Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,219 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - (19033 Views)

Mohammed Bello Adoke: Tinubu’s Close Ally Engineered His CCT Trial / Saraki Speaks On ‘stepping Down’ For Atiku / Saraki & His Supporters Jubilating After CCT Trial in Abuja Today (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by itsdumebi(m): 4:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nigeria's senate president, Bukola Saraki has stated that he bear no grudge against anyone following his win at the CCT trial on Wednesday.

In a statement made available to Politics Nigeria, Saraki stated;

Today, June 14, 2017, the Code of Conduct Tribunal sitting in Abuja discharged and acquitted me on a case of false declaration of assets, which started in September 2015.

You would recall that at the beginning of the trial, I maintained that I will clear my name. The conclusion of this trial has vindicated my position. With the outcome of this case, our faith is renewed in our courts and our hope is restored that the judiciary in our country could indeed provide sanctuary for all those who seek justice.

I thank the Almighty Allah, the ultimate Judge and the repository of all powers. He alone has brought about this victory. I am immensely grateful to all my colleagues in the National Assembly for their abiding support. All through my trial, they demonstrated their strong conviction about the choice we all decided to make two years ago. I thank members of my family for their unflinching support. I thank all friends and supporters back home in Kwara State and across the length and breadth of our country for their prayers and their sacrifices. My gratitude also goes to all members of my legal team for their tireless efforts to ensure the cause of justice is served.

After undergoing the crucible of a tortuous trial, my vindication today calls for celebration. It is my belief however that if there should be any celebration at all, it should be a celebration of the hopes that this judgment gives us as citizens that despite all the challenges that we face as a country, we are well on our way to building a country where the innocent needs not be afraid. I therefore urge all my supporters to refrain from any unbridled triumphalism. The challenges that our country faces today are enormous and do not allow for wanton celebration. Instead, we should all reflect on the significance of this moment and what it meant for our democracy.

On a personal note, I harbour no grudge against anyone, regardless of the role they might have played in the persecution that I had endured in the last two years. I believe that If my trial had in anyway given hope to the common man that no matter the forces arraigned against him, he can still get justice in our courts, then my tribulation had not been in vain.

Once again, I thank my colleagues in the 8th Senate for standing firm. Regardless of the distraction of my trial, we have achieved more as legislators than the previous Senates. Now that this distraction is over, we can even achieve so much more. We must now proceed from here with greater vigour to deliver on the expectations of Nigerians and show that this 8th Senate can indeed play a central role in improving the quality of lives of our people.

Lastly, I thank all the gentlemen of the press for your abiding interest in this case, which I believe had contributed in no small measure in ensuring that truth and reason ultimately prevailed.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/06/14/bear-no-grudge-anyone-saraki-speaks-cct-trial-win/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by stephleena(f): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
see his puffy face,tortoise

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by baralatie(m): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
way and days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by idesylvester(m): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
We the youth have grudges against you for looting our funds

Using Allah to deceive yaself

I hope one day these our leaders will join NL and see how aggrieved we're

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Nbote(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
idesylvester:

I hope one day these our leaders will join NL and see our aggrieved we're

Ur grudge shld b with d govt dat kips deceiving itself and some Nigerians into thinking dey are fighting a socalled war against corruption.. Some of us saw thru d whole charade for what it was but morons kept hailing d govt then.. Dey claimed dey had compelling evidence and blah blah blah and succeeded in turning Nigerians against d Senate but ppl forgot to see beyond d power play at work.. Everyone needs leverage and dey are all in it together.. Corruption war my ass

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Sunofgod(m): 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
Liar... you want tinubu dead,
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by akpamuomenka: 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
Is it not the same ALLAH BOKO Haram members are thanking when they killed innocent people that you're also thanking.

Buhari and APC should stop blaming GEJ b'cos they are not better than GEJ.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by orisa37: 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2017
Very magnanimous-The Mark of Elder Stateman and a Patriot.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by three: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
Before...

