Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Kasala The Lighting Stone - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kasala The Lighting Stone (26045 Views)

The Ancient Stone / Kasala Vegence / Stone Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2017
****Deleted by me *****

Nike had been summoned by her commander. He sent her to go investigate the lightning. She got there only to realise, that American soldier have surrounded it. The arrested her.

Immediately she was bundled and about to be put in shackles
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Divepen1(m): 9:42am On Jun 24, 2017
genghen
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2017
Divepen1:
genghen
lol
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2017
Now this is a damn good story

ride on op
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by FakoMaybach1: 1:08am On Jun 25, 2017
This is gonna be a fantastic movie script. If i had money i for buy this script wahlahi, and i go shoot another type of harry potter franchise
Abeg when this book is complete please paste where it will be sold
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
deleted
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
FakoMaybach1:
This is gonna be a fantastic movie script. If i had money i for buy this script wahlahi, and i go shoot another type of harry potter franchise
SirWere:

ride on op
Thanks guys...

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
zubike01:

Thanks guys...
Please do mention me whenever you update.
It's already shaping up as a thrilling masterpiece.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by MightyFortress: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
Incredible story... I love supernatural thrillers..
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Chukwudozzie(m): 9:44pm On Jun 25, 2017
This is fantastic, great storyline, superb writing skills. Bro you're good, read your book 'DON'T JOIN' about 3 years ago, and it was a thriller.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chukwudozzie:
This is fantastic, great storyline, superb writing skills. Bro you're good, read your book 'DON'T JOIN' about 3 years ago, and it was a thriller.
Thanks a million, happy you have read DON'T JOIN, Its people like you that encourage us.

MightyFortress:

Thanks happy you love it.
SirWere:

Please do mention me whenever you update.

It's already shaping up as a thrilling masterpiece.
Alright Boss one update coming up.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 10:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
Deleted

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 26, 2017
zubike01:
“Yes there is, invisible beings gave their priest or those I would like to call scientist, a means of communicating with them. A divination process if you like, it is quite easy; you give the person who comes for a divination the divination chain to state his problem silently. Then you collect it and throw it. When it lands, its eight beads are divided into two halves – four on the left and four on the right. When these land, each of the beads would either land facing up or facing down, just like a coin. This creates 256 possibilities. Each probability represents a group of texts called Odu. Sixteen are the major books while 240 are hybrids of the sixteen. ”

“Now you want to tell me some mythological bullshit.”

“Call it what you like but this is the facts, a diviner has a chain with eight beads how many bits make a byte?”

“Eight.” Thomson Bush replied wondering the point of this question,

“Thus the four beads on one side of the divination chain can be likened to a nibble and all eight beads, is a byte. Now, just like bits are arranged in different patterns of zeros and ones to form a particular binary number or digit, the concave side of each bead is one in binary while the convex side is zero.”

“Damn!” Thomson Bush screamed in Amazement “The Invisible being gave them the key to binary and modern day computing but they saw it as magic.” He laughed.

“Yes, they probably did but remember, magic and science are one and the same” Professor said, “There is a popular saying in Nigeria that before Google there was Ifa. Let me wow you a little more.’’

“Ok.”

“Imagine you were trying to teach something as complex as evolution and genetics to a primitive culture, how would you explain it.”

“Wow me please” Thomson Bush cried out with excitement.

“The chief god Orunmila or Olorun ruled the sky, and the goddess Olokun ruled what was below. Obatala, another god, reflected upon this situation, then went to Olorun for permission to create dry land, for all kinds of living creatures to inhabit. When all was ready, Obatala hung a chain from the corner of the sky, and started the downward climb. When he reached the end of the chain, Orunmila instructed him to pour the sand from a snail's shell. Wherever the sand landed it formed dry land, the bigger piles became hills and the smaller piles valleys. Obatala first used the seeds to grow a palm tree and partied with some other Orishas, he got drunk, Obatala soon found clay, which he used to mould figures like him and started his task, but he soon grew tired and decided to take a break. He made wine from a nearby palm tree, and drank bowl after bowl. When Oduduwa saw him in a tipsy state, he simply took all the items from Obatala and went ahead to complete the job.”

