Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Relocating To South Africa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To South Africa (9087 Views)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Relocating To Abuja From Lagos / Please How Much Do Dey Sell Ticket To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To South Africa by shilling(f): 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2010
yoruba:

The safest city in SA is Port Elizabeth, and it has one of the most friendliest people on earth.

PE's good., probably your best bet. Cape Town, maybe.

RSA:

I think he should try the mines in Rustenburg(my birth town cheesy cool),70% of the world platinium come from this town.So try this sites

And a sizeable portion of the world's xenophobia too, right? grin tongue
Re: Relocating To South Africa by 14(m): 12:30am On Feb 05, 2010
You dont even know Rustenburg. If that was the case, you wouldn't have 50% of people working in the mines from outside SA. 50% of people who work in the Rustenburg mines are not South African. You must get your facts correctly.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by shilling(f): 12:37am On Feb 05, 2010
1,2:

You dont even know Rustenburg. If that was the case, you wouldn't have 50% of people working in the mines from outside SA. 50% of people who work in the Rustenburg mines are not South African. You must get your facts correctly.

Exactly why there's so much Xenophobia there., because there are so many "foreigners" and y'all hate em - "they're stealing our jobs" blah blah blah. Your reasoning leaves a lot to be desired.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by RSA(m): 8:36am On Feb 05, 2010
shilling:

Exactly why there's so much Xenophobia there., because there are so many "foreigners" and y'all hate em - "they're stealing our jobs" blah blah blah. Your reasoning leaves a lot to be desired.

Princess I think you just asking for a fight,xenophobia story is so outdated,56 people where killed and majority where South Africans,and you make it sound like it was a worse thing that ever happened in Africa or the world.How about Jos? or the people who are killed there are not real Africans,or the fact that they're killed by other Nigerians made them saints or loving people.Please you start to bore me to deathh now.And I am saying this in a very polite way because you are a lady.

And just for the record,my father is from Mozambique and he married my mother who is a South African,and there are lot of families like mine.And all my life I've never and don't know anyone who've experienced any xenophobic attacks.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by shilling(f): 9:06am On Feb 05, 2010
RSA:

Princess I think you just asking for a fight,xenophobia story is so outdated,56 people where killed and majority where South Africans,and you make it sound like it was a worse thing that ever happened in Africa or the world.How about Jos? or the people who are killed there are not real Africans,or the fact that they're killed by other Nigerians made them saints or loving people.Please you start to bore me to deathh now.And I am saying this in a very polite way because you are a lady.

And just for the record,my father is from Mozambique and he married my mother who is a South African,and there are lot of families like mine.And all my life I've never and don't know anyone who've experienced any xenophobic attacks.

Your point being?
PS: Your grammar needs work, it's really painful to read.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by RSA(m): 11:08am On Feb 05, 2010
Point is we all live peacefully in South Africa with other nationality,and its been like this for years.

grin grin Gramah,gramar! what is it with Nigeria and english? I mean you know very well that english is not my first,second or third language(I don't think is your first language too) and you make it as if one need to speak it or write it well to be considered intelligent.I don't need english to be succesful,unless if I got into a little boat and paddle it to europe,there my english will be needed when I beg them not to deport me back.

Grow up lady,I am not here to practice my english,I was just getting my point accross,and I think you've got it.
Now don't respond to my post.

5 Likes

Re: Relocating To South Africa by shilling(f): 4:30pm On Feb 05, 2010
RSA:

Now don't respond to my post.

I DID  grin RSA, I find you really amusing lol.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by 14(m): 3:33am On Feb 06, 2010
shilling:

I DID  grin RSA, I find you really amusing lol.

Have you lost your mind? You really dont know what you're talking about. You first complaing about RSA's command of English language like its your first language. You probably are those people who hate where they come from forgetting that they still have their mother and father living there. Pretending to be an American. You will stay there for years and years without getting a Citizenship. At the end you will be deported back your village where there there is no Toilet and running water.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by shilling(f): 6:26am On Feb 06, 2010
You're deranged.

I'm a permanent resident of Canada, but that doesn't change anything - I'm Nigerian through and through, my parents don't live in NG, most of my family do live there and even if they didn't, like I said, it wouldn't change anything - my allegiance is with Nigeria.

You really need to check yourself if you believe using English as 2nd language gives you the right to murder the language.

