Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) (43237 Views)

Poll: Who will go through to the Semi Final?

Nigeria: 90% (169 votes)
Zambia: 9% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Zambia: CAF Under-17 Championship (3 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by FBS: 2:22am On Jan 23, 2010
Africa Cup of Nations fixtures

Sunday, 24 January 2010

Angola v Ghana, QF, 17:00
Ivory Coast v Algeria, QF, 20:30

Monday, 25 January 2010

Egypt v Cameroon, QF, 17:00
Zambia v Nigeria, QF, 20:30
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by FunkyDany: 2:36am On Jan 23, 2010
we suppose to play Cameroun in the quarter final so that Super chicken can be taught football lesson by Samuel Eto'o
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by FunkyDany: 2:42am On Jan 23, 2010
you are right dem be yeye and sugomu
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Obinoscopy(m): 2:50am On Jan 23, 2010
FunkyDany:

we suppose to play Cameroun in the quarter final so that Super chicken can be taught football lesson by Samuel Eto'o

FunkyDany:

you are right dem be yeye and sugomu

Why are you soliloquizing?
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by SeunAero(m): 4:09am On Jan 23, 2010
Lets keep the hope we gathered after the last match against Mozambique. We shall sail thru.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by infohenry(m): 5:35am On Jan 23, 2010
I believe nigeria will beat the cameroun team in Angola cos they are not the lions we are afraid of, just as our eagles that are not flying, but we are playing Zambia that look more dangerous praying that we meet the lions in the finals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by rasputinn(m): 6:14am On Jan 23, 2010
Obinoscopy:

Why are you soliloquizing?

grin grin grin

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by rasputinn(m): 6:26am On Jan 23, 2010
Y'all should stop all the permutation already,any country that wants to lift the trphy must be ready to dispatch the best teams in the continent,so for all I care we should have drawn a combination of Egypt,Zambia and Cameroon,the key thing we need to do is not to change the team we used against Mozambique and we will defeat any freaking team
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by twinskenny(m): 11:03am On Jan 23, 2010
i hope they beat zambia but i dont think so
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Mastiano(m): 8:12am On Jan 24, 2010
Are the supporters of Nigeria will be glad that its Zambia not Cameroon.
But i must warn that we must not underrate the Zambians. I believe we'll go thru.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by bijis: 11:47am On Jan 24, 2010
I hope 9ja will beat zambia in sha Allah.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by bishoprccg(m): 1:20pm On Jan 24, 2010
We beat them in 1994 on the way to winning the trophy, and we can still repeat that feat.
The only fear i have is that the Zambians are very fast and can play non stop for 90 minutes, while our boys can be casual at times.
We will however triumph at the end of the day.

http://www.naijamillionaire.com
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by olakunle21: 1:59pm On Jan 24, 2010
although Nigeria vs zambia match will be a tough match ,what i know is that zambia we win 'HAMODU BOY'
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by FBS: 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2010
My wish is for them boys to go all the way to the final and win the cup. . .but that will mean that these same set of boys will go the WC which, is a different ball game entirely, no?
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by dominique(f): 8:57pm On Jan 24, 2010
the sports analysts in different tv stations are badly underestimating the chipolopolo of Zambia (what a name!!!). i'm sure the super eagle players and coaches are also doing the same. wont surprise me one bit if we lose the S/F ticket sad. i wish them the best.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Uche2nna(m): 9:00pm On Jan 24, 2010
dominique:

the sports analysts in different tv stations are badly underestimating the chipolopolo of Zambia (what a name!!!). i'm sure the super eagle players and coaches are also doing the same. wont surprise me one bit if we lose the S/F ticket sad. i wish them the best.

