Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates (2603 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Apologises To Inspector Okon Over Threat To His Children / Elzakzaky To Return To Nigeria As FG Apologises To India Over Unruly Behaviour / Oshiomhole Apologises To Imo Catholic Community Over Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by olatade(m): 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has apologised to the government of Saudi Arabia over the sales of free dates donated by the kingdom to Nigeria.
About 200 tons of dates packaged and circulated as gifts to Nigerian Muslims observing the Ramadan fasting are being sold in the open market in Abuja.
The ministry, in a statement by its spokesperson, Clement Aduku, expressed “disappointment” over the “unfortunate turn of events” but said the matter is being investigated to avoid a repeat in the future.
Aduku said the dates were warehoused by Saudi embassy in Abuja and distributed in the presence of the Charge d’Affaires, Dr Yahya Ali Mughram and the ministry’s director of Middle East and Gulf in conjunction with the National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons.
“It is important to note that once the dates were delivered to their final destinations, the ministry of foreign affairs became devoid of any subsequent responsibility. It is therefore disappointing to learn that some of the consignment is being sold for profit,” he said.
The ministry, according to him, expressed gratitude to the Saudi government for the generosity during the holy month of Ramadan.
“We look forward to continuous close cooperation as well as fruitful and fraternal relations between our two countries,” he added.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-apologises-to-saudi-arabia-over-sales-of-free-dates/201845.html
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by DaniDani(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
I was seriously thinking about what they meant by selling of dates. I was like; Did they received calendars from Saudi government and sold it. Not until I checked my dictionary to find out there's a fruit like vine called date. Anyway, Nigeria is synonymous with corruption.

2 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by OlujobaSamuel: 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
DaniDani:
I was seriously thinking about what they meant by selling of dates. I was like; Did they received calendars from Saudi government and sold it. Not until I checked my dictionary to find out there's a fruit like vine called date. Anyway, Nigeria is synonymous with corruption.
thanks for this, me too go check later. i dey reason calendar too before
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by agya1: 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

thanks for this, me too go check later. i dey reason calendar too before
Just so you know what dates look like

5 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
Our boi boi don do joor to the out side world.
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by crestedaguiyi: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
hausas are the leading candidates in fraud in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by sainty2k3(m): 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nigerians can not be without corruption . even on common dabinu. Mtchew

6 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by DAramis: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
agya1:

This fruit is very sugary and cheap. Those who lives in North must definately know this fruit.

2 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by madridguy(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
Corruption! Corruption!! Corruption!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by Pavore9: 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
Sighs!
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by OlujobaSamuel: 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
agya1:
lol, so na dis tin? i dey see am wella na, how come saudi dey donate such give us?
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by baralatie(m): 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
olatade:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has apologised to the government of Saudi Arabia over the sales of free dates donated by the kingdom to Nigeria.
About 200 tons of dates packaged and circulated as gifts to Nigerian Muslims observing the Ramadan fasting are being sold in the open market in Abuja.
The ministry, in a statement by its spokesperson, Clement Aduku, expressed “disappointment” over the “unfortunate turn of events” but said the matter is being investigated to avoid a repeat in the future.
Aduku said the dates were warehoused by Saudi embassy in Abuja and distributed in the presence of the Charge d’Affaires, Dr Yahya Ali Mughram and the ministry’s director of Middle East and Gulf in conjunction with the National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons.
“It is important to note that once the dates were delivered to their final destinations, the ministry of foreign affairs became devoid of any subsequent responsibility. It is therefore disappointing to learn that some of the consignment is being sold for profit,” he said.
The ministry, according to him, expressed gratitude to the Saudi government for the generosity during the holy month of Ramadan.
“We look forward to continuous close cooperation as well as fruitful and fraternal relations between our two countries,” he added.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-apologises-to-saudi-arabia-over-sales-of-free-dates/201845.html
200 tons!that is massive.the north love dates but we don't have that much and unfortunately the ministry does not know where to distribute them.200 tons in abuja?? where they are looking for it in illorin,kano and other northern states
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by xarm(m): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
Today date is 14/06/2017
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by Okoroawusa: 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
xarm:
Today date is 14/06/2017
take time... I no wan laugh.