1,2:

At the end you will be deported back your village where there there is no Toilet and running water. 

lol, you just plain daft- synonyms include dim, dull, slow, dense, foolish, wacko, nuts, round the bend, you name it. I don't expect you to know the meaning of that word, English isn't your 1st language after all.

And yes, I find RSA very amusing. I pick on him a bit, but I love the fact that he's  here reppin' SA, grammatical errors and all  grin . Much more than I can say about you asshole.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by 14(m): 1:27am On Feb 07, 2010
shilling:

You're deranged.

I'm a permanent resident of Canada, but that doesn't change anything - I'm Nigerian through and through, my parents don't live in NG, most of my family do live there and even if they didn't, like I said, it wouldn't change anything - my allegiance is with Nigeria.

You really need to check yourself if you believe using English as 2nd language gives you the right to murder the language.

lol, you just plain daft- synonyms include dim, dull, slow, dense, foolish, wacko, nuts, round the bend, you name it. I don't expect you to know the meaning of that word, English isn't your 1st language after all.

And yes, I find RSA very amusing. I pick on him a bit, but I love the fact that he's here reppin' SA, grammatical errors and all grin . Much more than I can say about you asshole.

Why did you run away from Nigeria? Who is gonna fix the country if you run away? This is the reason why Nigeria will never improve in anything, people who are supposed to be fixing the country run away. Do you think Canada is better that Nigeria, you can make Nigeria better than Canada. Running away from poverty, shame. I can see you are lost, you dont really know where you belong. You boasting about being a Permanent resident of Canada. Are you proud about having acquired the papers frogulently. You should be proud to be Nigerian living in Nigeria. It shows that you lack self confident. You need help my man.

When last did you go home? I suppose since you left nigeria 10yrs ago you have never gone back home to visit your people. I feel sorry for you. Since you acquire citizenship you are master of English language in a country dominated by English and french peaking people. Do you do the same thing to the French speaking people in canada. Do you tell them that they cant speak English properly. You pretend like you are the grand son / slave of the Queen.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To South Africa by shilling(f): 1:55am On Feb 07, 2010
Is that the best you can do, come on 1,2, that's quite disappointing. Now, to address your buncombe

1,2:

Why did you run away from Nigeria? Who is gonna fix the country if you run away? This is the reason why Nigeria will never improve in anything, people who are supposed to be fixing the country run away.

Olodo, I didn't run away. I'm away to improve myself, to get an EDUCATION. When that's done with, if all goes according to plan, I will go back and set up my business. Simp, do you get that?

1,2:

You boasting about being a Permanent resident of Canada.

I wasn't boasting, I was merely stating a fact and even if I was, it took my family about 6 years to get that, people go through hell to get. I don't live in Canada, never have; it barely makes a difference to me.

1,2:

You boasting about being a Permanent resident of Canada. Are you proud about having acquired the papers frogulently. You should be proud to be Nigerian living in Nigeria. It shows that you lack self confident. You need help my man.
Even if I did get them fraudulently, that won't make me less of a human being. I was born in Nigeria, and damn right proud when I lived there. Your reasoning is like that of a 4 year old if you think people relocate because they're not proud of their country. But, then again, it's 1,2 talking, shocking. This rarely happens, but this is one of the few times when words fail me. I can't express how slow you are, I won't even try. 

1,2:

When last did you go home? I suppose since you left nigeria 10yrs ago you have never gone back home to visit your people. I feel sorry for you. Since you acquire citizenship you are master of English language in a country dominated by English and french peaking people.

"I suppose, " You suppose? Dude, seriously?!! *shakes head* I visit Nigeria every year, twice last year actually. It only gets better - the nitwit doesn't know the difference between being a permanent resident and being a citizen. Where do I start?

1,2:

Do you do the same thing to the French speaking people in canada. Do you tell them that they cant speak English properly.
1,2 I'm impressed, you came so close to raising a valid point. To answer your question, I don't - like you said, they're french speaking people, it's their OFFICIAL LANGUAGE. It is one of their rights to carry out their activities in French. What's your excuse?

