Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,204 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:37 AM

Flowers For Sale In Jos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Flowers For Sale In Jos (3302 Views)

Plateau Government Begins Demolition Of Substandard Buildings In Jos (PHOTOS) / Three Story Building Collapses In Jos, Many Feared Dead, Others Injured / "Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flowers For Sale In Jos by lorhema(f): 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
One thing I've always liked Jos for is the number of gardens in the city. You easily pick up plants with minimal trouble. And the blooms are beautiful, with colours just like they come in their native countries.
I had friends who are florists in Lagos but they depended on Kenya and South Africa for their roses and other flowers.

I was pleased when, over the weekend, I visited a flower garden in the Lamingo area of Jos, Majesty Garden. I understand it is not the only flower garden in the area and is in fact the youngest. What I find appealing is the fact that these flower gardens are finding a growing market in Nigeria. People have set them up to provide the flowers that used to be imported. So I think we can extend the 'Buy Nigeria' campaign to this sector.

I was introduced to their Michaelmas daisies, chrysanthemum, dahlia, gladioli, helichrysum and scarlet, orange, pale yellow, coral and pink roses.

I was impressed. I understand the garden supplies orders from as far as Abuja and is prepared to supply pan-Nigeria.

Business must be good because most of the flowers were gone! Of course you know that new blooms are in the making.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by sholatech(m): 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
Awaiting Pictures!
Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by lorhema(f): 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
Pictures posted!
Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by lorhema(f): 11:10am On Jun 16, 2017
Majesty Garden: 08037871941

1 Like

Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by lorhema(f): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
The new blooms are out. Saw pictures of the rows of lovely flowers. Majesty Garden says they are expecting orders from churches, homes, offices, embassies and are willing and able to deliver. Additional pictures are samples of their work with flowers from their farm.
Let's Buy Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by AbiolaEsq(f): 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by lorhema(f): 8:53pm On Jun 19, 2017
I agree.
Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by lorhema(f): 9:26am On Jun 20, 2017
Hotels are also expected to be part of their clientele. Why import flowers when they are available locally?
Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by lorhema(f): 9:26am On Jun 20, 2017
Spread the word.
Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by lorhema(f): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
More pictures coming as soon as I can successfully upload them.
Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by lorhema(f): 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
Why import when you can get your cut flowers in Jos?

Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by lorhema(f): 8:39am On Jul 10, 2017
Lets Buy Nigerian.
Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by MsBella: 4:18pm On May 13, 2019
I remember visiting Jos as a child, the memories of that trip have stayed with me all these years.
Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by lorhema(f): 5:01pm On May 13, 2019
MsBella:
I remember visiting Jos as a child, the memories of that trip have stayed with me all these years.

My mother visited Jos in the seventies and still talks about the quality of the suya she ate then and the rich colour of the flowers.

Jos is still a nice place. The heat in April and May was unprecedented ( up to 40*C) but oldies feel it is due to more than global warming. A couple of them felt it was helped by the cutting down of trees which lined major roads by individuals. The wood is used for construction work!

2 Likes

Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by MsBella: 5:52pm On May 13, 2019
lorhema:

My mother visited Jos in the seventies and still talks about the quality of the suya she ate then and the rich colour of the flowers.

Jos is still a nice place. The heat in April and May was unprecedented ( up to 40*C) but oldies feel it is due to more than global warming. A couple of them felt it was helped by the cutting down of trees which lined major roads by individuals. The wood is used for construction work!

Wow! That suya must have been tasty! The weather changes in ways that are different from how it was. If trees are cut down, then replanting should be done. Man has an inherent trait to destroy nature.

I will make out the time to visit Jos soon. My silent fear is safety.

1 Like

Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by Aalumattar: 8:49am On Aug 17, 2019
People have set them up to provide the flowers that used to be imported. So I think we can extend the 'Buy Nigeria' campaign to this sector. Proflowers Coupon
Re: Flowers For Sale In Jos by Barby8: 4:29am On Feb 13, 2021
How wonderful it is! It is so nice to see how people take care of their garden! I have always admired the beautiful work of florists and gardeners. For example, like here: https://instaflora.net/en-gb/delivery-flowers-russia . Such professional work is done with taste and skill. But I myself, unfortunately, do not know how to make flower arrangements and I don't have a garden either. But I hope that someday I can learn and even open a flower shop!

(1) (Reply)

Okun Ajah Land For Sale ( Quick Sale) ( 2plots) ---sold, sold, sold / A Decent 2 Bedroom Flat At Gemade Estate, Gowon, Egbeda N400k / 3D Wall Panels,synthetic Grass,wooden Floor,wall Papers in Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.