Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. (1407 Views)

Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money / Nigerian Man Ties His Son To His Back And People Make Fun Of Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by kolaa007(m): 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
See as I caused commotion yesterday because I took a stroll like this carrying my daughter. Okada man nearly enter gutter, keke napeb nearly enter bush and some drivers almost hit Nepa pole all looking at me amazed. What's the big deal oooooooo

1 Like

Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by kolaa007(m): 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
Guys can you do this? Ladies would you allow your husband. We are still far back in Africa
Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2017
Before nko, Africa is backward. They go say you don chop vegetable

2 Likes

Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by kolaa007(m): 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
I swear ooo people begin look me like say na abomination I commit ooo... The thing just tire me
Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
Awww! Don't mind barbaric Nigerians who stare and talk. You are her Daddy. Hold your head high and continue carrying her, whether it be on your chest or on your back. I've seen Fathers carrying their babies like that here. Really sweet.

7 Likes

Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
kolaa007:
I swear ooo people begin look me like say na abomination I commit ooo... The thing just tire me

Lies.
Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by kolaa007(m): 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
If I come carry wrapper come back am nko Wetin dem go come talk?
Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by kolaa007(m): 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
What will I gain if I lie? You go carry money give me?

Pidgin2:

Lies.

1 Like

Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
kolaa007:
What will I gain if I lie? You go carry money give me?

Are you the first person to carry his baby in Nigeria? Even in the North people will not react like that talk less of South. If they were falling like that, maybe there's something else wrong with your looks, they can't be doing that simply because you are carrying your baby except in a very very backward village
Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by NevetsIbot(m): 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
I can't wait to start carrying my baby girl out like this. She must love me pass her mama.

Make I see person wey go follow me yarn rubbish. Na stone go panel beat the person
Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Are you the first person to carry his baby in Nigeria? Even in the North people will not react like that talk less of South. If they were falling like that, maybe there's something else wrong with your looks, they can't be doing that simply because you are carrying your baby except in a very very backward village
He's not just "carrying" her but she is strapped to his chest and went out in public. The conventional way most Nigerian women carry their babies when out is on their backs (or with a stroller), but here's someone who's not only "not" carrying his baby the conventional way but she's strapped to his chest, and to top it off he's a man too. Of course, people will stare. Nigerians will stare at anything they deem unusual.

1 Like

Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by StPete: 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
OP stop lying there biko. What is special about carrying a child like that? Except you live in a very remote part of Nigeria, I see no big deal about it...I've carried a baby this way in Lagos and nobody even looked my way. Why? Because it is a common sight.
I think you're just looking for people's comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
NotOfThis:
He's not just "carrying" her but she is strapped to his chest and went out in public. The conventional way most Nigerian women carry their babies when out is on their backs (or with a stroller), but here's someone who's not only "not" carrying his baby the conventional way but she's strapped to his chest, and to top it off he's a man too. Of course, people will stare. Nigerians will stare at anything they deem unusual.

People here also strap their babies to their chest, it's not new except he lives in a remote village that's the only time I will believe his tale but even then he exaggerated with the Okada thing and people reacting that way(Keke almost enter bush and someone else almost hitting a pole?) even in such remote villages they will make passing comments to him which he didn't mention, his story isn't adding up, OP no offense intended
Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by Didov1(f): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
kolaa007:
If I come carry wrapper come back am nko Wetin dem go come talk?
...dey go say u don chop vegetable....dats nigeria 4 u
Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by Prince4mic: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
this is nothing jhoor...

when ever am around, I carry my cousins out like this.. even my neighbor's kids..

1 Like

Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by kolaa007(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
Well maybe because I live inside inside ikorodu. I thought it was no big deal that is why I took her out but on the contrary I was wrong ooo. When you are around lekki,vgc or generally on the mainland it's no big deal ooo.. But for my area it's a big deal ooo...
Re: I Took A Stroll Out Like This And People Started Talking. by emmayodata(m): 12:51am On Jun 12, 2017
Mr op you can lie for Africa, this is very common now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Husband Is A Useless Man / Top Most Beautiful & Unique Coffins In The World / I Need Advice From Parents And Fellow Teachers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.