Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:04 PM

Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" (51138 Views)

Kidnapper Evans' Wife, Uchenna Onwuamadike Cries & Begs Nigerians (Photo) / Chukwudidumeme Onwuamadike Evans Names His Victims (Photo) / Chukwudi Dumeme Onwuamadike Aka Evans: How I Evaded Police Manhunt For Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by Urukpe: 8:33am On Jun 14, 2017
…Narrates chilling story of crime life

…He must be well protected — FEMI FALANA

By Emma Nnadozie, Crime Editor, Wahab Abdulah & Ifeanyi Okolie

lagos—THE kidnap kingpin, Chukwudubem Onwuamadike, a.k.a Evans, who was arrested last Saturday by operatives of Inspector General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team, IRT, for coordinating several high-profile kidnappings, armed robbery and murder within Lagos, Edo, Abia, Enugu and Anambra States, yesterday, revealed that his father’s decision to disown him was the reason he took to crime.

Evans, who received millions of dollars as ransom from his victims, during his reign as an ingenious kidnapper in the country, told Vanguard exclusively that he was forced to drop out of school while in Junior Secondary School Class 2, when his father, Steven Onwuamadike, drove his mother, Chinwe, away and got married to another woman.

He must be well protected – Femi Falana

He spoke as human rights lawyer and critic, Mr Femi Falana, SAN, yesterday, called on the Inspector- General of police, Ibrahim Idris, to ensure that the notorious kidnap kingpin is well-protected in police custody for him and his accomplices to face justice squarely.

Commending the Police for a good job, towards ensuring that crime, especially kidnapping is eradicated in the country, Falana urged the Force to ensure the arrest of other accomplices, investigate them deeply and arraign them for prosecution.

In a statement, Falana said: “The Nigeria Police Force deserves commendation for the recent arrest of a notorious kidnap kingpin, Chukwudi Onwuamadike, a.k.a ‘Evans.’ Since he is alleged to have named his accomplices, they should all be arrested by the Police without any delay.

”All the members of the criminal syndicate should be charged to court for trial. The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, should ensure that the kingpin is adequately protected in custody.

“This is one suspect that should not be shot dead while trying to escape from custody. If Evans is killed in custody, his evidence will be destroyed to the detriment of the society as his accomplices will continue their nefarious business of kidnapping and killing innocent members of the public,” he stated.

Driven away from home

Evans in his disclosure, yesterday, explained that his father, who is a businessman asked him to join another business man, a spare parts dealer, also in Nnewi, who he served for five years without settlement because the man later accused him of stealing.

This development, according to him, embarrassed his father so much that he drove him out of his house. Evans who is a native of Akamili, Umudim Quarters, Nnewi, Anambra State, stated that his father’s action affected him deeply and he was forced to move into his mother’s house. He said his mother accepted him and she also raised money for him which he used in travelling to Lagos.

While in Lagos, Evans disclosed that he started selling diesel to luxury buses and truck drivers at Alafia Bus-stop along Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

He explained that, while he was selling diesel, he slept in a bus garage and that was where he joined a robbery gang.

First robbery gang

Vanguard gathered that Evans’ first robbery gang specialized in attacking luxury buses plying the East – West Road, at night. Police sources explained that Evans was involved in several highway robberies from which he raised enough money with which he travelled to South Africa.

A former anti-robbery police operative attached to Orile Police Station, who pleaded anonymity, disclosed that Evans and his gang specialized in robbing traders in luxury buses travelling at night on the road.

The ex-policeman added that Evans who had several informants around motor parks in Alafia, Maza-Maza and Jibowu areas of Lagos State, used to obtain first hand information on the movements of traders coming to Lagos State with huge amounts of money from informants working at major luxury buses parks across the country.

The source disclosed that Evans and his gang would attack these buses on the highway and dispossess the passengers of their cash and other valuables, explaining that some of his gang members were arrested and when the police were closing in on him, he fled the country to return a few years later and relocated to the East.

Forming another gang

It was gathered that while in the East, he formed another dangerous gang that started robbing and kidnapping wealthy business men especially in the commercial city of Onitsha in Anambra State and Aba in Abia State.

When his notoriety soared in criminal circles, other robbery gangs started seeking him. That was how he became the financier of arms and armourer for the fearless and deadly armed robbery kingpin in the east from Nkanu in Enugu State, popularly called Ngwu Ekekere Omu, who robbed banks all over the country until he was killed in Anambra by a military patrol team that blocked a road on a tip-off from members of the Special anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, in Awka.

