Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,518 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:03 PM

How To Pass A Movie Audition, Even If It Is Your First Time. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How To Pass A Movie Audition, Even If It Is Your First Time. (7368 Views)

Girl Goes Naked Just To Pass A Movie Audition / Post All TV/Movie Audition Notices Here / Apply For Movie Audition (hollywood/nollywood) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Pass A Movie Audition, Even If It Is Your First Time. by ekusman(m): 11:57am On Jan 22, 2010
It’s no longer a speculation that the industry is getting more corrupt everyday as some girls are using their HOT PANT to get HOT ROLES and also some so-called Directors using their so-called script as a privilege to sleep with ninety-nine girls per second but is that the way forward?

If you ask me, I’ll simply say is madness but what do you expect when some people don’t believe in themselves… they will go extra miles just to get what they want even though it has to cost them their most precious, they give no shit. In an audition setting today, many things are happening, but the one that baffles me most is the way most of our girls dress, it makes me wonder of what they take audition for… may be a place of fun or hotel; but is it suppose to be so?

For me I don’t see any different between audition and interview, but for an interview, you don’t dress anyhow… your appearance on it’s own is a percentage because the way you presents your self determines who you are and what people should call you that is, your name is in your appearance… just for an instance; a bus offloaded his passengers as the bus conductor turned wanted without change agreement with the passengers, and at the other side were two friends waiting for a bus, one was on corporate while the other was on crazy sagged jean with a singlet on top, as the passengers were searching for their bus conductor, one on the process approached these two friends, showed some regards to the one on corporate and turned to his friend and asked him; “where is my change” this guy took it as an insult as the man thought he was their bus conductor but the blame goes on him, he presented himself as a tout so the outcome should be welcome.

The same goes to our girls; that a director is asking you for sex before his script is not because you’re the most beautiful but simply because you present your self as a cheap harlot, and what do foolish men do with harlot? So, the outcome should be welcome.

To become a movie star is not by beauty, you must work for it with your hot brain and not your hot pant. Many have fall the victim and more are going to fall if the right step is not taking… many thinks that the first step to become a movie star is by registering with the A.G.N. but to me, I think is the last… the first step is you discovering who you are; many jump into the industry just because they want to make name or their friends are there, but that is a wrong motive… the passion must be there and the motto ‘it’s you’ must not lost. So after these have been confirmed, the second step is training;

we have many training schools like The Arts Pavillion where I was trained, PEFTY and many more… and don’t think you’re too good that you don’t need a training because that’s where you will know everything base on what you trained for. I know some people are naturally good but lack directions; there are so many things you’ll be exposed to on a workshop… for example; Artist Languages, terminologies, Camera techniques, Stage movements, Speech etc. and when these have been settled, you can then go and register with the A.G.N. not as a nonentity this time but as a fully trained actor/actress that knows his or her onion and I bet you, every little thing you do, people will commend.

FIVE SURE WAYS TO PASS AUDITION

1, Your appearance

2, your ability to read

3, your speech

4, Flexibility (your body movement)

5, How you flow with lines (how you act)

And always bear in mind that not only when you’re facing the director in an audition that you’re acting, eyes are watching you so always ensure that you’re original, do your thing your own way and always believe in your self because the best actor/actress your self can ever produce is you and nobody…

stay glued to this site WWW.AUDITIONXPOMAGAZINE..COM for more details.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On MTN Project Fame Auditions / Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? / Video: Nigerian Comedy Show – Basketmouth Vs. Gordons [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.