Not Mamodu on Supersports 3 . That guy is predicting doomsday for Naija grin And funny enuff, I agree with him.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by dominique(f): 9:58pm On Jan 24, 2010
@Uche2nna
i'm referring to Nigerian sports analysts

Uche2nna:

Not Mamodu on Supersports 3 . That guy is predicting doomsday for Naija grin And funny enuff, I agree with him.

that guy has a profound and passionate hatred for anything about Nigerian football, at least TK and Thomas mlambo hide theirs with a little decency albeit unsuccessfully.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Smi1(m): 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2010
The super Eagles player should be very careful of that guy call " KALABA " hes a very dangerious play maker I believe the SE can stand them sha
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by tjimoh: 11:48pm On Jan 24, 2010
By God grace, Nigeria is winning Zambia,Amodu do his seection perfectly.cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by ezan(m): 5:44am On Jan 25, 2010
Men, tournament favorite Ivory Coast lost to Algeria, tourney has been full of upsets. If our boys underestimate the Zambians it'd be their undoing.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Desdo(m): 6:06am On Jan 25, 2010
I believe d super eagles would come out victorious in d encounter not minding d fact dat the zambian team is a lively side. If the eagles concentrate on the match, success is inevitable to them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by moonraker(m): 6:24am On Jan 25, 2010
Its like This

Nigeria Vs Zambia (2-0)

Semi Final Draw

Ghana Vs Nigeria (one goal will seal that game off)

Egypt Vs Algeria
(Egypt will have their revenge against algeria)

FINAL

Nigeria VS Egypt (We no dey carry cup)

You heard it here first,

Oya make we fire prayer. bind and cast, cast and bind,
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by An0nimus: 6:56am On Jan 25, 2010
Why we all happy we to play Zambia not Cameroun? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Bokoharam: 7:53am On Jan 25, 2010
I had a dream, and d final scores were, Nigeria 0 - 1 Zambia.

See the detail of the dream: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-387079.0.html
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Jaytee67(m): 8:01am On Jan 25, 2010
My prediction is "Zambia 1 - Nigeria 3"
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Jaytee67(m): 8:13am On Jan 25, 2010
[/quote]Posted by: Bokoharam
Insert Quote

I had a dream, and d final scores were, Nigeria 0 - 1 Zambia.

See the deatail of the dream: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-387079.0.html[quote]

Please sleep again and have a better dream. Enough of these confused unpatriotic dreams that can never come to pass. I can bet it that our team will not crash out at this stage. Mark my words.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by BizBooks(m): 8:51am On Jan 25, 2010
@ Uche2nna,

Not Mamodu on Supersports 3 . That guy is predicting doomsday for Naija And funny enuff, I agree with him.

Everybody seems to believe that Mamodou is the greatest African football analyst. He will not be happy until the Nigerian team is comprised only of home based players (afterall Heartland got to the finals last year with home based players - argues Mamodou).

Maybe we should fire Amodou and hire Mamodou. While we are at it, let's remember his predictions from yesterday:

Ghana will beat Angola (Correct)
Cote'd Ivoire will beat Algeria (Wrong)
Zambia will beat Nigeria (We'll see)
Egypt will beat Cameroun (We'll see)
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:52am On Jan 25, 2010
Jaytee67:

Please sleep again and have a better dream. Enough of these confused unpatriotic dreams that can never come to pass. I can bet it that our team will not crash out at this stage. Mark my words.

I am truly amazed at the expectations of Nigerians regarding the final score line and the votes for a win against Zambia.
I am not sure what to think, but how do we (Nigerians) come up with such lofty expectations with the benefit of our performance coming into this championship. Yes I know we never lost a match and qualified for the world cup. but can you base your absolute confidence on the SE based on the facts on ground. Have they performed credibly to warrant such confidence, How much do we know of Zambia to say that they are not capable of taken full points. do we have any records of their performance coming into this competition to warrant such a very low and casual assessment of them.

8:30PM, let us see how this goes and how our regular Arm-chair critics fair  wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Kx: 8:56am On Jan 25, 2010
I pity Momodu Gaye because his prediction on Nigeria Zambia
,just as Cote D Ivoire turned out wrong,will definitely turn out wrong yet again.

In football,u dont bet on any thing.Anything is possible.

Nigeria may not be doing so well,but even the worst Nigeria team cannot
play so badly at this stage,not against supposed "minors"
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by snamax: 9:18am On Jan 25, 2010
My prediction: Nigeria 2 Zambia 1
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Dialup(m): 9:31am On Jan 25, 2010
Which ever country we meet, my prayer is let's beat them n move over to the last four.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Nigerian Onaolapo Pulls Pant Off After Commonwealth Win! / Emiliano Sala:- Cushions 'From Missing Plane' Found / Chichi Igbo Threatens To Snatch Boyfriends From Sexy Ladies (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.