Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Last Gang Standing (Crime) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Last Gang Standing (Crime) (89551 Views)

Last Gang Standing 2: Killers and Fallen Kings.(Crime). / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival / The Last Gang Standing Need Writers Oh. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by meneski(m): 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
wait make ah check my guts to know if am ready and up for this task.......

Me-(picks phone and dials my Guts number) Hello Guts how far? Are we up for this?

Guts- why asking me?

Me-(confused) aren't you my Guts? Who else am I suppose to ask?

Guts- your Instincts ofcos

Me- (super confused) are you serious? Whats the difference? Aren't u d same thing?

Guts- No...we're not. Am 4 letter words while Instincts is 9 letter words...so

Me- (cuts in angrily) na thunder go fire you. Olodo oshi...comot 4 here(ends call and heave a deep sigh). Let me contact Myself...
BRB.
...u r sometin else..correct defenition of ........

1 Like

Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by meneski(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
.....apollux (meneski stretch out the pen of initiation to him ) by the power ganared by me, meneski. Will you please initiate this wonderful work of art according to the topic, as other writers get ready to write along?(other writers whispering to each other)
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by meneski(m): 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
please remember ur numbers....
(1 apollux) (2 pamelb) (3 biafrabushboy) (4 bibi294).....these are the names and numbers of those interested for now......while we wait for more interested writers, these great men and women will give it to us (as in dey hot) LET THE WRITE ALONG BEGIN.
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by adedolapo189(m): 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2017
I smell a great story here........u guys should start nah
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Bibi294(f): 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
meneski:
please remember ur numbers....
(1 apollux) (2 pamelb) (3 biafrabushboy) (4 bibi294).....these are the names and numbers of those interested for now......while we wait for more interested writers, these great men and women will give it to us (as in dey hot) LET THE WRITE ALONG BEGIN.
Guy, I've an idea, why not open a WhatsApp group for the writers too... A place we can discuss, explain, learn and share our ideas and challenges... Just a suggestion tho!
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by meneski(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2017
Bibi294:

Guy, I've an idea, why not open a WhatsApp group for the writers too... A place we can discuss, explain, learn and share our ideas and challenges... Just a suggestion tho!
.......everything its tym....love dat idea....so about ur "hawt" writer?....we need more matured writers,you know?
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Bibi294(f): 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
meneski:
.......everything its tym....love dat idea....so about ur "hawt" writer?....we need more matured writers,you know?

I guess he's having electricity issues in his area sad
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by meneski(m): 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
Bibi294:

I guess he's having electricity issues in his area sad
.....hahahah....wicked factor dat is....as in electricity wahala
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by PamelB(f): 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

lol... I just saw your personal text. it says "I don't reply emails"

How possible now?
u on bbm?
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
PamelB:
u on bbm?
5EFA1341
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2017
So u guys want me to start? Good. Give me few minutes. Well take note I will only be doing dis piece on Nairaland, I wont have a copy of it with me so all my writing and editing will be done here. Wish me luck guys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2017
Chapter one.

Williams Wishdom adjusted his position on the roof of the twelve story building in Les Gurrie, a small part of the city of Paris. It was night and the cold weather of Autumn has created cold damping feeling that seem to have frozen part of his body despite the heavy thermal suit he was putting on.
The floor of the building was made of polished concrete but have gathered some poodle which has seeped through his clothes and tortured his skin with pin picks of pains.
His adjustment was to move the other relatively untouched part of his body to take the position of the part receiving punishment. He had been this way for the past five hours, at least he came up here by 6.45 pm when the sky had hastily clouded over bringing the night faster than at previous times. Maintaining his pose at the top of the building was necessary if he must accomplish his goal. He was hired to take away a target.
Isaac Nystrom is a very powerful mafia boss with stong ties in Sicily. He heads the most powerful and efficient gun running cartel in that island city. With strong ties to the Gordon family in Miami and Antonio Ganzelo cartel in New Mexico. He also keeps a strong supply chain to Berdelio Ferdinand, the head of the Mercelio family in Southern California. He had also made a significant supply for some couple of terrorist cells holding up in Detroit with some AKs, RPGs and frag grenades. Payment had come to him through a secured account linked directly to the office of the Ayatullah's office in Iran. So Isaac Nystrom was a very difficult man to get, highly protected, intelligent and elusive.
His successes have cut deep into the market shares of his competitors, though he doesn't do drugs, yet the drug cartels have increasingly been forced to depend on his for cheap and easybaccess to hardware. Isaac made gun running look so simple.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 11:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
The five hours spent at the same position on this cold almost freezing roof is enough to turn an average man into an ice statue but Williams had survived that. The rigorous training of the special forces talon company of US marine had prepared him for it. He was a top notch sniper while in the military, with eighty one confirmed kills. His accuracy ratio is 75%, pretty high there at the top. What he is facing here is noting compared to the several cold nights spent amidst the mountains of Afghanistan, to take down specific leaders of several dissident groups of the Mujahideen.
After readjusting, he put his eyes once again the the scope of the sniper rifle with him. The rifle is an AS50 manufactured by a British firm, Accuracy International. It is a relatively modern fire arm produced in 2007 and a favorite sniper rifle for the US NAVY SEALs. The rifle allows its users to engage targets at great distance and can use either incendiary or explosive rounds. But Williams' piece have been modified for armor piecing rounds. Bullets almost in the range of 50 caliber, made from coated Teflon that can cut through any known body armor or armored vehicle metal plates for now. It's been known in some cases to be able to perpetrate light armored APC vehicles. Williams choice for this weapon was for several reasons. It employs a gas operated semi-automatic action and muzzle brake allowing for less recoil. It also has a high rate fire of at least five rounds in less than two seconds. Also the gun is very light, easy to transport and can be disassembled in around three minutes, Williams can do it in two. A very crucial part of the rifle's performance that influenced its choice for tonight's job is it has an effective range of 1500meters, this Williams think he will need if he intends surving this job long enough to reep its reward.