“Oh common!” Thomson Bush was frustrated, he hated myths and he couldn’t find out one link to evolution in this statement. “I see, but sorry to burst your bubble, but I don’t see one bit of genetics here.”

“Ok fancy this, to make sense of the science behind this magic, you need to think of the forces of nature which these gods personify.”

“Obatala means king of the white cloth. White cloth symbolizes light. Physics explains that light is the first manifestation of dynamics in the universe. Olokun is salty water, which arose after the ice meltdown and turned to liquid water after she met with Obatala....light.”

“Wow! Wow! Wow! So tell me about the chain. I don’t see any personification there.” Major Thompson Bush interjected.

“The chain used by Obatala to travel from the fifth dimension to earth, appears to be a symbolic representation of DNA. When DNA is viewed under a microscope, it appears as a double helix, which is similar to the pattern of a chain. DNA is an extension of a chain of transmission, from single cell life forms at the bottom of the ocean, to complex life forms that populate the earth. This was put in primitive allegory.”

“Charles Darwin has nothing on these guys. Those aliens had taught them evolution.”

“When Obatala climbs down the chain towards land, he took soil from a snail shell. The shape of the snail shell is a pattern that recurs throughout Nature. The early Greeks called this pattern the “Golden Mean”. It is a series of expanding circles that get progressively larger, at a steady rate. This growth pattern occurs in trees, plants, and sea life. It is the same pattern that regulates the distance of planets from the sun. The snail shell as a sacred object associated with Obatala symbolized the expansive quality of evolution.”

“I see, I admire your knowledge of these beings but what do you suggest I do? I need that axe.”

“We wait, someone who knows how to wield the axe would come for it. Then we can question him or her to explain their tech to us. Either voluntarily or by force.”

“Definitely by force, remember you clearly stated they won’t reveal their secret.”

“True.”

“So tell me, do these invincible beings have any weakness?” asked Thomson Bush.

“Can you replay the feed where she was attacking your team?” The professor requested.

The video showing Nike unleashing Iku on Thomson Bush’s team was replayed.

“If you observe, it only attacked those she looked at, so I would assume that it has partial fusion with her eyes. Her eyes, that’s her weakness, blind fold her or something.”

“I would love to see the strength of the axe in the hands of Shango.”

“The lightning that killed the archaeologist crew wasn’t enough display?” The professor asked sarcastically.

“That was as a result of tampering, I want see the axe been used in combat.”

“If you insist.” the Professor replied.

Thompson Bush dialled a number on his phone.

“Hello, do we have any covet ops team in Nigeria?”

“Good, send a team of seven to the coordinates am sending to you. They should remain inconspicuous and await my orders.”

“You are sending them to death.” The professor proclaimed, he wasn’t protesting just declaring the obvious.

grin

OP, I like the way you're linking modern science to Ifa. It's very.....imaginative.

and who knows, stranger things have been proven before...

Do keep it coming, this story is very thrilling....if somewhat scientifically inaccurate gringrin
cc
macof
musicwriter
Olu317

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Chukwudozzie(m): 8:58am On Jun 26, 2017
Great piece. PS: This is Dozzie from Magodo

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 10:30am On Jun 26, 2017
SirWere:

grin

OP, I like the way you're linking modern science to Ifa. It's very.....imaginative.

and who knows, stranger things have been proven before...

