Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:11 AM

Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk (1642 Views)

The Mistake Of Israel/israelites Versus The Mistake Of The Church/christians / To Christians:let's Start Practicalizing Christisnity And Stop Playing Church / A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by Carys(f): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
Christians let’s talk…what have we become? What are we fighting against? Are we still striving to be Christ-like or we are just a set of cynical fools? Who fights the church more than Christians? Division in all forms like we are not parts of one body; Pentecostals fighting Catholics, Catholics fighting Anglicans, Pastors struggling to show who has greater power, Christians rejoicing over the downfall of another church. Oh! How well we build our branch rather than God’s love.

Let’s talk Christians about the struggle for affirmation of “the best church”. I will tell you that I am a Christian and you’d ask “what church do you attend”, now this wouldn’t be a wrong question if it wasn’t asked for my reply to be used as the measure of my faith in God and commitment to His word. Then we begin to promote our church by preaching about; prosperity, miracles and God’s promises leaving out repentance from sin thereby promoting abuse of His mercy, we just do everything possible to convert a Christian to “Christianity”. Remember, there are different ways of serving and different abilities to perform service but from the same God. Do we pray in the name of our church leaders or in the name of God? In whose name do we cast out demons; In the name of ‘whom Paul preaches’ or in the name of God that our faith should be built on?. Let’s talk Christians why not build my faith and strength in God that reigns supreme than in the name of your church/church leader and the miracles he has done? Is that your faith?…... Source: continue reading through this link https://thoughtendom./2017/06/11/christians-lets-talk/

1 Like

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by whitebeard(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Well some people think leading a congregation is also business and when they engage in such people follow them with good intent not knowing that they are scammers, in as much as they don't preach to please GOD but to please the people they make their money, anyways it has been prophesied in the bible that they would spring up, yeah, so they have to spring up so that the scriptures prophesy can be fulfilled, it end time anyways I guess we just have to pray to GOD to guide us on the right track..!

2 Likes

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by thesicilian: 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
There's segregation and discrimination everywhere. Between atheists and theists, Muslims and Christians, Pentecostals and non Pentecostals, etc. Even within the same church, those in the headquarters look down on those from the branches, and if you don't "give big", you can never get some positions in some churches, no matter how hardworking and spiritual you are.

4 Likes

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by An2elect2(f): 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
Christians are not fighting the church that's like stabbing your body. Christians are vexed by the false powerless Christianity being peddled by false ministers in the name of our Lord. It's like someone rubbishing your Father's name, you don't keep quiet.
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by menxer: 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
OP, that same thread of segregation spirals through every aspect of our lives.

You have chosen to discuss it as it affects the church (Christian - Christian relationships), it's in the news that a certain bishop is rejected by priests in his diocese, what led to that?

Even in the same church, if you are not in a particular department, not heavily involved financially, not committed to the teeth, you will be segregated.

There is always something or someone to segregate.

1 Like

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by mzhorlah(f): 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
the reason I think unity doesn't exist among the body of Christ is because we have diverse doctrines

1 Like

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by Carys(f): 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
menxer:

You have chosen to discuss it as it affects the church (Christian - Christian relationships), it's in the news that a certain bishop is rejected by priests in his diocese, what led to that?

Even in the same church, if you are not in a particular department, not heavily involved financially, not committed to the teeth, you will be segregated.

its that Segregation we are still talking about, both within churches and otherwise

1 Like

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by Carys(f): 9:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
An2elect2:
Christians are not fighting the church that's like stabbing your body. Christians are vexed by the false powerless Christianity being peddled by false ministers in the name of our Lord. It's like someone rubbishing your Father's name, you don't keep quiet.
The point made by this writer is that most Christians are more concerned with the fact that it is not their church that was affected and it becomes an avenue to promote their branch rather.
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by RighteousI: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
An2elect2:
Hmm...
Was it not you that said its ok for a person to sin since he/she is already saved?