2 Likes

Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by meneski(m): 8:17am On Jun 12, 2017
jesus christ! Apollux, are you serious?.....oboy, you just started the "write along" on a wicked platform....i knew you were the right person, for the opening of these masterpiece, i believe you gana blow us away with ur three chapters....other writers pls take note.....apollux don start the game oh. Theblessedman coman see
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2017
The scope on the AS50 have front on it dripping water. He brought out a dry rag and wiped both end of the glasses. He took another peek at the scope. He was looking at the entrance to the MaƮtresse de L'Amour hotel where his target will be coming in later. Due to how difficult it is to get rid of Isaac, an arrangement have been made which will draw him out into a neutral territory and an external hired killer can take him out.
The arrangement have been made by the heads of top mafia families that controls the major criminal organizations in California. They are centered in the major cities of Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento and Oakland. The five dons 9f these families have felt the bit of Isaac rise the most but as business men they know going to war with Isaac in other to bring him down will be counter productive. It will hurt their businesses and money. Also some of the lesser families who enjoy the cheap services rendered by him may band together to oppose them. Also the authorities are always on the look out for such opportunities to clamp on them to shut them down. So a more subtle means to erase him from their territories is called for
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 11:05am On Jun 12, 2017
Looking through the scope, he saw the tall building of the Maitresse L'Amour hotel. About twenty five stories high. Light glinting of its make up of steel, concrete and glass. A two lane road leads to it entrance bounded by both sides with tress. Well the trees might have appeared to an amateur killer to be the perfect spot for taking out Isaac. But that concept is stupid for two reasons :one, the builders and designers of the hotel know that it will attract very powerful and wealthy clients who on occasions may draw attention of attackers. So they deliberately put those tress there as a tempting hiding place for a hired killer to use. Meanwhile every single tree along the avenue of the road leading to the hotel entrance has a CCTV camera and attached with motion sensors. So anyone using any of the tree as a hiding place to strike from is already dead without knowing it. Two, there is no way anyone can kill a target at the hotel while hiding in any of the trees and still expect to survive it. Well Williams is not ready to give up the ghost yet, so he intends to fully survive tonight's job.
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 11:49am On Jun 12, 2017
Light footsteps sounded behind Williams on the roof but he didn't bother turn around. He knew who was coming.
" Seems you are cozy over here,, hugging the ground too tightly for my peace of mind. I'm getting jealous." said a sweet voice as smooth as silk.
"I'd gladly trade places with you Divina. At least if the pay from this job will remain the same." Williams said without turning his eyes away from the scope.
" Nope, you won't get me that easily with that cheap tactic." Davina came closer, squat beside him and planted a light kiss on his cheek." You have the highest job. Without your shot being true, all our efforts tonight will be vain."
"Tsk tsk and someone said she is getting jealous." both ends of Williams lip turned up in a smile.
Davina drop a heavy duffel bag and started to rummage through it. "Wasn't jealous of your job but the sexy pose your lying on the floor evokes. Was worried there is a hole down there you might be screwing." Which brought out a cheerful laugh from her partner.
She pulled out two HKs Heckler & Koch submachine guns. An MP7A1 and a UMP. Boths guns are light and can be fired with single hand with less kick back recoil.,but possess the penetrating power of a full assault rifles. From the bag again she brought out an M203 40mm grenade launcher that was folded stock in other for it to be able to fit in the bag. Other things that came out of the bag were frag grenades and spare clips for the HKs. She dropped the MP7A1 with him with three spare clips and some frag grenades.
"So anything interesting show up yet?" She asked.
" Nah, all cool, quiet and boring." he replied. Just then the tiny speaker on his ear crackled to life. "Buckle up man, the target is on its way. A single black limo with B7 Ballistic Protection Level. That means the vehicle may be strong enough to blunt your shot, so you will have to take him out only when he gets out of the car. That is a window of just between five to ten seconds. "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2017
The voice was that of Streetwise, who handles communication and is in a small truck few kilometers away. "Take note too that the target's limo is shadowed by two bullet proof SUVs one at the front and the other behind. So he should be coming in with around a dozen trigger men. So watch."
"Copy," Williams said. And turning to Davina who was already expecting the call. "It's show time baby."
Davina is a pretty lady with her brunette hair falling behind her neck in ringlets, flashing oval eyes with green coloured pupils. A lovely curved nose and a full round lips that Williams is ever willing to kill for. She is putting on a tight fitting elastic black leather jumpsuit, custom made for easy movement. Her slim athletic body moved with sinous grace.
She kiss him briefly on the lips. "Goodluck honey, see you later." Taking the duffel bag with her, she walked toward the door leading to the steps. She has a very important role to play for Williams successful get-away after the job is done, to run interference.
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by meneski(m): 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2017
can i call you the tiger man
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2017
meneski:
can i call you the tiger man
Lol... I don't know. I'm sure I don't have fangs and claws and I'm definitely not feline grin
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2017
The major five dons had come up with the plan that will eliminate Isaac without fingers directly pointed at their direction. They had forged a temporal alliance in other to jointly attended to the commonly perceived enemy. The plan is to call Isaac Nystrom for a business meeting. They hinted on making him their main supplier for hardware to used. And one of the them, don Gabriel Gucci, also says he will link Isaac to his coisin who runs the drug transport through Sicily to eastern Europe and Central Asia. His cousin has a big chunk out of the pie that makes the Golden triangle. The five dons believed these are offers to tempting for Isaac to resist. Isaac had reached back to them and agreed. They have allowed him to choose the time and place. When he had chosen Paris, they had called up their contacts their to set up the assassination. They had used third-party to contract Williams, will will totally makes it impossible for anyone to accuse them of arranging the Killing of him.
It is a good plan. After all Isaac have chosen the date, time and place. Paris is a place none of the five dons have any noticeable influence.
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by meneski(m): 2:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
Apollux:

