Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out (124125 Views)

2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Towluh: 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
please add me to the whatsapp group ...thanks
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by trendy09(f): 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
Pls someone should kindly screenshot d submit page as i can't find it nd i havent submitted.
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by trendy09(f): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
Pls i need d proficiency test past questions too...pls someone should help out...onatundeaisha@gmail.com Thanks
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by zabadii(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
Please add 08066532531. I had a MPH program in u.I but I want to apply for MPhil in medical sociology
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Costmass(m): 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
abeg make una add me to d WhatsApp group abeg.....07032441674
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Sarcasm01: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
fergie001:
Those who are interested in the prospectus,can pm me,

Wish U best of luck
Pls for God sake add this number 0813 564 9867
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Sarcasm01: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
Pls add this 0813 564 9867
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Tolu16: 3:31am On Jul 20, 2017
fergie001:
I sincerely do apologize for getting back so late.

1) There are network issues now,as a result of the rush,but continue to try most esp at nights.
You surely will pull through......the closing date still remains 25th of July,2017.

2)For those applying for MPH,its nothing different other than the fact that it is a practical-oriented course,and lectures are usually taken at UCH(University College Hospital).
It involves a lot of field work,practical work,reports,etc.

3)Alma-mater not on the school portal is a usual complaint,but try to refresh and if it persists,try communicating the information unit helplines(esp via mail).

4)You can run for a Masters Degree with a second class lower UG result,but note that at screening levels,your grades are marked.
For ex:Someone with 1st class will have a higher edge than someone with a 2.1,etc.
So,those with above a 3.00 are mostly advised to keep hope alive and if possible juggle in for courses that are non-competitive yet lucrative.
PS:Certain departments like Elect/Elect Engineering does not accept a 2.2,unless you are recommended by ....(you und).

5)An advise for transcript is that,people should concentrate more on the Proficiency than Transcript for now.
Transcript will most likely be needed after the Proficiency,you still can submit your transcript in October,and even November,remember you must pass first before a transcript.
Asides those who studied outside the country,it is advisable you concentrate on your upcoming exams.

6)Transcript submission when the time comes could be submitted by hand or electronically,depending on your alma-mater.
Certain schools send it themselves(Umudike,UNN,etc) while some may choose to give the students to submit themselves,but it MUST be SEALED.

7)Those wanting to move from English Education to English Arts can easily do that,by applying for same.
Those wanting to move from English Arts to English Education would have to run a PGDE for about a year,where you will write about 6 courses,undergo a teaching practice of about 9weeks,and write a report(not a thesis),before re-applying for the programme at hand.

coolYou can apply for Industrial Engineering,if your 1st degree was gotten from Petroleum Engineering,Chemical Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Elect/Elect Engineering.

9)You can apply for Social Works,if you had your 1st degree in Political Science(Educ),but note that in UI,Social Works isn't academic but Professional and hence you cannot run a Phd in Social Works in UI(for now).

10)With God everything is possible.

Wish You all success.

Cc: Queenarbie,alhassanu,bamtos14,joyemerald,ahmed92,two square,oluwagbadura,gaxxol

Please the page is giving me an error after employment histroy and i have been refreshing it to no avail. Please what can i do

Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Samuelasiwaju(m): 8:27am On Jul 20, 2017
After the payment of d application fee is there a confirmation mail or message before you can proceed to upload ur credentials. Have paid since a week plus now but it keeps redirecting me back to the invoice. Pls help cus deadline is near alryd
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by ndes27: 9:00am On Jul 20, 2017
pls help me wit the ui pg prospectus
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by kaymueez: 9:09am On Jul 20, 2017
Please add 08038041015 to whatsapp group
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Ahahhhhh: 10:01am On Jul 20, 2017
Submit page has disappeared and I haven't submitted because the submit page link an print forms link are not going. Also is it after i submit my referees get their mails? Pls help with urgent reply. 2 days to go. In addition can I print the transcript label form on the preview page as print forms page is not working
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Ogunsanya1: 10:26am On Jul 20, 2017
Pls add me to the UI PG applicants whatsapp group. My contacts :08102002421. Email :nehemiahbj@gmail.com
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Ogunsanya1: 10:35am On Jul 20, 2017
Pls, add me to the whatsapp group. My Contact:08102002421
Also, Pls I need clarification on how a Third Class applicant can apply for PG... someone asked me, but I didn't see PGD option when I did mine
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by ndes27: 12:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
i tried to fil the form but its showing blank spaces .cant enter the faculty ad other things.pls help out ad add me to the watsapp group.08132325046
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by lolitadauz(f): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2017
Good afternoon guys, please I need your assistance. After imputing my name and email address am yet to get an application number and password sent to my email address and it is almost 30 minutes.
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by lilliesboy(m): 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
Samuelasiwaju:
After the payment of d application fee is there a confirmation mail or message before you can proceed to upload ur credentials. Have paid since a week plus now but it keeps redirecting me back to the invoice. Pls help cus deadline is near alryd
No, the UniBadan or bank won't send you a confirmation mail after SUCCESSFUL payment; although your bank may send you a text message informing you of the deduction if you paid online.

Click here http://pgsui.com/application/existing_applicant.jsp and login as an "Existing Applicant" by filling your Username (e.g. PG1729...) and Password sent to your mailbox when you first registered. Try this step and if it does not work, consult the Postgraduate School by sending them a mail or going to the School if the need arises. Time no dey oh!
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by lilliesboy(m): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
lolitadauz:
Good afternoon guys, please I need your assistance. After imputing my name and email address am yet to get an application number and password sent to my email address and it is almost 30 minutes.
Check your "Spam" box on your email, it might be there. But, if you can't find it then register again or if possible, create a new email and register with it.
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by lolitadauz(f): 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
lilliesboy:

Check your "Spam" box on your email, it might be there. But, if you can't find it then register again or if possible, create a new email and register with it.

Thanks, I just activated my account but I cannot proceed. The field for proposed department , proposed programme and field of interest is blank not bringing anything out
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by lilliesboy(m): 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
lolitadauz:

Thanks, I just activated my account but I cannot proceed. The field for proposed department , proposed programme and field of interest is blank not bringing anything out
The problem is from the website; they are either ugrading or fixing it. Other applicants complained the same thing yesterday, but I believe it will be fixed soon. Try later in the night or tomorrow morning.
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by lolitadauz(f): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
lilliesboy:

The problem is from the website; they are either ugrading or fixing it. Other applicants complained the same thing yesterday, but I believe it will be fixed soon. Try later in the night or tomorrow morning.

Thanks again, would try again in the evening
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by OvaSabi1(f): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
lilliesboy:

Hello, on the first page titled "proposed programme information", do I select M.Phill or M.Phill/PhD?. I wanted PhD but did not meet certain requirements. Hoping to move on to PhD.
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by fergie001: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
I will like to apologise for d delay,schl work and the fact that Oga Seun gave me holiday small(technically,ban...lol).
Most of the issues I read here are network-related,so I will advise using the internet mostly at nights,usingna chrome or Firefox.

Accommodation is as difficult if not more in UI for Postgraduate.I mean very very difficult,only the strong survive,and the key is to be in a dept where names are shortlisted quicker.
The accommodation isn't sure for MSC and perhaps worse for PhD.But take it one step at a time,as I will advise.

25th is on Tuesday and honestly,I will appeal to all those who have issues to sort it out as soon as possible.Tomorrow is Friday and seem to be the only real day left.
Bombard the MIS by mail,esp at nyt,whenever....Govt work is National Work.

Make sure you provide valid emails for you and your referees,as this might be some of the problems,Capital letters,small letters,underscore,etc.

The MPhil and MPhil/PhD Programmes are explained this:
-In the MPhil grade,you run it like another prog,you are even given a certificate for it,exams are written depending on d dept,its a 12months duration prog.
-In the MPhil/PhD grade,you are like a PhD student,you are given thesis reports and all that which you work on tediously,for averagely a year,then sit for a conversion exam which is usually oral,You do well,you can now proceed to PhD.

You have registered,and the mail isn't in your inbox,you can check your spam,etc.....it has to be somewhere,or wait for an hour and no response,you send a mail to the MIS.

