Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money (9973 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by influenz: 8:36am On Jun 11, 2017
My good pal just revealed to me that a friend of his has been missing church service in recent times because things have been tight and most times he avoid going to church because he does nor have offering money.

Is this wrong?
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by IhateAfonjas(m): 8:41am On Jun 11, 2017
If you don't have offering or tithe, just stay at home,
God will not even notice you went to church, he's busy attending to people who came with their offering

Secondly, The pastor needs to feed his family, buy a new Rolls Royce, buy a new private jet, put this in consideration and always work hard during the week so you would have the pastor's offering on Sunday

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by holyboss: 8:41am On Jun 11, 2017
As a teenager, I wouldn't go to church if I didn't have #100. How much more now.

Why would I want to go to a church where the bae sitting beside me uses an iphone 7, and gladly put #1000 in the offering envelope when I have nothing to put?

Dafuk! Need I say that we don't go to church to worship 100% these days. It's for logical competition.

Even pastors dont appretiate broke church members nowdays.

16 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 11, 2017
influenz:
My good pal just revealed to me that a friend of his has been missing church service in recent times because things have been tight and most times he avoid going to church because he does nor have offering money.

Is this wrong?

Yes it is.

You go to church to hear from God and to receive his Word, and to fellowship with other Christians....not to show others your financial status by your ability to give offerings and tithes.

If people are judging you because you put nothing in the offering basket....then the problem is with their wrong idea of what Church is than whether you put offering in the basket or not.

The Work of God will go on regardless of your financial contribution.God wants a relationship with you based on what is in your heart....not whether you can give Him things every time.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:41am On Jun 11, 2017
Whether you go to church or not doesnt matter,

What matters is how good ur heart is and how good you are to your brother

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by breezy007(m): 8:41am On Jun 11, 2017
No it is not
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by PqsMike: 8:41am On Jun 11, 2017
Well.......I wouldn't know ........but I guess its wrong
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2017
A rat swallowed a diamond and the owner of the diamond contracted a Man to kill the rat.
When the rat hunter arrived to kill the rat, there were more than a thousand rats bunched up all together and one sitting by itself away from the pack. He spotted and killed the one sitting by itself and to the owner's surprise, that was the exact one that had swallowed the diamond!!!
The amazed owner then asked: "How did you know it was that rat?"
He responded: "Very easy.....When idiots get rich, they don't mix with others!!!"
Good Morning & Have An Amazing Sunday

62 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by LagosismyHome(f): 8:42am On Jun 11, 2017
influenz:

Is this wrong?

Wow see what our society has caused by the wrong messages church gives out ............ why would someone feel bad when he really doesnt have offering money .

. Is it now better he steals just to give an offering. Na wa . The religion we practise in Nigeria is the foundation of our many problems .

There nothing wrong if you dont have offering money

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Boscojugunu(m): 8:42am On Jun 11, 2017
honest replies please. Am seriously guilty of this
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by officialteemi(m): 8:43am On Jun 11, 2017
nope.....
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 11, 2017
How can he go to church, when churches nowadays if you don't have money you look like a dead man among the living. That was how a girl in Oshodi and her family stays in one room together she always support Chris Embassy with 500k every October 1st. One pastor Mr John love that girl more than everyone in the church...he always insult my cousins because they were broke and couldn't make a pledge.

nowadays, if you don't have money you cannot go to church. i stop going to church and paying my offering, the new thing i learned is that i give all my offerings to beggars every week.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by okooloyun1(m): 8:44am On Jun 11, 2017
I pay whatever I have can't kill myself coz of offering.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Tolubory(m): 8:44am On Jun 11, 2017
influenz:

Is this wrong?
Hmm......
Firstly, Who says it's wrong and Who says its right?
Brethren, Don't get into the War of Body and Minds .....
Do what you think it's Right ....
You can't force Coconut Tree to give you Honey!!!!!
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Ansha47: 8:45am On Jun 11, 2017
Yes its very wrong God does not need his money he knows he doesn't have so he will be blame for that and who knows maybe his helper is in the church

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 11, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Wow see what our society has caused by the wrong messages church gives out ............ why would someone feel bad when he really doesnt have offering money .
There nothing wrong if you dont have offering money .

This is not the matter of society. Go to some churches without offering. You will neva think of going back there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by kullozone(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2017
Hehehehehehehehe!
But why this sunday threads kon funny like this na? Adon laugh taya, now I don't know whether to cry join.
You guys have to pay for the entertainment na... No free show for anybody oh!
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Jamesmatic(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2017
Una they here de blame Kelechi Iheanacho & Alex Iwobi 4 Nt scoring against S/A, who were u expecting dem 2 score for.. Nigeria or Biafra

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by kevoh(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2017
influenz:

Is this wrong?