Lol... I don't know. I'm sure I don't have fangs and claws and I'm definitely not feline grin
........abi na chetah i see for ur pix?
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
meneski:
........abi na chetah i see for ur pix?
Lol.. Cheetah, leopard, jaguar.. Take a pick cheesy
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by meneski(m): 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
Apollux:

Lol.. Cheetah, leopard, jaguar.. Take a pick cheesy
.....my literal jaguar...hw abt dat?
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
Williams empty his mind of all thoughts, took shot controlled breath. He attached the battery to bring up the night sight on the scope. As he watched several armed men came oit of the entrance of the hotel, all in business suites and armed with various rifles. He could detect the old US military standard M16 rifles, its younger kin, the M4. He even saw one of them carrying a steyr AUG rifle. Damn, these guys mean business. As he watched, a motorcade rolled in from the road, made of of two cruiser cars followed by five limos, then four cruiser cars behind.
As Williams watched, the doors of each the limo open, four armed hardmen stepped out of them first, then followed by a don. As each don walked into the hotel, each of the vehicle drove away from the entrance to a car park built by the side of the hotel building. After some seconds, the limo and two cars that Streetwise described to him came up to the of the hotel. As the door open, a single occupant stepped out.
Williams watched the target from the scope matched the image with the one in his mind and it clicked in place. This was the target. He put Issac on a target acquisition, curled his finger gently around trigger. Held his breath for a second, released it at the same time he squeeze the trigger gently.
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
End of chapter one. What what do you think so far? This is not a prepared story o. I just put them down as I pick my phone and type into Nairaland. So tell me what are the things lacking in the story, what I should concentrate on more and others I shouldn't bother with. This will help me adjust before dropping my pen at the end of chapter 3.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by meneski(m): 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2017
man you are doing just fine..... I bliv after your chapters......pamelb will do justice to hers...........my God, guy u r a bomb.....u knw we nid to knw each other more.....waya tink?
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by PamelB(f): 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2017
Apollux, you killed it already.
But I'm in trouble as I don't know anything about guns and those weird killer slangs.
So, ease it up a little please.

2 Likes

Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by sleemoon(m): 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
Apollux:
End of chapter one. What what do you think so far? This is not a prepared story o. I just put them down as I pick my phone and type into Nairaland. So tell me what are the things lacking in the story, what I should concentrate on more and others I shouldn't bother with. This will help me adjust before dropping my pen at the end of chapter 3.

Abeg continue ooo... B4 i start doling out f**ks... Meanwhile meneski u no try at all ooo.... U made Apollux leave Blood and steel alone to attend to dis beautiful piece here... I dey vex ooo.... Meanwhile Apollux watch ur back.. My sniper scope dun target u already... Anywhere u go i go!

2 Likes

Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by meneski(m): 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
sleemoon:

Abeg continue ooo... B4 i start doling out f**ks... Meanwhile meneski u no try at all ooo.... U made Apollux leave Blood and steel alone to attend to dis beautiful piece here... I dey vex ooo.... Meanwhile Apollux watch ur back.. My sniper scope dun target u already... Anywhere u go i go!
grin
sleemoon:

Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by Apollux(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2017
sleemoon:

Don't worry, Memoirs of Blood and Steel is still on. May be sending updates later today. My annoyance is MARVEL CHRONICLES :EXECUTIVE SANCTION. I just left it when yhe action was about to kick in. Will go back to it tomorrow.
Re: Last Gang Standing (Crime) by alexblazzzer18(m): 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2017
Something is definitely going down here

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

The Devil In The Suit / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.