Do keep it coming, this story is very thrilling....if somewhat scientifically inaccurate gringrin
cc
macof
musicwriter
Olu317

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked *eyes widened* *mouth open in a silent vent* * fist clenched* *Faced Squeezed, like 20 Naira in Okada man’s pocket* throw my divination beads up.. They land in a scattered spread* *Smiles and Laughs* : o shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
While you search google I explore Ifa…

kiss kiss kiss grin grin “HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE SCIENCE? You remind me of the fishes in water, they can't explain the ripples caused by rain. LOL... If you don't agree with the science, state your argument. wink” said the professor with a smirk on his face, thinking__ this guy no know how many Phd I get, I even get for metallurgy.

Fifth dimension, big bang, binary, golden mean /ratio and bits

Would be nice to get your views on this topics.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by cuteesthy(f): 11:02am On Jun 26, 2017
Nice..... keep d fire burning

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by emarkson(m): 11:12am On Jun 26, 2017
Boss i dont know how you link the science and magic. I will say your are a genuis

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 11:32am On Jun 26, 2017
emarkson:
Boss i dont know how you link the science and magic. I will say your are a genuis
Chukwudozzie:
Great piece.
PS: This is Dozzie from Magodo
MightyFortress:
Nostradamus:
this story is dope, ogunshola and his crew will never be able to stand the americans.
tahir01:
Excellent write Up. More inspiration to U.
priestchurch:
Fantastic story, pls more update.. .
cuteesthy:
Nice..... keep d fire burning

Thanks guys, new update up in a second.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 11:36am On Jun 26, 2017
deleted
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2017
zubike01:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked *eyes widened* *mouth open in a silent vent* * fist clenched* *Faced Squeezed, like 20 Naira in Okada man’s pocket* throw my divination beads up.. They land in a scattered spread* *Smiles and Laughs* : o shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
While you search google I explore Ifa…

kiss kiss kiss grin grin “HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE SCIENCE? You remind me of the fishes in water, they can't explain the ripples caused by rain. LOL... If you don't agree with the science, state your argument. wink” said the professor with a smirk on his face, thinking__ this guy no know how many Phd I get, I even get for metallurgy.

Fifth dimension, big bang, binary, golden mean /ratio and bits

Would be nice to get your views on this topics.
*collects beads scattered on the ground*
*sells bead to museum*
*buys Gaari Ijebu*

cheesy
You talk say make I state arguments.

Oda
“Boys, we finally might have an energy source that would enable us to cross black holes and visit galaxies unknown to man, but first, we must retrieve that stone at all cost.”

It has been observed that any thing that enters a blackhole is crushed into bits and never comes out, and even if it does, it's in microscopic particles.
So...grin

“Are you familiar with the fifth dimension theory?”
“Yes off course, the theory that the human eye can’t see a particular colour of light. What does that have to do with this?”
Make I just laugh for this sidegrin gringrin

There is no fifth dimension theory to start with, except you dey listen to them conspiracy theorists. Even string theory wey postulate the existence of 13th dimensions no talk say the fifth dimension has to do with light.

Oh and it is widely known that the human eye can only view a certain wavelength of light in the electromagnetic spectrum so baba, na miss be this. cheesy

oh and Wetin concern professor of metallurgy with stone shocked cheesy lipsrsealed

No vex o Alaye, na the small things wey I notice be that.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2017
zubike01:
Taiwo’s men had tried all manner of torture on Tunde, they had dunk his head in a bucket of water, removing it before the last breathe, they had use pillars to pull out three of his toe nails, they had flogged him with a whip made from cow skin. Tied him upside down but he still didn’t budge. He looked at Tunde in disgust.

“Speak up you fool or I would kill you!” Taiwo shouted eye balling Tunde “Just take me to the site that’s all I want!”

Tunde remained silent, he would rather die than give away the location of such a destructible force. He had seen it with his own eyes. They probably did not have the spiritual mechanism to control it. Taking them there would mean the death of all of them.

RING! RING!

Taiwo tied Tunde’s mouth shut with a piece of cloth.

“HELLO!” Taiwo answered his call.

“This is Ogunshola, I have arrive. How do we meet?”