Bloody robbery operation at Nsukka

Afterwards, he carried out a bloody robbery operation at the university town of Nsukka, Enugu State, where he killed among others, a Divisional Police Officer and later shot the SARS Commander in Enugu in the knee while they were pursuing him along Adani/Otuocha road.

During that operation, he also burnt down Nsukka Police Station after raiding one of the banks and as he was escaping from the scene with his gang, they threw bundles of crisp Naira notes in different denominations to the cheering crowd and commercial motorcyclists, including school children who were on their way home.

Ngwu Ekere Omu died in 2009 and most of his gang members were hunted down and eliminated by members of the Special anti-Robbery Squad in Enugu and Anambra states.

Police sources said Evans participated actively in that deadly operation and later, after some of their gang members including their leader were killed, he again escaped abroad.

Going into full-time kidnapping

On his return, according to sources, he veered into full time kidnapping with Lagos as his base. He used to pose as a spare parts dealer from South Africa with proceeds of his crime. Reports also alleged that he participated in some operations with another notorious killer, Vampire, who was later killed by the Police after plotting his escape from Owerri court in Imo State, while on trial.

Investigations revealed that Evans later linked up with another notorious kidnapper called Henry Hunchman in Anambra State and they coordinated several kidnappings.

They were later chased out of Anambra State and they fled to Edo State. Evans told Vanguard during a chat that he teamed up with one of his friends, Ehis, in Edo state and they started kidnapping.

He disclosed that Ehis introduced him to some of his friends known as Benin Papa, Odionose, Okey and Igbo Papa and they coordinated several kidnappings.

He further explained that he was forced to invite his friend, Hunchman, who he said had heavy arms and ammunition to join them in Edo State. According to him, ‘’When Hunchman came in, we carried out two big kidnappings that yielded N150 million, but Hunchman who owned the arms and ammunition, ran away with the money.’’

Escapades during MD Abubakar’s era as IGP

Vanguard investigation also revealed further that Evans’ activities became so troubling that the then Inspector -General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, deployed one of his key operatives, Patrick Ejedawe, who was the Commander of Mopol 2 Squadron Command, Lagos, to Edo State, to track him and his members down.

It was learned that Ejedawe, now an Assistant Commissioner of Police, mopped up all members of the gang except Evans, Hunch-man and Sudo, who fled to Ghana.

Sources disclosed that betrayals in the gang aided the police in mopping up the gang members, leading to the death of members like Benin Papa, Odionosa, Okey, Igbo Papa and many others who were killed by the Police in gun battles.

Our source further disclosed that Evans, Hunch-man and Sudo eventually came back to Nigeria and were based in Lagos, when Ejedawe was redeployed from Edo State by a new Inspector-General of Police.

At that point, Evans and his gang terrorised residents of Festac Town, Amuwo Odofin, Ojo and Ajao Estate areas of Lagos State before he was arrested.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/took-crime-father-disowned-evans/

3 Likes

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by NOC1(m): 8:49am On Jun 14, 2017
Hmm he started stealing from the womb, but his Dad made a mistake when you see strange acts from your kids try your best to talk them out, don't be harsh apply diplomacy on some issues.
Now did ''i disown you'' change his lifestyle? noo it only took him to the street and made matter worse, now the family name has been dragged to the mud whether the dad is against or in support community will never see him as a good man...

wow this got my attention pursuing him along Adani/Otuocha road, only my Igbo brothers will understand, when the pursue you inside white PU*sy youre finished.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by SuperSuave(m): 8:58am On Jun 14, 2017
First of all, you dey mad!! angry
lemme now read the superstory

7 Likes

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by adadike281(f): 9:01am On Jun 14, 2017
So u were d one that killed that dpo at nsukka! the DPO that risked his life to save others? oh! may you not just die but cut with a kitchen knife bit by bit till u die. wicked man! oh, I was still in UNN then. kai! justice at last.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by toxxnoni(m): 9:01am On Jun 14, 2017
Hmmm, story for the gods

Abeg

Promo kiss tongue cool

Check out our signature in green colour down
Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by Larryfest(m): 9:10am On Jun 14, 2017
Hmm...Daddy issues right

1 Like

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by auntysimbiat(f): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2017
Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by Onyinye15(f): 11:01am On Jun 14, 2017
There is no excuse or ignorant to crime, oga Evans in as much as ur father disowned you,
didnt ur mind condemn your act at some point?