1 Like

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by An2elect2(f): 10:42am On Jun 12, 2017
Carys:

The point made by this writer is that most Christians are more concerned with the fact that it is not their church that was affected and it becomes an avenue to promote their branch rather.
I got the point very well. And it's not the point at all in the grand scheme of things. The point is those churches are not biblical. So it doesn't matter who is fighting who. If people are leaving them and seeking God, the better. If they are elevating theirs at the expense of others, then they are hypocritical

1 Like

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by An2elect2(f): 10:44am On Jun 12, 2017
RighteousI:

Hmm...
Was it not you that said its ok for a person to sin since he/she is already saved?
I never said this. God forbid that I preach licentiousness
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by RighteousI: 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2017
An2elect2:
I never said this. God forbid that I preach licentiousness

Yes you did. You said and I qoute:

"Sin cannot have dominion over a Christian anymore because he is no longer under the law but under grace. In other words a Christian can no longer continue in sin (make a practice of sin).Even if he sins (which he hates) he cannot be judged for it because Christ has borne the wages of all his sins. You can read Romans chapters 6,7 and 8. Better still the whole of Romans to get a clearer picture"
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by An2elect2(f): 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2017
RighteousI:

Yes you did. You said and I qoute:

"Sin cannot have dominion over a Christian anymore because he is no longer under the law but under grace. In other words a Christian can no longer continue in sin (make a practice of sin).Even if he sins (which he hates) he cannot be judged for it because Christ has borne the wages of all his sins. You can read Romans chapters 6,7 and 8. Better still the whole of Romans to get a clearer picture"

So where did I say it's okay to sin!
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by RighteousI: 2:03pm On Jun 12, 2017
An2elect2:
So where did I say it's okay to sin!
You implied that it is ok to sin when you said that a christian cannot be judged for a sin he or she commits.

Are you trying to lure people here to sin whilst making them to believe that they cannot be judged?
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by An2elect2(f): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
RighteousI:

You implied that it is ok to sin when you said that a christian cannot be judged for a sin he or she commits.

Are you trying to lure people here to sin whilst making them to believe that they cannot be judged?
OK you are missing three things here. Which are: a, The gospel. Christ paid for all a Christian's sins. The Christian cannot pay for what has been paid for else Christ died in vain.

b,A Christian cannot attain sinless perfection in this present world. Eventhough he has the nature of righteousness he still has his body of sin.

c, Not every "Christian" is a Christian.
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by Zither(m): 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2017
RighteousI:

I read the quote and I could not find anywhere she said it is okay to sin.

All she emphasized was our victory over sin through the death of Jesus Christ but she also made it known that it doesn't mean we then live a perfect life without sinning. That's impossible as long as we are still in the corrupt flesh. However, she said that whenever that happens Christ does not condemn us having borne the wages of sin in His flesh and nailed it on the cross. This is why the living has the very great grace of repentance.

In essence we have victory over sin through the shed blood of Jesus Christ that cleanses us from all sins.

1 Like

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by Dasgoro: 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
The lust of the members are the ones empowering the leaders. Like people, like priest.
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by Carys(f): 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
Dasgoro:
The lust of the members are the ones empowering the leaders.
Like people, like priest.
i don't get this
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by Dasgoro: 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
Carys:
i don't get this
The people should know there is no place for segregation in the Bible, thus if they attend a church based on segregative tendencies, automatically they are sowing their time, enegy and money in that venture.
This will definately snowball to the harvest we are seeing today.

'You cant pay a toll to the devil to allow you into Heaven'
Simply put christians today are reaping what they have sown.

Stop going to a church for reasons of tribe, sophitication, what the pastor drive,wears or even because of proximity.
The only reason one should attend a church is that Jesus Christ(TRUTH) is preached there.

Read this book by Rick Joyner 'THE CALL'

1 Like

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by analice107: 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
Carys:
Christians let’s talk…what have we become? What are we fighting against? Are we still striving to be Christ-like or we are just a set of cynical fools? Who fights the church more than Christians? Division in all forms like we are not parts of one body; Pentecostals fighting Catholics, Catholics fighting Anglicans, Pastors struggling to show who has greater power, Christians rejoicing over the downfall of another church. Oh! How well we build our branch rather than God’s love.

