Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money (9958 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You were in the wrong place. That girl was just carried away. There are churches looking for people to deliver the word of God to without financial consideration but again it will be hypocritical for anyone to say he doesn't have money for offering but would have it for spending unnecessary things. For example it will be foolish for a guy to watch Epl for N50 yet would come to God empty handed
You are right bro.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by khordistic(m): 9:45am On Jun 11, 2017
izzy4shizzy:
Whether you go to church or not doesnt matter,

What matters is how good ur heart is and how good you are to your brother
Exactly!!!
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by knick(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2017
9jakohai:

Yes it is.

You go to church to hear from God and to receive his Word, and to fellowship with other Christians....not to show others your financial status by your ability to give offerings and tithes.

If people are judging you because you put nothing in the offering basket....then the problem is with their wrong idea of what Church is than whether you put offering in the basket or not.

The Work of God will go on regardless of your financial contribution.God wants a relationship with you based on what is in your heart....not whether you can give Him things every time.
100% correct.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by tosyne2much(m): 9:47am On Jun 11, 2017
holyboss:
As a teenager, I wouldn't go to church if I didn't have #100. How much more now.

Why would I want to go to a church where the bae sitting beside me uses an iphone 7, and gladly put #1000 in the offering envelope when I have nothing to put?

Dafuk! Need I say that we don't go to church to worship 100% these days. It's for logical competition.

Even pastors dont appretiate broke church members nowdays.
I just can't stop laughing cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by martineverest(m): 9:56am On Jun 11, 2017
izzy4shizzy:

well said
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by martineverest(m): 9:58am On Jun 11, 2017
CollinsWeGlobe:
How can he go to church, when churches nowadays if you don't have money you look like a dead man among the living. That was how a girl in Oshodi and her family stays in one room together she always support Chris Embassy with 500k every October 1st. One pastor Mr John love that girl more than everyone in the church...he always insult my cousins because they were broke and couldn't make a pledge.

nowadays, if you don't have money you cannot go to church. i stop going to church and paying my offering, the new thing i learned is that i give all my offerings to beggars every week.
u spoke my mind
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 11, 2017
I honestly don't think it's about the money it's about the church and how spiritually grounded he feels attending. He may not have enough but if you he doesn't feel like worshipping in that particular setting nothing will motivate him to go not even having money. I prefer to go to is further than where I live. It's really about the church and less about his money.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by oyienootieno: 10:10am On Jun 11, 2017
Ask a Pastorpreneur i swear His answer won't be straight. Then make your judgement
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Bluebrain101: 10:15am On Jun 11, 2017
i understand this naive christian and people say if u give offering the pastor is gonna eat it all and mind u not all pastors are false. u can give offering not just only money but praise, thanks and even ur tym. it all depends on ur heart

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by ekensi01: 10:23am On Jun 11, 2017
buffalowings:

But don't you feel weird when it's offering time and you wouldn't stand up
i do stand up and move about then go back to my sit, sometimes i just burn and like am angry nobody would dare to look.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by marooh: 10:24am On Jun 11, 2017
I read somewhere in proverb where is state that "it is bad to go in the house of God empty hand"
So, I think offering matters.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by holyboss: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2017
tosyne2much:
I just can't stop laughing cheesy cheesy
grin grin God help us!
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by sarahade(f): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2017
influenz:
My good pal just revealed to me that a friend of his has been missing church service in recent times because things have been tight and most times he avoid going to church because he does nor have offering money.

Is this wrong?
Must you pay offering and tithe ni.
Odawipe won fi Se Yin ni mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by yinks0067: 10:43am On Jun 11, 2017
OrestesDante:

This is not the matter of society. Go to some churches without offering. You will neva think of going back there.
Hmmmmm
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by james25data: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2017
No
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by yinks0067: 10:59am On Jun 11, 2017
Ezechinwa:
haha..
Church is no longer the place for worship but a place for business transactions, drama exhibition. it has lost it valur in Africa, because it has made youths of this country depend entirely on God for everything.

you don't have light, you prefer God to fix it for you.
you don't have God roads, God will fix it for us
you don't have Job, God will fix it for us
you don't have good leaders, God will appoint one for us.
Doctors are on strike, God will fix it for us.

when are we going to apply our God given brain to solve fixable problems,

God is real, but the way we go about religion in this part of the world is so sad, it has made us gullible, lazy and too dependant on God.

meanwhile, i have counter question below,

Do you go to church because you live God or because Yiu want to make heaven?

Who knows God's marking scheme for allowing people into heaven?