I'm so proud of you - coming to a forum and advertising your low mental capacity. You can't come to a forum and start assuming things about people whom you don't know a thing about. Your critical thinking skills are just plain sad, with people like you on display - no wonder your country is begging for Nigerian teachers.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by 14(m): 2:40am On Feb 07, 2010
shilling:

Is that the best you can do, come on 1,2, that's quite disappointing. Now, to address your buncombe

Olodo, I didn't run away. I'm away to improve myself, to get an EDUCATION. When that's done with, if all goes according to plan, I will go back and set up my business. Simp, do you get that?

I wasn't boasting, I was merely stating a fact and even if I was, it took my family about 6 years to get that, people go through hell to get. I don't live in Canada, never have; it barely makes a difference to me.
Even if I did get them fraudulently, that won't make me less of a human being. I was born in Nigeria, and damn right proud when I lived there. Your reasoning is like that of a 4 year old if you think people relocate because they're not proud of their country. But, then again, it's 1,2 talking, shocking. This rarely happens, but this is one of the few times when words fail me. I can't express how slow you are, I won't even try. 

"I suppose, " You suppose? Dude, seriously?!! *shakes head* I visit Nigeria every year, twice last year actually. It only gets better - the nitwit doesn't know the difference between being a permanent resident and being a citizen. Where do I start?
1,2 I'm impressed, you came so close to raising a valid point. To answer your question, I don't - like you said, they're french speaking people, it's their OFFICIAL LANGUAGE. It is one of their rights to carry out their activities in French. What's your excuse?

I'm so proud of you - coming to a forum and advertising your low mental capacity. You can't come to a forum and start assuming things about people whom you don't know a thing about. Your critical thinking skills are just plain sad, with people like you on display - no wonder your country is begging for Nigerian teachers.

I thought you would be so proud that we will help some one to be able to put food on the table. Africa eats, breaths, sleeps South Africa. We own Sub sahara africa. From Senegal to Eritria, from Sudan to Lesotho, from Angola to Tanzania. If you disagree, go to all the Sub saharan countries, you should start with Nigeria. Its your assignment. I need a report back by monday. Run son
Re: Relocating To South Africa by shilling(f): 4:57am On Feb 07, 2010
1,2:

I thought you would be so proud that we will help some one to be able to put food on the table. Africa eats, breaths, sleeps South Africa. We own Sub sahara africa. From Senegal to Eritria, from Sudan to Lesotho, from Angola to Tanzania. If you disagree, go to all the Sub saharan countries, you should start with Nigeria. Its your assignment. I need a report back by monday. Run son

Now it's getting disturbing. OCD, ADD, ASD, stupidity is also a mental disorder especially when it's at an advanced level like yours is, and clearly delusional to top it all off.

With a brain like yours, matric must have been awfully difficult. Dude, it must suck to be you, damn!!

1 Like

Re: Relocating To South Africa by 14(m): 8:21pm On Feb 07, 2010
shilling:

Now it's getting disturbing. OCD, ADD, ASD, stupidity is also a mental disorder especially when it's at an advanced level like yours is, and clearly delusional to top it all off.

With a brain like yours, matric must have been awfully difficult. Dude, it must suck to be you, damn!!

Brainless, Your head is full of water. slowpoke, little twit. No wonder you are so lonely, whatever you pew makes no sense. Check yourself at mental institution. Something is worng with you. With that kind of a name, "Shilling" lack of creativity, but its not a surprised Mr English, a retarded person cant come up with any thing creative.

it must suck to be you heheheeeee, people wish to be like me, including you. It must suck to be you, you hate yourself and  your country. Low self esteem, Went to canada to beg for food. If you were still in Nigeria you would have died of Starvation long time ago. Its emberassing to be you, i feel for you man. Poverty made you run away. Lets hope you are not selling drugs. "i am exploring the world" my foot. niga is busy selling drugs. Bustard, you should be hanged in public Madafaka. Come this side and try to sell drugs on our streets. We will lock you up for 100 yrs. Your fellow country men are rotting in South African jails by trying to be clever.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by shilling(f): 12:06am On Feb 08, 2010
1,2:

Brainless, Your head is full of wate[/b]r. slowpoke, little twit. No wonder you are so lonely, whatever you pew makes no sense. Check yourself at mental institution. Something is worng with you. With that kind of a name, "Shilling" lack of creativity, but its not a surprised Mr English, a retarded person cant come up with any thing creative.