The guys in Lagos thought they were fighting a common enemy till they found they were very alone.

Abuja Politics is very different from Regional Politics (Neither however, impact positively on the Masses).

The BIG Question is....if Saraki runs for PRESIDENT and the usual suspects (Saharareporters inclusive) support him, will YOU vote for him?

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by deebsman1(m): 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by nototribalist: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
Thiefnubuu is a loser. Just watch how Afonjas will be crying here.

They don't know that saraki is a stronger politician than thiefnubuu who's just a slave to his Fulani masters ( Atiku)

13 Likes

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by seunmsg(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nonsense. At this rate, even Dasuki will be discharged and acquitted. Nigeria judiciary and the entire fight against corruption is gradually turning into a joke.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by expressforecast: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
Interesting
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Moreoffaith(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THOSE LOOTING YOUR DESTINY....

1 Like

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by SalamRushdie: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
We bear Grudge oo , we bear Grudge against Buhari , we bear Grudge against BMC....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by namfral: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
Sunofgod:
Liar...
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by gsparks01(m): 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
No surprise in his acquittal. In fact, I thought it'll come much earlier.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by nototribalist: 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
idesylvester:

I hope one day these our leaders will join NL and see our aggrieved we're
saraki didn't collect 1 Naira from you. But thiefnubuu looted Lagos funds for himself

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by burkingx(f): 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Kobicove(m): 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by nerodenero: 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
nototribalist:
saraki didn't collect 1 Naira from you. But thiefnubuu looted Lagos funds for himself
You hold brief or should I say you support Sarakill looting Kwara dry but frown at Mr. Froggy's looting skills!!! Never support any polithiefcian.

@ the topic: A huge dent on the anti-corruption campaign. Another failed campaign promise. I'm not surprised.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by richidinho(m): 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
APC govt was jst playing ludo with Sarrki and Omenkalives destiny grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Oladelson(m): 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
he can never bear any naw
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by chuksjuve(m): 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
neither do i
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by burkingx(f): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
grin grin
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by emmasege: 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
The Saraki that I know (not the one someone told me about ) is a green snake under green grass and worse still, one of the greatest looters of our treasury. He made that statement because his greedy eyes are fixed on the Aso Rock seat so he can be seen as a good man with a large heart.

Are we talking of a thief who upgraded Ilorin airport and ensured it got an international status so he could be doing his money laundry directly from the airport, while a sitting governor? I was @ Ilorin airport some 1 or 2 weeks to his exit as governor when he flew many bags of foreign currency directly to Barcelona.

If Saraki is not a thief, the government can as well free all finance-related criminals in our prison, including Evans. After all, if these polithieves and legislooters had not been stealing our common wealth and had made life worth a living for young Nigerians, some of these youths might not have gone into crimes. My argument is not to justify young criminals but rather to mete out more stringent punishments to the looters of our national treasury.

On a more serious note, Nigeria is in a serious mess and only God and revolution can free her.

11 Likes

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by burkingx(f): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
nerodenero:
A huge dent on the anti-corruption campaign. Another failed campaign promise. I'm not surprised.
... undecided

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by slyrone(m): 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
BUKOLA SARAKI DEFEATED HIS DAD, HE WENT EVEN FURTHER TO DEFEAT THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC TOO. HATE HIM OR LOVE HIM, THE MAN IS SMART.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by sulesule12(m): 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
turning into a joke, isn't it a joke already

1 Like

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Cchley8(m): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2017
Such a shame
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by GuntersChain(m): 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2017
In politics no permanent friend or permanent enemy is all about common interest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo Police Bans Protests 24 Hours To Supreme Court Judgement Review / FG Budgets N10.6bn For Transportation Of COVID-19 Vaccine Across Nigeria / Support Group Holds ‘One-Million-Man-March’ For Tinubu In Kogi (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.