Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand (43683 Views)

Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) / I Will Not Fail Nigeria Again - Buhari / 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Kyase(m): 8:47am On Jun 14, 2017
eph12:

There were no technologies, no template, no idea about what a working economy should look like but we know all these now and more. Are you still of the opinion that we are on the right path? So with the template set by developed world we must still move at this slow pace while some people bleed us dry? This is fvcked up
yea its too bad, but lets hope for a better future
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by fabre4: 8:49am On Jun 14, 2017
oweman:

I Knew this Oche at rijiya dorawa he however he is not very honest or don't he remember the statement by the late Ogbunigafor made to then Sultan Abubakar the third to the effect he want to has a sit a the meetings whenever the old Sokoto states traditional council are sitting comprising today's Kebbi and Zambfra states states are holding meeting he too be recognized and given a sit to partake in delibrstions or the most recent talk of the ibos that Lagos is no man's land not also forgeting thier misadventure in Akure or is it the iresponsible talk of owning 85% of Abuja ¡ dont also forget statements before the present Emir of Kano came onvthe throne to me they got a proper reply for thier dumb agitation .
Mr Oche take it easy its well with you
Obole

You're too dumb to use the internet you claim people dumb to agitate yet when they try to settle in your areas you make it obvious to them that they are the minorities and have no power there, while you have power over there lives and properties.

Anyways from your dumb reply it shows the level of shallowness from which you guys think.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Kyase(m): 8:50am On Jun 14, 2017
jessedaflow:
Americans re autonomous thee chose to be Americans but nigeria citezens re forcee to be Nigerian thereby removin patriotism in them..Let th government conduct referendum and see the faith of the people if really we re in democracy
nobody will, even if you're the president you cant, a single person cant

1 Like

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by InvertedHammer: 8:50am On Jun 14, 2017
ochejoseph:
BIAFRA VS AREWA FACE OFF: THE FIVE MAJOR ISSUE
WE MUST NOT FAIL TO US

Growing up as a child in Rigiyar Dorowa area ...

Salient issues

Now...
Which country in the world will allow foreigners to control 80 % of the commerce within its territory? It will be against National security to do so, except the capital of Biafra will be Abuja.

Oche Joseph Otorkpa is a fellow of the Royal Society for Public health UK
And Author of the Unseen Terrorist

To answer the question:
1. Phillipines controlled by the Chinese
2. Jamaica controlled by the Chinese and the Indians.

There are many more examples. But I believe these two are enough for now.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by mbhs139(m): 8:51am On Jun 14, 2017
agaba77:
Op most of your arguements are based on economics. What many non-igbo nigerians do not understand is that ndi-igbo's #1 priority in life is not about making money, rather it is the freedom to pursue their God given destiny without artificial hinderance as curently obtains in Nigeria. The second issue is lack of fairness, equity and justice. Igbo culture and mindest is very strong on these issues.

These two issues is what is driving the agitation. Igbo businesses lost billions of naira by oberserving the sit at home, if its all about money they would have ignored the order.

Keep in mind that Hitler confisticated billions of dollars in jewish properties and busineses. The Jews lost everything they had worked hard to accumulate all over europe. Today some of the richest people in europe and the entire world are jewish, from Zuckerberg of facebook to Sergei Brin of google. Ndi Igbo will start from scrath if need be and still prosper greatly because its the culture and in their dna.

The solution is more autonomy to the regions so they can chart their own course and control their destiny.

You lied at the bold part. That's a big big lie!!!

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by fabre4: 8:51am On Jun 14, 2017
intruxive:

Sensitive comedy grin
You want biafra land of milk and honey, aboki said oya go, now you are all bizzy speaking big big grammar
Pls what part of GO is so hard to understand inugo?

Are we going back to south east the land where human beings are used as target practice or are we going to Biafra land of milk and honey.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by eph12(m): 8:52am On Jun 14, 2017
Kyase:
yea its too bad, but lets hope for a better future
I think you​ meant let's plan and work towards​ a better future. The hope you​ used make it look​ like it's not​ in our hands.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by madridguy(m): 8:53am On Jun 14, 2017
Nice one Mr Oche. I think you need to stop wasting your energy over this matter. I think this is the best time for the Biafra to leave so we can forge ahead as a nation. Enough of broua broua everywhere because staying beyond October 1st will worsen their case.

My opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by phoexix: 8:53am On Jun 14, 2017
Nice write up Op

1 Like

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by onyidon22(m): 8:53am On Jun 14, 2017
?? cool

11 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nightwolf1: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2017
kynbasil01:
i stopped reading when i saw 'igbos dominate civil service '

Everything about the article isn't entirely true. Igbos don't dominate the civil service

13 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by coptic: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2017
LordOfNaira:
Everyone is speculating about what would happen between and within Nigeria and Biafra when the Igbos leave.

The reality is, should the Igbos leave, there will no longer be Nigeria. Nobody would want to be in the same country with the Hausa-Fulani people.

True.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by stylochime: 8:55am On Jun 14, 2017
Lushore1:
I'm happy the author kept the yorubas out of his story...
it tells u hw inconsequencial dey are in dis zoo called nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by ONYII4TRUT: 8:56am On Jun 14, 2017
intruxive:
Oche, dey didnt ask you for help. They want biafra dole grin

You are indeed a good and unbiased person going by your write up

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by JastSiryin(m): 8:56am On Jun 14, 2017
agaba77:
Op most of your arguements are based on economics. What many non-igbo nigerians do not understand is that ndi-igbo's #1 priority in life is not about making money, rather it is the freedom to pursue their God given destiny without artificial hinderance as curently obtains in Nigeria. The second issue is lack of fairness, equity and justice. Igbo culture and mindest is very strong on these issues.

These two issues is what is driving the agitation. Igbo businesses lost billions of naira by oberserving the sit at home, if its all about money they would have ignored the order.

Keep in mind that Hitler confisticated billions of dollars in jewish properties and busineses. The Jews lost everything they had worked hard to accumulate all over europe. Today some of the richest people in europe and the entire world are jewish, from Zuckerberg of facebook to Sergei Brin of google. Ndi Igbo will start from scrath if need be and still prosper greatly because its the culture and in their dna.

The solution is more autonomy to the regions so they can chart their own course and control their destiny.
You fellas need to quit it with this Jewish comparisons, "Y'allz is niggaz" *in a Black American voice*[b]
agaba77:

You fellas need to quit it with this Jewish comparisons, "Y'allz is niggaz" *in a Black American voice*[/b]
agaba77:

You fellas need to quit it with this Jewish comparisons, "Y'allz is niggaz" **in a Black American voice**

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Toosure70: 8:57am On Jun 14, 2017
Better tell them
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by janykute: 9:00am On Jun 14, 2017
Fremancipation:

In fact igbos are the most united and progressive group in Nigeria. Everywhere they are, they form igbo unions and donate money to help back home. Stop this useless myth.
Dont mind them.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by intruxive(m): 9:04am On Jun 14, 2017
fabre4:

Are we going back to south east the land where human beings are used as target practice or are we going to Biafra land of milk and honey.
If you ask me, na who I go ask. Go back (in ur millions) and turn it to paradise grin
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by nototribalist: 9:04am On Jun 14, 2017
I'm surprise Afonjas have not arrived yet. They like to put their mouth in something that don't concern them.

12 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by danyaril2yahoo: 9:06am On Jun 14, 2017
Mr oche, Point of correction.Biafra is not landlocked & Asaba is a full blooded BIAFRA Nation.All hail Biafra!
Growing up as a child in Rigiyar Dorowa area of Sokoto was one of the happiest times of my life, opposite our house were the native Hausa/ Fulani hosts while on our sides were the non-natives 80% of which were Igbos. life was good, pidgin English was the lingua franca and the two other languages we could not do without were Igbo and Hausa and as kids we spoke them fluently nobody thought us we just grew up to speaking the languages as we mingled without segregation.

