Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) (61735 Views)

British Council:ielts Here Is 75k, But In Benin Rep. It Is 35k. Who Sold Us Out? / BBC Celebrates Julius Adewale Adedeji As The "Most Dedicated Police Officer" / BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by justmenoni: 4:48am On Jun 13, 2017
End story
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by jetroolowole(m): 5:14am On Jun 13, 2017
Angelanest:
Invest in yourself. Do things the right way. Surround yourself with the right partners, mentors, family members and friends – quality over quantity.
That should be a quote on Twitter. I take that.

2 Likes

Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by Chukazu: 6:17am On Jun 13, 2017
For those "over Sabi" nairalanders who always feel the need to correct someone's English write up.. Hope they can now rest in dust bin... Pidgin is about to become an official language in Nigerian, BBC predicted this five years ago

1 Like

Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 6:29am On Jun 13, 2017
All these are Cinderella stories.
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by jimenyo: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2017
Oh God,thank you for the life of this lady!
Baba God,answer my calls,abeg!
Me too,don hustle die!Selling kerosene was one of the decent hustling businesses I have ever tried....
l have fished,hunted,farmed,milled,rear,l even did "mai chai,aboki job"!Okada?l don't think I have really stopped it.....
Baba God,abeg,ur phone dey ring and na me dey cal you since;answer my calls!
God,you 're my witness,even back in the days in school,l had stayed for over a month with just #5 in my pocket until you sent my dad to give me #6,500....Can l ever forget that experience?
There was a time(still in school)that l had cooked only vegetable,no common salt,let alone any other soup ingredients you could think of.... I only put pepper because that was all l had left!
And when I was done cooking it,l took it like that; no food to eat it with!
ln Lagos,l have walked from Agege lfako to Oke odo market;lfako to Iyano paja,from under bridge,Obalende to CMS;from lyanoba(LASU gate)to volks,sometimes,to Ojo barracks.... This is just to mention but a few!
But you know what?That I'm still alive is an enviable hope that I shall GET there SOMEDAY!
Congratulations babe!We too,are almost there!
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by jimenyo: 6:47am On Jun 13, 2017
Oh God,thank you for the life of this lady!
Baba God,answer my calls,abeg!
Me too,don hustle die!Selling kerosene was one of the decent hustling businesses I have ever tried....
l have fished,hunted,farmed,milled,rear,l even did "mai chai,aboki job"!Okada?l don't think I have really stopped it.....
Baba God,abeg,ur phone dey ring and na me dey cal you since;answer my calls!
God,you 're my witness,even back in the days in school,l had stayed for over a month with just #5 in my pocket until you sent my dad to give me #6,500....Can l ever forget that experience?
There was a time(still in school)that l had cooked only vegetable,no common salt,let alone any other soup ingredients you could think of.... I only put pepper because that was all l had left!
And when I was done cooking it,l took it like that; no food to eat it with!
ln Lagos,l have walked from Agege lfako to Oke odo market;lfako to Iyano paja,from under bridge,Obalende to CMS;from lyanoba(LASU gate)to volks,sometimes,to Ojo barracks.... This is just to mention but a few!
But you know what?That I'm still alive is an enviable hope that I shall GET there SOMEDAY!
Congratulations babe!We too,are almost there
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by Skubidude(m): 6:47am On Jun 13, 2017
haywire07:
Congrats ,though the kerosene issue doesn't really relate
The romancelanders are wondering if "BBC" has a different meaning

Hahaha.. u no well aswear.
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by bsideboii(m): 7:00am On Jun 13, 2017
It was a process and she never gave up.I refuse to give up on my ambitions.

Make btc. Contact me.See signature below

2 Likes

Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by bionixs: 7:21am On Jun 13, 2017
fuckerstard:
Are you telling me because you sold kerosene and waka from cele go ilasa na him make you get work for BBC?

Your own good now, some people no even get mama or get house to sleep in.

Me wey i don waka from Iwo Rd go challenge, when i go resume work with shell?
oga,your own na pure badluck
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by Cyriloha(m): 7:24am On Jun 13, 2017
judgedredd22:

this story is actually an attention seeking crap, i know that girl... she has been married to a white man (hence her surname) and living in the Uk/germany since time immemorial. The sob story is for those that do not know her.

imagine
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by defashan: 7:32am On Jun 13, 2017
haywire07:
Congrats ,though the kerosene issue doesn't really relate
The romancelanders are wondering if "BBC" has a different meaning

Are you in this country at all? There are original and there are fakes.

BBC in Nigeria stands for Biafran Broadcasting Corporation aka Liepod.

1 Like

Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:33am On Jun 13, 2017
I'm starting to sell kerosene TOMMOROW.
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 13, 2017
Everybody wants to create a story.... Well, it's BBC so no P
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by eustacey: 8:08am On Jun 13, 2017
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by chibyk92: 8:12am On Jun 13, 2017
Adonike:
Thank God, I sold Kerosene for my mum back then.. Hopefully, my success story is next!!!

Lol!..as if selling of kero is a prerequisite to work @BBC..[center][/center] grin grin
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by samJ17(m): 8:51am On Jun 13, 2017
oh God if u have done it for her pls do it for me & others who have suffered enough in life.
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by luizmendezgrant(m): 10:20am On Jun 13, 2017
BABA GOD..
ABEG PICK MA KAL..
EVN IF NA JZT HELLO...
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by chuksiyk31(m): 10:24am On Jun 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Like my friend Anwulica always says....

Let her enjoy... Na her Toto do am for am.
Your father is Nigeria's problem
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by ApBlaze10: 10:42am On Jun 13, 2017
good to hear. great men and women are the one time simple and lowly but with a matter of self and purpose discovery, conviction, sense of relevance, vision, inspiration and right actions and right company become the top men and women in life. Congrats girl. you are an encouragement. let me repeat your words that i will never forget "Invest in yourself. Do things the right way. Surround yourself with the right partners, mentors, family members and friends – quality over quantity. Cutting corners and being ashamed of being thought of as a nerd/efiko/mumu is not cool. Own your straight-mindedness and unique personality aka Ibile factor. Own your degree and the opportunities it brings. Own your career and be strategic about it. Work hard, and then…play hard. Like, laugh HARD". God bless you all.
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by bsideboii(m): 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Like my friend Anwulica always says....

Let her enjoy... Na her Toto do am for am.
U sabi mis yarn ehnn. U go collect oo
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
This is Godwin Agbroko's daughter now. . .
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by unsourced(m): 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
EWAagoyin:
grin
See how stupid you are
Re: Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) by EWAagoyin(m): 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2017
unsourced:

See how stupid you are
k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking Confession Of Malaysian Prison Executioner Who Has Executed Over 130 / Joel Ele-Ojo Adams Receives Queen Of England Honour. Breaks 102-Year-Old Record / Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.