“Ask of the vigilante head office, you would be directed here.”

A few minutes later Ogunshola walked in. As soon as Tunde set his eyes on him, sweat stung his eyes, he got hysterical, he start moving, shaking, and screaming inaudible sounds. Ogunshola looked at him and was filled with immediate rage.

“You again, you bloody thief!” Ogunshola screamed, he had half a mind to punch him but he resisted.

“You know him?” Taiwo asked.

“We have crossed paths before and he got away with it. Now the gods have brought him to me, so he can atone for his sacrilege.”

“We have tortured and tormented him but he refused to speak.” replied Taiwo.

“Let me try.” said Ogunshola.

Ogunshola took off the mouth guard. Once the cloth was removed, Tunde didn’t wait to be question, he started spitting out words, his fear of Ogunshola was clear.

“Ogunshola please! I am very sorry! I took the white lady there, she brought it out but everyone was struck dead by lightning, I told her not to once I saw the sacred calabash. I was just eager to see it!” Tunde busted out in tears.

“How did you do this?” Taiwo said to Ogunshola “You must teach me this skill, we tortured him for hours.”

“He knows I am merciless when it comes to people who rob me of my honour.” Ogunshola turned to Tunde who was still weeping.

“Would you take me there?” Ogunshola asked him.

“Yes, but know this, lightning killed everyone who was present when the calabash broke, I am scared it might repeat itself.”

“Don’t worry it wouldn’t.” Ogunshola replied and turned to face Taiwo “We need to get there fast and plant guards there to protect the axe while we try to find a way to keep it in its scared container.”

Ogunshola turned to Taiwo “Let one of your men, keep my bag somewhere safe, also my phones battery is low. They should help me charge it.”

“No problem, your things are safe here.” Taiwo order his men to handle Ogunsholas belongings.

Ogunshola untied Tundes legs and pushed him to lead the way. Taiwo and his crew followed them.

As they got closer, Ogunshola got disturbed by the dead bodies he saw, a cold chill ran down his spine. What confused him further was they were white men and women, and they were all gruesomely killed. One lady had bullet holes in her eye socket another fellow had a tree branch stuck in his face. He squeezed his face in horror and requested for a gun and they all began to move stealthy. He saw a lady standing by the axe and slowly they surround her.

“Hold it there!” Ogunshola screamed pointing his gun at Nike.

“You again! What the hell are you doing with him” Nike screamed as she turned around.

“I knew it, you are working with her! Bloody thieves!” Ogunshola said to Tunde smacking him on the head for good measure.

“I am as surprise as you are.” Tunde replied with a perplexed look on his face.

“Let us arrest her!” Shouted Taiwo.

“We would only end up like those dead people if we try.” Ogunshola replied.

“You mean she single handily killed them all?” Taiwo asked with widened eyes.

“Yes, she is plagued by Iku.”

Taiwo and his men took steps backward. Iku frighten them, they knew about this curse. They had heard tales about it but never experienced it first-hand.

“If you are not with him why you are here?” Ogunshola asked, he could see that Nike feared him a little. She was a worthy adversary.

“I now work with the Nigerian army and I am sorry about the statue, but I didn’t give it back because whenever I held it my curse disappeared” She looked straight into Ogunshola’s eyes, as if searching for pity in them, they remained cold and unforgiven. “We got wind of the strange lightning flash that came from the here, and I was sent to investigate. Americans had tried to steal it already, I had to unleash Iku on them. Please, if there is a way to seal this Axe back and keep it away from peering eyes, I would be willing to help”

“With your curse, your help would end up killing us all. How are you controlling it? Do you have the statue on you?”

“No I don’t, but don’t be scared, it is safe in a Santerían shrine in America, and no one knows your secret.”

Ogunshola felt relieved but not surprised, if the secret was leaked historians would have been having a field day with it.
“So how come none of us are dead?” That was his major concern.

“I have learnt to control it, I was taught the secrets of the Egun.”

