Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money (9975 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Princewell2012(m): 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
Boscojugunu:
honest replies please. Am seriously guilty of this

Hmmm actually there is nothing bad but only it is some how shameful to an extend. Even today i didn't give an offering and i know how i felt. You might not understand, since you have never been in that situation before.

And you know after dressing nice and you decided to beg your neighbour sitting beside you, you know how difficult it and shameful it will be? Even our men of God are not helping matter as well. Some churches will even collects up to 3 to 4 times offering. Thank God our church doesn't go out when given there offering unless you wanted to pay your tithe. Hmmm... Well..

I think the best thing to do is to hold small amount of money instead of going empty. I mean nomather how small it it, since your given from ur heart, God will accept it. Remember the widow in the bible.

Infact my own case was different, i have a patch patch and old 100 naira which i couldn't even give to a guy that ask me for help yesterday, so why should i give it to God. But i used it to board a bus on my way home.

Happy Sunday
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by LagosismyHome(f): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2017
smithsydny:
mummy good morning grin

If only you know how young i am.... grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by joyandfaith: 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
influenz:
My good pal just revealed to me that a friend of his has been missing church service in recent times because things have been tight and most times he avoid going to church because he does nor have offering money.

Is this wrong?

Please locate jehovah witnesses in your area and worship with them. No collection or offering is taken .

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/meetings/
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Coolgent(m): 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
Modern slavery.
Wait can someone guard me on how to invest in Church
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Sammmypoko(m): 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2017
IhateAfonjas:
If you don't have offering or tithe, just stay at home,
God will not even notice you went to church, he's busy attending to people who came with their offering

Secondly, The pastor needs to feed his family, buy a new Rolls Royce, buy a new private jet, put this in consideration and always work hard during the week so you would have the pastor's offering on Sunday
This is the most stupid comment have seen this year.Illiterates should not be allowed here pls.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2017
LagosismyHome:

If only you know how young i am.... grin grin
grin shey u get pikin? U be mummy nah.. Lol.. How's u ma'am .. I know ur young as I am as a guy..
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by mzhorlah(f): 9:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
I won't answer this question directly. Romans 1:12 says that we might be mutually encouraged by each other's faith and that I think is the sole reason why we go to church. we go to Church to be encouraged by other people, to be stirred up.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by pstboi: 11:00am On Jun 12, 2017
Most people think God is interested in their money. If not having offering and tithes will make you not to attend services then you are not a Christian.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by monehin1easy(m): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2017
Although, it is not good to go to the house of God empty handed. But nevertheless, God sees your heart. You can go and give God your dancing as offering. Don't let 'no money' discourage you.
Re: Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money by monehin1easy(m): 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2017
pstboi:
Most people think God is interested in their money. If not having offering and tithes will make you not to attend services then you are not a Christian.
God has interest in our money o. In fact, the fastest way to be blessed is by giving our substances. He said He will open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings that even a room can not contain them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free The Nation Tour 2018: Daddy Freeze Looking For International, Local Venues / Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) / I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.