Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

The Rise Of Stone - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Rise Of Stone (777 Views)

The Rise And Rise Of Award Winning Writer, Esther Itohan Obasuyi (Pics) / The Rise And Fall Of Derico ”nwa-mama” ( True Life Story ) – Episode 1 / Kasala The Lighting Stone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rise Of Stone by PointB: 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
The Rise of Stone was inspired and dedicated to : NaijaMutant
After she made this post: https://www.nairaland.com/3232828/win-again-presidential-election-holds#47643336

Popular pitch
1. And when King Bubu by his words and deeds has pitched the people, North against the South, sect against sect, tongue and tongue, his love among the people began to wane.
2. He arose and addressed naysayers saying: “Lo, ye naysayers, multitude of the good people of Nigira cast their lots for me, for which I became king.
3.“Even now, were I to stand before Nigira again to ask that ye pitched thy tents and cast thy lots with me, verily I say these multitude will stand by me.”

A vote for stone
4. In those days, hunger and despondence has afflicted the people, and the zeal to strife and make quarrel with the King hath abated. And many men have lost their power of clear thoughts.
5. But one among the multitude stood. Above the scourge of hunger and despondence, she stood. She was no man.
6. And she raised her voice, and vigorously called upon the people, saying: “Lest King Bubu take us all for Zombies who sing day and night his praises, choose ye this day who thou would pitch thy tents with, and cast thy lots. Will ye, good people of Nigira, pitch thy tents and cast thou lots for King Bubu son of Hari first of his name, or this nameless and lowly stone?”
7. And she raised the stone, and place it upon a pedestal beside a portrait of the King, symbolically. And there was silence. Then...
8. “The Stone!” whispered one, meekly.
9. “I pitch my tent with the stone, and for it will I cast my lot,” announced another, “Surely a stone would do no worse than the son of Hari,” he added.
10. And in this manner many followed to cast their lots. Several for the stone and few for the king. For many agreed that King Bubu has reneged on his promises and have failed the people.
12. Thus did the people express their disenchantment for King Bubu, for the suffering in the land had continue to increase.

Campaign after election
13. King Bubu and his men have shown little knowledge of the issue, and make no haste to attend to them.
14. For even though the people have given King Bubu the mantle to rule over them, he continued to campaign. “I will rid the country of corruption. I will revive commerce. I will kill She-cow. I will…,” he continued to say.
15. And when King Bubu is called to task by the people to ease their sufferings, “King Jonah’s men have looted all the money,” he’ll answer, “We will pursue them, and recover all the spoils they took from the land.”
16. While he dallies, commerce crumbled. The people suffer.
17. And they sent prayers and supplications to him saying, “O great King, hunger knocks at our doors, as poverty has taken residence among several of us. Pray, good King make haste, and bring us succor.”
18. “Patience, my good people patience. For the path to change is a difficult terrain, and only with endurance can you walk it,” replied the King. Then he continue to tarry, and dally.

The rise of stone
18. And the people continue to writhe in anguish, yet endureth the pain. In the suffering, some withered like rose set upon by the noon rays, yet other hardened like leaven bread cast to the sun.
19. And this manner the people began to hardened their hearts, minds and body. For to survive they will have to be like stones – harder than the scourge.
20. And so when the maiden arose among the multitude saying, “Choose ye this day who ye shall pitch thy tents with, and cast thy lots. For King Bubu son of Hari or the Stone?”
21. King Bubu, unto them, was like a withered rose. No one wants it.
22. “I stand with stone.” [/i]they continued to mutter with their failing strength. [i]“I pitch my tent with the stone, for King Bubu has failed.”
23. And when the tally was taken, not many were awed that the lowly stone garnered more votes and support than the mighty King Bubu. Several hundreds of people stood with the stone, and a few dozen with the King.
24. And thus began the rise of stone.

Acts of King Bubu, Chapter 25
http://www.hotchapters.com/2016/09/07/king-bubu-rise-stone/
More at www.HotChapters.Com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rise Of Stone by NaijaMutant(f): 10:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
I'm honoured dear.
Many thanks.
Nigeria must be healed
Re: The Rise Of Stone by SarcasticMe(m): 6:16am On Jun 14, 2017
You have a great writing style... Thumbs up.
Re: The Rise Of Stone by PointB: 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
NaijaMutant:
I'm honoured dear.

Many thanks.

Nigeria must be healed

You are welcome.
Re: The Rise Of Stone by PointB: 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
SarcasticMe:
You have a great writing style... Thumbs up.

Thanks man.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

They Are Vixens Not Sex Objects By John Chizoba Vincent / The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher / Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.