There was calmness in the air, Taiwo’s crew all made sounds of relief.

“What do we do with your friend? He brought some white people to try and steal the axe! They broke the sacred mechanism without taking proper precaution, that’s what sparked up the lightning.” Ogunshola wanted to know if she was trust worthy.

“Do with him what you please, I thought he had changed but it’s obvious he is still the same old crook.” Nike had a disgusting look on her face. Tunde looked helpless and timid.

Ogunshola took a moment and consulted with Taiwo. Then he responded.

“If you really want to help, then you would stay here with Taiwo’s men to guard the axe while I go search for a means to place it back in a sacred calabash. The Americans might reinforce and come back, but with your ability, they wouldn’t stand a chance”

Taiwo knew containment would be impossible without possession, for only Shango himself could fix this. There were many priests who could fall into a trance and get possessed, but only for a short burst of time, which wouldn’t be long enough. He had advised Ogunshola, that they should just leave the axe where it was, and use taboo’s and rumour to scare people away from the spot, while mounting guards there. But Ogunshola declined he preferred a more permanent solution.

Taiwo and Ogunshola left, in search of Babalawo’s who were skilled enough to do this, dragging Tunde along with them.

Gehn gehn...

I love how they've teamed up. It seems like there will be a battle between Ogunshola and Nike.

Eagerly watching here to see who would win.

keep it coming man.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Nostradamus: 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
that man who is always quoting every update,you have been noticed, pls stop the nuisance now.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Olu317(m): 5:23pm On Jun 26, 2017
Interesting
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by tahir01(m): 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
This is getting intense
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by donkelz(m): 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2017
Loving this piece...thumbs up bro! How can I get the firsk book?
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2017
donkelz:
You can get it on Okada books https://www.okadabooks.com/search?term=azubike+ahubelem
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2017
tahir01:
This is getting intense
Olu317:
Interesting
Nostradamus:
that man who is always quoting every update,you have been noticed, pls stop the nuisance now.

Thanks peace... One update coming soon

SirWere:

*collects beads scattered on the ground*
*sells bead to museum*
*buys Gaari Ijebu*

cheesy
You talk say make I state arguments.

Oda

It has been observed that any thing that enters a blackhole is crushed into bits and never comes out, and even if it does, it's in microscopic particles.
So...grin "Yeah i should have use worm hole there, remember na science fiction_fantasy"

Make I just laugh for this sidegrin gringrin

There is no fifth dimension theory to start with, except you dey listen to them conspiracy theorists. Even string theory wey postulate the existence of 13th dimensions no talk say the fifth dimension has to do with light.

Oh and it is widely known that the human eye can only view a certain wavelength of light in the electromagnetic spectrum so baba, na miss be this. cheesy "The whole light thing, is part of the fifth dimension theory, the prof rightly said its more than just that. You need to read up on it before you dismiss it as a conspiracy theory."

oh and Wetin concern professor of metallurgy with stone shocked cheesy lipsrsealed You go soon know, ask Volcano LOL.
No vex o Alaye, na the small things wey I notice be that.-

I no vex bro iron sharpens iron and goat eats grass.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2017
deleted

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by stephenGee12(m): 11:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
zubike01 must commend u for this beautiful piece of urs. keep it up.
next update please
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
stephenGee12:
next update please

Thanks
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 5:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
stephenGee12:
next update please
donkelz:
Chukwudozzie:
Great piece.
PS: This is Dozzie from Magodo
SirWere:
ride on op
FakoMaybach1:

Update coming up

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 5:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
*** Deleted****

Nike and Ogunshola arrive at Oju’s Shrine, dragging Tunde along with them. As soon as they stepped in, Oju attacks Ogunshola, Nike stops him and he began the process of summoning Shango to mount Ogunshola.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Book Publishing In Nigeria / 7 Must Read Books By African Authors / Famous Books Of African Authors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.