Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) (43234 Views)

Poll: Who will go through to the Semi Final?

Nigeria: 90% (169 votes)
Zambia: 9% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Zambia: CAF Under-17 Championship (3 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by kunbaba(m): 2:29am On Jan 22, 2010
Cameroun may not b at their best form 4 now,bt dey r known 4 getin d job done when it matters d most,they ve got characta more than d eagles,i'll ZAMBIA anyday so we can at least win our bronze dat we r known 4
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by skyy04(m): 3:54am On Jan 22, 2010
Did anyone mention Ivory coast? I tip them as tournament favorite
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by supereagle(m): 5:21am On Jan 22, 2010
SE will show enough character now to defeat Zambia,but no small teams again in football. The two teams played friendly before, it ended 0-0. Amodu will surprise them this time. I expected Gabon to top, but they messed up at the last moment.
Sagamite has not been talking, is he tired of posting? Pls come out. we want your comments
http://www.cafonline.com/competition/african-cup-of-nations-angola_2010/news/4420-chipolopolo-reach-last-eight-at-last.html
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by rasputinn(m): 5:47am On Jan 22, 2010
@ Mod

Please modify the thread topic to indicate the Nigeria time of the match,8.30pm abi?
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by mbanusick(m): 5:55am On Jan 22, 2010
Nigeria will win, The team is getting better and better.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by illusion2: 6:15am On Jan 22, 2010
Im pleasantly surprised to learn we'e meeting Zambia next. I agree we need to beat all the team to win the cup,but we don't have a strong team yet & the Zambia game should allow us fine tune our play (not that the Zambians are push overs in anyway tho'). . . , . . ,

I just feel better with Zambia -Nig at this stage. Tho' Amodu & the boys MUST NOT UNDERRATE THEM !!!

Thanks for the update guys !!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by aloyemeka2: 6:44am On Jan 22, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigeria vs Zambia[African cup of nations 94 final][/size]

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLoVXX15034&hl=en_US&fs=1&">[/flash]
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by chidyke77(m): 7:19am On Jan 22, 2010
Let us play cameroon so that they cn boast of a deserve victory if d win.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by twinskenny(m): 7:40am On Jan 22, 2010
i watch zambian vs cameroun, it was a tough game for cameroun
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by adino(m): 8:16am On Jan 22, 2010
Point of correction. It is Nigeria vs Cameroun and not Nigeria vs Zambia. Cameroun, Zambia and Gabon all defeated themselves and three of them has the same goal advantage, but using head to head (just how Mali was eliminated) Cameroun came out tops, Zambia second and Gabon eliminated (what a pity). o it is Nigeria vs Cameroun semi-final
Take a look at the head to head sores:-
Cam 0:1 Gabon -(Worst head to head Result)
Cam 3:2 Zambia -(Best head to head Result)
Zambia 2:1 Gabon -(Second Best head to head Result)
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by maxtop(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2010
i am surprised Nigerians are happy that we will be playing the Zambians instead of Cameroun, well i know we are in for a shocker coz we all think the "fumbling eagles" will have an easy ride on the Zambians bhur i dont  see them doing so rather the Zambians will come with much more determination and defeat the wingless eagles. Forgive me if i sound unpatriotic bhur the truth is bitter  cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by PaKen: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2010
adino:

Point of correction. It is Nigeria vs Cameroun and not Nigeria vs Zambia. Cameroun, Zambia and Gabon all defeated themselves and three of them has the same goal advantage, but using head to head (just how Mali was eliminated) Cameroun came out tops, Zambia second and Gabon eliminated (what a pity). o it is Nigeria vs Cameroun semi-final
Take a look at the head to head sores:-
Cam 0:1 Gabon -(Worst head to head Result)
Cam 3:2 Zambia -(Best head to head Result)
Zambia 2:1 Gabon -(Second Best head to head Result)
@adino- why are u bringing confusion here? try and get a DSTV for urself and be current. it's Nigeria Vs Zambia
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Kx: 8:28am On Jan 22, 2010
Thank God SE will be playing Zambia not Cameroun.
The dooms day is at least post poned for now.