Anyways face the music but I won't be suprise if you walk out a free man in the next 5 years

parents should learn to rebuke, protect and not sell off their children

1 Like

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by Kennitrust(m): 11:01am On Jun 14, 2017
My.childhood was a hard one

Imaging growing without parental care
My dad leaved at my 3 and at my mum at my 9yrs old.

Education wasn't in my thinking since no one
Pointed at it's essences to me.

In.all my academic yrs I was able to complete my primary 6 from 3, that's mean, I spent three yrs in school before dropout

I when out to hustle to give my kids, a.world that
I did not met

My greatest joy is that
Everything went well without hurting anyone

Do something meaningful today and u won't regret it like Evans

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by blaquebelle: 11:02am On Jun 14, 2017
Someone shuu pls summarise this his biography angry
Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by exlinklodge: 11:02am On Jun 14, 2017
lol

Femi the Femi, why is it that people called are always cocky? And to Evans, hmmmm is your parent disowning you a reason to join crime? hmmm

anyway, for all my fat and big ladies and guys in that house this video is for you

GET THAT FAT OFF YOUR BODY -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I90LiF90SQ&t=8s
Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by NwaAmaikpe: 11:02am On Jun 14, 2017
shocked

Evans is now more popular than Awolowo in the West.

Most folks will now start disowning their sons so they will become this famous in future.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by Evablizin(f): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2017
My friend satap you like crime things,is in your blood from drugs to kidnapping,being disown by your father is not an excuse for being a criminal

16 Likes

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 14, 2017
Landed Property!
Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 14, 2017
Oga celebrity, i have a feeling that this guy get long leg.

Make i dey observe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by 5chrisade: 11:03am On Jun 14, 2017
Evans, the kidnapper and stephnie Otobo (Apostle's alleged mistress), the UK based olosho are good examples of the negative effect of broken homes. Be warned, guys.

6 Likes

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by virus05(m): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2017
Evans
Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by Aburi001: 11:03am On Jun 14, 2017
This is a lame excuse, Dangote borrowed 5 naira from his late uncle, invested into Cement business back then in the 80s. The rest is a fairy tale.

Abiola came out from a poor home. In fact, he ate egg for the first time in Kudirat''s house but died a billionaire and Worldwide recognition.

Evans is blessed with greed and evil. He should leave his father out of this mess.

Nemesis knows how best to reward people according to their deeds.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by paskyboy: 11:03am On Jun 14, 2017
YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO NDIGBO AND BIAFRA

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by umehjonah4(m): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2017
sad sad
Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by nairaman66(m): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2017
Enjoying the spotlight still after capture!
Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by wellmax(m): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2017
Story for the gods

2 Likes

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by oheni(f): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2017
undecidedBt u should have tell us why d old man disowned u nah,no father will just wake one day n disown his own child..... #jstthinking undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by Olukologia(m): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2017
I promise, de guy will soon gain his freedom. He'll relocate
Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by sam4noow(m): 11:05am On Jun 14, 2017
NCAN
reporting from Ajegunle - Apapa lagos..
Name: Evans chukwudi

Ooooo na Dem dem **developer** Flattinos
Biafra*ud.....

8 Likes

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by ElPadrino33: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2017
God help us and our unborn kids. That's all I can say!

1 Like

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by Hlakome: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2017
Falana why are you protecting an ungrateful Flatron criminal?

You re on ya own o. In 20 years, his children will accuse you of ruining their lives for not letting their "Bad influence papa" spend the rest of his life in prison.

I hope you know they always have a way of blaming yorubas for every bad luck that befalls them in life?

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by sulesule12(m): 11:05am On Jun 14, 2017
so na Evans dm use distract us from government ish this week

5 Likes

Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by sod09(m): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2017
abi they should roast dem all and served the animals in the zoo angry angry angry
Re: Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" by nnokwa042(m): 11:07am On Jun 14, 2017
adadike281:
So u were d one that killed that dpo at nsukka! the DPO that risked his life to save others? oh! may you not just die but cut with a kitchen knife bit by bit till u die. wicked man! oh, I was still in UNN then. kai! justice at last.
nkeiru Okwuba Na you get this ukwu? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gospel Gbaraka Death: Ogoni Youths Demand Justice / Soldier Tortures Man Who Was Accused Of Stealing Phone In Awka / Akunna Mirabel Okoh, Nigerian Arrested For Domestic Violence In Dallas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.