ask you to love him? Submit he says.

Its d woman who needs love, the man needs submission...God knows what he made.

When a woman says she loves her man, sincerely it means nothing to d man, he just accepts it as his wife's manner of expression. But when she respects him, then he knows she loves him.

Op you're thinking properly and it will favour you greatly if you keep to it. Women like you are scarce. Weldone!

Trust me,all these rules were set by Humans . Not God. It's funny how women naturally see themselves as feeble when everyone was once a woman in the womb. Showing that a small number a men are actually needed for the world to thrive(watch population ratio and gender birth rate). I'm a man too, and if I have a cute wife or girlfriend and I'm allowed to write rules that keep her in check , I'll definitely choose submission over love. Love can get wrinkly over time and fade off. But submission....... go and ask the Israelites what submission was for 400 years. Women have had submission all their lives. Love brings equality,submission is something else shaa( the Bible is filled with self contradicting books).That's why some women wake up everyday to do nothing because they believe it's the guys that provide.

Even God doesn't want your love. It's your submission. .If 99.9% of the human existence can not keep up with this ...... How do you think women can stay submissive.

I have my own creation story, eve came first, before Adam, if Adam was on the earth first, the snake would have tested him first and he'll be more experienced and know not to eat the fruit since he spent a long while naming and receiving first hand rules from God.

Everything is all in the head.

Eve was actually smarter and more experienced showing she was more like a mother or a bigger figure to him. The Story was cooked up by Man.

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 5:13am On Jun 20, 2017
adimsmt:

I concur with some of what you are saying but my understanding about gender equality discussions in Nigeria is a large population of our people is yet to understand the real meaning of what gender equality debate is all about.

Why is it so difficult for the proponents of this "Gender Equality in Nigeria" to please EDUCATE US NIGERIANS, about what it means, that is different from what we understand it to mean? angry angry

Why cant you ladies just break it down to simple vernacular, if you think we Nigerians dont understand the "turainshi" (grammar) with which it is written abroad? grin grin

Or is it that most of you are actually clueless about what you are blindly following, simply because it is trending overseas?

I am asking because l want us to "break it down" so that Nigerians can understand it.
That is a noble thing, right? undecided undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by jomoh: 5:16am On Jun 20, 2017
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by jomoh: 5:17am On Jun 20, 2017
Melonny:
As you have said, let's appreciate our gender. I would like to point out what really GENDER EQUALITY is, Gender equality is achieved when women and men enjoy the same rights and opportunities across all sectors of society, including economic participation and decision-making, and when the different behaviours, aspirations and needs of women and men are equally valued and favoured (genderequality.ie)
So, it doesn't mean men and women become the same, we should have access to same opportunities.

There is nothing like gender equality. Men and Women are never equal and we can never get equal opportunity in everything.

The roles of man and woman are very different relative to our physical structure. It is more evident in animals than in man. Can there be equality in football, boxing, mining, military, Firefighting etc if we share every opportunity equally then we should share every responsibility equally but we both know this is impossible.

If we are to share everything equally, the woman folk will be on the losing side cos the women folk will have to go through the stress of pregnancy and all and then again still go ahead and sure the responsibility of providing for the family. Now tell me if that will be fair.

As long as we cannot share the responsibility equally then we shouldn't share the opportunity equally.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Reference(m): 5:21am On Jun 20, 2017
MidasTouche01:
Say no to Equality...

You are equally wrong grin (no pun intended) for I cannot imagine who is the child or short dude than needs a taller stool to 'attain'. This is the problem that the women folk have to overcome. Women are NOT disadvantaged in anyway by creation. They are not inferior by default for God does not make mistakes Thus they donot need affirmative action. The world is simply not focused in their direction and is not exploiting their potentials, period. It is the world that is losing.
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by MidasTouche01(m): 5:22am On Jun 20, 2017
Reference:

You are equally wrong grin (no pun intended) for I cannot imagine who is the child or short dude than needs a taller stool to 'attain'. This is the problem that the women folk have to overcome. Women are NOT disadvantaged in anyway by creation. They are not inferior by default for God does not make mistakes Thus they donot need affirmative action. The world is simply not focused in their direction and is not exploiting their potentials, period. It is the world that is losing.

undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by OLAJADON: 5:23am On Jun 20, 2017
lovelygurl:

Don't mind them, they think they are smart but those guys are sooooooo dumb. I swear they are extremely easy to fool. I know exactly what to say for them to shower me with praises, the thing is they will be lies grin

And I am not as desperate as the girl grin and I also loooove using my brain.