To those that are saying Zambia is not the true test of a would-be champion,
you ll agree with me even the best team in the world need some luck to advance in a tourney.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by basly: 8:48am On Jan 22, 2010
CAF or is it CAN are pretty confused,are they using GOALS DIFFERENCE or HEAD 2 HEAD?
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by waledoy(m): 9:11am On Jan 22, 2010
Pa-Ken:

@adino- why are u bringing confusion here? try and get a DSTV for urself and be current. it's Nigeria Vs Zambia
he can also use internet nah!
@ Topic
it is a better pair for SE though Zambia are no push over but facing more experienced Cam at dis stage will nt do our boiz any good as in confidence, player to player they are not better compared to SE but our boiz need more confidence and cohesion.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by femi4: 9:20am On Jan 22, 2010
@adino, You r the one who needed to be corrected.That article 14 is self explanatory enough.Its Nigeria vs Zambia.Since the 3 teams have the same points and Goal difference. 14.3 was used among these 3 teams.

Zambia, +4                     recall dat: Zam 2-Gabon 1,     Zambia 2-Cam 3
Cameroun, +3                     recall dat:Cam 3-Zam 2,        Cam 0- Gabon 1
Gabon, +2                     recall dat Gabon 1 -Cam 0,    Gabon 1-Zam 2

14.1 Greater number of points obtained in the matches between the concerned
teams;
14.2. Best goal difference in the matches between the concerned teams;
14.3. Greater number of goals scored in the group matches between the
concerned teams;
14.4. Greater number of away goals scored in the direct matches between the
concerned teams;
14.5. Goal difference in all the group matches;
14.6. Greatest number of goals scored in all the group matches;
14.7. A drawing of lots by the Organising Committee of CAF
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by beeke(m): 9:21am On Jan 22, 2010
tongue cry SOME NL THEMSELVES ARE CONFUSED THEY THINK WE GONNA BE PLAYING ZAMBIA PLS I WILL LIKE TO ASK  YALL  TO WAKEUP NIGERIA IS PLAYING CAMEROUN ON MONDAY D 25th and the last time i check our records with cameroun it is always win win 4 d loins i just hope they break this jinx
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by femi4: 9:31am On Jan 22, 2010
@beeke
I guess u have Tv,radio or can use the internet very well.Try and update yourself.I guess you r the confused one here
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by carnal: 9:39am On Jan 22, 2010
its' zambia Vs Nigeria http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8473524.stm thank God oo osay no be cameroun i for done say mak we de pack our bag tey tey before the match start sef
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by sammytb(m): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2010
HEAVEN & EARTH no say na zambia we dey play. Well as 4 me Naija go beat any bodi. Even dough na BRAZIL com play nation cup. Lets just 4get abt da defit in d hands of d pharaohs. GO NAIJA.

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by otokx(m): 9:52am On Jan 22, 2010
This will be an interesting game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by holahabib: 9:54am On Jan 22, 2010
Thank you Kenny, Nigerians are so quick to forget, I don't think we can beat Zambia nonetheless Cameroun, just because we ran around the Mozambiquans using individual talents by Osaze, Saidu, Mikel, and maybe Aiyebeni. Our technical depth is flat and mobility is just not there. We all watch the premeirship week in week out. 90minutes of mobility and technicality is what wins games not sluggish football played by the Eagles. We should stop second guessing ourselves and collectively call for the immediate good replacement for Amodu.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by rosejen(f): 10:12am On Jan 22, 2010
it s good to be a nigerian
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by maxtop(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2010
Why all the fuss about facing Zambia or Cameroun, either way Nigeria will loose_______________shikena grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by capsmo(m): 10:31am On Jan 22, 2010
why are we afraid of CMR? is it not the same CMR that played Tunisia?
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by woye77: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2010
the last FINAL WORD on how zambia topped

When ONLY two teams are tied on the same points, the result of the game played between the two teams becomes the deciding factor. That is how Algeria was able to qualify instead of Mali (They were tied on points, Algeria had beaten Mali 1-0 in the group stage)
However, the situation becomes completely different when 3 or more teams are tied on the same points (in this case, Cameroon, Zambia, Gabon) The results obtained (example Cameroon defeated Zambia, Zambia defeated Gabon and Gabon defeated Cameroon) are irrelevant and only used only if TWO teams are tied. What happens in this case is that points, goals difference, Goals scored etc are re-calculated, without any result involving the losing team (in this case Tunisia). Having done that ,Zambia topped the group by scoring the highest number of goals. Let's see how