[b]it must suck to be you
heheheeeee, people wish to be like me, including you. It must suck to be you, you hate yourself and  your country. Low self esteem, Went to canada to beg for food. If you were still in Nigeria you would have died of Starvation long time ago. Its emberassing to be you, i feel for you man. Poverty made you run away. Lets hope you are not selling drugs. "i am exploring the world" my foot. niga is busy selling drugs. Bustard, you should be hanged in public Madafaka. Come this side and try to sell drugs on our streets. We will lock you up for 100 yrs. Your fellow country men are rotting in South African jails by trying to be clever.

grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy Your imbecility - it really knows no bounds, does it?
PS: That word means retardation more severe than a slowpoke.

KEEP GOING!!! It's getting really comical - nothing beats seeing a dimwit doing what he does best.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To South Africa by snoopy(m): 11:31pm On Feb 08, 2010
its pathetic really when those at the bottom of the food chain IN THEIR OWN LAND try to take credit for the achievments of their WHITE LORDS! like i hear one say they own Africa lol and the fools have to wait for lady oprah to come build schools for their broke asses and like starvation thats widespread in their AIDS ridden townships! well like a friend of mine said once, BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS ARE LIKE MONKEYS IN EXPENSIVE JEANS! with all the ''infrastructure'' their white lords put in place, they still dont look pretty. in character and exposure! its only a matter o' time before this sick sonofab1tches take to the streets again to burn ''foreigners'' for ''stealing their jobs'' and ''taking their women'' lol, A shaka zulu legacy perhaps. an average south african is crude and xenophobic! pure and simple!
Re: Relocating To South Africa by shilling(f): 12:34am On Feb 09, 2010
snoopy:

its pathetic really when those at the bottom of the food chain IN THEIR OWN LAND try to take credit for the achievments of their WHITE LORDS! like i hear one say they own Africa lol and the fools have to wait for lady oprah to come build schools for their broke asses and like starvation thats widespread in their AIDS ridden townships! well like a friend of mine said once, BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS ARE LIKE MONKEYS IN EXPENSIVE JEANS! with all the ''infrastructure'' their white lords put in place, they still dont look pretty. in character and exposure! its only a matter o' time before this sick sonofab1tches take to the streets again to burn ''foreigners'' for ''stealing their jobs'' and ''taking their women'' lol, A shaka zulu legacy perhaps. an average south african is crude and xenophobic! pure and simple!

After living in SA for about 4 years, I can confidently say:
-THAT PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP-
Re: Relocating To South Africa by RSA(m): 8:04am On Feb 09, 2010
snoopy:

You need deliverance mudafuccker,go and scrrew yourself or tickle your balls.do somethings nigga cause what you are saying sound like your mother is a whoore.Fat black bitchh with black silver stipes all over her asss.
South Africa is our country,it was our country then and it's still our country now.Our gold and platinium build the infrustructure and we  continuing building it.

Yes I think South Africans are enticle to murder anyone who they feel like murdering in their country,it is their fuccken country,and why are your brothers going there if they know they're hated?Who invited them?You know why ?because they have no choise cause where they come from is worse than South Africa.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by snoopy(m): 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2010
lol Mr RSA. relax brov and just in case you didnt notice i've got the protection of my monitor screen so its really no use ranting like a depraved rabid mongrel! and for someone your age you really shouldnt be found swearing indiscriminately cuz it takes off the shine! lol on a lighter note i must say i respect you and yoruba a lot for your somewhat matured posts, well sometimes i.e! and my last post was rather directed at 1,2 who with the likes of mpele have most of their posts about Nigeria laced with malicious undertones. (oh yes. i've been on NL since 2005 and i know a lot even though i hardly post comments) its understandable for you to go defensive if my comments didnt go down well with you. at least you'ld understand how it feels to see your country bashed with impunity!
Re: Relocating To South Africa by RSA(m): 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2010
^^apology accepted mate,if you've been following posts on South Africa here you'll have notice the lack of respect for black South Africans by Nigerians.The Xenophobia attacks gave most of your people an excuse to attack us and taking out their anger laced with jealousy on black South Africans.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by MWayne1: 3:02pm On Feb 09, 2010
Hi RSA, whats up with ya? Have been waiting here online just to meet with ya and ask some few questions about someone relocating to S.A
Re: Relocating To South Africa by MWayne1: 3:12pm On Feb 09, 2010
Can you plz answer me, is cape town a better place to be in SA?
Re: Relocating To South Africa by RSA(m): 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2010
M.Wayne:

Can you plz answer me, is cape town a better place to be in SA?

