Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

My Dog Is Dull And Inactive - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Is Dull And Inactive (2936 Views)

My Dog Is Reacting To Something. HELP!!! / What Kind Of Dog Is This? / My Dog May Die Soon From A Snake Poison, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
I got a cross breed caucasian shepherd mixed with german shepherd,it is 8 months and 2weeks old. His only active to food only,and barks only when it is being chained down while playing with the other dog.. When he sees a stranger he gets scared and runs away,sometimes he just sniffles n walk away.. I don't know what to do to make it active in all and bark at strangers or even trying to attack a stranger..
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
Here are his pictures

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by GogetterMD(m): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
Autistic dog grin

3 Likes

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2017
GogetterMD:
Autistic dog grin

How do you mean??
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by skimmy005: 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
da flog d dog evry mornin he go da active
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
skimmy005:
da flog d dog evry mornin he go da active

Isn't that maltreating the dog

2 Likes

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by waxxydude: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
My guy kill that thing sell it to calabar people na.
Dog wey dey chop chop anyhow, dey run from strangers, that one na dog?

3 Likes

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
waxxydude:

Baba you cold ooo, I be dey reason give m something raw.. Don't know if that's advisable..
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by waxxydude: 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by GogetterMD(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
gibbytee:

How do you mean??
Ignore me jare. But this is what happens with random breed crossing
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2017
GogetterMD:

Ignore me jare. But this is what happens with random breed crossing

Got any idea on what to do??
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by waxxydude: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
gibbytee:

Baba you cold ooo, I be dey reason give m something raw.. Don't know if that's advisable..
Something raw? Ah noo, guy you won rape am? undecided
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by galaciousbabe(f): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2017
gibbytee:
I got a cross breed caucasian shepherd mixed with german shepherd,it is 8 months and 2weeks old. His only active to food only,and barks only when it is being chained down while playing with the other dog.. When he sees a stranger he gets scared and runs away,sometimes he just sniffles n walk away.. I don't know what to do to make it active in all and bark at strangers or even trying to attack a stranger..
Lock him up in a cage, release him only at night so he doesn't have to see people always. Give him food just once a day trust me you'll see how active he will become. I hope he doesn't end up biting u sha grin grin
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
galaciousbabe:

Lock him up in a cage, release him only at night so he doesn't have to see people always. Give him food just once a day trust me you'll see how active he will become. I hope he doesn't end up biting u sha grin grin

Lol! I bet not,it won't bite me.. I hope it works though..
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
waxxydude:
Something raw? Ah noo, guy you won rape am? undecided

Lol, no ooo.. I meant raw meat,fish and so on
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by waxxydude: 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2017
gibbytee:

Lol, no ooo.. I meant raw meat,fish and so on
I'd a friend like you he refuse to accept the truth until one day when his german shepherd mumu dog bite am when the invader gave it dead fish and told it to go after it's owner (my bro). The thing bite my guy, my guy won mad. He first starve the dog for about two weeks, then he sell am give him calabar neighbors.
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by DanseMacabre(m): 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
Bro, mix his diet with marijuana for one week. Then intermittently intersperse it in the diet.

Don't forget to thank me later. grin
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by ifex370(m): 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
waxxydude:
I'd a friend like you he refuse to accept the truth until one day when his german shepherd mumu dog bite am when the invader gave it dead fish and told it to go after it's owner (my bro). The thing bite my guy, my guy won mad. He first starve the dog for about two weeks, then he sell am give him calabar neighbors.

Seriously did you js make this story up?

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by waxxydude: 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
ifex370:

Seriously did you js make this story up?
Yes.
What next? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by ifex370(m): 8:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
waxxydude:
Yes.

What next? undecided

Nahn nahn.. Yo alright grin

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
waxxydude:
Yes.

What next? undecided

Lol!!
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Bro, mix his diet with marijuana for one week. Then intermittently intersperse it in the diet.

Don't forget to thank me later. grin

That wicked laugh strong oo..
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
gibbytee:
caucasian german shepherd mix there you go... You guys have so much bastardized this delicate animals called dogs in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by DanseMacabre(m): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
gibbytee:

That wicked laugh strong oo..

Yes na. Because you go come open another thread dey complain say the dog too wicked.

But I hope you know that pure bred Caucasians are not naturally ferocious and don't make for good guard dogs?
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
DanseMacabre:

Yes na. Because you go come open another thread dey complain say the dog too wicked.

But I hope you know that pure bred Caucasians are not naturally ferocious and don't make for good guard dogs?

But this very own ain't at all
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by gibbytee: 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

caucasian german shepherd mix there you go... You guys have so much bastardized this delicate animals called dogs in nigeria.

Nothing wrong about that, it's not like the white ain't the first doing so.. We got tiger n lion mix..

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by DanseMacabre(m): 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
gibbytee:

But this very own ain't at all

I know. I'm just saying mixing a playful specie with b ferocious one might only make the hybrid somewhat hyperactive and temperamental. That's why it needs the weed.
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by babythug(f): 11:24am On Jun 15, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

For knowledge purposes do share with us why you feel/know that this hybrid is/was a bad idea?

Are all dogs to remain pure breeds?

Isn't it possible that some of the breeds we have now are from hybrids of old?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by Dhayor001(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
Please correct me if I am wrong, he was probably exposed to people who "pet" him while he was younger.

This way, he sees a stranger as a friend and not a potential source of danger.

One quick question, were either of his parents aggressive?

There are 3 ways to fix this although the chances of him changing after 6 months are not too good.

1st method is isolation. Get a cage at the back of your house where he wouldn't see people. You must be the only one who sees him, feeds him and trains him. You may release him at night when everyone is indoors but you must be the first one out in the morning to lock him up. With time, he gets aggressive when he sees others (don't be surprised if he barks at family members too).

2nd method is pairing. Pair him with aggressive dogs. most likely a male. Dogs learn quick. Tell the owner of the paired dog to reward his dog with a treat, good words, head rubs, praises when he shows signs of aggression (during the pairing period). Your dog would follow suit expecting the same. The trick here is to use mostly words and actions rather than focusing more on food items so your dog does not wane in action should you run out of treats.

3rd way, if you have the money, get him professionally trained. There are coaching schools in Lagos and Abuja. If your pocket is thick enough, your dog can be trained to do stuff that would blow your mind.

P.S not all dogs are naturally aggressive, if your dog's innate nature is to be friendly, nothing can change that.

Try option 1 for say 4 months at a stretch, we can decide from there.

4 Likes

Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
+2349093945910

Cherlene
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by Cherlene(f): 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2017
RB007:
+2349093945910

Cherlene

Your new number?

Cherlene
Re: My Dog Is Dull And Inactive by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
Cherlene:

Your new number?
Cherlene
yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Pls Can Someone Help Identify This Breed? / Geese Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.