hahahahaha! u see wetin u cause?
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by jumobi1(m): 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
xarm:
Today date is 14/06/2017

How much Last price?
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by personal59: 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
chai things are getting worst and some stupid youth are celebrating haba ..... some are happy the case are been lost forgetting they
are suffering for it too just because u want to show u av a point isn't all this stupidity at its peakkkkk....?. naija which way now.....
naija youth wake up
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by personal59: 10:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
why am I in this country ooooooo chai
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by FriendNG: 1:49am On Jun 15, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

lol, so na dis tin?
i dey see am wella na, how come saudi dey donate such give us?

It is home of Dates (Saudi) since before the prophet peace be upon him. They have date more than we do.

Saudi donate it becux islamically it is preferable to break your fast with it b4 eating any other thing.

2 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by bantudra: 2:35am On Jun 15, 2017
corruption is very deep in nigerian society......

its something that cant be solved so easily.....

military rule and death sentence could solve it....
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by Nobody: 4:03am On Jun 15, 2017
xarm:
Today date is 14/06/2017
Sell it grin
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by Nobody: 4:06am On Jun 15, 2017
FriendNG:

It is home of Dates (Saudi) since before the prophet peace be upon him. They have date more than we do.

Saudi donate it becux islamically it is preferable to break your fast with it b4 eating any other thing.
How many of the Muslims are really fasting with the rise in terrorist killing from islamic terrorist and the rise in hate speeches from Northern Nigeria Muslims.

You people should stop deceiving yourselves with this fast

2 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by Nobody: 4:06am On Jun 15, 2017
bantudra:
corruption is very deep in nigerian society......

its something that cant be solved so easily.....

military rule and death sentence could solve it....
An unused brain just showed up
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by FriendNG: 4:10am On Jun 15, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
How many of the Muslims are really fasting with the rise in terrorist killing from islamic terrorist and the rise in hate speeches from Northern Nigeria Muslims.

You people should stop deceiving yourselves with this fast

I am not discussing with you neither do I demand your valueless inconsequential opinion.

We are discussing with human pls could you stay out of my post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by Nobody: 4:19am On Jun 15, 2017
FriendNG:

I am not discussion with you neither do I demand your valueless inconsequential opinion.

We are discussing with human pls could you stay out of my post.
Improve on your sentence construction before you start spewing trash.

Don't bother to fast today because it's a waste with the level of bile in your heart. No gods or God will answer the words of a vile heart

2 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by FriendNG: 4:27am On Jun 15, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Improve on your sentence construction before you start spewing trash.

Don't bother to fast today because it's a waste with the level of bile in your heart. No gods or God will answer the words of a vile heart

Like I said I'm not demanding for your opinion. I m simply responding 2 a question filled by a human and not you.
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by Nobody: 4:29am On Jun 15, 2017
FriendNG:

Like I said I'm not demanding for your opinion. I m simply responding 2 a question filled by a human and not you.
Go and eat your Tuwo then start your today deception called fasting grin

1 Like

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 15, 2017
If you see how this plant is revered in the North then you will imagine why they will not just invest in it the way the East plant palm trees and the west plant cocoa. Must we depend on a very 'tiny' Saudi Arabia for our dates supply?

3 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by FriendNG: 4:38am On Jun 15, 2017
nature2abdul:
If you see how this plant is revered in the North then you will imagine why they will not just invest in it the way the East plant palm trees and the west plant cocoa. Must we depend on a very 'tiny' Saudi Arabia for our dates supply?

We are not depending on it. They just decided to gift it.
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by Nobody: 4:45am On Jun 15, 2017
nature2abdul:
Are you sure you are a northerner
Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 15, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Are you sure you are a northerner
Very well. But also very liberally minded.

1 Like

Re: FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 15, 2017
FriendNG:

We are not depending on it. They just decided to gift it.
Most of the ones you see in the market are imported.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rejoinder: The Post That 81 In 100 Buhari Appointment Are Northerners Is a Lie / See How Useless The APC Has Made The Naira In 2018 Pictured / .......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.