Most people attend church because they want there sufferings to be over ,for protection and a means of social gathering and prosperity.none but few attend church because they want to make heaven . What we all dont knw is that if we attend church from now till end it dosent gurantee that you will get rich .tgat is why God said seek the kingdom of God and other things follow. The other things are not richies and wealth ....

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 11, 2017
A Pastor Who Tells U To Stay Away From Church Becos Of Offering Is A Poor Pastor.
Dont Care Hw Many Jets He Has.
People Who Avoid Church Becos Offering Are Lost.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by yinks0067: 11:34am On Jun 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You were in the wrong place. That girl was just carried away. There are churches looking for people to deliver the word of God to without financial consideration but again it will be hypocritical for anyone to say he doesn't have money for offering but would have it for spending unnecessary things. For example it will be foolish for a guy to watch Epl for N50 yet would come to God empty handed

Who owns that 50 card ? No be pastor ..see i just they
Laylow for this thread since ni ....all this offering is for the
Pastor and his cronies.if you make an offering have u seek
What does offerings are spent on ..common we talking offerings that what millions eveery sunday.
If offering is not important to the church heads why is it that an offering made in a village church
Must be reported to the district head in the city..see only we can free ourselves.During my Nysc Cds
We make offerings to less priviledge and ensure that our donations help the less priviledge in the society.that is offering .!!
How many churches has taken to the street to feed the beggers with church offerings !xtians pls scrutinize where your offering goes!!!
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by kenralph(m): 11:44am On Jun 11, 2017
OrestesDante:

wooo.....
have no fear for atomic energy cos none of 'em can stop the time....
...How long shall they kill our brothers while we stand aside and look. ...
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Bluebrain101: 11:45am On Jun 11, 2017
yinks0067:

What does offerings are spent on ..common we talking offerings that what millions eveery sunday.
If offering is not important to the church heads why is it that an offering made in a village church
Must be reported to the district head in the city..see only we can free ourselves.During my Nysc Cds
We make offerings to less priviledge and ensure that our donations help the less priviledge in the society.that is offering .!!
How many churches has taken to the street to feed the beggers with church offerings !xtians pls scrutinize where your offering goes!!!

Hey calm down there are some churches that give cheerfully to the needy without any financial aid
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by perex00(m): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
whether you go to church or not, God still remains God. kiss
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by mikkyword(m): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
izzy4shizzy:

u r totally wrong sir, this doctrine is not of God.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by abels(m): 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2017
IhateAfonjas:
If you don't have offering or tithe, just stay at home,
God will not even notice you went to church, he's busy attending to people who came with their offering

Secondly, The pastor needs to feed his family, buy a new Rolls Royce, buy a new private jet, put this in consideration and always work hard during the week so you would have the pastor's offering on Sunday
.. Hmmm
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by drugmc22: 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
the house of God is not a place to compete with oda ppl financially bt a place to worship ur creator.its a place more than ur rented apartment, where u are to cast all ur worries .its a place where u can fine peace ,joy harmony, wealth, etc.my broda/sister kip on going nd serve im well bcs he dat sees in secret will reward u openly. read ur bible u will no dat u don't nid money to tek in der,bt will receive money after u leave der.remember u shud nt forsake the gathering of the righteous?
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
yinks0067:

There are many churches assisting beggars worldwide. Secondly offerings are used for maintenance of the church including the pastor and his family. That you give donations to beggars doesn't others don't.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Emmbanny(m): 1:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
influenz:
My good pal just revealed to me that a friend of his has been missing church service in recent times because things have been tight and most times he avoid going to church because he does nor have offering money.

Is this wrong?
you can go to church even if you dont have offering money
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by ozimec(m): 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
influenz:

Is this wrong?

please your friend doesn't need to miss Church attendance because of offering or tithes. Yes God wants us to worship Him through our offerings but, when you don't have, He understands, He knows you more than you know yourself. Serve him with all your heart and obey His commandments that's more important to Him than your money.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by kasali007(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2017
Which one is offering money again...please shift forward lemme faint
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by MistadeRegal(m): 3:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
Base on the kind of church you find yourself. But truth is, either you have offering or not, go and present yourself before GOD.

GOD did not force anyone to flee from HIS presence because you don't have offering. It is GOD you go to worship not man.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
It is wrong
In my church,offertory is not an indispensable part of the mass,my priest sometimes skips it if he wishes
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by ghetto101(m): 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2017
Read your bible plz,the first reason for going to church is not going there to give money,to go church worship the Lord and if you have offering to give great.

influenz:

Is this wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) / Mothering Sunday: Today Is Mother's Day, Celebrate Your Mom! / Is Abortion A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.