Church wahala... tongue tongue tongue Yes it is wrong, tell your pal's friend to go to church, he is not a good Christian oo! No excuse, if it's to steal or borrow the money for offering let him do it tongue , because god is truly broke else he will backslide and go and roast in hell fire created by god for unbelievers and poor Christians who miss church because of lack of funds. cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by HueyFrEeMan(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2017
Firstly the way most churches go about this offering of a thing is what causes this in the first place. The environment would make you too conscious about giving your offering I attended this church and I was shy to drop 50 bucks in the basket just because of the importance placed on the offerings.
My church approach remains the best. If you don't have any offering lift up your hands and offer your life to God and after service you walk to the basket and drop your offering.
What most churches and ppl don't understand is offering is a means of worship but has been abused and turned to something else entirely.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by seunny4lif(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2017
I don't know
Wait the guy below me will answer becos he is a pastor

I'm going back to bed
Sleep dey worry me
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 11, 2017
haha..
Church is no longer the place for worship but a place for business transactions, drama exhibition. it has lost it valur in Africa, because it has made youths of this country depend entirely on God for everything.

you don't have light, you prefer God to fix it for you.
you don't have God roads, God will fix it for us
you don't have Job, God will fix it for us
you don't have good leaders, God will appoint one for us.
Doctors are on strike, God will fix it for us.

when are we going to apply our God given brain to solve fixable problems,

God is real, but the way we go about religion in this part of the world is so sad, it has made us gullible, lazy and too dependant on God.

meanwhile, i have counter question below,

Do you go to church because you live God or because Yiu want to make heaven?

Who knows God's marking scheme for allowing people into heaven?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by 0b100100111: 8:46am On Jun 11, 2017
When did church become a compulsory place u have to go to?

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but yourself can free your mind"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by chino4(m): 8:47am On Jun 11, 2017
How much do you have that u can give to God ?.He owns it all so better go to church and receive the blessings .God understands if you don't have cos he sees the heart of Man.Atleast when next you go to church with money you would understand that it is he that provided for you because the last time you visited him,you didn't have to offer to him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by babyfaceafrica: 8:47am On Jun 11, 2017
That is why pastors should focus more on getting converts,not just money, a lot of people are ashamed of going to church because they don't have money...it shouldn't be so!!

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by seunny4lif(m): 8:47am On Jun 11, 2017
LagosismyHome:

. Is it now better he steals just to give an offering. Na wa . The religion we practise in Nigeria is the foundation of our many problems .

There nothing wrong if you dont have offering money
In Nigeria or Western world?
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 11, 2017
0b100100111:
When did church become a compulsory place u have to go to?

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but yourself can free your mind"
wooo.....
have no fear for atomic energy cos none of 'em can stop the time....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by LagosismyHome(f): 8:49am On Jun 11, 2017
OrestesDante:

This is not the matter of society. Go to some churches without offering. You will neva think of going back there.

In where are these some churches . ..... only in Nigeria hence why there something deeply wrong with our Society in Nigeria

Does God need your money ? ...... or its an earthly pastor who has guilt tripped you into thinking so . Church is about sharing Gods words and praying together. Why should the focus of going to church be about offering. Is that how it was in the 80s in Nigeria? ...Nope .

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by BEASTER(m): 8:50am On Jun 11, 2017
We do go church not for offertery but to share to words of GOD our creator. So having money or not is not an excuss to absent yourself from church and our GOD who sees both visible and invisible knows the heart desire of his children.quote author=influenz post=57405871]My good pal just revealed to me that a friend of his has been missing church service in recent times because things have been tight and most times he avoid going to church because he does nor have offering money.

Is this wrong?[/quote]
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by samtee37(m): 8:50am On Jun 11, 2017
Church isn't meant for show biz, after all,you ain't going to be showcasing d amount you want to drop.. .. It's not about the amount you dropped, what matter is the heart you used in the dropping it.....
Am sure you can still remember the story of the woman in the Bible, that drop her last penny and she was honored than the big men that dropped millions..

Moreover, how much do you want to give self, which can be equate to all his kindness upon you
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Pavore9: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2017
Hian! Attending Church is basically to hear the word of God and having an empty pocket is not a crime against God but it could be to some Church leaders!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by ekensi01: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2017
I have forgotten when last i gave offering but keep going to church 3ice a week. Grow up op

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hello Heathens! / Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? / Free The Nation Tour 2018: Daddy Freeze Looking For International, Local Venues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.