Glitches will come and here,even before your proficiency,some will not be invited,maybe network,maybe human error,so these are vigilant times.

The submit button is a network glitch that will be ratified,soonest.
And more importantly,for those who didn't have their 1st degree in UI or have their previous degrees in UI and intend to swap options,it is important you enquire hard so as not to be sidetracked by the dept.

Like I said,use the nights more often,it seems more friendly.

Be Strong,Wish You Well.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by OvaSabi1(f): 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
fergie001:
I will like to apologies for d delay,schl work and the fact that Oga Seun gave me holiday small(technically,ban...lol).
Most of the issues I read here are network-related,so I will advise using the internet mostly at nights,usingna chrome or Firefox.

Accommodation is as difficult if not more in UI for Postgraduate.I mean very very difficult,only the strong survive,and the key is to be in a dept where names are shortlisted quicker.
The accommodation isn't sure for MSC and perhaps worse for PhD.But take it one step at a time,as I will advise.

25th is on Tuesday and honestly,I will appeal to all those who have issues to sort it out as soon as possible.Tomorrow is Friday and seem to be the only real day left.

Make sure you provide valid emails for you and your referees,as this might be some of the problems,Capital letters,small letters,underscore,etc.

-In the MPhil grade,you run it like another prog,you are even given a certificate for it,exams are written depending on d dept,its a 12months duration prog.
-In the MPhil/PhD grade,you are like a PhD student,you are given thesis reports and all that which you work on tediously,for averagely a year,then sit for a conversion exam which is usually oral,You do well,you can now proceed to PhD.

You have registered,and the mail isn't in your inbox,you can check your spam,etc.....it has to be somewhere,or wait for an hour and no response,you send a mail to the MIS.

Glitches will come and here,even before your proficiency,some will not be invited,maybe network,maybe human error,so these are vigilant times.

And more importantly,for those who didn't have their 1st degree in UI or have their previous degrees in UI and intend to swap options,it is important you enquire hard so as not to be sidetracked by the dept.

Be Strong,Wish You Well.

Thank you very much and welcome back from the b.an lol. I just found out that I misplaced my transcript but I have the soft copy. About the references, must they all be academic references? Also, I live in Abuja. Will you advise I come to Ibadan just to process the admission because I have a lot of questions?
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by fergie001: 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
OvaSabi1:

Thank you very much and welcome back from the b.an lol. I just found out that I misplaced my transcript but I have the soft copy. About the references, must they all be academic references? Also, I live in Abuja. Will you advise I come to Ibadan just to process the admission because I have a lot of questions?
No mind Oga Seun,lol.
Your prog/grade
UI won't collect soft copy,
U still can re-pricess your transcript from your alma-mater,its just that its extra-cash.
And an advise to all those submitting transcript now,make sure the transcript label is attached,hence it is assumed you did not submit.
No,u need at least 1,perhaps the 1st,anyone who taught you in any step of your educ.,prim/sec/tertiary.
Coming to abuja depends on factors,relating to prog,dept,grade,etc.
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by dhewon: 6:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
Please I can't find the submit button ,please add me to the whatsapp group 08060038396
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by fizeul(m): 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
fergie001:
I will like to apologise for d delay,schl work and the fact that Oga Seun gave me holiday small(technically,ban...lol).

Be Strong,Wish You Well.

please, what is MIS email address.
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by mauyonn: 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
Please I need the prospectus asap. Here is my email address bussybiyi@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by fergie001: 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=fizeul post=58662462]

please, what is MIS email address.
[/quo
informationofficer@pgschool.ui.edu.ng.
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Shogoh70: 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
Please can I get the test past questions daddycoolsogo03@yahoo.com and also add me up on the Watsapp group 08069038320
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Donvitalis(m): 1:06am On Jul 21, 2017
While filling the application form, there are some documents i shelved uploading since i've not scanned them. Will I still be taken back to that stage again?
Re: 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out by Akin4Christ(m): 2:13am On Jul 21, 2017
Donvitalis:
While filling the application form, there are some documents i shelved uploading since i've not scanned them. Will I still be taken back to that stage again?

YES!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (48) (Reply)

2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / The School Attended By Success, The Warri Girl Sent Home Over Fees / School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.