Zambia beat Gabon (2-1), lost to Cameroon (3-2) Zambia's Total Points (TP):3, Goal Difference (GD):0, Total goals (TG): 4
Cameroon beat Zambia (3-2) lost to Gabon: 1-0 TP 3
GD:0,TG:3
Gabon beat Cameroon 1:0 lost to Zambia 2-1. TP:3, GD:0, TG:2
It is unbelievable that Amokachi is waiting for the final word from CAF as if CAF decides who takes on who in the knock out stages just like that. It has exposed our lack of in-depth and thorough analysis of issues and our inability to do simple Math
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by vislabraye(m): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2010
Nigeria vs Zambia, I saw the fixture on DSTV. I'm a bit surprise though hapy cos i thought we were going to meet Cameron. SE should be able to take them them if they play better and faster.
Men, that guy that replaced TT is far better. He's not absent minded, and doesn't cause stupid errors like TT. It appears Shuaibu is/was not very familiar with they players at his disposal.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Demoladoc: 11:24am On Jan 22, 2010
ok its official, nija plays zambia. Will be tough but we should be able to beat them especially if we play d trio of osaze, martins and ogbuke upfront.
Our defence looks stronger now that we have shittu, apam and echiejile so we should be able to handle their attackers fairly well.
I believe we can get 2d final if we beat zambia as we wud meat either angola or ghana in d semis. Since both terms arent particularly so good then we should be able to handle them.
We are likely to play ivory coast in the final and if we are lucky on d day we just might beat them and win the cup, u never know.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Nwaokike(f): 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2010
dat na true talk cheesy cheesy Plenty Prayer. otherwise lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Marymos: 12:57pm On Jan 22, 2010
Zambia should not be written off if not they will pull a surprise.Is hard time we put the success of the last match behind us and prepare very hard for the quarter final match on Monday.I saw on paper that super eagle palyers had all night after their victory in their last group match.I f they play the way they did in their last match,then victory is sure.I expect Coach Amodu to bench Yak in the next match now that Martin is back.There is no more time for sentiment.I wish them the very best.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by deb(m): 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2010
It is not going to be an easy match because Zambia will give Eagles hell that day but I believe the Eagles
can triumph at the end of the day if they approach the match with the seriousness that it deserves.

I've never been a fan of Amodu but I think the guy is enjoying the type of luck that any team will wish for in
a competition. I believe in football that irrespective of your skill or ability you still need a little bit of luck and the
SE now is really enjoying that. It is now left for them to make the most of it by not letting themselves down.
Anyone should agree with me that meeting Zambia at the Quarter-Finals is a better luck for Nigeria compared to playing
Cameroon at that level, aside the luck a victory against Zambia, which I expect, will even help the eagles get their rhythm
better as a team ahead of much tougher opposition as the competition progresses.

Let me not be too assertive about the Chipolopolo of Zambia, but I think a victory over them may take Nigeria to the final
and we could just surprisingly win the cup against all permutations by experts. One other thing I suspect is that Amodu
might be told to stick with the team afterall and we might just pay dearly for it at the World Cup. Amodu is a lucky b.a.s.t.a.r.d,  cheesy
he has always been (Two world cup qualifications for Nigeria is no joke but the last one a great fluke for me)
My inference, deduction and expected conclusion stated. Cheers cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by beeke(m): 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2010
cheesy Apologies to all NL actually after Tunisia & cameroun's match i saw nigeria paired with cameroun so i left to my frnds place i was their till this morning and i never watch nor listen to news before i login to NL my earlier post was based on what was posted on SUPER SPORT3 yesterday TRUELY SORRY 4 D MIS INFO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Nigerian Onaolapo Pulls Pant Off After Commonwealth Win! / Emiliano Sala:- Cushions 'From Missing Plane' Found / Why We Don't Allow Nigerian Referees Officiate AFCON Games - CAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.