I know this may sound funny but a man is always a man while a woman is also a woman, As a Lady you may easily fool some gullible guys that can't control their sexual urge that doesn't make you smart, a real man know what he want and isn't deceived easily.
those guys you think you are outsmarting might just be after your body, although some you may give other you may not so with time it will begin to tell on your body while a man still remain without any sign of sexual escapades.
No matter how you paint the situation or how much you want to make yourself feel good that you and a man are equal, Life has always given we men upper hand learn to live with this bitter truth.
Also I guess you are still young that is why you are talking from this point of view with time you will see the definition of exactly what I mean
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 20, 2017
Melonny:
As you have said, let's appreciate our gender. I would like to point out what really GENDER EQUALITY is, Gender equality is achieved when women and men enjoy the same rights and opportunities across all sectors of society, including economic participation and decision-making, and when the different behaviours, aspirations and needs of women and men are equally valued and favoured (genderequality.ie)
So, it doesn't mean men and women become the same, we should have access to same opportunities.

This here is the original and undiluted purpose of the proponents but over time mostly here in Nigeria, our generation of women has taken it out of context fanned by old ladies who failed in their marriage or those that failed to hitch a man for a husband parading themselves as feminists. Take a dive in the Nigeria social media sphere and you will wonder what the future holds for this country.

Imagine some are already promoting the abolition of pride price and traditional wedding hinging their position on the arguement "Women are not for sale". Claiming marriage is a coming together of equal partners on a quest to arrive at a common goal. In their opinion if along the line the centre no longer holds, everyone is free to walk away and chart a new course with no hindrances.

Is this the world we honestly want? What happens to the children from such arrangement? Have they honestly and thoroughly taken an x-ray of the kind of society they intend betrothing to our children?

Please women of this generation, go back to God in truth and in its undiluted form. The pastorprenuers have destroyed the house of God and this is the reason we are where we are today. Bible has been turned upside down and the portions that teaches good morals expunged from their teachings​.

God help us all.

Oya let the attacks begin. Thank God I am well clad in my best armour already.

4 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by prudentkolly(m): 5:29am On Jun 20, 2017
Many thanks to the ops, there's nothing like gender equality. God said in Qur'an that man should be the leader of the house, provide for her wife and protect her. Gender equality will always bring joblessness for men in the society and empower women to become leader of the house. God knows best.

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by OLAJADON: 5:33am On Jun 20, 2017
sexybbstar:

Okay, thank you ma. Everybody is entitled to his or her opinions, That's my opinion and you just stated yours......AND IT'S APPRECIATED.
OLAJADON:

I know this may sound funny but a man is always a man while a woman is also a woman, As a Lady you may easily fool some gullible guys that can't control their sexual urge that doesn't make you smart, a real man know what he want and isn't deceived easily.
those guys you think you are outsmarting might just be after your body, although some you may give other you may not so with time it will begin to tell on your body while a man still remain without any sign of sexual escapades.
No matter how you paint the situation or how much you want to make yourself feel good that you and a man are equal, Life has always given we men upper hand learn to live with this bitter truth.
Also I guess you are still young that is why you are talking from this point of view with time you will see the definition of exactly what I mean
when your fellow women start to see things from the above point of view maybe that is when we will start having less divorce rate, some may even foolishly want to go head to head with a man, how pathetic.
I guess maybe most of those bashing you are still very young which haven't actually have much experiences that is why they are forming Chris brown, with time life has it ways of organising it own tutorial class.

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 20, 2017
sarrki:

Too harsh Madame

Its a forum

Keep it cool and simple

Pass your message without insult

Mr peacemaker that's such a sweet thing to say but I noticed that you didn't quote the idiot that quoted me first and was just spewing insults. Are you telling me you didn't see that or Mr goodie goodie you just felt I decided to insult him out of nowhere undecided

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 20, 2017
Has anyone said men and women were biologically the same?
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by WachsComedy: 5:47am On Jun 20, 2017
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by praise1705(f): 5:47am On Jun 20, 2017
feminism and gender equality are two different things

for a ship (marriage or relationship) to keep on going, there has to be only one captain NOT two

when a lady becomes promiscuous it doesn't necessarily mean that the vagina becomes slack or wide, it varies, some women after child birth, it returns to the normal form while for others it doesn't even for virgins, the muscle down there is elastic and as strong as the sphincter muscle in the anus.

do whatever rocks your boat ur life ur choice
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Gamusgamus: 5:51am On Jun 20, 2017
sexybbstar:

Absolutely,, when God created man, he was satisfied and confidant that man will obey h and keep his commandments, all that changed the moment the woman was created, this made God to regret ever creating the woman for the man, the referred to the woman as a weaker vessel cos she led MSN to sin. May God give us understanding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

"Men From Age 19 To 27 Are Liabilities, Don’t Date Them" - Nigerian Lady Warns / Should I Still Marry Her After Yahoo Boys Have Used Her Destiny? / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.