Yes Cape Town is a beautiful place,a holiday city,but if you want to work and make money Gauteng Province is the place,It is not called Gngsters Parradise for nothing grin

But South Africa has lot of other interesting places you could visit or stay,like Port Elizabeth(nicknamed freindly city),Petermaritzburg,Durban,East London,Knysna all this cities are coastal cities and there is Pretoria,Nelspruit,Petersburg,Rustenburg-SunCity and Kimberly.

Please visit www.southafrica.net
Re: Relocating To South Africa by morpheus24: 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2010
RSA:

^^apology accepted mate,if you've been following posts on South Africa here you'll have notice the lack of respect for black South Africans by Nigerians.The Xenophobia attacks gave most of your people an excuse to attack us and taking out their anger laced with jealousy on black South Africans.

Hmmm I wonder why before the Xenophobic attacks there wasn't blantant attacks of jealousy on your brethren. Maybe its because we didn't have a perception of Saffers in such a light,
Re: Relocating To South Africa by snoopy(m): 9:38pm On Feb 09, 2010
RSA no man theres no jealousy anywhere but as a figment of your imaginations. lets look outside NL. i also frequent a lot of forums such as oboma social network and topix which also have a large number of Nigerian and SA users. and i tell ya the SA-Naija beef here is childs play compared to what goes down there and in most cases always initiated by the SAs. you cant deny that a lot of black SAs still have a long way to go when it comes to exposure! and xenophobia has always been entrenched in the SA society. the july 2008 incidents only happen to have caught the attention of the world media.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by morpheus24: 10:13pm On Feb 09, 2010
snoopy:

RSA no man theres no jealousy anywhere but as a figment of your imaginations. lets look outside NL. i also frequent a lot of forums such as oboma social network and topix which also have a large number of Nigerian and SA users. and i tell ya the SA-Naija beef here is childs play compared to what goes down there and in most cases always initiated by the SAs. you cant deny that a lot of black SAs still have a long way to go when it comes to exposure! and xenophobia has always been entrenched in the SA society. the july 2008 incidents only happen to have caught the attention of the world media.

Dem no like  the way Naija dey ginger their swagga.  You see if the 'whiteman' or an Arabian prince, even Chinese man has swagga its comprehensible since thats is the norm for many a black people.

However its dumbfounding that the audacity for a Naija man[b] despite [/b] the state of his "country" to have the same swagga + JARA is just incomprehensible since in one's thought process a blackman who doesn't swagga like a whiteman is not capable of such flamboyancy in such situations.

exception being South Africans or AA's who have paid a heafty price for their swagga.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by snoopy(m): 12:02am On Feb 10, 2010
^^ exactment! (sic) our game too tight! and for the fact say we dey floss our swag right under their noses and their women dey trip for our style! that one na im come fuel the resentment!
Re: Relocating To South Africa by RSA(m): 9:03am On Feb 10, 2010
^^With this mentality now we know why Africa will forever be a dark continent embarassed
Re: Relocating To South Africa by 14(m): 12:00am On Feb 11, 2010
Yes RSA, it will take us africans 200 years to fully develop. We still have people who think backwards. People must just focuss at the back yards. Stop comparing your country with other african countries. Nigeria is no way similar to South Africa. We never check whether Nigeria is killing 450 people in tribal wars. Its their problem and if they need peace they will fix it.

People are still talking about things that happened 2 years ago and only 52 people got killed, and there was no a single Nigerian. But Nigeria has just killed 450 people 3 weeks ago and we have forgotten about it. hhmmm, what a double standard.

But thats goes to show you which country is more important in Africa than the rest. South Africa is always under the microscope, But i understand, if South Africa fails the rest of Africa will definately fail. Nigeria's success lays on South Africa's success.
Re: Relocating To South Africa by Kun234(m): 10:19am On Jul 17, 2018
I am a graduate of biochemistry with a 2.2 grade,I have been to South Africa once but it was only on visit and I am back to Nigeria ,I don’t know if I can get a job there if I apply again.am just been careful so I will not be stranded in no mans land

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accra Aerial / Jamaica. / Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.