I have stayed out the Biafra discussion because I realized that whenever the issue comes up emotions run high while common sense and logical reasoning is always thrown out of the window hence my decision to watch the drama on the sidelines ,As a child who was born, raised and educated in Sokoto, North western Nigeria, I have felt the warmth, kindness and undiluted love of the people, I also understand the thinking's of a typical northerner haven spent the first 27 years of my life there and as a husband to a lovely Igbo woman and father to kids with some Igbo blood in their veins I also have a stake in the Eastern region.

Like I asserted in my book the Unseen Terrorist published by Author house in the United Kingdom, telling yourself a lie is like putting a short gun to your head and pulling the trigger in both ways you end up destroying yourself. There are 5 issues we must objectively look at in the ethnic and religious conflict that produced the Biafra agitation, at this point in our nation’s history silence is no longer golden, and history will not be kind to us if we fail to objectively dissect the issue and help the warring parties understand what is truly at stake.

Issue Number 1: The Tendency of the North to always be Violent

No one likes living with animals, as Northerner's we have spilled so much human blood, about 75 % of our innocent and defenseless victims have been the Igbo people and their children, and we have not spared their property also. Once there is any small fight or civil disturbance the next thing a northern miscreant thinks of is how to destroy Igbo property and sniff life out of a fellow human being.
During the sharia and election crises we killed and destroyed their properties across northern Nigeria, while they were still bleeding from the pains of the civil war and the trauma of abandoned property we continued to make them our number one target at the slightest provocation, these animalistic behavior we have perfected over decades has made living with us a nightmare.
Even among the so called northerners we have remained extremely violent to ourselves, how do we explain the killings in my home state Benue, how do we rationalize the slaughter by Boko haram in the North East. The Agatu massacre by Fulani herdsmen, their collaborators and silent supporter's is unexplainable yet we want people to live and coexist with us! Only a mad man will do so without asking questions.

\

Issue Number 2: Beneficiaries of the Northern Population.

The second truth we must tell ourselves is why are the Igbo's found in the remotest villages of Northern Nigeria, No one has milked the benefits of the Northern population like the Igbo nation truth be told. Unfortunately, majority of Igbo's and southerners are unwilling to accept the role of the north in developing the Igbo entrepreneurial zeal.
A vast majority of the Goods and products sold in major south eastern markets like Aba and Onitsha are not consumed in the East they end up in the north, this explains why the volume of cash inflow to the east is at its lowest during Ramadan and crisis period up North, today the Igbo's control about 70% of the core commercial activity in the North while Northerner's control less than 3 % in the Eastern region these are facts.
The Northern population has provided a training ground for many Igbo traders and their trainees who later became masters and continued their commercial exploits , data has shown that a vast majority of real estate especially in major cities in the northern Nigeria are owned by our eastern brothers and sisters thanks to a northern population that was willing to support their enterprise, but to claim the Igbo's are doing the north a favour by making money in their enclave like some have claimed is taking the insult too far .

Issue Number 3: Insensitivity to Religious Beliefs on Both sides

The complete lack of regard for the religious believe of the typical Muslim is usually the trigger for violence between the Arewa Muslim community and the Igbo nation, it is not unusual t

1 Like

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by danemenike: 9:11am On Jun 14, 2017
Honestly, I feel this issue has become glaring to every Igbo in the north. Nobody is saying you shouldn't invest in the north but invest wisely. Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat history, wouldn't it be wise that @least you invest a little in the EAST? Even if it's just a little you never can say what tomorrow holds.

To buy a land in Awka, Owerri, Enugu and Asaba call

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Emmenyk(m): 9:11am On Jun 14, 2017
Whynotthetruth:
ochejoseph

... Hence, I will pray again; Ka mmiri Biafra zosa mu na ndi Igbo nile wink (let the rains of Biafra fall over us and wash away the dirty memories of Nigeria ) Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!

Iseeee!

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by janykute: 9:13am On Jun 14, 2017
danemenike:
Honestly, I feel this issue has become glaring to every Igbo in the north. Nobody is saying you shouldn't invest in the north but invest wisely. Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat history, wouldn't it be wise that @least you invest a little in the EAST? Even if it's just a little you never can say what tomorrow holds.