Let’s talk Christians about the struggle for affirmation of “the best church”. I will tell you that I am a Christian and you’d ask “what church do you attend”, now this wouldn’t be a wrong question if it wasn’t asked for my reply to be used as the measure of my faith in God and commitment to His word. Then we begin to promote our church by preaching about; prosperity, miracles and God’s promises leaving out repentance from sin thereby promoting abuse of His mercy, we just do everything possible to convert a Christian to “Christianity”. Remember, there are different ways of serving and different abilities to perform service but from the same God. Do we pray in the name of our church leaders or in the name of God? In whose name do we cast out demons; In the name of ‘whom Paul preaches’ or in the name of God that our faith should be built on?. Let’s talk Christians why not build my faith and strength in God that reigns supreme than in the name of your church/church leader and the miracles he has done? Is that your faith?…... Source: continue reading through this link https://thoughtendom./2017/06/11/christians-lets-talk/
Thank God am not the only one crying about this.
What you just wrote here is the reason missionaries are dying of hunger. because my church didn't send them, then my church won't aid them.

Satan has so permeated us to a point that we have become so indifferent to the plight of fellow souls Christ died for.

Today, churches are after multitudes no more disciples. Disciples don't have congregations, multitudes do.
With tears, i cry every day for revival which should begin by our church leaders returning to the foundation Christ laid.

Who even began naming Churches? In the early church days, churches were known by locations, not denominations and everything was done the others did.

What happened? Oh wait!!!!!!;

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Matthew:24:5

And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Matthew:24:10

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Matthew:24:11

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Matthew:24:12

END TIME.

1 Like

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by analice107: 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
menxer:

But that is wrong and the spirit, antichrist.
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by analice107: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
RighteousI:

Hmm...
Accuser of the brethren spotted. Spirit of the Antichrist. How does this concern the Op?
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by analice107: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
RighteousI:

You want to derail this thread.
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by analice107: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
An2elect2:
OK you are missing three things here. Which are: a, The gospel. Christ paid for all a Christian's sins. The Christian cannot pay for what has been paid for else Christ died in vain.

b,A Christian cannot attain sinless perfection in this present world. Eventhough he has the nature of righteousness he still has his body of sin.

c, Not every "Christian" is a Christian.
You meant to say, "Not every church goer is a Christian?" because not every christian is a Christian, doesn't make sense.

No sinner (Habitual) is a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by analice107: 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
Dasgoro:
The lust of the members are the ones empowering the leaders.
Like people, like priest.
100% Correct.
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by analice107: 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
Dasgoro:
The people should know there is no place for segregation in the Bible, thus if they attend a church based on segregative tendencies, automatically they are sowing their time, enegy and money in that venture.
This will definately snowball to the harvest we are seeing today.

'You cant pay a toll to the devil to allow you into Heaven'
Simply put christians today are reaping what they have sown.

Stop going to a church for reasons of tribe, sophitication, what the pastor drive,wears or even because of proximity.
The only reason one should attend a church is that Jesus Christ(TRUTH) is preached there.

Read this book by Rick Joyner 'THE CALL'
Thanks, just downloaded it.
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by Dasgoro: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
analice107:

Thanks, just downloaded it.
Hmm. It this your other handle or you just hijacked my counsel.. Anyways I like your fevency lol
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by analice107: 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
Dasgoro:
Hmm. It this your other handle or you just hijacked my counsel.. Anyways I like your fevency lol
lol. I don't understand.
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by Dasgoro: 2:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
analice107:

lol. I don't understand.
Matt.11:12. You know what's up.

Just read your posts on this thread. I am following you; I rarely meet ladies that are on points with Rhema
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by analice107: 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
Dasgoro:
Matt.11:12. You know what's up.

Just read your posts on this thread. I am following you; I rarely meet ladies that are on points with Rhema
Oh. lol
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by menxer: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
analice107:

But that is wrong and the spirit, antichrist.
You think so?

Those who don't believe in Jesus will not enter heaven, is that not segregation?
Re: Segregation In The Church... Christians Let's Talk by Zither(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
menxer:

You think so?

Those who don't believe in Jesus will not enter heaven, is that not segregation?

"Come into me all ye that are heavy laden and I shall give you rest." Is that not unconditional invitation?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Tb Joshua Releases 2020 Prophecy / January 2008 Bible Quiz Winner! / ECKANKAR; What It Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.