To buy a land in Awka, Owerri, Enugu and Asaba call
Are you genuinely contributing to the topic or advertising your product?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Jflex07(m): 9:17am On Jun 14, 2017
sarahade:
What I know is Biafra should stop including Niger delta in their useless map. If we can't stay on our own we stand with Nigeria.
Shut up! I am a Niger Deltan. speak for yourself.

21 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 14, 2017
People threatening igbos with their properties in Nigeria as if this is 1967......

yet they claim they are educated and are in the know of whats going on in this 21st century...

I go about Lagos and all i can see is properties owned by foreigners and Nigerians...If Biafra part tomorrow, whatever that happens to Chinese investment and indians happens to Igbo investment too...

Thinking like we are still under some military rule makes me wonder Whether Nigerians are realy free mentally.

22 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Dreadful: 9:18am On Jun 14, 2017
iiiyyyk:
your write up is fine, though u lean a bit in favour of the north that I understand.

1. U know life can not be compared to any material acquisition by man. The mere fact that the life and property of an Igboman is not and might never be secured in the North, looking at current prevailing factors. This alone completely nullifies any economic benefit Igbos get from the North.

2.U didn't Mention that Igbos pay business and property/hotel taxes in those states, which help the economy of those states.

3. if Igbos withdraw their little investments in the north, the economy of those places will feel it as well.
4. who consume most of the farm produce from the North, remember we buy them, north dont give it to us for free. if they tax our products heavily, we also tax theirs.
5. Igbos will easily build another lagos in Abia, via Imo River to atlantic,
or in cross River and Akwa Ibom whom am very sure we gladly join the Igbos...Remember we are very close to central Africa, a bigger market than Lagos_ west Africa corridor.

6. what makes nations great is not natural resources, but Human capital development and financial capital, which u agree Igbos are not doing too badly in Both.

I want a restructured Nigeria, to true fiscal federalism, or back to regional(6 federating Regions) but if Fed govt persist in status quo, am afraid, Nigeria is not sustainable. therefore Biafra becomes the next viable option for all progressive minded Igbo Nation.

I tell u the truth, Biafra will be an aggressive success with freeminded Igbomen. Rather than compare Biafra with Sudan, I think u should look at countries like Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea and Singapore. the Igboman share same spirit and mindset with people from these places ....surving against all odds

all the same welldone

You are blessed!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by reiddecuti: 9:20am On Jun 14, 2017

More still coming.
The action will never end.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by danyaril2yahoo: 9:21am On Jun 14, 2017
Valid input,because Biafra are not landlocked.mr oche fear is if Biafra goes,None of them will survive or able to co-exist with fulani/hausa.
iiiyyyk:
your write up is fine, though u lean a bit in favour of the north that I understand.

1. U know life can not be compared to any material acquisition by man. The mere fact that the life and property of an Igboman is not and might never be secured in the North, looking at current prevailing factors. This alone completely nullifies any economic benefit Igbos get from the North.

2.U didn't Mention that Igbos pay business and property/hotel taxes in those states, which help the economy of those states.

3. if Igbos withdraw their little investments in the north, the economy of those places will feel it as well.
4. who consume most of the farm produce from the North, remember we buy them, north dont give it to us for free. if they tax our products heavily, we also tax theirs.
5. Igbos will easily build another lagos in Abia, via Imo River to atlantic,
or in cross River and Akwa Ibom whom am very sure we gladly join the Igbos...Remember we are very close to central Africa, a bigger market than Lagos_ west Africa corridor.

6. what makes nations great is not natural resources, but Human capital development and financial capital, which u agree Igbos are not doing too badly in Both.

I want a restructured Nigeria, to true fiscal federalism, or back to regional(6 federating Regions) but if Fed govt persist in status quo, am afraid, Nigeria is not sustainable. therefore Biafra becomes the next viable option for all progressive minded Igbo Nation.

I tell u the truth, Biafra will be an aggressive success with freeminded Igbomen. Rather than compare Biafra with Sudan, I think u should look at countries like Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea and Singapore. the Igboman share same spirit and mindset with people from these places ....surving against all odds

all the same welldone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration / Zahra Buhari And Dele Momodu Pictured Together In London As They Support Buhari / CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.